Seven Years

It’s been seven years since my last update. Check it out below. 

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/47804-im-back/

I’m 44 now and I’ve risen to the position of manager at a local iron works. I also run a welding art studio out of my garage, along with my wife. My two young boys have grown into fine young men. The eldest is about to start high school!

Sadly, my fitness took a back seat for these last seven years. I’m not completely starting over but it sure feels like it. Yesterday my eldest saw me with my shirt off and said “You look a little like Fat Thor.”  Ouch. 

Fortunately I have my wonderful wife to keep me company this time.  Together we are embarking on a journey that I’m sure will allow us both to feel better about ourselves and set a good example for our kids. 

I just wanted to pop my head up to say hello and to remind everyone that it’s never too late to get back in the horse!

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1
On 6/9/2021 at 7:07 PM, XSanguinus said:

Sadly, my fitness took a back seat for these last seven years. I’m not completely starting over but it sure feels like it. Yesterday my eldest saw me with my shirt off and said “You look a little like Fat Thor.”  Ouch. 

Fortunately I have my wonderful wife to keep me company this time.  Together we are embarking on a journey that I’m sure will allow us both to feel better about ourselves and set a good example for our kids.

Fat Thor was pretty cool, so it could be worse. But it's awesome that you're all going to start again and take care of your fitness together.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru