Havoc Ex Machina™: Beyond Human v3.0 - Thunderbro edition!

"I am become terror, the unseen predator, a rupture that obliterates without warning.  Alone, the hordes of Enoch will fall before me. but together this entire planet will fear us.  The Anomaly alters us each in our own ways but we are drawn down the same road into the dark heart of creation..  I will find the Source - whatever it holds, whatever it takes."
image.png

Welcome to the Sanctum Parabellum, the Last Stronghold and Fortress-Monastery of Harrgath on Asgard.

2x0pe6jxx8r01.jpg

Cry Havoc! and let slip the lion of war.  This challenge represents a return to the earlier theme of a sanctum from which to launch my campaign against bad habits and negative behavior or thinking patterns; here shall be the Fortress-Monastery where I dwell, preparing for chaos' machinations, and weaving a mythology while forging my mind/body into a prodigal [Artifact] worthy of the gods.  Just like a 40k Custodes or Primarch, any Asgardian or an Outrider, I am continuously striving for my version of exemplary magnificence.  You may think the storm is your ally, but you merely sheltered against it.  I was born into it, molded by it... after all these years, I am the storm.

Nothing is forbidden, anything goes.  It's godhood... or perish.

c495dee75f232078408583c34d1523b2.png  [Sanctum Parabellum Quest Log]

• [Cover is for Cowards] You're a biological sledgehammer; act like one and chuck yourself into the fray! Go pound sand, dirt, or pavement like an god among men through daily mileage; runs, walks or rucking.
  • [Powers On Tap]:  Feel that tingling in your fingertips? Your powers are ready to be unleashed. Don't keep them waiting!  Master the storm through (6) workouts per week.
  • [Kill to Heal] There's no use sitting back and licking your wounds; want your health back? Go out there and take it. Violence breeds vitality (and the meek will never inherit the earth), so keep to my Nutri-3 rule: vitality through tracking, 500g veggies, and participation in 12lbs/12weeks PVP).
  • And finally, a guiding philosophy to add - you have to [Think Aggressively]:  Complete my daily Yoga practice.

Explaining MCU Thor's Lightning Cloak - Marvel Cinematic Universe - Comic  Vine

"You waste your gifts running errands for them, trying to win their meaningless, endless war. You're not like them anymore."
"So what, I should play at being a god, like you?"
"I am not playing."
  • Like 13

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Bonus Life Goal:  Experiment with the Potion Mastery sub-specialization of my Culinary Alchemy through the liberal consumption of mocktails.

Challenge Inspiration:  Today's (and this challenge''s) inspo comes from a bizarre notion of a Warhammer 40k primarch residing on Marvel's version of Asgard with Outriders' anomaly powers raging about too.  Since my eccentric 40k headcanon features a Thor-like primarch for one of the Lost Legions excommunicated and obliterated by the Emperor for hitherto unknown reasons, and transhuman super soldiers feature heavily in my workout inspo lately, and I found a deadly new Thor wallpaper for my phone, I decided to dream up one of those potential Lost Legions and what had come to pass.  I imagined a truly civilized Viking civilization of the future.  Rather than the rough-and-tumble wolfy mcwolfen Space Wolves, who are little more than the Emperor's lapdogs and his personal executioners, I prefer the idea of a mostly-egalitarian Norse utopia who have harnessed science and magic together without the deep superstition of ancient tribes.  Maybe something like modern Scandinavia dialed up to sci-fi/fantasy 11.  Or basically Marvel's take on Asgard.

With a recent-history discussion with DarK_RaideR having me thinking about the myriad reasons the Imperium of Man isn't a faction worthy of idolization, I found myself daydreaming what might have caused such a rift between the Emperor and not just one, but two, of his genetically engineered super-sons.  That lead to pondering what their initial meeting and consequent exchanges might look like, whether it was outright hostile or simply a significant difference of opinions between their views toward the universe (my primarch would not abandon warp magic, for example, and would not be eager to embrace a law-filled Imperium nor an Emperor to lord over him), and further what this character might be like.  Ultimately it began to look a lot like author (me) insertion which ended up in more introspection and analysis of life decisions, plans, and lifestyle goals.  Since I've been following Dave Lipson's ThundrBro program and ordered one of their shirts and a flag for the Sanctum, the idea of thunder and lightning (and storms) as thematic elements has resonated strongly of late.  Of course it also helps that Thor is acted out by the massive Chris Hemsworth who has been a significant fitspiration for some time now, and that most 40k characters are absurdly fit owing to their genetic engineering origins.  However this also has me thinking about where my little family should move to (obviously mountains playing a major part in the decision), future employment potential, and even down to the type of gym gear I'll be needing in the days to come.

TL,DR: This challenge is the outcome of my personal pursuit of perfection and the above esoteric pondering.

Reserved for weekly updates.

Week 5:

Week 0:

Week 1:

Week 2:

Week 3:

Week 4:

Week 5:

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

ungos_spiritfall-quick-item-sekiro-wiki-  [Havoc Ex Machina™ Quest Log]

Challenge Journal:  Date of 07.6.21

Weight:  210.8 lbs.

Jumping the gun a bit here but coming in after Vacation Week, and having been misled into thinking today was the start of Week Zero, I was prepped and ready (mentally and literally, in the case of having my challenge updated) to kick things off anew this week.  So kick things off, early or not, I shall 💪

Last challenge was repairing some weight gain from a couple months of negligence while rebuilding exercise consistency.  I managed to re-stabilize my weight and get into a weight lifting Push/Pull/Legs routine.  I'm going to keep that going, hopefully with Muay Thai cardio on the weekends, and increase daily step mileage now that we have Fitbits to keep an eye on that, and keep an eye on daily vegetable intake plus calorie compliance.

All in all I'm feeling really good about the physical aspect of my goals and trusting the mental game will ebb and flow but mostly fall in line as well...

Let's get after it.

May be an image of 2 people

Turning my Maui into Aquaman!  I think that fairly accurately summarizes my mentality and inspiration for today's #MomoaMonday update 💪

[Cover is for Cowards]  ☑☐☐☐☐☐☐
Steps:  5.8k today already.
[Powers on Tap]  Kinetic_damage_icon.pngkinetic opaque.pngkinetic opaque.pngkinetic opaque.pngkinetic opaque.pngkinetic opaque.png
Workouts: Sipping pre-workout before Push 1 as we speak.
[Think Aggressively]  ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐
Yoga:  Battle Rezzing this goal today.
[Kill to Heal]   ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐
Nutrition:  Today's carrot cake waffles were magnificent btw.
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, milythael said:

No fair, I want carrot cake waffles. Nice update, by the way. 

They are So. Damn. Good. that they've become my daily pre-workout meal.  Tons of protein, moderate carb, low fat and loaded with flavor to keep me full and energetic for hours!

• Like 2

Thought you might appreciate this:
7f_aquamanwetthor00.jpg

You know I'm here to follow :) 

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

17 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Thought you might appreciate this:

You know I'm here to follow :) 

How did I not know this existed?  Reminds me of our Dry Aquaman/Wet Thor discussion some years back ;) 

I also found this just now:

Here's What Will Happen When Aquaman & Thor Switch Actors

As if the water wasn't muddy enough 🤣

btw I would kill for a Thor/Aquaman buddy cop movie.

While we're at it, here's some Tuesday fitspo for y'all...

Is Aquaman basically 'wet Thor'? | News & Features | Cinema Online

#boom

• Like 6

On 6/7/2021 at 1:49 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Challenge Inspiration:  Today's (and this challenge''s) inspo comes from a bizarre notion of a Warhammer 40k primarch residing on Marvel's version of Asgard with Outriders' anomaly powers raging about too.  Since my eccentric 40k headcanon features a Thor-like primarch for one of the Lost Legions excommunicated and obliterated by the Emperor for hitherto unknown reasons, and transhuman super soldiers feature heavily in my workout inspo lately, and I found a deadly new Thor wallpaper for my phone, I decided to dream up one of those potential Lost Legions and what had come to pass.  I imagined a truly civilized Viking civilization of the future.  Rather than the rough-and-tumble wolfy mcwolfen Space Wolves, who are little more than the Emperor's lapdogs and his personal executioners, I prefer the idea of a mostly-egalitarian Norse utopia who have harnessed science and magic together without the deep superstition of ancient tribes.  Maybe something like modern Scandinavia dialed up to sci-fi/fantasy 11.  Or basically Marvel's take on Asgard.

I prefer your head canon to the space fascists. I shall adopt this myself going forward.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

I have no recollection of life or what day it is at this point... all I know is I was vaccinated and now struggle to exist.

What I am sure of is that my exercise routine remains on track, my nutrition mostly so.  Today is supposed to be Push day and bench press might be an unfortunate casualty of Post-Vaccine Life but we shall see.

21 hours ago, Kishi said:

I prefer your head canon to the space fascists. I shall adopt this myself going forward.

Being a space anarcho-darwinist, I would naturally clash with space fascists.  ;) 

2 hours ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

Following for inspiration!

Glad to have you along!

Inspiration GIFs | Tenor

• Like 6

Challenge Journal:  Date of 11.6.21

This has managed to feel like one of the longest weeks ever.  I got vacci-poked on Wednesday and felt a bit lousy that day (nothing which couldn't be solved through cinnamon buns with cream cheese icing though) and some lousy weather, plus the wife feeling a bit ill, it's really just been a meh week.  So with that in mind, it hasn't been a perfect nutrition week but it also hasn't been a trainwreck, and even on vaccine day I wasn't allowed didn't skip leg day and kept trucking through.

