andy dwyer i have no idea what im doing GIF

I have free time at work... so I'm using it write the new post. 

Work = Rec and Park Internship where I get to try out the "manager role/admin duties".

I'm a Rec and Park undergrad finishing up my degree with this internship. Will be working until Fall, but getting my degree in August (yay!)

Internship is going great,  like seriously "perfect Internship I couldn't even dream of level". Especially during crazy pandemic still continuing. 

Downside, I'm no longer in a physical job. Upside I am taking advantage of a normal job routine, and live in a place where its quite a bit less stressful.  So taking advantage of the situation as I'm getting this groggy after work, continuing weight loss... I just passed the 20 lb milestone, for 2021! 

This challenge is definitely going to be a grind on creating habits (may finally have to read the habits book...)

Keeping at if even if my job blew out my brain a bit... 

paralyzed parks and recreation GIF

Routines: This is a hate/love relationship right here...  Morning and Bedtime routines. Hoping to find a good "routine"  to check off of every morning and night. 

No screens after 8:  Find I tend to go to bed faster or finish things up when I put the phone away at 8. 

Parks And Recreation Lol GIF by Amy Poehler's Smart Girls

YNAB: Doing something on the app  once per a day gives me a point. A budgeting software I tried on and off for years. I was on the fence for this goal, but honestly this is a goal to get handled where I hope to master. I have some money habits I would like to get in check, especially as of the many unknowns after graduating this August. 

poor parks and recreation GIF

No Screens with meals:  This was on top of my list from my Naturopath... I can do this, it is not as hard as it was 5 years ago (where my mind was my enemy). I just need a reward...   Going to add eating and driving, since I realized eating a pack of nuts and lara bar before driving home might do me better than driving home. 

parks and recreation bacon GIF

Bonus:  

• Working out: I have Ring Fit, I have trails I need to walk on my own time... just making the time to do it will help. 
  • Meal Prep: I'm actually giving myself a point for every meal I prep in advance. Allowing myself frozen dinners, but getting this in would hit my goals better. 
  • Myfitnesspal: I don't hate it as much as I used to, find it less stressful then YNAB actually. Right now using it for "checking in" tool. '

Parks And Recreation Salad GIF

Since I'm earning full time pay, my hope is to turn my goals into points... that I can cash out when I hit a goal. 

First goal: Oats Overnight...  started eyeing them for breakfast or a bed time snack. Will see if I like them.... 

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

Also I actually need to watch this show..... 

• Like 7

Personfied/Comissioned Druid Avatar by EzratheButt

8 minutes ago, Grizzy said:

You just reminded me I have one too which I totally forgot existed.

I actually have a Twitter community that at least helps me dust off the RingFit once a week... 

I bought mine recently, because the NF beginners workout was kicking my butt... I definitely can say I started doing more squats when I do play this!

Also I found the ring already balancing out my arms when I had a habit down, so hoping I can keep up my biceps (finally seeing muscle)

• Like 1

Love Parks and Rec. Welcome back, btw. Let me know if I can help in any way.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Embraces His Wild Poet

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

22 hours ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

I have free time at work... so I'm using it write the new post. 

...the indoctrination has begun!

200.gif

• Haha 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

On 5/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, TimovieMan said:

Aha! The show that shares my dislike for running! 😅

giphy.gif

This has made me chuckle, look forward to seeing it. 

19 hours ago, WolfDreamer said:

Love Parks and Rec. Welcome back, btw. Let me know if I can help in any way.

giphy.gif

Thought it was a good idea to join back in when I have many trails that need to be walked...

19 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

...the indoctrination has begun!

200.gif

Meh I have been all in for it since the beginning lol. Just finally have a job that I can claim chill time before any fires/burns of chaos appear again.

Though I do have a few things I realize I can read up for my job.... Found myself a research project that's too good not to work.

• Like 2

I'm just here for the Chris Pratt .gifs :D 

I feel like he and I have had parallel glow-ups (although mine is more a work in progress still)!

CHRIS PRATT | Before & After | Body Transformation ( Fitness, Diet, No Beer  ) - YouTube

• Like 3

[ Level ?? ]  Thunderlord of the Legio Thundaris 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Okay how's it Sunday??? Having a 6 day work week to round out my 4th week working here (I don't feel like its been a month, but its been nearly a month). 

On 5/5/2021 at 10:51 AM, Teros said:

Big Eds GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Heeeeeey-o

Hiiiiyo! ❤️ Glad your here, and love the gif. 

On 5/7/2021 at 10:58 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

I'm just here for the Chris Pratt .gifs :D 

I feel like he and I have had parallel glow-ups (although mine is more a work in progress still)!

CHRIS PRATT | Before & After | Body Transformation ( Fitness, Diet, No Beer  ) - YouTube

Honestly been thinking about this also, and I realized I've only seen his "after" in memes..... After I get peacock premium for park and rec will be going through some movies I think. 

Glad your here!

----

So week 0, wasn't tracked. My goal today is to make a google sheet or a bullet journal page for at least week 1. 

