Is challenge time, yes?

Very well, then. :)

So this looks like another clean up challenge, and I've not done those very well in the past, so it's worth asking why I came back to this. I would answer that things are different this time and that I've got more investment in cleaning things up.

After completing the GMB Elements program, I got into Vitamin because I wanted to focus more on bodily control versus some of the other stuff. Vitamin is best understood, really, as a 'intro to tumbling' course. I like it a lot. But it requires a lot of room, and a lot of my space is taken up with useless objects that have really been needing to be disposed of for a while now.

In order to facilitate this, I'm allowing myself a reward if I get the thing done: a double-end bag. Astute observers will note that this is not the double-end bag I linked to last time I mentioned anything about this; the reason is that I found a local outfitter who does this kind of thing. I've bought from them in the past. They have good-quality product and I like to keep the money local if/when I can.

Only catch is, a double-end bag requires a lot of space to work because of the way it bounces and moves, and I'm going to need room to move around it, so. The only way the reward makes sense is if I complete the challenge, but it's also something that I want. So... yeah.

So, I'm going to have to clean things up.

But there's more to cleanliness than just the physical thing itself. There's also cleanliness in sleep and cleanliness of mind, among other things, and these are things I need to work on too. The set-up, then, is as follows:

1) One Box Of Stuff A Week

Exactly what it says on the tin. I think I could probably do more than this - and I may have to, even - but I want to make compliance as clear and as simple as I can. In service to this, there's a sub-goal - keep my kitchen sink clear of dishes. I can do this on the daily, and have been for about a week or so, and I'm surprised at the itch it builds to actually get things done.

I say, as I do absolutely nothing else.

2) Bedtime by 01:00

This is a longer-term goal. With 1/2 vaccinations done for me and with my loved ones being vaccinated or else exposed to the point that they're apathetic, I'm going to be able to return to the mats in a meaningful way sooner rather than later. I'm going to be returning to the MMA place I was going to before. They've changed their schedule somewhat and they're allowing for no-gi grappling in addition to the gi stuff and the striking stuff. Only catch is, it's early - like, 18:00 as opposed to 19:00 or 19:30. I don't get out of work now until 18:00, and I won't be able to do anything about that for a while yet. But, I can get to bed earlier, and I can get used to being up earlier too. Worst case, I just get some extra sleep.

3) Meditate 6 Minutes A Night

5 minutes was dope. 6 will be doper.

And, that should do it. I'll log training here as well, because why not? I've been keeping up with the Apple A Day kettlebell program, and in order to keep my sanity, I've allowed myself to start rolling a D8 to figure if I'm doing 1 or 2-arm swings that day. My longer-term approach is to eventually work in kettlebell snatches and Dan John's Armor Building Complex, but the hold-up right now is that I haven't got the point in Simple and Sinister where I'm doing TGUs with the 8-kg bell yet. That's the neat thing about Simple and Sinister - you get a good base of GPP and also get good at the fundamentals of kettlebells, so it can be used to limit yourself to stuff you can actually reasonably handle. This is something I need help with too. :D

And, uh. Yeah. I think that should actually do it.

In life news, I'm looking at trying to do the work of building a Tenant's Union around here after my landlord decided to get rid of my (admittedly shitty) neighbor under sketchy pretenses. Because she doesn't deserve that, and also, it's a gatdang pandemic. Should be interesting.

• Like 4

Here to watch you fight the man and [keep] learn[ing] to fight and go to bed.

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

18 hours ago, Kishi said:

So this looks like another clean up challenge, and I've not done those very well in the past

Well I'm here for moral support and accountability even so then.  ;) 

• Thanks 1

[ Level ?? ]  Thunderlord of the Legio Thundaris 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On 5/8/2021 at 8:30 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Here to watch you fight the man and [keep] learn[ing] to fight and go to bed.

On 5/9/2021 at 2:12 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Well I'm here for moral support and accountability even so then.  ;) 

Hey, I dunno if you can tell, but I need all the help I can get, so I'mma take it and say thank you both. :) Also to anyone else who stops by; I reckon you're awesome by default.