Actually yesterday's Push sesh felt fabulous for the sore vacci-poke site when the lateral raises came up.  These are fast becoming my favorite exercise of all time, although reverse grip barbell rows are way up there too.  Does anyone else kinda sorta dislike bicep isolation work?

Haven't slept well all week either, last night in particular, but I shopped around for a Chili Pad and looked around at other bed cooling systems.  When my tax return shows up, or my motorcycle sells, this is going to be a priority purchase.  Along with some new gym clothes.  Who says home gym dwellers can't look fabulous too?  B) 

Someone tell Alphalete to host a major sale around the 4th of July perhaps.

That said, let's step into the weekend mindset with #FlexFriday.  Just because it's the weekend doesn't mean we stop putting in the work though 💪

Ross Dickerson (@DickersonRoss) | Twitter

Gonna dial it up to 11 and hiit 'em with the #FlexFriday like

[Cover is for Cowards]  ☑☑☑☑☑☐☐
Steps:  Only had one day short of 10k this week.
[Powers on Tap]  Kinetic_damage_icon.pngKinetic_damage_icon.pngKinetic_damage_icon.pngkinetic opaque.pngkinetic opaque.png
Workouts: Gotta hammer the back and bi's for Pull day 2 today.
[Think Aggressively]  ☑☐☐☐☐☐☐
Yoga:  Well he got one in, that's progress 🤷‍♂️
[Kill to Heal]   ☑☑☑☐☐☐☐
Nutrition:  Ordered out and had ice cream yesterday, but otherwise making it work.
  • Like 3

Feeling sick is no fun. Good job staying on track so well.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Challenge Journal:  Date of 13.6.21

Weight: ??? lbs.

Just swinging by for the Week 5/my Week Zero weekly update after posting the newest edition of the 12lbs/12weeks weight-loss PVP.

Considering I was vaccinated and caught the sickies, I did pretty good this week.  Mostly kept my nutrition on track, got 5/6 workouts in, and most importantly rolled with the punches without falling off the wagon.  Anti-fragility of Routine is a hidden bonus goal stemming from consistency, after all.  ;) 

[Cover is for Cowards]  ☑☑☑☑☑☑☑
Steps:  Well over a 10k daily steps average!
[Powers on Tap]  Kinetic_damage_icon.pngKinetic_damage_icon.pngKinetic_damage_icon.pngKinetic_damage_icon.pngKinetic_damage_icon.pngkinetic opaque.png
Workouts: Took Legs 2 (saturday) off to recuperate and an official walking rest day today before starting next week fresh.
Yoga:  No comment...
[Kill to Heal]   ☑☑☑☐☑☑☐
Nutrition:  Today is pending, should be on track, but otherwise a solid week.

On 6/11/2021 at 1:06 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Feeling sick is no fun. Good job staying on track so well.

I think my post-vaccine symptoms were just slow to present because I've had a lousy few days now, with my arm getting gradually more sore towards today.

But that's the price to pay when you're on the immunocompromised spectrum 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well because of the vaccine. I have heard such a huge variety of reactions to it. I just got my second dose today, so fingers crossed that I make it through this round without any issue. I hope you feel better soon!

Glad to hear that you have still managed to maintain consistency with your habits though!

• Like 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice)

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 11 || INT 15 || WIS 16 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

• Rurik Harrgath changed the title to Havoc Ex Machina™: Beyond Human v3.0 - Summertime Storm edition!!
20 minutes ago, Aquarii said:

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well because of the vaccine. I have heard such a huge variety of reactions to it. I just got my second dose today, so fingers crossed that I make it through this round without any issue. I hope you feel better soon!

Glad to hear that you have still managed to maintain consistency with your habits though!

Thank you, friend, and glad to see you stopping by!  I hope your #FeelsTrain is on the mend too, even if it cannot be wholly on the rails (but whose even is really?)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I think my post-vaccine symptoms were just slow to present because I've had a lousy few days now, with my arm getting gradually more sore towards today.

If it helps, high vaccine reaction is a sign your immune system is cranked up to high and is going all out to produce immunity.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Totally here for the mocktails.

And of course THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP~

cheers GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

On 6/7/2021 at 1:49 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Explaining MCU Thor's Lightning Cloak - Marvel Cinematic Universe - Comic  Vine

I JUST WATCHED THIS last night...how awesome...this scene still gives me chills...

