Marauder, Let's call it a comeback!

11 hours ago, Marauder said:

Monday was a work day so not much was done other than reading. Today I did a 30 min ride. It was challenging and felt pretty good. I was mostly able to keep up with the instructors cadence and resistance call outs. This is a pretty decent improvement for me.   New heart rate monitor works wonderfully.  

Well well well, didn't you just come back with all of the grit and determination!  B) 

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

23 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Wow. Congratulations on your daughter’s graduation.  

thanks so much!  She worked very hard and rocked it!  Very proud!

12 hours ago, Terra said:

Good adjustment! 

I hear ya about time flying.  Both my girls will be in high school this fall.  

no way!!! Your youngest can’t be that old yet!!!

11 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Well well well, didn't you just come back with all of the grit and determination!  B) 

LOL   Thanks but…

well… today was a flop.  Woke up with plans to workout right away but life decided other things were on tap.  Discovered, as I went to grab my workout clothes from the drying rack, that the sprinkler was still running about an hour after it was supposed to shut off.  Could not turn it off without shutting off the water to it.  Valve box was covered in some out of control weedy vine, so started tearing that out to get to it and found some leaking sprinkler thing I know not what to do with.  Went inside to have a break and spilled my coffee on the carpet and remembered we needed a new carpet cleaner and headed out to grab one and the day just went downhill from there.  By the end of the day 3 of the 4 adults in the house were emotionally wrecked over cancelled puppy plans. 

someone spread on the butter because im toast.  

tomorrow is a new day.  I now have no new puppy to prepare for so at least I’ll have the time to get some actual things done!!  

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Rangering since Sept 2015

9 hours ago, Marauder said:

well… today was a flop.  Woke up with plans to workout right away but life decided other things were on tap.  Discovered, as I went to grab my workout clothes from the drying rack, that the sprinkler was still running about an hour after it was supposed to shut off.  Could not turn it off without shutting off the water to it.  Valve box was covered in some out of control weedy vine, so started tearing that out to get to it and found some leaking sprinkler thing I know not what to do with.  Went inside to have a break and spilled my coffee on the carpet and remembered we needed a new carpet cleaner and headed out to grab one and the day just went downhill from there.  By the end of the day 3 of the 4 adults in the house were emotionally wrecked over cancelled puppy plans. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

12 hours ago, Marauder said:

someone spread on the butter because im toast.  

1. I love this line and am 100% sticking it in my back pocket. 2. I'm sorry your day decided to bully you with unexpected madness.  I hope the rest of your week gets better!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

awwwww so cute!!!

• Like 1

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

OMG!! Adorable!!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: Keeps on Moving

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 62

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

6 hours ago, Maigs said:

Aww, Eddie is adorable! Does he have multi-colored eyes?

yes!  One green and one green and blue. 

thanks everyone!!! and having a new puppy is a great workout. I’ve used muscles I forgot I had. 😂

• Like 3

Those eyes!!!

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Thanks everyone. Holy cow am I tired.  Getting up several times a night is a killer.   To sum up last week….

2/3 rides done

2/3 workouts done

5/7 reading done

i kept trying to read some this evening but kept nodding off with a puppy loose in the house. Ack!!

hopefully can get into more of a routine this week with everything.  

• Like 6

That's a pretty solid week, especially with the introduction of a new family member!!

• Like 1

Blargh, it's Wednesday already?  Yikes! Puppies take up so much energy.  I think I'll be lucky to even partially complete the next few weeks.  I need to figure out a situation where I can ride my bike and workout safely.  This little man is my shadow.  A shadow with sharp little teeth and paws!

1/3 bike rides

1/3 workouts

3/7 reading (puppy training book.  🤣 )

Wish me luck!

• Like 3

I love Eddie so much, what a cutie!!!  CONGRATS! ❤️ 

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

On 7/7/2021 at 2:33 PM, Terra said:

Congratulations! Eddie is adorable!  It will take time but I bet he becomes an amazing workout partner.  

Thanks!  So far, he has me doing lots of work on hands and knees with a scrubbing motion.  😝  It's a good thing he's so cute!

On 7/7/2021 at 4:19 PM, shaar said:

I love Eddie so much, what a cutie!!!  CONGRATS! ❤️ 

Thanks so much!!  We think he's a cutie too!

Today we finally got our sprinkler problem fixed.  I'd forgotten how much work it is to water the lawn manually.  It's been out for a week (and new puppy week at that!).   I can now set it and forget it.  Bliss!  It's been over or near 100 degs here for most of that week too and things are suffering.  I've lost several of my new perennials in the process.  Boo!  

This week has been the first BLTs of the season.  j

Comedy Central Eating GIF by Inside Amy Schumer

Honestly, there is nothing like a fresh garden tomato sandwich. 

My son got his first job and this is his first real week at work.  He had to get up at 8 am and let me tell you the sky was falling over that.   :D

Otherwise, things have been pretty much the same, waking up a few times at night with the puppers, lots of house training trips outside, less cleaning up of house training oops inside, and still lots of being used as a chew toy.   Eddie's first vet visit is tomorrow.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Marauder said:

My son got his first job and this is his first real week at work.  He had to get up at 8 am and let me tell you the sky was falling over that.   

My husband is the same way.  I have to sick dogs on him and rip covers off and all that jazz.

14 hours ago, Marauder said:

This week has been the first BLTs of the season.

Yum!  Sounds AMAZING 

20 hours ago, Marauder said:

Honestly, there is nothing like a fresh garden tomato sandwich. 

I've never been big on tomatoes, but as a kid I loved fresh garden spinach & mayo sandwiches. And fresh peas right out of the garden. 

I really need to figure out where my veggie garden is gonna go and a plan to actually, you know, garden :P 

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I feel like @DJtrippyT might want to jump on board here, since she also recently got a dog to go with her cats.

Ha. I was just coming here to moan and whine. Puppies suck. Everyone here loves him but I have to do all the work and I’m the one he bites and humps. I’m pretty over him at the moment.  It may be one of the only times I’ve ever wished I didn’t work at home.  No working out has happened. No work has happened.   It’s miserable. 

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Marauder said:

Ha. I was just coming here to moan and whine. Puppies suck. Everyone here loves him but I have to do all the work and I’m the one he bites and humps. I’m pretty over him at the moment.  It may be one of the only times I’ve ever wished I didn’t work at home.  No working out has happened. No work has happened.   It’s miserable. 

Keep these updates coming! I started getting a little puppy crazy and my boss just brought home an adorable Bernadoodle and need reminded that puppies are work and I am not ready for that kind of additional work until at least next spring

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Maigs said:

Keep these updates coming! I started getting a little puppy crazy and my boss just brought home an adorable Bernadoodle and need reminded that puppies are work and I am not ready for that kind of additional work until at least next spring

Did I mention puppy biting? And heel nipping?  We have all the puppy deterrence happening here!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Marauder said:

Everyone here loves him but I have to do all the work and I’m the one he bites and humps. I’m pretty over him at the moment.  It may be one of the only times I’ve ever wished I didn’t work at home.  No working out has happened. No work has happened.   It’s miserable. 

Maybe you need to have a conversation that the minute other people get home you are OFF puppy duty and get to relax and do something nice for you :) 

• Like 1

My daughter is asking for a puppy as well.  She wants to train it as a service dog, but I totally know that if we get a dog all the training will fall to me! 

So glad that you are doing good in all the heat!  

• Like 1

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Winter is Coming

Still nothing happening on the challenge front.  Puppy is a full time job it seems.  Unfortunately for my sanity, it was just rough timing a bit.  Daughter started a new job right after working more hours and husband has a big to-do at work that he is dealing with at the moment.  It'll all work itself out, but getting on the bike or getting a workout in has been next to impossible.  He spends some time in his crate every day, but that's when I get basic home care done.  These clothes arent going to wash themselves!  Dinner needs to happen!

• Like 4