1) 1/1 + box

2) 0/1

3) 1/1

(My periodic reminder to myself that I'm always logging from one day ahead; thanks you stupid sleep goal!)

So, day 1 down. Mostly good. Messed up some because I was carrying on some broken patterns from before where I got to bed late and didn't get up until the afternoon and then lost a bunch of time to afternoon conversation which turned to argument which turned to me doing a lot of research, the work of which wasn't really valued and actually sparked some reflexive argument on the part of the person for whom I was doing the research. Ah well. I'm not surprised, just disappointed.

Being caught up in all this, I saw the writing on the wall and realized I was going to miss bedtime, and I was tempted to throw the rest of the goals, but I decided that was stupid and that I should take what good I could regardless of my feelings. I did meditate. I had to clean a lot of dishes in order to keep my sink clear, but I did it. My set up at this point is the sink with a drying rack on top of my fridge, and it's a little small; my thought when I got it had been to put it in the sink to keep everything in one place, but that doesn't really work out in practice. (food for thought: may need to get a bigger rack, which may make the work easier). I also got a bonus on my cleaning goal in that a box of clothes I'd ordered arrived and I reasoned that if I didn't get these out of the box and into circulation that this would be another Box of Useless Things. So I'm taking that as a win. :P

Day 2 at this point is shaping up good. Looking at the present arrangement in the medium term, assuming I'm able to keep working from home and that I don't have to return to the office, I'm going to have to get work done relatively early and get my S&C work done during the day. The reason for this being that if I'm out on the mats until 20:00 or 21:00, coming back and doing more training before doing all the work of cleaning up and cooking and cleaning up again... is going to be prohibitive to getting down on time. So I'm using the days between here and my clearance to return to full activity to test out a certain work-life balance concept. Essentially, I've figured out what is and isn't constructive work for me and I spent today prioritizing it. It showed promise today; I had a relatively easy time getting done what needed to be done, but I don't want to be naive and trick myself into thinking it's going to be this way all the time. I may need to start utilizing my rest days as work days again, given the nature of my S&C programming right now, because if I'm going to be chancing working out versus productive job stuff, then it's reasonable to assume there'll be days where my duty to one will cost me the other, and the resting days will just emerge organically.

LIke. S&S and GMB are both slacker programs compared to their mainstream counterparts. S&S bills itself as general physical prep and wears its military/LEO/EMS bona fides on its sleeve, and it's pretty open about trying to meet the realities of life. GMB, meanwhile, is replete with stories of people who half-assed the programs and got what they considered to be stellar results. I'm already kind of half-assing these things, but my concern with trying to balance this out in the medium term is that my half-assing will be reduced to quarter-assing, which neither of these programs can vouch for. The new paradigm is "Organic Half-Assery." Shit'll be dope.

Anyway. Life goes on. So far, sink is clear, and I saw some detritus from the outside, so I swept my deck and vacuumed my apartment. Good stuff. Laundry is being done, including my towels and sheets in addition to my clothes, because turns out that clean linens and bed sheets is just so good for Quality of Life. GMB on the docket for the day. A walk after work to get used to reserving that space for physical stuff rather than gaming. Should be good for catching up on podcasts.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Kishi said:

may need to get a bigger rack

You are not the first person in history to have this thought :P 

Here for the organic half-assery 

• Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 5/8/2021 at 7:19 PM, Kishi said:

1) One Box Of Stuff A Week

Packing? Unpacking? Donations? Trash? Enquiring minds (who are also decluttering) want to know!

On 5/10/2021 at 4:54 PM, Kishi said:

clean linens and bed sheets is just so good for Quality of Life

Ooooh, yes.

• Like 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

23 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

You are not the first person in history to have this thought :P 

Here for the organic half-assery 

For sure! Also, dude, what is going on with your challenge titles lately? I need to stop by and check that out.

6 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Packing? Unpacking? Donations? Trash? Enquiring minds (who are also decluttering) want to know!

As needed. Donations more than anything; I have a lot of books, and I'm not comfortable just disposing of them.

6 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Ooooh, yes.

Mmmmhmmm. Got get it done early, though, or else it's too warm to sleep. :D

1) 2/2 + box

2) 0/2

3) 2/2

Sleep messed up again. But I'm getting to bed earlier than I have in a while, and TBF I kind of expected something like this. Have to keep working on it.

Yesterday's plans didn't carry off. I got rained out of walking and I got pulled into another fight on social media. It's resolved in a surprisingly constructive way, but it's shown me some things about myself that I thought were dealt with and really aren't, and it's left me feeling kind of hollow and hopeless and humiliated.

I've not been a very happy person today as a result. But that's life sometimes. Sometimes it's just something you live through.

Today's been another good proof of concept. I even got another round of S&S in; I don't like how late in the day it happened, but if this was happening earlier in relation to an earlier start time? Wouldn't really be a problem.

Anyway. Down to bed.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Kishi said:

Yesterday's plans didn't carry off. I got rained out of walking and I got pulled into another fight on social media. It's resolved in a surprisingly constructive way, but it's shown me some things about myself that I thought were dealt with and really aren't, and it's left me feeling kind of hollow and hopeless and humiliated.

Is one of those things you learned not to fight on social media? Some people aren't open to those discussions and there's no point casting your pearls before swine. 

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Is one of those things you learned not to fight on social media? Some people aren't open to those discussions and there's no point casting your pearls before swine. 

I'm flattered and flustered that you think I have pearls to throw! :D Basically, I need to get a lot better about how I understand facts and what conclusions are to be drawn based upon them. Time to cultivate some apathy for a while.

1) 2/3 + box

2) 0/3

3) 3/3

Whoops. Left some dishes in the sink, just plum forgot about 'em. Got that managed today. Missed sleep but still got down earlier than I have in a while. Woke up angry from last night, but that didn't last. I've been doing some free-writing in the mornings in addition to my prose, and... it was helpful. I'm chilled out.

Work-life balance concept keeps working. I keep getting done early what I need to so I can do what I want to early. It's good stuff. Meditation's happening. The night has little to offer, which is good. I've been working my way through Overland, an indie title that was part of a racial justice bundle sold by itch.io last year in the wake of the Floyd Incident. It's a road-trip strategy game where you try to navigate a crew across the country in the wake of an ecological catastrophe. Things go from bad to worse to worse, and you have to get by based on a lot of gumption and hope. It's fun for a certain definition of the word. :D

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Kishi said:

I'm flattered and flustered that you think I have pearls to throw! :D Basically, I need to get a lot better about how I understand facts and what conclusions are to be drawn based upon them. Time to cultivate some apathy for a while.

I love you like a brother, so understand I saw the following with that live in mind. I don't know anything about the other party or parties in the argument, this is nothing about them. The paragraph above reminds me about how I used to sound after a fight with my ex when I internalized responsibility for her bad behavior. Now, I don't know if that is what you are doing, but that's where my mind went. You are awesome, and the problem might not be how you communicated or interpreted facts.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I love you like a brother, so understand I saw the following with that live in mind. I don't know anything about the other party or parties in the argument, this is nothing about them. The paragraph above reminds me about how I used to sound after a fight with my ex when I internalized responsibility for her bad behavior. Now, I don't know if that is what you are doing, but that's where my mind went. You are awesome, and the problem might not be how you communicated or interpreted facts.

And now I am grateful. ❤️ I'm all right, I promise. Truthfully, I've been too much in my own mind this pandemic, and I've allowed myself to be more of a consumer of information rather than an analyst of information. Lots of far-out stuff that is other than some of the high-quality stuff I was consuming for a time. When I say 'cultivate apathy,' I mean in the sense of not letting myself be pulled or pushed by outside things, at least to the extent that I have any control at all.

Because at the end of the day, that's all I really have the power to control. And it's like I told the guy - I'm never sure how much information is enough in order to have something actionable, so I wound up going into the weeds. He was an asshole about it, but I think his critique had merit, and frankly I'm proud of myself for not talking past him like I normally do.

