Starpuck: A New Reign Begins

You know.... I posted on Day 1, but I didn't even update anything about myself... odddd.

SO!    For the newcomers, a little history.   I'm Starpuck!   

Spoiler

The name is a combination of my love of BSG reboot's Kara Thrace (Starbuck) and that I picked up ice hockey at the tender age of 32, lol.   I shamefully admit, I never finished season 4 of BSG, so no spoilers - it's on the to do list.    And as for the hockey side of things, no I never played as a kid, and in fact, the first time I even ice skated I was .. yup, 32!

I was an active, full of pep tomboy a a kid that landed a first job as a lazer tag marshall after high school so I was active in a day to day basis all the way up to my first 'office job'.   Doom!   Long story short, I ended up just about 200 lbs and began the arduous task of trying to lose weight.   First go at things was with Weight Watchers and DDR!   (Oh yeah, because I am totes a gamer chick too!)   I lost 60lbs in 18 months, buuuuuut, honestly, WW (then) was a super restrictive diet calorie-wise.   I'd spend the next four years yo-yoing a lot until in 2009 I started playing hockey.    That helped a ton, but I still wasn't staying consisten.   Circa 2012 and Crossfit was getting big and my team manager was spewing the Kool-Aid at us.   I instead looked up 'fit nerd' and found Nerd Fitness.    I gave up soda and artificial sweeteners in 2013 and using this place as my platform began changing my lifestyle, instead of just my "diet" plan.    I still shift back and forth between 10-15lbs over the years, but overall, I am keeping to a MUCH more reasonable weight of 135-150lbs  (Summer vs winter much, lol?) and am much stronger and healthy than I ever was in my 20's and early 30's.    

My usual schtick involves counting calories because - well, when I count calories, I know how much sweet treat I can have at the end of the night.  (I still haven't mastered having just one of a thing on its own, so the restraint of numbers helps on this.)   I lift weights (olympic style, 5x5 etc) and LOVE pull ups.  Because nothing is more bad ass than a pull up!    I play Beat Saber,  and other Dance games for cardio in the winter, but love me some bike riding in the nice weather.   I run (slog) sometimes, but it's not really fun for me.   I need to get better at stretching.

I love a LOT of stuff.   I love D&D and play in a bunch of TT RPG games.   I am also a hefty gamer whose time sink this past year has been Elder Scrolls Online.    I dabble in art stuff (self taught and not very technical) and love photography (haven't done it in a while).   I love anime, and traveling and music and National Parks and kayaking and fantasy and sci-fi and ... seriously, I'm all over the place!      Sooo that's the dip on the beans here.

So week zero update --   I once more must battle the balrog of the weekend!   I tend to really fall apart starting from Thursday night to Monday morning.    This always proves to be the part that, once I get it back in line, things come together nicely.   So the rule is - ONE uncounted, fun meal on Saturday (or whatever weekend day we do foods).  That's it.     I did get 2 strengths in, but only one Beat Saber and then a mostly active rest mowing of the lawn.  So exercise was a bit shy.     Devotions are still solid strong, I haven't missed a day at all this year (though my app thinks I did because I did one after Midnight once...)  [Hmm, maybe I should switch to mornings to avoid that...]    No art done in a while, but I did write a very lengthy RP bit for my ESO character.     If anyone is bored and wants a long read on things they aren't in the loop on, it's here.  

Week 1 Update is that Day 1 went along just fine!   Now it is Day 2.

Things that have happened, or need to happen.

• I got a new pre-approval for a house loan.  (I only wanted an estimate, and the guy did the whole full blown thing.)   I can look for houses 50k more expensive than last time...  but, shitty... the housing market is selling at 21% higher than last year ... so nothing changed really.   I don't want to buy when shit is high just because the market says it can be.   But I also need to start moving on this... I think I need to get out more on my own because I am suffering from extreme bubble shrinking due to Covid-restrictions and fears over the past year.   I think I might need some professional help on this.  So  mark that on a 'future thing to do'.   
  • I want to get my BuJo going and set up better.  Jarric has inspired me.
  • Need to plan my trip to Shenandoah in July.  This needs to happen in the next two weeks because I know stuff is going to fill up as restrictions loosen more and more..   OMG.
  • Going to see my dad in June!!  I have not seen him in two years because my last trip was May of 2019.  I had planned to visit him during the winter as well, (early 2020, and well you know how that goes.)    I am a bit nervous about this as Florida is apparently, very much less strict with rules than IL has been, and of course, the airport and plane ride and all that.    Just don't know what to expect.
  • Next weekend I get to see my nephews and am super excited about that too!
  • I'm feeling a little nesty, so a clean or purge of cabinets, drawers and closets might be coming soon.

