Jump to content

Hangrybear's journey from chonk to stronk #3


Recommended Posts

Sorry, been a bit busy and currently nauseous since I'm eating 600g Carbs a day to restore glycogen stores that have been depleted severely with 8 weeks of dieting. 

Will read up on all of your logs later tonight :)


Training Friday:
120min Walk
120min Bike Ride Outdoor
15min Foam Rolling
60min Back Chest Tricep
=5hr15min

 


Training Saturday:
130min Walk
200min Hike @ 110bpm
15min Foam Rolling
30min Hiking Prehab
15min Core
30min Accupressure Mat
=7hr

 


Training Sunday:
90min Bicep Back Shoulder
20min Biking Outdoor
15min Foam Rolling
30min Hiking Prehab
15min Core
=2hr50min

 

8 week weight loss.
TDEE average: 4171 (calories out)
consumed: 3434 (calories in)
---> daily deficit: 737 kcal


The next 3 weeks of challenge #3 will be the same.

-5.9kg
-8cm Tummy
~0cm Chest

 

8weeks_en.png.7c0e2f96b4ac23b2870e80e08d57309b.png

  • Like 3
Link to post
On 5/23/2021 at 2:57 PM, Hangrybear said:

8 week weight loss.
TDEE average: 4171 (calories out)
consumed: 3434 (calories in)
---> daily deficit: 737 kcal


The next 3 weeks of challenge #3 will be the same.

-5.9kg
-8cm Tummy
~0cm Chest

 

 

Looking good!

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Link to post

Sorry about not posting - Having a low key depressive phase, so I don't feel like talking to anyone.

 

Still binge free, in a deficit and did 22hrs of exercise this week. 

But no stretching or core work, purposely neglected long term health in favor of exercise that's immediately rewarding.

 

Oh and gyms and bouldering halls are back up. Been going there daily, but I'm kind of numb to everything rather than actively enjoying it. 

 

Driving to friends to play a boardgame and drink wine, but absolutely not excited. Usually these phases end in binge eating, gaining 8kg and ruining months of progress, but this time I will not allow it to happen. I'm stronger than my disorder. 

 

Training Monday:
310min Hike @ 120bpm

=6hr10min

 

Training Tuesday:
Rest

 

Training Wednesday:
Rest

 

Training Thursday:
120min Bouldering
40min biking outdoor
=2hr40min

 

Training Friday:
120min Gym (Chest Back)
40min biking outdoor
75min walk
=3hr55min

 

Training Saturday:
220min hike
70min Walk
120min biking outdoor
=6hr50min

 

Training Sunday:
90min Gym (tricep bicep shoulder)
30min biking outdoor
30min hiking Prehab
15min Core
=2hr45min

  • Like 2
Link to post
23 hours ago, Hangrybear said:

Sorry about not posting - Having a low key depressive phase, so I don't feel like talking to anyone.

 

Still binge free, in a deficit and did 22hrs of exercise this week. 

But no stretching or core work, purposely neglected long term health in favor of exercise that's immediately rewarding.


Good job with the continued avoiding of binges!

  • Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Link to post

Training Monday:

90min Gym (legs)
15min Core
60min bike ride outdoor
=2hr45min

Training Tuesday:
110min gym (shoulder back)
20min hiking Prehab
70min bike ride outdoor
= 3hr20min

Training Wednesday:
30min bike ride outdoor
15min Core
=45min

Training Thursday:
100min Gym (back chest triceps)
160min biking outdoor
30min Walk
=4hr50min

 

Training Friday:
130min Gym (shoulder arms)
40min biking outdoor
15min Core
35min hiking Prehab
=3hr40min

 

Training Saturday:

130min hike 

90min walk

=3hr40min

 

Training Sunday:

2hr Bouldering 

15min Core 

30min Hiking Prehab 

30min Accupressure Mat 

= 3hr15min

 

total week 4

22hr15min

  • Like 1
Link to post
5 hours ago, Hangrybear said:

18 months 

20lbs difference 

 

It took so long because of the yoyo effect of binge eating. Probably lost the 20lbs five times, only now it feels like it will last after addressing my disorder on an emotional level and looking for help. 

 

 

  Hide contents

Screenshot_20210606-102637_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4ba1d962b87f9827bab9627de7c47fee.jpg

 

 

 

This is incredible progress now that you are in a place to sustain it going forward. Know that you are an inspiration to many on this forums who have similar aesthetic and health goals as you.

 

Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading about your continued progress. Life is a constant battle and we must continue to fight it!

