cn3wton forges his future.

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Way to start the week strong!

Thank you!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Been a while but I am catching up on threads (trying to, lol).    I just want to say thank you for sharing your experiences in regard to mental health.  It takes courage and boldness, and your words are likely helping others take steps they may have been nervous to without your willingness to share.   Glad you were able to see things through and are on a path to new discoveries there!   Wishing you all the best on that.

Also some great stuff with the food.  Very well done!

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

23 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Been a while but I am catching up on threads (trying to, lol).    I just want to say thank you for sharing your experiences in regard to mental health.  It takes courage and boldness, and your words are likely helping others take steps they may have been nervous to without your willingness to share.   Glad you were able to see things through and are on a path to new discoveries there!   Wishing you all the best on that.

Also some great stuff with the food.  Very well done!

Thanks for stopping in! I can understand how hard it is to catch up on the threads!

Mental health is tough overall. For a long long time I ignored it and denied it. I don't think it will ever be "easy" for me to talk about but I do believe sharing it can help someone who was like me to seek help for themselves no matter what it is they are struggling with!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I am once again going to end this week prematurely because I am going camping starting tomorrow and will only be able to check the forums intermittently.

The schedule setting went fairly well this week except for this morning. I was exhausted due to some allergy complications. Last night the wind picked up significantly at the plant and blue dust and dirt into the plant through the large overhead doors before they could be shut. It hung in the air and it was all a brown haze. It was kinda cool if not for the fact that it instantly made my allergies flare up as dust got caught in my throat eyes and nose. 

Off day exercise isnt really a thing this week but I am remaining quite active so I am happy with that.

Meal prep did not happen as the heated lunch box remains unopened at my house. I will push to use that next week.

All in all the challenge isn't really going all that well but I am okay with it. Things are progressing well in my life and I am grateful for that and all the support here on the forums! I hope you all have a great weekend if I can't get a signal over the weekend!

• Like 4

Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 5/27/2021 at 3:44 PM, cn3wton said:

instantly made my allergies flare up

Ouch. Well I hope the camping lets you cleanse yourself and feel better! 

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Hope the camping trip's going well!

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric embraces brevity

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

On 5/29/2021 at 9:20 PM, RES said:

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you I did!

On 5/30/2021 at 8:17 AM, 18ck said:

Ouch. Well I hope the camping lets you cleanse yourself and feel better! 

It was a great weekend to unwind and destress!

On 5/31/2021 at 5:18 AM, Jarric said:

Hope the camping trip's going well!

It was and did!

• Like 4

So the weekend went great. 

Challenge wise I ended last week fairly strong. I made ok choices over the weekend food wise but knew it was important to not stress about it. The weekend was suppossed to be relaing. After the weekend I am only up .5lbs so I call that a success. Obviously I didnt food prep per say but I did cook pretty much every meal my family made and then some so thats a win!

I walked a lot and helped out with the kids, taking them fishing, etc etc. I was extremely sore and worn out but it was still a great weekend so I will say that working out other than DDPY went well. I should have done DDPY yesterday and friday but I was so busy with other outdoors things that I didnt. So I plan on jumping right back in tonight.

The schedule wasn't really a thing for camping so gotta push hard this week for that.

• Like 7

This week flew by, partially because of the long weekend. Mostly because just how crazy work has been. 

Tonight I get the prowler set up and really push to get some form of extra exercise in outside of just DDPY. I want to do something every day. It doesn't have to be back breaking but something.

The food prep still hasn't gone, well, anywhere. I haven't even opened the heated lunchbox yet.

Schedule was all over the place this week, however I am getting up a bit earlier so thats a slight win.

• Like 4

Hey there. So I'm realising that I don't know what DDPY is or what a prowler is but my memory is terrible so maybe I need to go back and read the earlier posts again. 

Sorry to hear last week was hectic. How was the weekend? Did the prowler get set up? Whatever it is? Did you open the heated lunchbox? I hope sleep pattern is still improving and that you managed to make more time for exercise on the rest days. Is there any sort of routine change you can make that would protect your schedule from being swamped by um... What's the noun form of hectic? Hectitude? Hecticity? Hectile dysfunction? Whatever - that. At work. At least I'm assuming the work craziness and the lack of schedule are related...? 