4CC0CEE2ACE198FEDE85A9EDABB415514D8CB90E

• Like 8

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Those are a LOT of good things!... right? I want to say yes.

Anyways, you're awesome! And I'll also say Nice Rack. :P 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I don't know that you really even need to finish S4 of BSG... for your Katee fix, I more recommend Another Life or even Longmire 🤣

Super glad to hear all the happy tidyings in your camp.  Especially the pre-approval, even if home ownership is a bit spendy right now.  We're shopping for a move this fall and it's definitely a sellers market at the moment 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

10 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Those are a LOT of good things!... right? I want to say yes.

Anyways, you're awesome! And I'll also say Nice Rack. :P 

Hehehe thanks Red.  Wouldn't be the same without ya poking in.

4 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I don't know that you really even need to finish S4 of BSG... for your Katee fix, I more recommend Another Life or even Longmire 🤣

I watched some Longmire actually!  But stopped after the one thing happened lol.   I was really only watching it for Katee anyway hahaha.    

So Day 2 ended well.

Food tracked.  Lifting session was done.  I even did some art in the evening!  Teeth were brushed, but not flossed.    I started work on getting the new bujo layout set up, and I totally copied from @Jarric  for sake of tidiness, and quick readiness.   The only thing I don't know if I like is how I am marking the done days - but too late now!  Well I suppose I could white out but .....  I'll get some pics once its all the way set up.     Today the sun is out and it's almost hitting 65, so I think I will do an outside walk/run thing.    I had to take tomorrow off for a pair of doc appts.    Hopefully the last imaging check up for the LadyWoes™ that started in Dec and then also, with some luck, the removal of a mole that has been super bugging me the last year.   Stupid moles!    Even the word sounds irritating.   MOOOOOLE.    (It's a harmless little peach colored nuisance that is a blemish to the wonderful rack we've been talking about as of late.  [And gets irritated by some bras/sports wear, so I am hopeful they will be cool about removing it.])

5afdbf9aae390102153b951647fc3edd3af96944

Today's plan also includes, hopefully, catching up on some 30 episodes of Critical Role I fell behind on.  Dear lord....  maybe some more art and then games with friends in the evening.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Art you say! What kind of art?

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] <--Current Challenge

On 5/3/2021 at 10:06 PM, Starpuck said:

This happens in cycles.   Lose 20, gain 10,  lose 20, gain 10

This seems like a totally reasonable way to lose weight to me - as long as the overall trend is down, it doesn't matter how you do it. In fact, this might be the best way to do it; periods of strict tracking followed by more relaxed periods to give you a physical and mental break.

On 5/11/2021 at 4:23 PM, Starpuck said:

want to get my BuJo going and set up better.  Jarric has inspired me.

I'm pleased by this :)

On 5/11/2021 at 4:23 PM, Starpuck said:

I think I need to get out more on my own because I am suffering from extreme bubble shrinking due to Covid-restrictions and fears over the past year.   I think I might need some professional help on this.  So  mark that on a 'future thing to do'.   

This sounds like a good idea. Whether you decide to get professional help on not, getting out on your own would be a good thing - I get the feeling that your home life is a bit claustrophobic?

It's alright to feel anxious about getting out and about, but don't let it stop you from doing what you really want to do.

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Today's plan also includes, hopefully, catching up on some 30 episodes of Critical Role I fell behind on.  Dear lord....

I'm about 7 behind - it's hard to keep up with!

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

And gets irritated by some bras/sports wear, so I am hopeful they will be cool about removing it.

I can't be the only one who sees the opportunity for comedically missing the point here, can I?

Seriously, I hope they manage to get rid of the mole for you.

• Haha 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Yeah house searching is such a bummer right now. Either it’s way overpriced, flies off the market or there’s something majorly wrong with it :( 

Ooh Shenandoah! We did a winter trip early 2020 about a month before everything started shutting down and it was beautiful! Definitely recommend.

2021 Reading Challenge | Walk to Mordor

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Hehehe thanks Red.  Wouldn't be the same without ya poking in.

