Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains

I'm still trying to lose some weight, so that's a big focus right now

Endeavor 1: Lose 2.5 pounds by challenge end

Use MFP  6 days a week

Follow guidelines from eating skills

*experiment, I've upped my protein to 120 grams to see if that helps with satiety. This is a guideline. If I have a day where I feel like eating more carbs than protein, that is fine. I just want to experiment and see how this works

Reward:  counted at end of challenge:

1 point for each day tracked

28+ points = 2 Constitution pts

24-27= 1 Con pt.

20 -24 = .5

Endeavor 2: Use my time wisely

Daily: write out the top 3-5 things that need to be done;

weekly: each week I will write out the top things I need to accomplish

Reward; Counted weekly

Daily  : If I remember to write out 4 days, and get 80% success .5 wisdom, 

Weekly; 80% success = .5 wisdom 50% = .25 wisdom

Endeavor 3:

I am training L-sits and handstands.Things I want to accomplish

1: hit the benchmarks to progress to the next level by challenge end

2: video on week 1, pick out 1 thing to work on improving for each challenge, then video on week 3 and week 5

Reward:

1 to 2 points strength 

Experiment:

I'm going to use less media. Yes, this goal is super unSMART. 😃 If I set specific rules, it just makes me cranky, and not want to do it. What I'm going to do is just try and stop and think before I just scroll through media. Idea is to use it less,  but not be super strict. No reward, because there is no way to track. The idea is that I will be happier if I spend less time on the computer, so I am going to spend less time  because I want to spend less time

week 1 Endeavors:

write out baby shower to do list -

finish weeding side garden

decide what to do with sage bush

buy veggie plants

email friend

plant dahlias, lilies in container pots

Week 2 Endeavors

email friend

calendar to do shower list

text gal about  wants for shower food

plan shower food- decide where to get cake

weed under swing

mulch under swing

plant veggies, flowers

weed back bed

Week 3 Endeavors

decide cake and order if needed

plan punch

order cushions

sweep/pressure wash swing

put new canopy on swing

take care of yard waste

buy fence for veggie garden

video L-sit, handstand

yard list to do

Week 4

put up fence around veggies

yard waste

baby shower:

reminder notice

buy prize for diaper raffle

buy party favors

buy decorations

gazebo

buy flowers/plant

start planning devotional talk

• Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I didn't really feel like posting up a new challenge and goals yet, but wanted some accountability for the week , and a chance to yak at you all.

Today was nice. It was sunny, so my friends came over and we met outside for prayer. Then we went out to lunch at MOD pizza and sat and chatted forever.  It was a good ,refreshing time. 

Came home and did my workout.Did the circuit for the NF journey, then did L-sit work, and then handstand work. Made some instant pot pork carnitas https://nomnompaleo.com/2017041820170418instant-pot-pressure-cooker-carnitas Then hubby and I went on a walk on the interurban trail. It might rain the rest of the week, so we wanted to go now while it was sunny.

Some of MFP was guestimating. I had a salad and then a banana when I got home .I wanted some carbs before I worked out. I know what my goals are. I just need to take the time to write them, and I am tired right now

• Like 4

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

I didn't really feel like posting up a new challenge and goals yet, but wanted some accountability for the week , and a chance to yak at you all.

Fair enough. The write up can wait. Pizza outside with friends sounds so nice.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

Fair enough. The write up can wait. Pizza outside with friends sounds so nice.

Well, I had salad instead of pizza. But it was still nice. Maybe not quite as nice as pizza though😄

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

The only reason my challenge threads aren't a battle log is I post a new one each time a new challenge begins.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

29 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The only reason my challenge threads aren't a battle log is I post a new one each time a new challenge begins.

It does help me to think through what specific goals I want from each challenge. Writing out a plan helps give me concrete things to keep me focused. This time it is mostly a repeat of last challenge though.

• Like 3

Whatever it is, I'm here for it!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

• Elastigirl changed the title to Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains

Following to see your progress!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

On 5/6/2021 at 11:23 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Following for future exciting endeavours. 😉

Happy I Like It GIF by swerk

20 hours ago, Novaurora said:

Whatever it is, I'm here for it!

Despicable Me Smile GIF

17 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Following to see your progress!

Good Morning Hello GIF by Hill's Pet Nutrition

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Following! 

Do you have a specific strategy to eat more protein? Getting enough is something I struggle with...

Mainly just eating more at every meal. When I cook meat, I cook extra, so that I always have lots of meat to choose from. I have a semi strategy of buying deli meat to have it on hand too, but I keep forgetting to buy it when I'm at the store, so not as helpful. Also, I using packaged egg whites in the morning to add protein. Not really crazy about egg whites, but it's a good source of protein without a lot of calories

• Like 3

I actually super dig the wording of 'endeavor' as your goals word.  It's more than intention but less set in stone than goal... giving you a mission statement but room to feel things out without being backed right up against a wall.

• Like 1

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

9 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I actually super dig the wording of 'endeavor' as your goals word.  It's more than intention but less set in stone than goal... giving you a mission statement but room to feel things out without being backed right up against a wall.

Oooh, that's good. Honestly, I was just trying for alliteration.😉 But, I really like that, because that is what I am trying to do. I set up my  weekly endeavors, but sometimes life throws us curveballs, and you just have to roll with it.

• Like 1

Started out the day and wrote out a short list of things to accomplish.Did most of them.Planned meals, cleaned out fridge, did a baby shower to do list,  and did yard work,

Have I mentioned that I'm hosting a baby shower? Yep. I haven't hosted a baby shower in ages. And if you  read my challenges last year, I made a commitment to attend more of them at my church, and that was a big deal.And now I'm hosting one for a friend's daughter in law ( also wife of one of my son's best friends) And we are having it in our backyard, for Covid safety. So, I'm really working at not panicking. I'm trying to get  get my yard looking nice. Our backyard has tons of big, beautiful cedar trees. But no lawn, just dirt and weeds. More wild forest than pretty yard party type. I'm going to add some flowers, but there isn't going to be a magical transformation into a magazine yard. Trying to remember that everyone will just enjoy the party, and no one (I hope) is going to be judgy.

Training today:

L-sit;

Last week I took a video

I did good at not leaning back

I want to work on

1) making sure my legs are horizontal

2) seeing if I can get my legs straighter (while still being horizontal)

Handstand

Took video today

1)keep neck in line with shoulders

2) keep legs tight together

I didn't weigh myself today. My official weigh in will be tomorrow. I ate more yummies over the weekend for  Mother's day, so decided to wait for the weigh in

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Oooh, that's good. Honestly, I was just trying for alliteration.😉 But, I really like that, because that is what I am trying to do. I set up my  weekly endeavors, but sometimes life throws us curveballs, and you just have to roll with it.

I dig alliteration too.  ;)  I believe in your ability to handle the curveballs as they come in.

• Like 1

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Trying to remember that everyone will just enjoy the party, and no one (I hope) is going to be judgy

I think people are just so happy to be able to get out of their homes, that your yard will look like a vacation locale no matter what you do.  I hope you have fun and font get too stressed!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

1 hour ago, Novaurora said:

I think people are just so happy to be able to get out of their homes, that your yard will look like a vacation locale no matter what you do.  I hope you have fun and font get too stressed!

Good point!

55 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I adore wild forest yards! Fancy lawns are boring.

Most of me is in agreement with this, it's just that silly nagging voice that is telling me that my yard won't work. And the practical part of where to fit people too.

Sorry it took so long to find your new challenge but I'm here. I love the writing goal!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Currently Posting in -->Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] 

9 hours ago, cn3wton said:

Sorry it took so long to find your new challenge but I'm here. I love the writing goal!

Hey there, no worries,  the party's just started!

Before I forget to talk about it: I'm reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I read her book The Four Tendencies, on motivation and enjoyed it .Snagged this book at one of those little free neighborhood libraries one day. She researched   ways that people achieve happiness, and then focused on one goal a month  to work on those things. January was health focused, sleeping , eating right, exercising .February was showing love to others. I like the book. It's not anything new or earth shattering. But I like the focus of doing it to achieve happiness. We forget that helping others brings happiness, or a good nights sleep. It's easy to  get in the habit (at least for me) of doing those things because I "should" Refocusing it as doing those things makes me happier is  much more motivating.

I really like my goal of writing out things to do in the morning. I forgot to do it today. I was busy getting ready for our prayer group to come over. I did stop and think of what I would like to do. I think I may have been writing down too many endeavors. You know how at first you are all pumped and think you can do a million things - and you do it for a day and burn out? That's how I felt Tuesday. So tomorrow I will try and keep the list short.Did anyone read Steve's NF Instagram on the perfect morning? It was too funny. This huge list of  unrealistic goals that were impossible . That made me laugh. I think that's one of my issues with saying I will have a productive morning. It so doesn't match reality.

I tracked on MFP. Did good. I had some chocolate and am still within my calorie goal for the day. Now I am wanting another treat, and that will put me up my goal for the day. I'm not really hungry, just snacky feeling.  This week I'm struggling more. It would make me happier to weigh a little less.Happier because it's healthier (especially for my blood pressure) and easier to do things like L-sits. And I look better in my clothes.

* edit to add.After I posted this, I decided I wanted more food. I had some potatoes and turkey burger (dinner leftovers) and then some chocolate chips. Posted it in MFP.  Not sure how I feel about that.It's maintenance. Part of me wanted to not eat, part of me felt like I was hungry and just wanted food. 

So the kindness to others goal. I might have a suggestion. Something that was suggested to me which was really awesome.

I started writing 1 letter a week to a friend or family member. A hand written letter which I mailed. It was a really amazing experience. I definitely have to get back into it again. I even went out and bought letterhead, special envelopes, and a dip pen! The whole idea was to create something intentional for someone. It was crazy how it made me feel and how it lifted my spirits. I highly recommend it.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Currently Posting in -->Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]