I didnt go to my brothers.  I got sick instead.  For the last few days, I’ve felt sick after I eat. And its getting worse.  I think its the FML drops for my eye, amd I’m not supposed to stop taking them until wednesday, but I’m done taking them and we’ll see if my guts feel better.  If not, I’ll call the doctor on monday. 

so I am home eating crackers and drinking ginger ale.  😕  and That weird taste from them drops is still in my mouth so I suspect that I am right about the cause of my stomach pain. 

• Sad 6

I think I'd have to politely decline AMA anything labelled FML drops.

In addition to its typical expansion, "FML" is also what's printed on the urinal mats used by my church.  They're Froot Loops scented--that's not really relevant, but it's too strong to ignore.  On the other hand, I suppose I'd probably utter a soft "FML" (right there in the church men's room) if my Froot Loops ever dropped in a urinal, which neatly leads back to my probable refusal of your drops.

All that say, I hope you get to feeling better soon.  :)

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

Spreadsheets

3 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

I think I'd have to politely decline AMA anything labelled FML drops.

In addition to its typical expansion, "FML" is also what's printed on the urinal mats used by my church.  They're Froot Loops scented--that's not really relevant, but it's too strong to ignore.  On the other hand, I suppose I'd probably utter a soft "FML" (right there in the church men's room) if my Froot Loops ever dropped in a urinal, which neatly leads back to my probable refusal of your drops.

All that say, I hope you get to feeling better soon.  :)

Oh wow. Nothing like urinals to make  you think “I can totally put this in my eye!”

• Like 1

I feel good today! Mom is starting to feel sick, so it was a bug, and not a reaction to anything else. 😕  Poor mom. But I'm also kinda glad because that means that last week when I was so beat after yard work, I was sick, not just out of shape.  

Today I did a couple hours of yard work too. I cleaned up next to the woodpile, and burned a lot of kindling. I saved some for when we really want to have a fire, but honestly, y'all, we live in the woods, there's always branches falling around here and kindling to be had. 

So once the fire was safe to walk away from, I got to weeding. There's a whole section of weeds in the trees that I overlooked.   At one point I was sitting next the fire drinking water when three or so giant birds (I think they were vultures) flew from the trees and circled overhead. I went to take their photo, and they got ....lower.... and my brain went "RUN, IDIOT"

So I ran towards the house and they circled above me, and one would swoop down where I had been sitting and flew back up and y'all, I really RAN, grabbed the door to the house and shut it behind me, watching the shadows fly over the house and I ran upstairs to see if I could see them, and they were gone, but mom was out there! We somehow had walked right by each other without seeing each other!  She said "Omg, did you see those turkey buzzards? I ran out here worried you were laying on the ground or something!"

well, the birds were gone, and Mom helped me finish up the fire, and we walked around and she gave me some notes on things I could do in the yard. THE LIST GROWS.  :D 

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Today I did a couple hours of yard work too. I cleaned up next to the woodpile, and burned a lot of kindling. I saved some for when we really want to have a fire, but honestly, y'all, we live in the woods, there's always branches falling around here and kindling to be had. 

So once the fire was safe to walk away from, I got to weeding. There's a whole section of weeds in the trees that I overlooked.   At one point I was sitting next the fire drinking water when three or so giant birds (I think they were vultures) flew from the trees and circled overhead. I went to take their photo, and they got ....lower.... and my brain went "RUN, IDIOT"

So I ran towards the house and they circled above me, and one would swoop down where I had been sitting and flew back up and y'all, I really RAN, grabbed the door to the house and shut it behind me, watching the shadows fly over the house and I ran upstairs to see if I could see them, and they were gone, but mom was out there! We somehow had walked right by each other without seeing each other!  She said "Omg, did you see those turkey buzzards? I ran out here worried you were laying on the ground or something!"

It's never a good feeling when carrion birds seem to take an interest in one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

58 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's never a good feeling when carrion birds seem to take an interest in one.

I once at a hawk swoop down near me when I was in a hammock. I fell out and waved my arms shouting "I'M BIG! I'M SO BIG!" and then it left, but I went into the house for that one too. Apparently, I am delicious looking? :D 

I have a buddy who went running everyday and vultures circled above him each run. He said it was good motivation to keep running. :D:D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I have a buddy who went running everyday and vultures circled above him each run. He said it was good motivation to keep running. :D:D 

I went from thinking it was a bit scary, to wishing I can rent them somewhere in just a couple of posts...

But I still hope you'll soon be able to go through your garden without being chased by birds. Although if it means you don't have to weed, maybe it's not all bad?! 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ninjakitten said:

I went from thinking it was a bit scary, to wishing I can rent them somewhere in just a couple of posts...

But I still hope you'll soon be able to go through your garden without being chased by birds. Although if it means you don't have to weed, maybe it's not all bad?! 🙃

Ha! I love it! No, the weeding will continue, who know why birds do what they do?   But I know I can run faster than I thought, and I think they were just intimidating me, because if they were serious about attacking, they would've just swooped in. 

I also learned what a red-bellied wood pecker sounds like! They are not as annoying as some of the birds in the backyard. Lol

• Like 4

I mean, it must be really nice to be surrounded by so much nature...   peaceful, calm, TERRORIZING.  

Why exactly are these turkeys circling a dead cat? - The Verge

• Haha 4

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Currently, I am working my way through edging the flower beds. It is slow going. I have a small edging tool, and its okay, nut not great.  I dug too deep in the first section and  I’m just glad I didn't go farther along. Tomorrow I’ll fix it up and take smaller bites from the edges :) the largest beds have rock borders. Not really ideal for easy edging. Stupid rocks.  I worked out there for about three hours today, which makes me really happy. I’m building my gardening endurance!

I am mighty! 