I know you love my poking! And I'm sorry that bras are causing you such a hassle on your mole, now if only there was some remedy to help get rid of the problem Thinking Think GIF by The official GIPHY Page for Davis Schulz

• Haha 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

On 5/12/2021 at 11:57 AM, cn3wton said:

Art you say! What kind of art?

Self taught scribbles!   I wanted to be able to draw my characters for my D&D stuff, so started poking around.   Then I delved into converting it to digital by means of a Wacom tablet and Clip Studio (formerly Manga Studio)    I'll be sharing one of the chibi's from my ESO toons later. ;)

On 5/12/2021 at 12:36 PM, Jarric said:

This seems like a totally reasonable way to lose weight to me - as long as the overall trend is down, it doesn't matter how you do it. In fact, this might be the best way to do it; periods of strict tracking followed by more relaxed periods to give you a physical and mental break.

I'm pleased by this :)

This sounds like a good idea. Whether you decide to get professional help on not, getting out on your own would be a good thing - I get the feeling that your home life is a bit claustrophobic?

It's alright to feel anxious about getting out and about, but don't let it stop you from doing what you really want to do.

I'm about 7 behind - it's hard to keep up with!

Heeey Jarric, t hanks!     I need to get a pic of the bujo!  It's like identical, except I added some color hahaha.

On 5/12/2021 at 2:02 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I can't be the only one who sees the opportunity for comedically missing the point here, can I?

Seriously, I hope they manage to get rid of the mole for you.

No luck on the mole, they deemed it 'elective' and the charge for that is $425.   What a bugger.

On 5/12/2021 at 6:56 PM, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Yeah house searching is such a bummer right now. Either it’s way overpriced, flies off the market or there’s something majorly wrong with it :( 

Ooh Shenandoah! We did a winter trip early 2020 about a month before everything started shutting down and it was beautiful! Definitely recommend.

You're getting me all hyped for this!  Thanks for that!   I started looking for AirBnB options now!

20 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I know you love my poking! And I'm sorry that bras are causing you such a hassle on your mole, now if only there was some remedy to help get rid of the problem Thinking Think GIF by The official GIPHY Page for Davis Schulz

Bwuahahahaha.   Red the Rascal!

In the middle of the Warhammer finale of our campaign that we've been playing for the past 19 months, so a halfsie report here.

Things are going well.  I've drawn twice this week so far.  I have exercised every day so far.   Eating has been fine.   My test results from my final (3rd) follow up on LadyWoes™ came back as unremarkable.  Aka, clear!  Nothing to see here!   SUPER AWESOME NEWS THAT.   Tomorrow will be final strength day, hair cut on Saturday.

Here is Toril Alfhild, my Nord DragonKnight from ESO.

torilnbg.png

• Like 7

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Woo to a good week 1!

I'm so jealous of your ability to get a haircut... My province just extended lockdown #3 AGAIN, because people can seem to figure out how to not go anywhere and wear masks when you do, and my covid hair is starting to get annoying.... On the plus side, I committed to growing out the top and it's finally long enough, so it's just the sides/back that are getting scruffy.

• Like 1

Dare mighty thingsCurrent Challenge

Glad to hear you got the all clear!

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

Thats so awesome! I always push people to pursue art as a hobby. Its like nothing else! Love the coloring!

And congrats on the test results!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] <--Current Challenge

On 5/13/2021 at 7:54 PM, obax said:

Woo to a good week 1!

I'm so jealous of your ability to get a haircut... My province just extended lockdown #3 AGAIN, because people can seem to figure out how to not go anywhere and wear masks when you do, and my covid hair is starting to get annoying.... On the plus side, I committed to growing out the top and it's finally long enough, so it's just the sides/back that are getting scruffy.

Thanks Obax!   Hope the vaccine spreads and the lockdowns lessen for you soon.   Our stylist works in a salon suite and it was just the three of us there  - all of us fully vaccinated.  So even more odd, was that we did this sans mask.   It felt so wrong.  Like I was a rebel and breaking the rules and being a jerk.   But we are totes following the CDC guidelines and figured, we need to take these baby steps.  (Both of us tend to be on the anxious side.)

On 5/14/2021 at 8:23 AM, Jarric said:

Glad to hear you got the all clear!

Yes, yes, super awesome news!   Now I just need to drop the 10 pounds from last year, and I am feeling impatient haha.

