Deffy Stays High - Deftona's Fantasy Summer (Hot Girl Summer Part 2) - Deffy #70

6 hours ago, deftona said:

so obsessed with a game you start dreaming about it

I just restarted Breath of the Wild, and I expect to start having dreams about it soon.

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

7 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I just restarted Breath of the Wild, and I expect to start having dreams about it soon.

I played that a bit in January but I couldn't get into it which surprised me because I love Zelda games. I'll give it another shot at some point. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

3 hours ago, deftona said:

I played that a bit in January but I couldn't get into it which surprised me because I love Zelda games. I'll give it another shot at some point. 

I play it in spurts.  I got it a couple birthdays ago, and at first I hated it so hard.  but it's oddly relaxing too? So I keep playing it?  but there are aspects I still scream "EFF THIS NOISE!" 

I loved playing Link's Awakening. Lil' Dude is so stinking cute. 

I often dream about games I play! For a while I was playing sudoku all the time, and I would dream that there were sudoku puzzles over the dream I was having and some of my dream people got really annoyed by that.   :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I loved playing Link's Awakening. Lil' Dude is so stinking cute. 

I don't know if I have played this one either. I'll have a look and see! 

• Like 1

Wednesday Update

Another day spent relaxing and playing Tropico. I fasted for 18 hours and I really struggled with this one because I made TH an amazing bagel for his lunch and as he was sitting there eating it my mouth was watering so much. I have called it the Lou Pork bagel because it's sort of a New Yorker but with ham instead of pastrami - ham, emmenthal cheese, tomato chutney, sour cream, gherkins and jalapenos on a sourdough bagel. It looked phenomenal. 

We spent the early evening in the pool and I made us another huge salad for dinner, this time with sweet chilli chicken.

luBwByJ.jpg

Last night I had a dream that wasn't at all inspired by Tropico but it was excellent. I dreamt I was Buffy, but the original, shitter Buffy from the movie, but I was also myself (another episode in the saga where I am having dreams from the first person but I'm not actually me. This is a new development and hopefully not a sign of the beginnings of mental illness). There were these demons who I had to kill and they were these hardcore party people, and I killed a bunch of them no problem but I got onto what I knew was the boss's second in command and I just couldn't kill him with any of my weapons - he was indestructible. So I convinced him to settle down with me instead and we were going to kill his boss and live happily ever after together. I'm not sure why I thought if he was indestructible his boss would be any different but we didn't think of that as we were barricading ourselves into an apartment we had taken as our new home together, as the boss gracefully ascended to stairs just kind of gliding up them. His boss soon realised his underlings plan was no longer to kill me and more in the theme of living happily ever after with me, and sent more of his indestructible underlings after us. I ran down to the cellar which is where my weapons cache was and loaded myself up on rocket launchers and shotgun bullets and all that jazz and started shooting them square in the face but it didn't do a damn thing. My new demon boyfriend suggested there was no way to kill them so we had to work out how to live alongside them, and we ran out of the apartment building onto the car park into the dawn and just saw hundreds of the hobbling towards us. And I woke up. 

I really hope I dream the sequel soon to see how I get myself out of it because I don't think I can convince them all to marry me. 

Anyway, 6/7 goals nailed. Just the calories goal which was under what I want to change it to on Saturday. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Thursday Update

I spent all of yesterday in front of Tropico and I don't care. I made TH lunch but fasted myself, but when it was time to break my fast I had myself one of those Lou Pork bagel things I made him the day before and it was excellent, but too much food probably. I only really eat one meal a day and that's at dinner - I usually just break my fast with salad and protein, a smoothie or fruit and yoghurt. . Dinner was a teriyaki chicken stir fry with egg fried rice. The rice was one of those microwave deals because I didn't want to have to turn the hob on, but even just having the hob on to do the chicken and stir fry was too much and I was so freaking hot.

g72tl2O.jpg

We took the cat outside in the evening so we could all cool down - she's spending her days in the guest room lying on the floor looking miserable and I don't know why because the upstairs of my house is definitely hotter than the downstairs which has stone floors throughout. I guess she must know what she's doing? We have put a bowl of water in that room for her to make sure she's drinking enough. 

In the evening TH got a bit worked up about something he is having a meeting about today and although we were trying to watch Drag Race he couldn't focus so I recommended he just do what he needed to do to settle his mind down and he booted up his work laptop at 11pm to run some reports. It worked, he slept much better being less stressed and while he did that I played Tropico again. 