So My big decision right now is do I buy an power edging/trimmer tool?  Pros, it will be faster with smoother lines. Cons: it will be noisy and I’ll still need to stop a lot to dig up rocks.  Decisions, decisions.  Anyone out there use a power tool for edging?

we are getting the roof replaced next week. So I am aiming to finish edging the beds closest to the house this weekend, and the farther ones  next week away from the roofing folks. By the following weekend, I hope the schmutz is all down and I can put down mulch, I may start buying some soon! Muwahahaha!

• Like 7

Great work!  You are MIGHTY!   You are adding edging material to the borders?   Or are you just cleaning up the dirt edges?   I always go with the easiest way to get the job done unless it costs a lot of money.   I am planning to replace the border material on my gardens this summer.  We got the cheapest possible at the time and now they are all beat up and misplaced from the earth moving and mowing over the edge of it.  It sounds like a lot of work though.  

Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy in the next weeks.  Watch out for flying nails while you're out there!  

• Wow 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

16 minutes ago, Shello said:

Great work!  You are MIGHTY!   You are adding edging material to the borders?   Or are you just cleaning up the dirt edges?   I always go with the easiest way to get the job done unless it costs a lot of money.   I am planning to replace the border material on my gardens this summer.  We got the cheapest possible at the time and now they are all beat up and misplaced from the earth moving and mowing over the edge of it.  It sounds like a lot of work though.  

Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy in the next weeks.  Watch out for flying nails while you're out there!  

I’m just cleaning up the dirt edges.  Like, its not wholly necessary for the whole yard but it is for some spots. :( 

border materials are a lot of work too!

Good point about flying nails! Maybe I will take those days off! 😨

On 5/21/2021 at 1:28 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

So My big decision right now is do I buy an power edging/trimmer tool?  Pros, it will be faster with smoother lines. Cons: it will be noisy and I’ll still need to stop a lot to dig up rocks.  Decisions, decisions.  Anyone out there use a power tool for edging?

I guess it depends a lot on how big the garden is. Whenever I had to do anything like this I usually opted for just using a spade. I don't like the idea of having a lot of power tools around that can only do that one task but that I have to store. That said, if it is a lot and would really help you, maybe also have a look around if you can rent the tool? We do have a few rental places around, so I'd probably opt for that. And then doing the upkeep just with a spade.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ninjakitten said:

I guess it depends a lot on how big the garden is. Whenever I had to do anything like this I usually opted for just using a spade. I don't like the idea of having a lot of power tools around that can only do that one task but that I have to store. That said, if it is a lot and would really help you, maybe also have a look around if you can rent the tool? We do have a few rental places around, so I'd probably opt for that. And then doing the upkeep just with a spade.

It's a big garden. A power tool would be faster. But honestly? I just used a gas leaf blower today and I hated it. I think I'll stick to old-fashioned tools where I can get away with it. Luckily the folks hired someone to mow the lawn and trim the weeds, so one less thing I have to worry about! TWO less things to worry about!!

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

It's a big garden. A power tool would be faster. But honestly? I just used a gas leaf blower today and I hated it. I think I'll stick to old-fashioned tools where I can get away with it. Luckily the folks hired someone to mow the lawn and trim the weeds, so one less thing I have to worry about! TWO less things to worry about!!

I also prefer manual tools whenever it's feasible. Unless your gardening for a living and paying someone by the hour or profiting from getting it done quicker, enjoy:

1) hearing birds and bugs singing while you garden

2)the lack of engine exhaust, dirt, polllen, and dust flying into your face and the air you breathe

3) having feeling in your arm when the job is done -- a little soreness from using your muscles is better than the numbness from holding onto a gas powered device

4) saving money on gas

Also, shop around and look more at manual gardening tools. Stirrup hoes are amazing devices.

• Like 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

10 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

I also prefer manual tools whenever it's feasible. Unless your gardening for a living and paying someone by the hour or profiting from getting it done quicker, enjoy:

1) hearing birds and bugs singing while you garden

2)the lack of engine exhaust, dirt, polllen, and dust flying into your face and the air you breathe

3) having feeling in your arm when the job is done -- a little soreness from using your muscles is better than the numbness from holding onto a gas powered device

4) saving money on gas

Also, shop around and look more at manual gardening tools. Stirrup hoes are amazing devices.

YES! THANK YOU!! All those points! You totally get it!

omg I just watched a video with stirrup goes because I never hear of them and now I am gonna go BUY ONE. That’s gonna be perfect for the back of the house, Thank You!!

• Like 1
Spoiler

Yay!

32F6653F-2750-4AE6-8EE1-8CF6007193CC.thumb.jpeg.284856bc3ff65dc1a15d83cb38a6649e.jpeg40A07B4A-F3E8-4B97-B61B-C6B84CEB10BA.thumb.jpeg.e72ebfd96060abc9b19ad45dc8918844.jpeg49D7BA81-4EC1-4A19-B781-C0D7F4566713.thumb.jpeg.6b4f844f0fee55ff3228589fd7f6ad11.jpeg90ED137A-F623-4819-ADA7-28DFBF4573C1.thumb.jpeg.da475d9dc8b9e7a2b11b9b83f3165503.jpeg

Spoiler photos of flowers!  Mom planted these a few years ago and they look AWESOME this year. Yes indeed 

my elbow feels better. Gonna rest it another day and it’s raining so guilt-free rest! We’re getting a roof this week. It’s gonna be so noisy! And they said they wanna put down tarps! ARE THEY GONNA SQUISH MY BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS? 

grumble grumble

if they do, I’ll buy a ton of annuals and plant them! 

• Like 7

Rest seems smart and it's very helpful for the rain to be so well timed!  

Those flowers look gorgeous!  

• Thanks 1