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

2 hours ago, 18ck said:

DDPY

Oh! I know this one!! :D Diamond Dallas Page Yoga

If I remember correctly he was a wrestler (that much I know is accurate) who was injured and created a yoga program geared towards men, and I believe weight loss and recovery as well? Women can do it too but most yoga programs seems to be geared towards them 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

1 hour ago, RES said:

Diamond Dallas Page Yoga

Fantastic! Do you have to wear a wrestling onesie? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, 18ck said:

Fantastic! Do you have to wear a wrestling onesie? 

Never done it, but I hope not :lol: 

• Like 1

Spoiler

On 6/7/2021 at 3:28 AM, 18ck said:

Hey there. So I'm realising that I don't know what DDPY is or what a prowler is but my memory is terrible so maybe I need to go back and read the earlier posts again. 

Sorry to hear last week was hectic. How was the weekend? Did the prowler get set up? Whatever it is? Did you open the heated lunchbox? I hope sleep pattern is still improving and that you managed to make more time for exercise on the rest days. Is there any sort of routine change you can make that would protect your schedule from being swamped by um... What's the noun form of hectic? Hectitude? Hecticity? Hectile dysfunction? Whatever - that. At work. At least I'm assuming the work craziness and the lack of schedule are related...? 

As RES said its a yoga program by Diamond Dallas Paige that focuses on recovery. They have programs tailored to everyone. From experienced Yogi to a person who can't even get out of bed! His programs are a bit more "manly" than traditional yoga as it removes most of the spiritual aspect of it. But there are tons of men and women that do it! It's big focus is active resistance. 

The prowler I have is basically a sled that you push from behind. There are two poles attached to a metal sled. On these poles you can add weight to increase the difficulty. So you push that a set distance. Its one of the best workouts I've ever done. Its even harder on pavement as it adds resistance. And the sound of metal on pavement is sure to turn heads.

I did get the prowler set up, I have yet to open the lunch box! The weekend was great! I did push the prowler on an off day and it felt great! 

So the Hectile Dysfunction (thanks for that I love it) is caused by working a full time job 1.5 hours away from home (so 3 hour commute but I believe is worth it) along with owning my own business that I work when I get home. Setting a schedule for my own work at home has helped a bit. The lack of schedule comes from a change in hours at work. Being that the hours are a bit more fluid. So I have been staying up later than I used to to get some me time, and going in when I "feel like it". But setting a schedule would allow me to get home at a predicted time so while my current plan may seem great its more self defeating than anything and adds more stress.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2021 at 6:27 AM, RES said:

Oh! I know this one!! :D Diamond Dallas Page Yoga

If I remember correctly he was a wrestler (that much I know is accurate) who was injured and created a yoga program geared towards men, and I believe weight loss and recovery as well? Women can do it too but most yoga programs seems to be geared towards them 

Yes thats pretty much the gist.

On 6/7/2021 at 7:57 PM, RES said:

Never done it, but I hope not :lol: 

*slowly puts wrestling uniform back in secret place in closet*

• Like 1

While there is still time for this challenge I am going to wrap it up early since I have been under the weather with some kind of stomach bug the last few days.

This challenge has been and inspirational failure. What do I mean by that? Well even though I fell face first throughout the challenge and skidded forward on said face my life has continued to improve. My weight continues to trend downwards and I am taking steps to improve my life and well being. So I can't really complain.

In summation I failed every goal, but I have failed forward.

I will likely still post a random update here and there, but I will definitely be posting in my Battle Log as i often do. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I love your attitude. It's a  great mindset, and very true.

thank you!

Good attitude there! I googled prowler and it just reminded me of when I have to move the fridge to clean behind it, since that's more or less the same motion. Thanks for explaining all the other stuff too. I hope the stomach is better soon. Have a good between-challenge break and see you next time. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 9:17 AM, cn3wton said:

My weight continues to trend downwards and I am taking steps to improve my life and well being.

Sounds like a winning challenge to me!  Great job! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

12 hours ago, 18ck said:

Good attitude there! I googled prowler and it just reminded me of when I have to move the fridge to clean behind it, since that's more or less the same motion. Thanks for explaining all the other stuff too. I hope the stomach is better soon. Have a good between-challenge break and see you next time. 

Prowler is the best! And thanks!

2 hours ago, Shello said:

Sounds like a winning challenge to me!  Great job! 

Thank you!

• Like 2

New challenge post is up with more info to come!