  • Like 1

"Flying is easy, its landing that's hard" - Sev

Link to post
4 hours ago, SkindianaBones said:

Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading about your continued progress. Life is a constant battle and we must continue to fight it!

 

Planning to stay in this forum and participate in every challenge for years to come. Been dieting for 10 freaking years now, started at 330lbs and finally feel like life is starting to make sense with shared experiences in online communities, tackling my eating disorder head on and finding coping mechanisms other than emotional eating for stressful life events. 

 

I'm sorry that I'm not engaging /w the forum very much at the moment, it will change once my depressive symptoms clear up. Right now all energy goes to athleticism and not overeating, as it's still a constant struggle. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
23 hours ago, Hangrybear said:

I'm sorry that I'm not engaging /w the forum very much at the moment, it will change once my depressive symptoms clear up. Right now all energy goes to athleticism and not overeating, as it's still a constant struggle. 


Argh me too. But there will be a new challenge soon, and a new challenge is a fresh shiny new start. I hope the depression eases soon.

  • Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Link to post

Took 4 days off all exercise after getting vaccinated. Knocked me out good for a day.

Figured to do the logical thing and take the time off to recover and rest. 

Mentally, it didn't feel good at all to stay inactive, but the body responded very well.

Lost a full centimeter of circumference on all muscles. They've been in a constant cycle of breakdown and repair for months and thus had to hold onto water. 

4 days with a lot of sleep let them heal fully, and the first day back bouldering I felt stronger than ever.

 

Lost around 7kg since begin of challenge #2 11 weeks ago. Also 77 days binge free since the beginning of that challenge.

Physically in the best shape of my life. Am starting to have abs, which is kinda unbelievable coming down from 330lbs.

 

Mentally, I don't really know. Most days I am barely motivated to speak a single word, don't care about most moments of my day and am constantly fleeing the isolation of my apartment and just ride my bike around town or take walks. Still kind of in a lockdown mood despite everything opening up back here.

It's weird, because I moved to this city excited and with high hopes, to then be hit by a lockdown. So I've barely met any new people, had to isolate for a year and now it just doesn't feel right to go out and live like I wanted to initially.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
5 hours ago, Hangrybear said:

Mentally, I don't really know. Most days I am barely motivated to speak a single word, don't care about most moments of my day and am constantly fleeing the isolation of my apartment and just ride my bike around town or take walks. Still kind of in a lockdown mood despite everything opening up back here.

It's weird, because I moved to this city excited and with high hopes, to then be hit by a lockdown. So I've barely met any new people, had to isolate for a year and now it just doesn't feel right to go out and live like I wanted to initially.

 

I'm not entirely sure that's weird... it might just be a natural consequence of a year of isolation and unpleasant/bizarre circumstances the likes of which we really have never seen before?

 

Congratulations on the vaccine, though unfortunate that it made you ill for a while. Are you fully vaccinated now, or are you waiting for a second dose a few weeks from now?

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31

Link to post

Vaccine and potentially lyme disease this week, so took a couple days off the gym.

Heading back there today but today is part of week 0 of the next challenge, so you you there.

 

Training Monday:
Rest

Training Tuesday:
Rest

Training Wednesday:
Rest

Training Thursday:
Rest

Training Friday:
150min Bouldering
90min Biking Outdoor
=4hr

Training Saturday:
140min Walk
50min biking outdoor
=3hr10min

Link to post
On 6/13/2021 at 1:44 AM, Hangrybear said:

Lost around 7kg since begin of challenge #2 11 weeks ago. Also 77 days binge free since the beginning of that challenge.

Physically in the best shape of my life. Am starting to have abs, which is kinda unbelievable coming down from 330lbs.

 

Fantastic, especially the freedom from bingeing!

 

On 6/13/2021 at 1:44 AM, Hangrybear said:

Mentally, I don't really know. Most days I am barely motivated to speak a single word, don't care about most moments of my day and am constantly fleeing the isolation of my apartment and just ride my bike around town or take walks. Still kind of in a lockdown mood despite everything opening up back here.

It's weird, because I moved to this city excited and with high hopes, to then be hit by a lockdown. So I've barely met any new people, had to isolate for a year and now it just doesn't feel right to go out and live like I wanted to initially.

 

Ooh, I'm sorry, this sounds really rough. It's good that you're keeping physically active.

 

On 6/13/2021 at 11:48 AM, Hangrybear said:

Also thinking it might be Lyme disease.

 

Oh, yuck. Does that need following up?

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines