Deffy Stays High - Deftona's Fantasy Summer (Hot Girl Summer Part 2) - Deffy #70

Deffy Stays High:

Deftona's Fantasy Summer

I love summer. I love all seasons, but summer especially. Like literally every person in this world I haven't had a proper summer for a couple of years, and I won't get one this year. So I am going to retreat into what I call my inner life (I actually live a lot of my life in my inner life) and have an imaginary, fantasy summer. 

Wheres The Beach GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

And when you think about it, a lot of bonus summer things are happening. It's now very warm and an international football competition starts tomorrow and it doesn't get much more summer than that. Except holidays. I probably won't have a holiday this year. I'm holding out a glimmer of hope that maybe I can have one later in the year but it definitely won't be to Cambodia which is where we'd hoped to go this year after our plans for last year were rudely interrupted by something. I can't remember what. 

But nothing can stop me from having an imaginary holiday, and I have been wanting a pool or a hot tub for the garden for a while and I finally convinced TH that it's a good idea, mostly by saying "how awesome would it be if we could bring the spare TV outside and watch the Euros in the pool with beers?" and ladies and gentlemen, that done convinced him. So I hope to research it over the next couple of days and get one. A hot tub would definitely help my sore back too, wouldn't it. 

So goals! 

I still want to lose those 25 lbs because there are loads of awesome clothes I have locked in my attic until I can look good in them again and I want to get them back down. I haven't made a great deal of progress on that 25 lbs but I am more focused now than I have been, particularly as I have a glimmer of hope to return to activity and work. I don't know the timeframe of all this but I hope it's soon.  To lose weight I will:

Eat to calorie goal

Do What's Best for the back. It will be rehab. It might be walking. It might be core exercises. There is no way to know today what will be best for me in 6 weeks so it really is a tentative experimental thing.

Eat 5 portions of freggies every day

I also want to focus on my appearance. Grandstanding on the beach like I'm on a gap yah, dahling. 

Skin care! 

Drink 8 glasses of water

Work on my tan

Light booty training for Sisco. 

Thong Song GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

And I am also going to:

Stay High

rgLm4mm.png

I do love me some drugs, and where better to get them from than my own endocrine system. Because then I know that shit hasn't been cut with icing sugar or some bullshit. So I want to get one activity from each section per day so I am a walking natural pharmacy for myself to feast on. I'm going to stay high. All the time.

The goals in bold nonitalics (it's a word) are the goals that will make up the 7 that determine how much of the £100 I can spend on myself or needs to go on the mortgage. 

Bonus goals include: reading as I am excitingly close to my yearly Goodreads goal, finish Valhalla and find a new game to live in as part of my fantasy summer, and maybe something else if I can think of it. I have an idea for weekly overarching themes but I haven't decided yet if I want to go with it or not. 

All of this will be bundled up with a soundtrack of excellent summer choons for your listening pleasure. The kind of tunes they play by the adults only infinity pool on European holidays. 

Hawaiian Sunset

New challenge..... go! 

• Like 10

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Hot tubs are awesome! They can be especially helpful therapeutically with soreness and pain.

Your talk of imaginary summer reminds me of something I read in a compilation of letters C.S. Lewis wrote to fans, which I am most likely paraphrasing since I read it several years ago: "In Britain we only get summer about every seven years."

I hope one year you get to come have a Texas summer, complete with hangouts, grilling, BBQ, breakfast Tacos, and Texas Craft Beer (we would absolutely take a day trip to Shiner, TX).

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

• deftona changed the title to Deffy Stays High - Deftona's Fantasy Summer (Hot Girl Summer Part 2) - Deffy #70

I love that bit about getting off all the brain drugs. 

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Spot Reduce [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I am not sure if I'm more excited about the hot tub or the staying high goal.  I think that's a great infographic.  I might have to save a copy of it for future reference.

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

On 6/10/2021 at 2:58 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Your talk of imaginary summer reminds me of something I read in a compilation of letters C.S. Lewis wrote to fans, which I am most likely paraphrasing since I read it several years ago: "In Britain we only get summer about every seven years."

Ah but that was before the days of global warming! It's hot as balls here most summers now. 

14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I love that bit about getting off all the brain drugs. 

I'm a sucker for a good natural high. 

1 hour ago, PaulG said:

Who doesn't love a good brain drug?

Follerin'!

Brain drugs for everyone! #VoteForDeffy

1 hour ago, Shello said:

I am not sure if I'm more excited about the hot tub or the staying high goal.  I think that's a great infographic.  I might have to save a copy of it for future reference.

Ack there might be bad news on the hot tub. Because the one we want weighs 70 kgs and I have no idea how we would assemble that given I can't lift anything or bend down :( 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, deftona said:

Ack there might be bad news on the hot tub. Because the one we want weighs 70 kgs and I have no idea how we would assemble that given I can't lift anything or bend down :( 

That is very sad news.  Is there a place you can purchase and include a fee for assembly?  I think in this case it's certainly worth it.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

3 hours ago, deftona said:

There's a thing over here called "Beer equity" where buddies will work for beer on their friend's projects.

There's also "sweat equity" where the sweat a buddy puts in on your project can come due on one of theirs.

• Like 5

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

There's a thing over here called "Beer equity" where buddies will work for beer on their friend's projects.

There's also "sweat equity" where the sweat a buddy puts in on your project can come due on one of theirs.

Where I come from it's beer and pizza, and it's naturally assumed you'll help them at some point and they will provide beer and pizza :D 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

38 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Where I come from it's beer and pizza, and it's naturally assumed you'll help them at some point and they will provide beer and pizza :D 

Protip: You can supervise and are in charge of the amount of beer and that should be chosen wisely. My Aunt wouldn't have been living with straightly cut and neatly placed tiles at the front door, and crooked cuts and gaps by the time you got to her kitchen had she known better. You could have made a plot of BAL against average gap width or degrees of deviation from perpendicularity in that hallway.

• Wow 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

9 hours ago, Shello said:

That is very sad news.  Is there a place you can purchase and include a fee for assembly?  I think in this case it's certainly worth it.  

I think if we were getting a proper hot tub installed, (and the plan is to do that eventually) then definitely but we need to do too much work done in the garden to prep a space for it. So we were going to just get one of those inflatable ones for now and I doubt anywhere would help us with that. 

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good point, but I want it done today (or preferably yesterday as we have this week off as AL) and there's noone I could ask this short notice. 

4 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Following along, Deffy and I like your goals. I got your back!

I'll see myself out.

Hehehe welcome! 

4 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

Protip: You can supervise and are in charge of the amount of beer and that should be chosen wisely. My Aunt wouldn't have been living with straightly cut and neatly placed tiles at the front door, and crooked cuts and gaps by the time you got to her kitchen had she known better. You could have made a plot of BAL against average gap width or degrees of deviation from perpendicularity in that hallway.

More beer = higher standard of work. Got it! 

• Like 4

Sunday Update

Summer Song of the Day

It was a really hot day again yesterday so we dealt with my stinky bush before it got too hot and there was too much people traffic. We live on a main road but we are raised off the road by around 6 feet and have tall bushes at the front edge of the property but we noticed the other day it's all browning across the front and it's losing leaves. It also smells like something has died. I'm pretty sure there's a whitefly infestation so we sprayed it with a natural bug killer - washing up liquid and lemon juice and I am hoping that saves it because I really don't want to lose the bush. In a couple of days I am going to buy a ladybird house and some ladybird larvae, set up the house right next to the bush, FACING IT, and sprinkle the larvae inside the bush and hope they go to town on it. 

We went to my parents house after where my mom was upset about her dealings with the government so TH is on the case now. I have never known him lose a case against a company so I have faith things will be put right and she can relax a bit. We got home and put on the England game and opened the bar and we won which is always nice. 

I spent the afternoon doing adult things like shopping for a new gas and electricity fix because ours is coming up to renewal. Rock n roll, eh? In the evening we ordered Chinese food. 

I have been gaining weight over the last two weeks even though I have been very careful with my calories and I didn't quite understand it until I researched it properly and two of my four meds are linked to weight gain - one in particular. I have also felt incredibly bloated for a few weeks and just really uncomfortable and it's not linked to food or drink intake so I am going to restart the fasting and drop my calories to try and counter this and hope it makes a difference. If not I am just have to accept it but I'm not happy about it. 

Goals nailed yesterday - 2/7 but I was marking myself under the old rules. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, deftona said:

Brain drugs for everyone! #VoteForDeffy

You've got my vote! Love that goal. 