To be perfectly frank, I'm treating the episode like a learning experience. Sometimes it hurts a little. That's something to resign oneself to, not something to avoid.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I love you like a great-uncle I see once a year for Thanksgiving when he brings the weird cornbread with cheddar cheese and diced jalapeños in it and pulls quarters from behind my ears, so understand the following with that in mind. This is not the first time you've identified with Kishi by casting him in the role of your first-marriage past self. I didn't think that was a healthy narrative for either one of you last time, and I still don't.

Kishi has grown so, so much since I first met him in terms of recognising that conflict can stem from different perceptions of a situation and different internal baggage, and not from every gesture or statement, no matter how ordinary, meaning that someone is using him because he's the world's whipping boy with low self esteem, nice guys finish last, and the world is cruel. He used to be very deep in some very toxic-masculinity corners of the internet, and Baby Kishi was an active player in manufacturing the drama around him, with a lot of people serving as NPCs in his narrative. Adult Kishi is not that kid anymore; he's outgrown it, he steps back thoughtfully and takes care of people, generally including himself. He doesn't need a source of drag to go backwards when he's come so far. He's got this. He's imperfect at it because we all are growing, but he's on top of this, I promise you. He's pretty good at figuring out when it's him and when it’s not, he's pretty good at figuring out when to just let it go because it's not personal, and he's pretty good at figuring out a healthy conflict.

And, Tank, I get concerned when I see you reading deep emotional victimhood into very normal situations like a standard breakup or a short statement that boils down to "I got sucked into a 'someone is wrong on the internet' rabbit hole, and I'm not sure I kept a sense of perspective". It's probably not great for your relationship with Kishi to keep identifying him with that emotional place, but it also indicates that you might not be in a good place when you do. I'm not sure the emotional patterns you're spotting are outside you when that happens. And, like, I think I get the trigger. Teenage "everyone is using me because I'm too nice" toxic masculinity victimhood is gonna leave some verbal tells even after it's gone, and I absolutely get why they would trigger the emotional fallout from an emotionally abusive marriage. The two situations speak roughly the same language, even if they differ greatly in the reliability of the narrative.

In a nutshell, it is bad news when your PTSD meets Kishi's teenage toxic masculinity baggage. Something about the latter seems to occasionally trigger the former, and the former can feed the latter if Kishi's at a low point. I hate being in this role, but I will break this interaction up every time, because you both deserve better. Now stop making me pull this car over, or we'll never get to grandma's.

44 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Because at the end of the day, that's all I really have the power to control. And it's like I told the guy - I'm never sure how much information is enough in order to have something actionable, so I wound up going into the weeds. He was an asshole about it, but I think his critique had merit, and frankly I'm proud of myself for not talking past him like I normally do.

❤ Adult Kishi, you've got this under control.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

On 5/12/2021 at 9:45 PM, sarakingdom said:

❤ Adult Kishi, you've got this under control.

Thanks. ❤️

1) 3/4 + box

2) 0/4

3) 4/4

Aaaaand, this time I missed sleep and I feel bad about it. I still got down earlier than I have been for a while, but the pattern of behavior was so close to what it was before that it feels bad. No likey!

But I kept things clean and meditated and that was good at least. Vitamin was done.

Anyway, today's been kind of weird. It really wasn't a bad day, but I've really allowed myself to get obsessed with a bunch of things I don't control. Lots of unuseful desires, mostly stemming from a stung ego over the past few days. I'm rational enough to understand what's going on, and I wanted to take some time today to address that stuff - read theory, exercise, stuff like that - but today the job got in the way and I wasn't able to get ahead of it in time to get what I wanted done. Which wouldn't have happened if I'd recognized what was going on earlier and got ahold of myself.

I mean, I got done what I needed to so that I'm not in trouble, and there's no sign of anything happening, but, you know, after a few days of riding high on my own ego, coming crashing down just sucks. Like I said. I really gotta work on letting go of things.

But at least I recognize that. That's good.

And hey, it works out to a rest day today, since if things were normal, I wouldn't have had the time for extra training. I would have been off to the mats after work; as it is, I decided to just take it easy instead. That was actually kind of nice.