On 6/7/2021 at 2:26 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:
Nutrition:  Today's carrot cake waffles were magnificent btw.

recipe? (please :D )

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 6/11/2021 at 10:38 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Haven't slept well all week either, last night in particular, but I shopped around for a Chili Pad and looked around at other bed cooling systems.  When my tax return shows up, or my motorcycle sells, this is going to be a priority purchase.  Along with some new gym clothes.  Who says home gym dwellers can't look fabulous too?  B) 

We have a ChiliPad.  My husband loves it.  Me not so much.  Are you having troubles with temperatures at night?

• Like 1

Rangering since Sept 2015

6 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Yoga:  No comment...

Meatball and Felix would like to let you know they are very disappointed and would very much like for you to show up to yoga this next week. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 8.59.31 PM.png

• Like 3
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
22 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

If it helps, high vaccine reaction is a sign your immune system is cranked up to high and is going all out to produce immunity.

I'll log that one right at the top of my list beside "Superpower: poison ivy immunity" 🤣

But, actually, all things considered, it doesn't sound like it hit me any worse than anyone else.  If anything it seemed relatively minor compared to what I expected, so I wonder if that means round two will be any better or worse!

20 hours ago, shaar said:

Totally here for the mocktails.

And of course THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP~

We've been having diet ginger ale with 10-cal cranberry juice as our daily 'health potion' at dinner for months now but I want to diversify.  So last night I did crushed ice with tropical juice and a splash of diet ginger.  I'm just warming up!

20 hours ago, RES said:

I JUST WATCHED THIS last night...how awesome...this scene still gives me chills...

recipe? (please :D )

I had to rewatch both of the Endgames just for Thor's scenes 🤣

Keep in mind this is still a work in progress, but...

90g shredded/diced/minced/grated carrots (smaller the better)

1 egg

100g sweet potato

20g gluten-free pancake mix

Splash of cashew milk

Dash of baking powder

30g vanilla protein powder (one serving)

Mix dry ingredients, splash milk substitute, add water if necessary until pancake batter consistency.  Alternatives would be adding some peanut or almond butter for some fat to help prevent sticking (or my waffle iron is just old AF).  Recently I've been adding 80g frozen blueberries too.

Then I make an 'icing' of 60g vanilla Greek yogurt, splash of vanilla extract, and generous dollop of Waldon Farms zero-cal walnut mayple syrup and a packet of stevia.

I've also substituted sweet potato for oats in my evening protein cookies too!  I found I get a lot more volume and flavor (also nutrients to calorie value) with the sweet potato than quick oats.  It's been a game changer!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Marauder said:

Hello there.

and Mocktails.  Yes please!  I've recently stopped drinking alcohol.  I'd love to hear more!!

Long time no see!  Glad to see your face (username) again!

I probably have about 6 pints of craft beer per year but I enjoy having a 'fun' beverage with dinner so that's been the experiment.  I'm definitely going to experiment with zero-cal Moscow Mules this weekend too!

19 hours ago, Marauder said:

We have a ChiliPad.  My husband loves it.  Me not so much.  Are you having troubles with temperatures at night?

I am having mega troubles with temperatures, and my mattress is relatively new with supposed 'cooling technology.'  It's rarely the top cover microwaving me, and with some further research, that ChiliPad is really looking like a necessary adaptation.  Further thoughts by chance?

16 hours ago, spezzy said:

Meatball and Felix would like to let you know they are very disappointed and would very much like for you to show up to yoga this next week. 

I cannot stand to further disappoint them.  Thank you, this is the real motivation I needed.

• Like 2

Challenge Journal:  Date of 14.6.21

It's the 'official start' of the new challenge (and Week Two for mine) but I weighed in at the same weight as last week which is neither a win nor a loss.  Overall I'm feeling a bit learner in general though so I think I'm gonna take the time to measure my waist and take some new progress photos even if I'm not seeing anything just yet.  It sounds like my household is resolved to really take health seriously again for a while so that can only benefit both of our respective goal-sets.

Other than that, I just really wanted to show up for #MomoaMonday ;)

Let's get after it this week, nerds!

#jason momoa from JUSTICE LEAGUE

Ain't nothing but good vibes during Week Zero of a new challenge B)

[Cover is for Cowards]  ☑☐☐☐☐☐☐
Steps:  5k today already.
[Powers on Tap]  Kinetic_damage_icon.pngkinetic opaque.pngkinetic opaque.pngkinetic opaque.pngkinetic opaque.pngkinetic opaque.png
Workouts: Push 1 is in the bag.
[Think Aggressively]  ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐
Yoga:  Battle Rezzing this goal today... I hope.
[Kill to Heal]   ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐
Nutrition:  My mom paid us a visit to help with yardwork and treated us to lunch.  I got a chicken with apple & brie panini, veggie sticks on the side :D 
  • Like 5

• Rurik Harrgath changed the title to Havoc Ex Machina™: Beyond Human v3.0 - Thunderbro edition!