I slept a bit better last night because I put my hot water bottle in the fridge. It's one of those long and thin ones and I wrapped it around myself and it really helped. 

6/7 again. Calories nicely in the new range but I still get a fail for it until the new challenge. Which I need to write out, thinking about it. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Fixing someone such a nice bagel while fasting yourself is definitely true love. 

What can I say, I'm a total catch 

Thumbs Up GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 1

Friday Update

I took TH in to work in the morning and when I got back I pottered around the house to assuage my guilt for sitting on my arse all day playing video games with my friend while TH was working his arse off. 

It was Gaming with Whiteghost day and the week before we had downloaded a few games to play together and when our mini golf game wouldn't work we played Worms WMD instead. We tried to just wade right in and start playing multiplayer but Whiteghost had never played a Worms game before and I haven't played one for at least 20 years so after crapping out entirely we decided to back up a little bit and play the tutorials on our own, chatting with each other, before coming back together when we actually knew what we were doing. It was a good idea and we had so much fun. We spent most of the gaming session blowing ourselves up but it was hilarious. 

When Whiteghost disappeared I booted up Tropico and played that until I had to leave to pick TH up. A giant bird had shat all over my windscreen and my wipers/screenwash was utterly insufficient for the job so I had to scrape it off and clean the windscreen properly which made me late as I had to swing by my parent's house on the way to drop off one of TH's jumpers so my mom could measure it for the jumper she is knitting him for Christmas because I have lost all my tape measures which would really help when I have to measure my body at the end of the month. I have no idea where I could have put that...

We went to Morrisons in the evening to buy some salad stuff like artichoke hearts to pimp up our dinner. I really need to stop shopping for food because my cupboards are bursting and I can't fit anything else in my freezers. It was a goal to stop shopping and eat down the cupboards instead but I am finding that really hard because it's the only place I am going these days so it's my only way to get out of the house. I need to stop it though, I have enough food to see me through at least 3 months I reckon. Also I have cash in my purse for the first time in ages. It's not a lot, but it's enough to keep us topped up with fresh essentials like fruit and salad for a month or so if I am super careful. It feels like a challenge like this needs to happen in the next one, however difficult I will find that. 

Dinner was a pimped up salad with coronation chicken.

E54r19F.jpg

and I fasted for 18 hours. It's always harder on Gaming with Whiteghost days and I have no idea why, but I always spend those days counting down the minutes and by the time the 18 hours is up I am STARVNG. 

6/7 again. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, deftona said:

It's always harder on Gaming with Whiteghost days and I have no idea why

Probably because you can subconsciously hear me inhaling snacks on my end 🤣

• Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Spot Reduce [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

27 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Probably because you can subconsciously hear me inhaling snacks on my end 🤣

Them honey roasted cashews tho

Mmmm GIF | Gfycat

• Like 1

I have a hard time with stir fry.  The meat is usually good, but I can't get the veg.  Mine usually comes out a bit soggy.

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I have a hard time with stir fry.  The meat is usually good, but I can't get the veg.  Mine usually comes out a bit soggy.

I actually prefer mine a bit soggy - I don't like stir fries that just taste like a hot salad. Come to the dark side! 

ETA - maybe not soggy exactly but I think we're talking about the same thing - I like the veg to taste properly cooked. 

• Like 3

Saturday Update

We decided to take the pool down in the morning, give it a clean and pack it away for a week or so because the weather has turned a bit cooler which is sad for pool time but it means I can sleep now, and we can actually bear to be close enough to each other to have (non)marital relations. You win some, you lose some. It's going to pick up again at the beginning of August so I am glad we got a pool that is so easy to put up and take down, it's about half an hour to get it up and an hour and a half to get it down and cleaned and away. 

That took us to lunch time so TH made something to eat and I cleaned out the cupboards and made an inventory of all the stuff we have in preparation for my next challenge. The amount of food I have is obscene. And to think I donated some of it to the foodbank...

My back was screaming by this time so I just sat down next to TH who was playing football manager and I played Tropico until dinner time which was spicy chicken burgers. I forgot to get a picture though. 

We didn't do much in the evening, just vegged. 

5/7. Over on cals but not by much and I missed my freggies but it's zero weekend for me. I did still fast which I wasn't going to but I wasn't hungry until about 17 hours in and by that time I thought I might as well wait an hour and nail another goal. For a zero weekend it's a brilliant result but I am not going to go off my plan for the sake of it when I don't really want to. 

• Like 3