I did end up buying hulu to try to get Parks and Recreation... but found out after I got the subscription that it is under NBC live tv (or Peacock streaming). Ugh. But cheap to save up for. 

I was on the ball for YNAB. Like I meal planned and YNABed at the same time 😮 

I have been doing frozen dinners in the last couple of weeks, and looked at my budget and went "I'm not going to eat majority of my calories in candy trail mix- which has been my "200 - 1000" calorie snack when I finish all my meals). 

Had to wrap my head at the costs, due to me buying dairy replacements (I could of gone without...  but found dairy/dairy replacements in frozen dinners have been my faves). 

Meal planned with Budget Bytes recipes and did so well my boyfriend was helping himself to portions when I made myself supper (he's way more strict in his diet than I am). 

Aka, having enough mental power to work on feeding myself with better food. Also realizing I stocked up on some food that will help with next week's bill. 

Little background: I've been advised to stay away from flours and sugar for blood sugar issues. While going all in for fiber, fat and protein for meals. While I have found pork and dairy are on the no good list (and I avoid soy replacements). 

I'm been pushing it with some meal choices like flour ingredients or dairy. Now knowing I do have food ready to go, and do have extra ingredients to mix and match has been a relief. 

im ready parks and rec GIF

Ynab rocking it!

Changing morning and bed routine for, no screens after 8. Has been "could be better". I did go to bed this last week before the sun went down and awake after it went up (nights getting shorter, first time in years of me doing this).

No screen meals, its easier when its not a heavy veggie meal. These healthy meals taste better with screen time..... lol  I have chosen to sit at the table at home or turn my phone upside down when eating. 

Bonus:

Work outs: 2 - one walk , one ring fit workout. 

Did quite a few days on MFP! (I have an old friend that I friend on there, so that helps). 

Also I checked the scale twice this weekend... I have officially gone below 275...

parks and rec GIF

So despite my large intake in trail mix, my weight is dropping. Kind of faster than usual... Praying not muscle mass (since I no longer am lifting a mop bucket 5 days a week). But am seeing signs of my skin sinking in (weight loss stretch marks leave me intrigued). 

Could also be just sleeping more, regular hours, drinking more  water. Perhaps moving more throughout the day? Eating less junk food. Idk I will take it. 

Aka I hit the 25lb mark for the year, and a ways to go but I feel better about my journey. Feel like I can get to 250 with no problem this year (halfway there a month ahead of schedule!). 

Okay end rant, back to work. Hope to have a scorcard this week. 

Last week I say paid for Hulu now let me do a peacock reward week...... 

adorable peacock GIF

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

Also I checked the scale twice this weekend...

Wooo!!!" - The Ric Flair Tribute - The Brophisticate

Great to hear.  The weight loss will fluctuate so I honestly wouldn't be worried about muscle loss.

• Like 1

So today I can say is my first day that wasn't the best, but I have a coworker that is willing to help me talk things out.  Meh, honestly my budget is the only thing from keeping out of ordering dinner, a sign of emotional eating. 

parks and recreation amy GIF

Okay so I didn't make a check of sheet so updating points here:

Sunday:

YNAB -- yes 1 pt

Screen off after 8 - yup was out  1 pt

No screens at meals -- I think I ate in front of the screen at every meal. 0 pt

Bonus:Ate a meal prep every single meal 3 points

Total points: 5

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Teros said:

Wooo!!!" - The Ric Flair Tribute - The Brophisticate

Great to hear.  The weight loss will fluctuate so I honestly wouldn't be worried about muscle loss.

Yeah I may or may not flex everytime I'm in the mirror or eating at a table. Because I eye my forceps or biceps.... 

Feel like I'm not in the most in shape but my muscles are defining in a new way....

You lift more than me...  so I feel you should have a similar problem 

Monday: 

YNAB -- yes 1 pt

Screen off after 8 - yup had accidentally picked it up s couple times and set an alarm. However was able to get a number of chores done in 30 mins after phone was put away

No screens at meals -- 1 meal was breakfast

Bonus:

1 meal prepped meal eaten 

Points today: 4

Total Points: 9

I did up eating food not on track, frozen pizza and coke zero. Ate the whole darn thing.... with steamed vegetables and water. 

Budget is on track, since it was my stepdad or my food stocked up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rookie said:

Sorry if you already said this but do you have any idea what you want to treat yourself with? 

I'm doing a couple small ones that help the motivation a little more 

First one is getting NBC's Stream for a month to watch Parks and Recreation. 

Second one I want to get to Oats Overnight  non-dairy variety pack... curious with that large protein number. 

2 things that seem fun and could keep me going. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

I'm doing a couple small ones that help the motivation a little more 

First one is getting NBC's Stream for a month to watch Parks and Recreation. 

Second one I want to get to Oats Overnight  non-dairy variety pack... curious with that large protein number. 

2 things that seem fun and could keep me going. 

Those sound like really nice rewards for you! I have a bunch of things I want to buy with my points but I find the motivation isn't really there haha. 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

7 hours ago, Rookie said:

Those sound like really nice rewards for you! I have a bunch of things I want to buy with my points but I find the motivation isn't really there haha. 

Yeah know the feeling, hoping to use my "want to buy everything because I have more money" to help be a motivator. Especially since I feel like I have enough tools even with a "higher up" job to hit some of my fitness goals. 

Kind of kicked myself for not saving money to reward myself for hitting my 25 lb goal... 

High Five Parks And Rec GIF

I do have a goal in my head to go ziplining when I hit 225... (250 is the max weight at a local zipline I went to 7 years ago...)

Trying to figure out what will be a good thumbs up for getting under 270, 260 and hitting 250! 

I realize now that it has been over 2 years since I've been under 270. Its going to happen!

Reaction GIF by moodman

Also my bf wants to do rock climbing at some point. Need to get that goal moving.

4 hours ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

I realize now that it has been over 2 years since I've been under 270. Its going to happen!

Of course it is. You're the one doing it .

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

Tuesday: 

Ynab: Yup: 1

Eating without screens: I think 1

Yes to screen off after 8: 1

Bonus:

3 meals eaten prepped, 1 small yoga workout 

Tues Total: 7

Total: 16

Wednesday

Ynab: Yup: 1

Eating without screens: No... 

Yes to screen off after 8: No... 

Bonus: 2 meals eaten prepared 

Wed Total: 3

Total 19

---

Yesterday added reward goals, this week I'll be cashing in for exercise mats that are hopefully less slippable on a cement floor. 

---

Yesterday had a long work day, due to my supervision role. I ended up giving myself more work due to me having no idea on certain parts, but I'm learning. 

I ended up at Mc Donalds after I left work late. 

My budget only allowed so much, so both calorie and budget are on track. 

So glad it's my Friday and tomorrow is pay day!

Off to another day!

• Like 1

Thursday

No screens after 8: Nope

YNAB: Yes!

Eating without screens: 2 meals

Bonus: 3 meal prepped eaten, 

Daily Points Earned: 6

Total: 25

Friday 

Eating without screens: 1 meal

Bonus: 1 workout

Daily Points: 3 

Total: 28

Points Earned this week: 28

Cash out: 10 (Wireless Earbuds)

Current Points: 18

---

Finished my long work week, and wasn't dying. Just worn out.

Realized  this is the first job where I have to push myself mentally in a few years. But doesn't drain me.

My body has started to demand more exercise as I finish my 4th week. Right now my goal is to focus on what I want to do with a good stretch afterwards (my stretches at the moment are 2 songs long tops). 

But my lower back and my hip says I need exercise and doing strength training with ring fit will help!

My mother commented to me many times that I'm looking good... She brought up I'm the happiest I've been for the 1 month mark of a full time job. 

Trust Believe GIF

Now catch up:

Saturday 

No screens after 8: I don't think so

Eating without screens: Maybe 1 meal

Bonus: 1 meal while cooking

Bonus: Attempt at MFP

Daily Points Earned: 4

Total: 22

Sunday

Eating without screens: 1 meal (breakfast)

Bonus: 1 workout (ringfit), 2 meals eaten prepped

Daily Points: 5

Total: 27

Monday

No screens after 8:  Not going to happen

YNAB: Yes

Eating without screens: No 

Bonus: 2 meals eaten prepped 

Daily Points: 3

Total: 30

Huh hit 30.... 

I could buy oats! Lol. Actually going to buy grammerly to be something I can use. 

Meal prep is balancing out my need for screens. 

Budgeting is keeping me from ordering coffee on the way to work. 

My lower back is getting me to exercise. My budget is doubling me down to use my Ring Fit. And making sure I think about finishing my degree and applying to the Green Corp and Community Forest Corp.... now to get my computer setup

• Like 1

Tuesday

No screens after 8: No but closed before 9, half point. 

Eating without screens:  1 time

Bonus: 4 meals (actually ate my food up),  Had a 20 min bike ride for lunch break, 

Daily Points Earned: 7.5

Total: 37.5

----

I probably said this before but I'm 1 month in my internship. Things going good despite not having something move quickly. Keeping it at work is leaving me more productive at work.

This week I've been pushing my bedtime, and feeling like crud due to it. Darn. 

So giving myself a half point for putting the phone away before 9. Still gets me to go to bed sooner. 

Yesterday I borrowed a bike from work (park rangers use them). And went on a 20 minute workout. I had a big smile as I jumped on it, and speed down every hill. And walked up 90% of them. Was able to enjoy a park I work at, and now I want a bike.... 

In one week I've had the strongest desire to start barbell workouts and the last month a desire to buy a bike. 

gym GIF

*stares at budget* *stares at challenge*

Eating out less is happening, grinding challenge points will save money for fun stuff without guilt. 

Let's see how much I can push my grind in the next 3.5 weeks....

Let's see if I can get to 100 soon?

Can it be as fun as an mmo? Probably not

• Like 1