The Roadside Inn: General Chatter

20 hours ago, Capt Frost said:

Does no one drink iced coffee?? Just brew it a little extra strong and throw it over ice. 

I make iced coffee all the time 👌 My go to is an aeropress recipe, 1:8 coffee grounds to water, pressed into a cold mason jar filled with ice (for a 1:16 ratio, were all the ice to melt)

The best thing, in addition to be cold during the long and hot summer, is that it doesn't get cold when I drink it too slowly. 😁

30 minutes ago, Maigs said:

Is it the lactose or just dairy in general? Hub's is lactose intolerant and milk is especially hard on him but we recently found this and it tastes good and he had no bad reaction

unfortunately it's the protein in cow's milk for me, but still thank you very much for sharing :)

• Sad 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

40 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Can the bartender magically make me able to tolerate dairy so I can drink ice cold chocolate milk? 

Yumm, as a fellow sufferer of being unable to tolerate dairy, I'd say yes. Actually, I think I'm  going to  order a chocolate milkshake.  All the chocolaty, dairy deliciousness

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Can I have a rakia neat and a glass of ice on the side?  And maybe a pitcher of water so cold it might freeze in the pitcher if it stops moving?

• Like 4

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

19 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

For those who want to join in the Star Trek II, III, and IV rewatch:

<-is intrigued.  Have also never seen the movies, which is a travesty.

• Like 1

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford

"The older I get, the more I understand that the only way to say valuable things is to lose your fear of being correct." -Malcolm Gladwell

3 hours ago, theflyingaccountant said:

That is a sad thing. They're streaming on Amazon Prime Video, if you want to join in.

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Jumping in here slightly late, despite getting my challenge up as soon as the forums were up. :)

I will have a glass of water, because I'm trying to drink lots more water this challenge.  Hopefully I can get not being dehydrated to stick for real, this time.

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

21 hours ago, theflyingaccountant said:

Obviously this means you need to joins us. Resistance is futile.

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

19 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

That is a sad thing. They're streaming on Amazon Prime Video, if you want to join in.

That...complicates matters as I've kicked Amazon Prime to the curb in our last round of Cut All The Non-Essential Expenses. Buut, I think I can get creative and figure something out.

Edit: Oh, $2.99 to rent? Psh, no prob. That's literally $0.99 more than it cost me to rent Super Nintendo games when I was a kid.

• Like 1

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford

"The older I get, the more I understand that the only way to say valuable things is to lose your fear of being correct." -Malcolm Gladwell

Cheetah saunters in and sits quietly in a chair.  He takes out a thick book and asks the bartender for a drink that will pair well with western moral philosophy.  Something spicy and nutty, perhaps.

• Like 2

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

*furtively darts to a secluded corner* I will take something extremely delicious, but horribly alcoholic. If it contains absinthe, all the better. I'm in a mood lately. *pops some cash into the electronic table jukebox and plays something folky, angry, but energetic. Something good for running like a wild thing* 

Now Playing: Highway Queen by Nikki Lane

• Like 3

Current Challenge : Ohlemontine Grindin'

str    ??  |   dex  ??  |   sta   ??  |  con  ??  |    wis  ??  |  cha  ?? 

Mistry  |  Level 1  |  Assassin  |  Half-Elf 

On 6/20/2021 at 1:43 AM, sarakingdom said:

For those who want to join in the Star Trek II, III, and IV rewatch:

Today is Wrath of Khan day, guys. Time to make the popcorn, the spoiler embargo on Wrath of Khan lifts in one hour. Go watch and discuss.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

4 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Today is Wrath of Khan day, guys. Time to make the popcorn, the spoiler embargo on Wrath of Khan lifts in one hour. Go watch and discuss.

This is just to give us something to do, isn't it?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

57 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is just to give us something to do, isn't it?

I don't believe in no-win scenarios.

• Like 1

Hey barkeep? Can I get a dragon drink? Please?

I just dropped half of mine, and I am way sad about it. Like, to the point of considering going out to get another one. ☹️ I shouldn't be that upset about it, but I am.

I have also learned that I need to take a second trip for the drink(s) when I'm bringing things up to the apartment. I don't think I've successfully managed to bring a drink or drinks up with me if I am carrying anything  else since we moved in! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)