Six Rides in a Stranger (Fistful of Dollars)

image.png.e735abb54777e81cbe777025b793e88c.png

It’s time to seize an opportunity, leverage my strengths, and demonstrate my grit – if to no one other than myself.  Having been gone for too long, I’m coming back as ‘a stranger’ in the sense that I’m essentially starting from zero.

Dueling Factions:

I have recently gotten both rings and a rowing machine.  My goal is to get in some purposeful movement everyday.  But for too long, I’ve counted things like hitting a step goal, running around with the kids, etc. as good enough.  In order to ultimately win as a lone gun, I need the warring factions to take each other out.  Each rowing workout will count towards the Rojo Brothers and each calisthenics workout will count for Sheriff Baxter.  If I’m going to make it out of this challenge, I need to eliminate 10 henchmen from each side.

image.png.2c25647dc25f91ed248acdc87ba3f592.png

Laying Real Low:

Life balance and sleep have been a problem over the past year.  So I want to get back into a routine where I cut off my electronic use earlier in the night (except for e-reader) and prioritize sleep and recovery.  Goal would be power out by 9:00p, bed by 10:00p and up at 5:00.

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/steccer/16884171/2798/2798_640.png

Let's go, daylight's burning.

• Like 3

Current Challenge: TBD

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"Come stay a while and listen" - Deckard

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf 

really digging the idea of different workouts playing opposing sides. i'm here for it

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

9 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

I like the henchmen idea. It’s always more fun when you can take out henchmen as part of the quest!I’m also coming back as, basically, a stranger from a long, long absence! Welcome back to us 🥳

8 hours ago, Buff Brogan said:

really digging the idea of different workouts playing opposing sides. i'm here for it

Thank you both!  I'm excited to be back.

Stranger's Journal

13th of May

-In bed by nine, screens off, and up by five.  It was hard to ignore the pull of work, housework, etc., but I'm glad I did it.

-I rose early and had my first duel.  2000m on the rower and then a sun salutation sequence.  One Rojo henchman down.

• Like 2

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf 

Welp, last night did not go as planned.

Stayed up watching a new show with my wife and broke both Laying Low goals.  Also woke up in the middle of the night (kids) and couldn't fall back asleep for two hours because I was stressing about a trial that's coming up next week.  Needless to say, didn't feel up to a full workout at 5a.

Silver lining may be that I picked up gardening materials last night and had a practical strength workout hefting the 20+ bags of soil and mulch into the back of the truck and then unloading them this morning.  Not ideal, but I'll take it.

I need to decide if the workouts rotate by day (tomorrow would be rowing again) or if I miss a workout, the sequence changes...  open to thoughts/suggestions.

Happy Friday Rebels.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2021 at 10:45 AM, Mr.Six said:

I need to decide if the workouts rotate by day (tomorrow would be rowing again) or if I miss a workout, the sequence changes...  open to thoughts/suggestions.

If you have particular days that are busy or light and you want to plan around that, then picking what you do by day and sticking with it might be best. If not, then it might be easier to keep track if you just do whatever you didn't do last time.

And welcome back!

• Like 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41

On 5/14/2021 at 10:45 AM, Mr.Six said:

That's a tough one.  Personally, I balance it based on what else I have going on in the day, if you tend to have a set schedule that works.  But as a general rule I set MWF and TThSa for myself and if I miss a day I just follow what I already had set.  That way it's one less decision I have to make.  Fewer decisions on the fly=happier Chesire.