Continues to do what, you ask? Who knows! Exist at a minimum. Likely bore you all with blog/diary style updates while not making any progress toward fitness, nutrition, or life improvement. Perhaps disappear into a cloud of the don't-wannas. Probably complain about the Florida weather that is already ascending into a miasma of humidity and swampiness.

Who knows! The world is my oyster. Or something.

Other stuff that may happen:

• Vehicle shopping
  • Ongoing cat health saga (hopefully not)
  • Ongoing human preventive health care saga (fingers crossed that all goes well on my 5/10 appointment and I don't have to spend another two weeks playing phone tag with insurance companies and pharmacies)
  • Adventures in lawn care. I think I'm supposed to put fungicide down soon as well as the last pre-summer fertilization/weed n feed.

We've definitely hit a bump/lull in our unpacking and home improvement tasks. Maybe we'll tackle some of that. I'd like to get things in order enough that we could have guests. That'll take quite a bit of work. We could invite someone to come stay to give us a deadline... I'll have to see what Hubs thinks about that as a possibility.

Also, we'll likely get out and explore our town a bit. We're both fully vaccinated so feel a bit safer in venturing out into our adorable little downtown that we have here-to-date only driven through. Of course, 90 degree weather and 80% humidity do put a bit of a damper on outdoor excursions, but we'll see.

Morning walks will continue to happen (2 miles this morning!) as my only consistent concession to not being a slug.

So yeah, welcome to Florida in the summer ;)

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

That's the comment that made me sub here!

Welcome

Ordinarily there would be some semblance of organization, a promising start, and then a gradual descent into haphazard posts and lackadaisical efforts at participation. In the interest of efficiency, I think this challenge will start at phase III.

1 hour ago, sylph said:

Also, we'll likely get out and explore our town a bit. We're both fully vaccinated so feel a bit safer in venturing out into our adorable little downtown that we have here-to-date only driven through.

Sounds lovely. ☺️

Looking forward to vicariously exploring Florida with you

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 5/3/2021 at 11:41 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Sounds lovely. ☺️

It is seriously adorable. Lots of little shops and restaurants and stuff. Apparently it's a bit of an off the path tourist destination, if that makes sense. And a HUGE antique shop just outside of town, which is not our thing, but does explain the service-oriented nature of the surrounding town.

On 5/3/2021 at 11:45 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Looking forward to vicariously exploring Florida with you

There is a British restaurant...pub?...something in town called the Magical Meat Boutique. Apparently it is the place to go for some fish n chips and they have outdoor seating, so I'm pretty hyped to go there.

Also a bar/restaurant down by the lake that has (again) an outdoor patio and all-day happy hour on Mondays.

At some point we'll probably hit Disney (since it's only about 40 minutes from us) since neither hubs nor I have done their Star Wars stuff. Maybe after all the kids go back to school, and it's not 90F/90% humidity here...so like, October.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Let's just say my mind did not think chip shop when I read this. 😆

Nor mine.

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

21 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Let's just say my mind did not think chip shop when I read this. 😆

12 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Nor mine.

Yeeep. I saw it in the list of local business and definitely did a double take while hesitating to click on the 'further details' link.

On 5/5/2021 at 10:00 AM, sylph said:

We are *thisclose* to selling our current vehicle to Carvana and picking up a Jeep Wrangler. So excited.

Neeeewwwww JEEEEEEEP is on order. Fingers crossed that it really only takes the 4-6 weeks promised by our sales guy and not some ridiculous pandemic-fueled delay-fest...

• That's Metal 1

Finally, FINALLY got my BC implant replaced yesterday, so minimal activity + no showering for me until at least tomorrow.

I currently have a compression bandage on my arm until later this afternoon tonight. I took a peek under there and WOW. The bruising is real. I mean, I bruise easily and when I got my first one implanted three years ago, it was something for sure, but this will be NEXT LEVEL bruising. So far (surprisingly) it doesn't hurt too much, though. Lidocaine at the time of, ibuprofen/Aleve yesterday and this morning and it's pretty well under control.

Doing all kinds of maintenance tasks over the last few days--cleaned up the vehicle we're selling a bit, pulled all of the personal papers/information/stuff out of the glove box and put it into a single bin for ready removal on Thursday, contacted the FL equivalent of the DMV to ask about license plate transfer since one car is leaving this week and the Jeep won't be here for weeks, etc.

I was going to make a vaccine appointment for the cat, but I double checked her paperwork and it turns out she isn't due until NEXT year, which is great, but totally screwed with my sense of timing of how long it's been since various things have happened.

And I'm having some serious considerations about joining a CrossFit gym, both to get me off my ass and to meet some people. More musings to come on this one, I'm sure.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

YAY for new car, that's always an exciting time!

We had a Jeep back in... 2004? Took it out to Utah every summer for the next ~7-8 years and crawled over some pretty hairy rocks.

I don't know that we'll take this one that far to the edge (we are older now, and more risk averse) but being able to get out into the 'wilds' where regular vehicles can't go is a big appeal to having a Wrangler.

16 hours ago, sylph said:

Took it out to Utah every summer for the next ~7-8 years and crawled over some pretty hairy rocks.

My dad used to take us out in the Utah desert in his old Nissan pickup and go digging.  Those were fun times

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 5/11/2021 at 6:47 PM, sylph said:

And I'm having some serious considerations about joining a CrossFit gym, both to get me off my ass and to meet some people. More musings to come on this one, I'm sure.

Can't hurt to try. I'm sure the community aspect could provide a kick in the butt. :) 

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

My dad used to take us out in the Utah desert in his old Nissan pickup and go digging.  Those were fun times

Digging? Trying to find some uranium?

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Can't hurt to try. I'm sure the community aspect could provide a kick in the butt. :) 

Possibly. Cost will be a factor as well as finding one with a reasonable philosophy. There are also a handful of 'regular' gyms in the area that I'm going to scout. We've had a basement gym for so long, workouts that are not at home are going to be strange, but I'm really feeling like I need to do something.

1 hour ago, sylph said:

Digging?

It was the common term for offroading.  I always figured it was universal (or at least within the US)

Level 2 Ninja

1 hour ago, sylph said:

Possibly. Cost will be a factor as well as finding one with a reasonable philosophy. There are also a handful of 'regular' gyms in the area that I'm going to scout. We've had a basement gym for so long, workouts that are not at home are going to be strange, but I'm really feeling like I need to do something.

Any circus around? :) 

29 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

It was the common term for offroading.  I always figured it was universal (or at least within the US)

I've never heard it called that, but am not deep within the off-roading world.  We call it 'wheeling' or (depending on the type of terrain you're going on) rock crawling, mudding, etc.

11 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Any circus around? :) 

One that's within a reasonable distance. But I emailed them on Monday to ask a couple questions about their polices and their COVID safety measures and they have yet to get back to me, which isn't terribly encouraging.

2 minutes ago, sylph said:

One that's within a reasonable distance. But I emailed them on Monday to ask a couple questions about their polices and their COVID safety measures and they have yet to get back to me, which isn't terribly encouraging.

Shame, but hopefully they're just being slow. What about pole studios? They're a lot more popular in general and they often have a range of activities, sometimes even silks.

22 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Shame, but hopefully they're just being slow. What about pole studios? They're a lot more popular in general and they often have a range of activities, sometimes even silks.

They finally got back to me this morning. I'm not comfortable that they are taking enough precautions so that'll be out.

I'll have to look for pole--pole itself isn't really my thing, but an acro class or something could be interesting.

Apparently there's also a dragon boat group that's pretty active in the area so that could be a way to meet folks while getting some sort of activity going.

Carvana came and picked up our vehicle yesterday. Super no-hassle, really easy, less than 10 minutes from when he arrived to when he loaded it on the truck. So far, strongly recommend.

We've also gotten the VIN for the Jeep, so things are moving on that end (yay!). We're mulling over all of our options for modding from tires to lift kits to leaving it stock and we're a bit all over the place. Fortunately, we have time.

• Like 1

Worked, then puttered around a bit (organized all our bills from last year so we can do our annual spending assessment...only 6 months late. hah!), sat by the pool, but realized it was slightly too cold for that (cloudy and pretty windy) so hubs and I went for a walk instead.

I am trying to convince hubs that we should at least take a stab at clearing up the junk guest room as it is currently something of a disaster.

He is trying to convince me that since it'll only be in the mid 80s this weekend, we should go downtown and walk around/find somewhere cool to eat and explore.

We will see who wins.

Spoiler

jA2kQwE.gif

• Like 1