Anyway, no reason I couldn't get down on time tonight. Of course, I said that last night, and I found a way. Points for ingenuity, I suppose. 😅

• Like 2

So! Everything took a dramatic turn this past weekend. Got up Friday with a pinching feeling in my stomach which I thought came from eating too little. I ate a little more and thought nothing of it. Went to bed, pain got worse and shifted over to my right lower quadrant. Skipped out of BJJ because I wasn't feeling well, and felt worse and worse over the course of the day. Finally caved, went to the hospital, got scanned, and was found to have appendicitis. Fortunately, I didn't have a rupture or anything, but the doctors wanted to remove it, and I agreed. I had just enough time to call my folks and let them know what was going on and to let a friend know I couldn't make it to their thing on Sunday, and then the phone was took from me so that my effects could be stored.

So I went in to surgery on Saturday night, and it was done. Mom was able to get past the visitor's blockade that's been put in place for the epidemic, and she spent the night with me. I tried to sleep some this weekend, but mostly it was just a long night getting checked repeatedly by the doctors. Fortunately, I was up and walking again pretty quick with the blessings of the staff, and I was cleared for discharge Sunday.

But, uh, yeah, had a major procedure out of nowhere and now I'm benched for the next month training-wise. I am specifically cleared to walk and not lift more than 10 pounds.

I really, really don't want to sign on to work tomorrow. But, I work the kind of job that punishes you for taking days off in terms of its workload - people say they'll help, but they won't, and I'll have a bunch of stuff to come back to when I do come back. Besides, we just got a new supervisor, and it'd be a shame if I didn't at least show my face. Besides, when she asks for something interesting or exciting about me, I can tell them about my weekend and get clout of a sort. :D

Oh, also, I got my measurements done before going to the hospital and, uh, I made it to 25%. So, that's good news, at least. Means my nutrition and training were lined up proper for once. I can get that back, once I'm cleared to train again. And, the work-life balance concept did work. I was able to train often and well and in balance with the other stuff I had going on. So that's definitely worth returning to.

It does feel like I might need to retool the challenge a bit, but honestly it's enough of a Life challenge that I could just keep going. Although, think I'll hit "Reset."

200.gif

• Like 3

Good job going in before the appendix burst. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Well, that's, uh, exciting... congrats on your near miss?

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good job going in before the appendix burst. 

7 hours ago, chemgeek said:

Yikes! Appendicitis is nothing tinfoil with so good job getting it caught in time.

Thanks, y'all. Also, @chemgeek, I have a guess as to where your autocorrect started working.

2 days out from surgery. Man. I dunno what the hell I was thinking when I thought I didn't use my core enough. Turns out, I use it for every Goddamn thing. Gotta say. Appendixed Kishi didn't know how good he had it. I don't think I'll ever really advocate for direct ab training ever again.

My complaints aside, I'm moving better today than I was even yesterday. I haven't quite got my stride back yet, but I'm not having to lean on things for support, and I can get up from the ground without having to use a stick or something, which at the start of the day I wasn't. I expect this is something to do with my body healing and getting used to things again, and I expect I'll regress a little throughout the night due to sleep, and then progress a little further come tomorrow.

Today has been pretty weird. Met the new boss. She doesn't suck, at least not yet. Seems to prefer a looser hand on things, which I have to be careful about and not abuse, but I think will be okay in the long run. Avoided the use of my painkillers all day because I take aspirin for my heart and I wasn't sure what the drug interaction would be like; even if it was fine, they're still narcotics and I wasn't sure how well I could do my job if I was potentially on an opioid high or something. Like, if I can't be trusted to drive a car while on this stuff, should I be working cases? I dunno.

Hiding due to some sensitive stuff:

Spoiler

Talked to my housemate. She said the landlord told her he'd waive the rent if she'd have sex with him. This is illegal, and I told her so. I advised that she get recordings or something, although she's said she's got the evidence to go after him if she wants to. It's not clear that she wants to. She seems to think of this more as a personal drama more than anything, and she likes the place, and she has too much stuff that she can't get moved in time before the deadline comes around. She may just decide that getting fucked over in the literal sense is worth it.

That bugs me. Like, don't get me wrong, sex work is real work, and she has dignity and worth regardless of whatever choice she makes. But like. This is a shitty trade for her. Like, she's having to trade access to a basic human need for a desire from someone who has the power to take that basic human need away from her. She could only be said to consent to this in a purely academic way, and this fucking POS landlord. Like he doesn't even need the $700 or so in rent, he'll just throw that away so he can get off on her. What the shit.

Honestly, I wanna move out. I've got options - a surprising amount of options, actually; I could move into a house out in the country for the amount of money I'm paying now - which I've been assessing because I gamed out the worst case scenario where landlord figures out that I tried to give my housemate options and he decides to just terminate my lease because he can. Fortunately, that's a two-way street since I'm paying month to month anyway. The devil's in the timing, though. I can't even lift 10 lbs ATM; I'd really, really like to not have to move just yet.

But, if that's what comes, that's what comes. Can't face it until it's in front of me, and really, knowing I have options in the worst case scenario makes me feel better about the whole thing.

Somehow, I did enough work today. Somehow I got my laundry done. Even managed to change my bedsheets. Think that probably wasn't medically acceptable. Oh well.

Need to get some grocery shopping done tonight. And get down on time. At least that went right for once. Need to see about hitting that target again.

1) 0/1

2) 1/1

3) 0/1

• Like 1
Spoiler

Yeah, your landlord is a sleaze. Regardless of what your housemate does to take care of herself in a tough year, your landlord is the guy you have to trust for straight and ethical dealing when it comes to contracts and your housing, and, like... no way. I mean, she's not doing anything unethical or illegal to abuse a position of power or whatever, but he definitely is.

Commiserations on your core.

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Spoiler

Yikes, it sounds awful knowing you are renting from a person who would do that. If worse comes to worst, could you afford to hire movers for a last minute move?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:
  Hide contents

Yikes, it sounds awful knowing you are renting from a person who would do that. If worse comes to worst, could you afford to hire movers for a last minute move?

Spoiler

ATM, probably. Pandemic was actually really good for me between the stimulus and frugal living. Wouldn't even be that much to move. Remember, all my possessions barring my car fit into a studio apartment.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, chemgeek said:

Every time haha. 

Your landlord is a sleazebucket and I hope things turn out ok

Yeah, me too.

1) 1/2

2) 1/2

3) 1/2

A relatively quiet day. Too many meetings. Not as productive as I would have preferred, but I think I managed to solve some problems on a particularly thorny case, which is always good news. Unless it comes back. In which case, I'll just have to keep working on it.

Things took a better course today in recovery than I expected; I didn't seem to experience any regression over the night's sleep and while I'm still kind of stiff and can't really cough or sneeze or anything, it doesn't feel quite as bad. So that's good. Hopefully another night's sleep will help.

• Like 3

Started out reading and recognizing a fellow BJJ person (*waves excitedly*), was wondering how you like Elements (I bought it but haven’t ever gotten past week 2 😖), and then saw appendicitis! Dang, dude, way to bury the lead. Glad you’re on the mend, and that you got in before any explosions could ensue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yipes! That was a close call. I'm glad you got your appendix out before it got worse.

My sympathy on the 10 lb weight restriction. I am willing to bet money that you will feel like you are healed enough to pick things up before you get to the proscribed time.  You will be itching to get back to training and will tell yourself stories about why you need to pick up heavy things. Your brain will be leading you down a risky path.  Don't listen to it.

The problem is that you don't have nerves in a lot of the areas that were cut by the surgeon. That is good in the sense that you are not in a lot of pain, but bad in that your body can't tell you if you are doing something stupid. Listen to your doctor and let things heal. There are lots of bodyweight exercises you will be able to do. Take the time now so you don't have to deal with complications and more delay later.

Also, full agreement that your landlord is scum.

• Like 3

Level 55  Viking paladin

My current challenge    Battle log