First off I'm sleep deprived, probably due to anxiety... so shouldn't be on here but: 

Here to report I nearly have my Practicum Journal Papers caught up! 90%, realizing I have more to my job than I ever can explain in a weekly entry. (Been avoiding this for 3 months).

I have kept up on taking photos for different things that saved me. Along with personal weekly reflection. That writing it out is no problem, I lose some part by backtracking. But I have 4 more entries to finish my degree.... damn. 

Tomorrow I'm having a lunch chat with my professor, since I realize I've had limited convos this year. I wanted to avoid complaining to him earlier this year, and finally feel I have stuff to share that's great. And personally have a positive outlook in my future. Where I'm becoming Alumni it will be different!

• Like 2

Fresh Druid Graduate Lvl 0

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

The whole week last week I had a time time gaining energy and helping myself. And going to bed early also wasn't happening. 

However tracked on Noom daily. 

M was 3 Druid Energy. 

T-H was 1 daily = 3 DE

F - I got up to 3 DE. 

So far week 4: 9 DE 

Yesterday found a burst of energy and a realization of my goals. Also wrapped my head around having a tooth issues (I need to take it more seriously). I called around dentists finally and will see if 2 that didn't answer will call me back Monday. 1 had a waiting list and I may call back if no else does on Monday to ask for emergency help. 

I'm dealing with the results from dentist avoidance... and finally will make it priority.

Friday I also got ynab setup, and had a realization how to get a low enough calorie count with satiety. 

Goal with noom, I'm going to plan to walk my steps after work, since I work at a flippin park and haven't been taking advantage of it! I work at nice parks also... Just working on my walking goal or a 5-10 min walk. Slowly figuring my snacks at work to help my hunger. 

Also had a work realization, I found a project I will be working on and crunching on. But a project I actually find to be fun! 

See ya'll later!

Healthy beakfast: Overnight Oats with Almond Milk. A cup full of strawberries (I prepacked). A cup of sweetened Starbucks cold brew with 5 oz of almond milk. 

Brought to bed to help me wake up... it worked!

• Like 2

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

I hope the consequences of your dentist avoidance are not as bad as mine were! Good luck on Monday. :) 

• Thanks 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33

19 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I hope the consequences of your dentist avoidance are not as bad as mine were! Good luck on Monday. :) 

I hope so too, sadly my mom faced the worst of it back in 2019 after years of ignoring it... 

So that's why I'm dealing with it. 

Boyfriend offered to help get me knew  a new phone, I was upfront that I would need help for dental stuff. 

---

Yesterday didn't need to walk after work since I hit 6k with running around...

The heat tuckered me out enough that I had a nap before my shower around 6 and didn't get up until 10. Slept hard before midnight still, and dragged myself out of bed late. 

A trigger for me overeating red food is definitely being tired, that I'm wondering if I have a bad reward system going on. Allow myself to get treats when I'm exhausted, which leads me to habits when I'm exhausted.... I see you habits, Idk on how to change you :( 

Yesterday I hit  Druid  - I have been tracking Noom and attempting to take care of myself...

Total Week 4 -  11 Druid 

Challenge Total: 22 

If I keep this going the next challenge will be a bump up from a Novice Village! Aka probably an adventure. 

Looking up D&D book I bought about the Druid I'm going to play a bit with it. 

Now to actually have a plot... 

----

Update on graduation stuff I forgot to mention. I will technically be Graduating by the looks at the end of August (end of Summer Term). Despite turning in my PowerPoint in a couple weeks, and the 1st of 2 reviews not happening until the end of the month. 

Now being asked what I want to do for graduation... meh not much. Other than knowing no more classes to finish this 1 degree. 

• Like 2

Also I hit Brigadier rank level...

nicholas courtney salute GIF by Doctor Who

working on finding myself in the forums still. But every so often see my number go up and see how this community stays awesome!

This Friday is my NF anniversary whoot! 6 years stalling at 280 lbs but with a stronger back (chronic pain managed depression gone). 

Looking at that, this week I will post my "graduation starting with RP story further this week". 

Pep talk to myself... 

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 2:58 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Wow. Taking care of chronic pain and depression are huge accomplishments. 

Seriously add owning my own car, going to Winnipeg and Duluth (a couple times). And a degree. Whoot! 

Basically I'm a new person then I was 6 years ago and in a place I couldn't imagine. 

Dentist Update:  I need a root canal. Need to save up for the crown/or can pay it right away with emergency funds. 

Tuesday: Giving myself 3 Druid Powers today for calling and making the appointment work. I now need to contact my insurance and find a place to make an appointment. 

• Like 4

Druid power catch up: 

Giving myself 1 each day (2 DP).

Worked my butt off at work just sat and recuperated when I got home. 

I have to work an extra hour and half rest of my week due to having to leave early for the dentist. So my Grounding full force! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

Dentist Update:  I need a root canal. Need to save up for the crown/or can pay it right away with emergency funds. 

That is nowhere near as bad as mine was. Good luck with the rest of the process!

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33

So after a good night sleep and still running late for work (showing up an hour early turned into 20 mins early). 

I decided to ask for a refund on Noom. Got it right away with no questions. I have not been able to keep weight off since I started.... Have to clean out my water bottle. 

I remembered I lost the last 10 lbs with the help of Myfitnesspal and following closer to what my Naturopath brought up for gut health. 

Upside I'm still at 280  over gaining weight. 

So ok reanalyzing everything... the bullet journal may be out again to relook at it all... 

Tracking on the forums does me better now to find a way I like on my phone...

Side quest today: contact my county at my lunch to get insurance questions figured out. 

• Like 1

Working on getting to the doc who can do the root canal through my insurance (I am lucky I am 1 tooth off from it being fully covered). And because of some mindfulness this Summer I can pay for my crown right away. 

#Adultwin (I will be keeping up with my dentist appointments for now on).

My bullet journal is out, helping me shuffle my brain. Able to see fast progress with the tooth stuff. 

It will be back in next challenge!

---

Told my boss yesterday I love my job.  After finally hearing him and a coworker talk about their career goals. I personally feel lost because I don't have my own. He let me know I have a forsure part time job through October. 

There is a job opening that I may just apply toning the county because I'm debating. It's in Human Services, would be a week day job that I could save with. (And not kill me physically). Would be a way to see the County differently... but in a cubicle. (But a better option than other jobs I've been debating). 

---

Had a evening group with fellow druids. (Mindfulness group I would call it.) Had some "ah that's why that stuff hasn't been working for me". So will be self-reflecting tonight. 

A seminar was announced that I might do next month. Abundance is the name in it... which is what I'm craving. It's not as scary expensive and I could switch a work day for it!

• Like 3

Giving myself 2 DP yesterday and today. Only thing is my YNAB scares I need to work through tomorrow (the budget is why I can get my tooth fixed right away). 

• Like 1

Honestly this challenge was meh. The story I like and will continue, will be working it out this week. As my weekend was rather busy. And a hot week that will put me out soon as I get home from work... 

I have big dreams but I realized I need to get used to the grind of habits (oh just 6 years of observing this). 

Next challenge is definitely doing habits that I find hard (meditating, journaling, budget). Not strict just no frills to it...

---

Where am I in the story, out of Novice Camp but still need to tame the fire of the dragon:

Sexy Avatar The Last Airbender GIF

• Like 3

I'm doing the mini challenge of "try to feel better before going to an amusement park". 

My tooth ended up getting worst that I'm now fighting it with antibiotics (was getting jaw and throat pain than actual tooth pain). 

Friday is a trip planned to amusement park for over a month.... Next week on Wednesday is the root canal....

I'm finding this post to be ridiculous but had to share... so liquids and get through work so I can sleep the evenings away.