30 minutes ago, cn3wton said:

Thats so awesome! I always push people to pursue art as a hobby. Its like nothing else! Love the coloring!

And congrats on the test results!

Thank you thank you!   I often get frustrated that I can't be a super awesome stellar jaw dropping artist, but sometimes I feel good about having done it?  LOL.

• Like 3

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

- Week 1 Wrap Up -

• Strength Sessions 2/2 - Even though the groin strain caused me to abort all lower leg stuff on the 2nd one, I still got two in.     Active Days 5/3 - I had three Beat Saber days, a run day and a 3 hour yard work day.     Total days not slacking?  All 7!
  • Food Tracking fell apart on the weekend again.   Unless I plan to eat left overs for lunch, I really fail this.  Eating food out tends to mean I don't track, and that happens a bit more on the weekends these days again.   Also, restaurant food is making me feel meh and with stomach upset, so it really  feels like I should not do this so much.      5/7 days there   Solution: Plan ahead for the fun food and try to count it as best as I can before having it.
  • I brushed teeth nightly except for one that that the bathroom was occupied for 30 minutes at my bed time.  I was too tired to stay up and wait for my toothbrush to be released from its encampment, so opted to just sleep and get to bed on time and not stress about it.   6/7 on brushing, but I failed to get a single floss day in.   Solution:   Teeth get done after I finish my last snack, and NOT just before bed.
  • I did one writing and one art, but I need to do better on this.  Solution:  Art before games.

Some other exciting stuff:

* Got my hair appt in and am more blonde again, lol?

* Did a ton of yardwork on Sunday and feel great about that.

* Reached out to my players and am in the process of getting things together to start DM'ing my D&D game again.

* Booked the AirBnb for my July trip to Shenandoah National Park.   This will be a 7 day trip filled with outdoors and goodness.   I am very excited!

dc7535d6-5a8d-46b7-acdb-1e0ba0d50174.jpg?im_w=1440  234128db-9130-4c5a-8604-3eef41fa33ed.jpg?im_w=1440

Pics of the place.   Full apartment with full kitchen and bedroom with nice forested area out back to relax after a day of hiking.

Focus for this week is to measure my food a bit more carefully and really try to shift into a mindset of LOVING healthy food and activity.  I do!   I just sometimes get lazy and would rather take fast, easy and game time over the other.   I need to start getting the scale to trend downward again, and with the summer coming, it's going to require more dedication to the plan.   One fun meal per week, but keep focused the rest of the time.   In 4 weeks I will be in Florida for 5 days visiting my dad... there will be nothing but boredom and food there, so I need to start my mantra now of choosing HEALTHFUL things over fun things.    If I want my trip to Va that is in 8 weeks, to be super awesome and having me feel good about my efforts, I can't be half-assed about these next two months.

tenor.gif?itemid=15456216

• Like 5

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

July trip to Shenandoah National Park

Super Jealous, not gonna lie.  The place looks awesome! 

Great job on week 1!

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Doing solid thus far.

I've kept my exercise streak alive and have been mindfully snacking on sweets without going overboard, and whilst still tracking calories.

Got my strength in today and plenty of Beat Saber yesterday.

Wrote stuff yesterday, but nothing creative today.

Teeth brushed both nights, with additional flossage last night.

Am very tired, so a very brief, not fancy update.

• Like 6

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Keep up the good work!

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

That Air B&B look super nice, inside and out. I'll have to google Shenandoah National Park (I've heard of it but have no idea where it is), but if it's anything like that second pic, it's gonna be beautiful

• Like 1

A little behind on updating again, oof.   Let's see this week.

I am on 12 straight days of exercising and once again got both strength days in this week.    Groin weirdness still an issue but getting some tips from friends and will make an appt if it doesn't chill out in the next 2-3 weeks.     Yesterday was a total honey badger day with food.  I just absolutely lost it and pigged out.   Was the weirdest thing ever.  Today?  No desire whatsoever to eat like an a-hole.    Maybe just, more exercise, and less food triggered a body response of Rage and Required Calorie binge?    Been good with tooth brushing and got a floss in this week.  Still need to up the flossing game more though.    I did get some writing in on Monday, but have been working on organizing ESO gear and new RPG night characters, so the drawing is really lagging.   I might be able to still recover that.