Also applaud your method of plant care / bug killing :)

I scrolled through your last challenge a little bit 'cause I wanted to find out how your back is doing- seems a little better but not stellar? I think I missed the results from your MRI (and other tests?), may I ask? 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

5 hours ago, deftona said:

two of my four meds are linked to weight gain

You've had terrible luck with this over the years.  I recall a previous med from a few years back also causing similar problems.  I would say you are properly due for a big old spot of good luck right about now.

• Thanks 1

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Spot Reduce [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

6 hours ago, deftona said:

It was a really hot day again yesterday so we dealt with my stinky bush before it got too hot and there was too much people traffic.

This makes a lot more sense after reading the explanatory text which followed :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Level 2 Ninja

48 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

I scrolled through your last challenge a little bit 'cause I wanted to find out how your back is doing- seems a little better but not stellar? I think I missed the results from your MRI (and other tests?), may I ask? 

It's definitely better than it was but I'm not right yet. The official diagnoses from the MRI is  a benign tumour on my thoracic spine, a bulging disc on my cervical spine, and arthritis and two prolapsed discs, one above the other, on my lumbar spine. One of the prolapsed discs is pretty bad and pressing on my nerves and there is inflammation on the nerves too. I've been told to continue to rest and I have some very gentle rehab exercises to do. If it doesn't improve on it's own then I'll need surgery but I am very much hoping I don't get to that. 

13 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

You've had terrible luck with this over the years.  I recall a previous med from a few years back also causing similar problems.  I would say you are properly due for a big old spot of good luck right about now.

Yes, and I hadn't finished losing the additional weight from that before I started gaining weight from the first prolapsed disc 😂 None of my clothes fit me now though so it's do or die.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

This makes a lot more sense after reading the explanatory text which followed :D 

You've got to deal with a stinky bush before it starts affecting the neighbours. That's my advice. 

• Like 1

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b8nj9t8nhqvtogpnradl

• Haha 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] <--Current Challenge

On 6/10/2021 at 8:32 AM, deftona said:

A hot tub would definitely help my sore back too, wouldn't it. 

100% yes. You should get one on prescription really.

In all seriousness, knowing what a big fan of baths you are I'm surprised it's taken you this long to decide to get one.

7 hours ago, deftona said:

You've got to deal with a stinky bush before it starts affecting the neighbours. That's my advice. 

As well as Cooking with Lucha Deffy, you should really start an advice column.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

On 6/10/2021 at 3:32 AM, deftona said:

I do love me some drugs

I should probably learn more about happy brain drugs, considering that mine are perpetually off-kilter.

Good goals; happy challenge!

• Thanks 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

42 minutes ago, Jarric said:

100% yes. You should get one on prescription really.

In all seriousness, knowing what a big fan of baths you are I'm surprised it's taken you this long to decide to get one.

I know, it's right up my street innit. The main reservation I have is that you have to leave them on all the time, even if they're not in use, because if you don't it takes too long to get up to temperature and they're not the quietest things in the world. That's the only thing that has been holding me back. 

43 minutes ago, Jarric said:

As well as Cooking with Lucha Deffy, you should really start an advice column.

Argh I'd love to do this! Maybe I should start now, DEAR DEFTONA... 

19 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I should probably learn more about happy brain drugs, considering that mine are perpetually off-kilter.

Good goals; happy challenge!

As a committed hedonist I don't tend to have problems soaking in the brain drugs but I'm always looking for ways to add more pleasantness into my life. And I recommend you do the same!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, deftona said:

It's definitely better than it was but I'm not right yet. The official diagnoses from the MRI is  a benign tumour on my thoracic spine, a bulging disc on my cervical spine, and arthritis and two prolapsed discs, one above the other, on my lumbar spine. One of the prolapsed discs is pretty bad and pressing on my nerves and there is inflammation on the nerves too. I've been told to continue to rest and I have some very gentle rehab exercises to do. If it doesn't improve on it's own then I'll need surgery but I am very much hoping I don't get to that. 

That's a lot of things..  I have seen a lot of herniated discs improve dramatically or just go away completely with gentle rehab exercise, never seen 3 at a time but it's still a hopeful precedent? Any idea how it got that bad? just really bad luck? 

You cheering for England btw? 

@sarakingdomI spend a bit of time looking for an appropriate dutch football song to share but.. I just can't... it's too embarrassing.. the music will make your ears bleed and the videos are just tooo.. ladies butts.