Tonight is ESO Rp night where my crazy assassin bosmer is going to be found by her goody goody friends to help start her redemption arc.      Should be fun.   I do have to do laundry and cut the grass after work though.

Tomorrow is our first family visit since last year August when we had an out door socially distanced bbq with them.   I cannot tell you how excited I am to visit, hug and cuddle with my fam!  I worry I won't do well on the food tracking, but maybe I let this one last day slide....

• Like 6

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Tomorrow is our first family visit since last year August when we had an out door socially distanced bbq with them.   I cannot tell you how excited I am to visit, hug and cuddle with my fam!  I worry I won't do well on the food tracking, but maybe I let this one last day slide....

I'd say this is a decent reason to not worry too much and just enjoy yourself. Good food and good friends/family is just about the best thing ever, and after this past year+, I think really taking that all in is most important

• Like 1

Enjoy your time with the family!!! That BnB looks amazing.  What a  lovely place to vacation

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Week 2 Update    -- Eeeh?

Food tracking.   Not great.    4/7 days.   Both weekend days, plus the Wed frak it day were untracked.     

Exercise.   Very good.   I did 2 strength days again, and 4 cardio days.   I did not do anything on Saturday during my visit with family, but that's okay as it was the only rest day in a span of 15 days now.

Teeth.   Got all 7 pm brushes, but only 1 floss.  Hey, that's one more than last week.

Creative.  Only wrote once.  No drawing happened.

I am struggling a bit ...

Spoiler

with ... joy?  Motivation?   I have no reason to not be happy- and it's not that I am miserable.  I just feel like a bike tire that can't be inflated to full right now.   I hate this.     I keep thinking that if I can get my food and exercise (and sleep) properly righted and consistent, it will start tipping the scales - but doing that while feeling meh is so hard.     I also still blame Covid.   For a lot of things lol.    A person prone to "What-If brand of Over-Thinking" was, for a year, told to shrink her comfort bubble to this teeny tiny little sphere.  Now we're being told the sphere doesn't need to exist in that size any more and I have serious trust issues with the entire world.    This is SUPER not good and I am not sure how to get past it, without adopting the same 'frak it' badger mood I have for food, with the rest of a pending-post-pandemic life.   I want to be more free.   I want to have expectations and excitement and the thrill of doing new things. Conquering new territory.   Getting past scary hurdles.    I want to learn how to not live in fear.   And that's a tough lesson.

I have a lot of things planned going into the next couple weeks/ months and I am going to use them (hopefully) as a spring board into better mojo.

Flying down to see my dad (with my sis) from June 9-14th.   It's likely going to be pretty boring there, as he is old and they don't like doing much hahaha.   But it will be good to see him.   I plan to bring my laptop and do some art and read some books and maybe just relax and reset.   Once I come back, I'll have a month to kick it into high gear getting my pounds lost before my trip to Shenandoah.  I'd like to get some more lengthy bike rides in before then and maybe do a weekend trip up into Wisconsin for a trail there, or maybe canoe the Wisconsin River as a day trip.    We'll see how funds and schedules are.    Also need to get the dust off my DM'ing skills and get back to running my game.    Hopefully in person - but that's another thing that is ... weird.  Like, my entire group of friends are now fully vaccinated, but my sis/BIL are still being super nervous weird about stuff.   That in turn lends more stress/fear to me.   But I cannot live the rest of my life apart from other humans and in a constant state of low grade worry.    Either way, I want to start working on my game again.

I need a new project.  (Don't say buy a house, I know, I know.   Just the market is SO stupid with that right now)   But something that is super new and exciting and gets me hyped for the next time I do it.   I guess I am just in an overall rut?  Which is not weird at all given the world stage we're all playing on these days.

Ok, got that all off my chest.   Now let's end on a more positive note.

anigif_enhanced-20016-1435017828-4.gif?c

• Like 4

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Spoiler

The pandemic, and the response to it, has been a long, slow-burning trauma. You are experiencing a trauma response to all the *everything* that's been going on for over a year. I got counseling early this year for what I thought was burnout, but turned out to be burnout with anxiety and depression. It's hit us all. If counseling is available, get some.
Don't buy a house right now. Because of COVID lumber is in short supply, which means there isn't a lot of new housing right now, which means existing houses are skyrocketing in price. As lumber becomes available, the price will eventually go down, which will for a short time make new construction cheaper than existing houses, which will eventually (hopefully) see prices come down (maybe).

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath