Rookies Stays Vigilant Instead

Lonely GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

The original plan was to stop going to the barn for 1.5 months while wedding events where happening because I didn't want barn family feeling uncomfortable. I talked to everyone I come into contact with and they all said they think I should still come and that we will just be extra vigilant with wearing masks properly and maintaining distance.

guest ann GIF

That being said, I am going to wait and see what the actual wedding is like. If I feel unsafe or that safety precautions were not done well then I will be taking 1 week off + a  covid test or 2 weeks off.  Now I need a new plan because if I am still going to the barn ... THAT MEANS I CAN START LESSONS AGAIN. 

daisy.jpg.664cd531bedba0dba7bc87ef09f5bdce.jpg

I want this challenge to become one focused on getting fit and slimmer again... for me and Daisy haha

Goals:

> 5 minutes of being active per day

> 1800 calories per day

> 1 starch portion per meal allowed

> Maintain brushing + flossing teeth

> Brush hair daily 

> Finish dog painting

> Start cat #2 painting

> Work on weekly task lists

Rules:

> 2L water minimum per day

> Veggies are "free"

Week 0 Tasks

Spoiler

- order wedding gift

- order dress  for wedding

- get doggo foods

- exchange propane tank

- mow lawn

- meal plan for Week 1

- figure out Fathers Day present

- take money out for lessons

- work on dog painting

Week 1 Tasks

Spoiler

- start tracking calories

- buy snacks for bachelorette

- pack for bachelorette

- refill prescription

- pick up prescription
- meal plan for Week 2

- clean out car completely

- go to dentist

Bachelorette pick up

> firewood

> croissants

> cookies

> 5 alive juice boxes

> water bottles

> Smores stuff

Bachelorette pack

> above list

> "nice" outfit

> "comfy" outfit

> sleeping clothes

> lighter + cardboard or newspaper

> marshmallow roasters

>lipstick

- wrap bridal shower gift

- figure out bridal shower  outfit

- order shawl for wedding

- order scarf for Mr.Rs head

Week 4 Tasks

Spoiler

- Get card and $10 for 'traditional' gift

- Look up hair tutorials

- Remove nail polish

- Clear out coat closet + vacuum

- Get Mr.R to try on his suit

- Find shoes to wear at wedding

- Random tasks from my other to do list

- Hang out with friend

- Get second vaccine

- Shave legs and pits

- Clean mask or get 'nicer' plain masks for wedding

200.gif

• Like 8

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Following! 

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

18 minutes ago, fearless 2.0 said:

mission dont get fatter applies to me as well... hehe...

are you getting married, love? did I miss something???????

I mean eventually lol. I got engaged Sept 2020. But this is for our friends who actually got engaged on the same day as us 🤣 They are having a 'small' Sikh wedding with 3-4 events leading up to the actual wedding which is sounding quite big lol. Since these are Mr.Rs co-workers + we are in the bridal parties we are going to all the events so  I've decided to stop going to the barn up until 2 weeks after the wedding to self isolate. 

• Like 2

So my car is finally being fixed. I drove it to the shop and now I'm waiting for the rental place to come get me. I've been waiting about 5 minutes and I've had to do a #2 for about the last 30 mins lol. It could be another 30 minutes until I see a toilet. Keep me in your thoughts. 

Oh and of course we are finally getting all the rain we needed. If course lol 

• Like 6

Thanks Sal!

Ok! I got home and got to use the bathroom (thank goodness)... only took 1hr total lol. I have no clue why the rental place thinks a Jeep is the equivalent to an Subby Outback? Stupid rental place. They gave me another Jeep which means I get to watch the gas go down as I drive. Fun fun fun. I also forgot to ask the shop how long they think it will take because of my lack of bathroom situation... 😕 I might end up swapping the Jeep out like I did the first time because I can't afford a Jeeps gas... I drive too much 

• Like 2

I think I am going to try and get an elliptical for my 1.5 months of solitude. We just got a Decathlon and I might check it out :) They have a lot of kettlebells, weights and random fitness stuff. Plus an equestrian section which would just be fun to check out I think ;)

• Like 4

Here following along ❤️ 

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Valkyrie Chronicles: Novice II

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47,

Had a good ride on Daisy tonight. Here's a video lol might be kind of boring. She's feeling better. Maybe not 100% but better. 

Spoiler

I really want to come up with a riding goal... I might play around with showing dressage next year. And there's a mounted archery place that just got established and they are still working on getting things figured out. I want to either do a lesson on one of their horses or being Daisy. But first things first I miss having lessons :( and they've finally started up again but now I'd only get to have 2 before stopping. I'm just not sure if it's worth it. But after my self isolation I'm definitely looking up to getting back to lessons. 

Also random thought of the night... A lot of my issues stem from confidence issues. I am not sure how to become more bold and confident though. 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Here's a video lol might be kind of boring.

The video has music and everything; how could it be boring?

39 minutes ago, Rookie said:

I am not sure how to become more bold and confident though. 

So, I'm not sure if this would apply to your confidence issues, but assuming that negative self talk is part of that, establishing a habit of though interruption can be helpful. I tend to think in sentences, if not paragraphs, and I tend to know the shape of it at least as soon as I start to think it, so I work to stop the negative thoughts before they finish. Saying or thinking "STOP", or asking myself if this thought is useful or helpful. I do not ask myself if the thought is true, or try to prove the opposite, because with negative talk, that is just a recipe for disaster,  but no, telling myself that I am going to fail probably isn't helpful right now.

Now, how you go out the other side of self doubt into real self confidence, that I do not know. 

• Like 1

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Whisper shows  up on Time

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Whisper said:

The video has music and everything; how could it be boring?

So, I'm not sure if this would apply to your confidence issues, but assuming that negative self talk is part of that, establishing a habit of though interruption can be helpful. I tend to think in sentences, if not paragraphs, and I tend to know the shape of it at least as soon as I start to think it, so I work to stop the negative thoughts before they finish. Saying or thinking "STOP", or asking myself if this thought is useful or helpful. I do not ask myself if the thought is true, or try to prove the opposite, because with negative talk, that is just a recipe for disaster,  but no, telling myself that I am going to fail probably isn't helpful right now.

Now, how you go out the other side of self doubt into real self confidence, that I do not know. 

I feel I'm an odd case, but maybe everyone does haha. I don't really negative self talk. If I do I realize what I'm doing and usually acknowledge it for what it is. Certain scenarios really showcase my lack of confidence and make me question myself I guess. Jumping my horse for instance is a huge one (irrational overthinking, doubting , panicking and anxiety)... Talking 'tech' with people or having to prove my knowledge (imposter syndrome, anxiety), singing karaoke/singing outloud in front of strangers.. Especially if I don't know ask the lyrics (shy), playing charades (shy,anxiety), speaking another language (shy), reverse parking when there is an audience (anxiety, panic), going zip lining or trying scary things (self doubt about if I can do it). 

Most of these things I can feel a very real mental block and I'm like come on... Just do the thing... You want to and it will be fun. But then I just can't. I think it might be lack of confidence or maybe something else but I'm not sure. I was reading an article tonight that mentioned self-efficacy. That seems part of the problem too

• Like 4

Is anyone here a tattoo artist? I have decided to add digital print download product...For the people who want to use the design for a print or tattoo... But I am not sure if my design will translate well to a tattoo. 

• Like 1

I pulled a bunch of weeds while I waited for Mr.R to finish work. Then we went and got the propane 👌 I also got some grass seed. Hopefully I can grow some grass in these annoying weed areas. 

The before and after

Spoiler

20210615_160323.thumb.jpg.4ee213da5fc891950795268280b257af.jpg20210615_162626.thumb.jpg.031e533c51a19e6a9b9796b694345ec0.jpg

I'm just waiting on my enchiladas for dinner. On nom. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Rookie said:

feel I'm an odd case, but maybe everyone does haha. I don't really negative self talk.

Like I said, I wasn't sure if it applied. I couldn't recall you mentioning issues with it, which is a good thing.

• Like 1

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Whisper shows  up on Time

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Whisper said:

Like I said, I wasn't sure if it applied. I couldn't recall you mentioning issues with it, which is a good thing.

It's not to say it won't ever apply, so I appreciate your insight either way! 

• Like 1

I did some looking for a dress today but didn't find any good contenders for modest and comfortable with sitting on the ground.  Kind of concerning haha but I'll look again tomorrow. 

I think I mentioned wanting an elliptical... I've wanted one before but they are just so expensive. Anyways, awhile back my coach asked me if I wanted to buy hers but I said no because at the time I didn't. I asked my coach if she was still open to selling her elliptical to me. She said she would ask if anyone in her family had a sudden interest in it then let me know. I'm still waiting. Hopefully she gets back to me soon. Decathlon has a "cheapy" super basic one and I am over it's weight limit by about 20-40lbs. That will probably be my backup plan. 

• Like 5

On 6/15/2021 at 5:52 AM, Rookie said:

Most of these things I can feel a very real mental block and I'm like come on... Just do the thing... You want to and it will be fun. But then I just can't. I think it might be lack of confidence or maybe something else but I'm not sure. I was reading an article tonight that mentioned self-efficacy. That seems part of the problem too

May I introduce you the concept of 20 seconds of courage? It helps me a lot and often with overcoming difficult situations when I'm feeling shy. E.g. when my climbing partner is unavailable, I can ask in a group chat if someone else wants to climb at a certain time. I'm a bit shy about climbing with other people, especially now that I'm overweight and my climbing is terrible. However, committing to doing it anyway takes less than 20s, and then I'm stuck to it and the actual climbing was really fun, I got to meet another person (another thing I'm shy about), etc. Since it's against my values to cancel plans with others without good reason, making a commitment with someone else helps me eliminate the choice of doing it, and in turn it becomes easier to do it next time.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Waanie said:

May I introduce you the concept of 20 seconds of courage? It helps me a lot and often with overcoming difficult situations when I'm feeling shy. E.g. when my climbing partner is unavailable, I can ask in a group chat if someone else wants to climb at a certain time. I'm a bit shy about climbing with other people, especially now that I'm overweight and my climbing is terrible. However, committing to doing it anyway takes less than 20s, and then I'm stuck to it and the actual climbing was really fun, I got to meet another person (another thing I'm shy about), etc. Since it's against my values to cancel plans with others without good reason, making a commitment with someone else helps me eliminate the choice of doing it, and in turn it becomes easier to do it next time.

I love this!

Also - hello fellow climber, I feel the same way about my own climbing 

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Valkyrie Chronicles: Novice II

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47,

3 hours ago, Waanie said:

May I introduce you the concept of 20 seconds of courage

I do use this from time to time but I guess I need to get better at practicing it ^_^;

----

Got my car back ❤️ So happy. The jeep was kind of fun to drive and it was really smooth. The gas guzzling part was not fun but luckily I didn't have to really drive it much. I love my car though lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

Got my car back ❤️ So happy.

Great! Did they do a good job on repairs?

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

I do use this from time to time but I guess I need to get better at practicing it ^_^;

I guess so too!  A lot of things can be learned, among which being assertive and doing things that are scary. They'll stay scary, but hopefully less so over time (and then other things will be scary...)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Waanie said:

Great! Did they do a good job on repairs?

Yah, looks just like before I got hit. I wouldn't say good as new because the last years accident kind of ruined that ;) 

I guess so too!  A lot of things can be learned, among which being assertive and doing things that are scary. They'll stay scary, but hopefully less so over time (and then other things will be scary...)

I also think I could use more positive visualization. I am not sure I believe in it, but it certainly can't hurt.

----

Realized I could just wear a dress I already have to the wedding... because 2 days of searching has yielded no results. Good news... it fits and I certainly can wear it. Bad news .... it doesn't fit great :P 

Spoiler

image.png.243566ecbb976713b5c27b6ab37a3a2a.png

And I am thinking of buying these or similar leggings to wear under it because there is a lot of sitting on the ground. I won't know if they match until I go see them in person with the dress. 

image.png.50556019f2afce0d740ca0d7222350b1.png

Update: I decided to get this one as a back up dress and its in a size up. 

image.png.8b07fe87e26d48e7135e7d0d6cdb58ba.png

• Like 5

Well it seems so far that everyone I share barn time with thinks I should still go to the barn. Pretty much everyone said they were comfortable with it since we are outside the whole time, most of us have at least our first vaccines, we wear masks on the ground and are 6ft apart. I have noticed we have been getting a bit laxed with it and some did mention that they would just be extra cautious about wearing masks properly, leaving when they are supposed to and distancing. I'm still waiting on a couple people to make sure they are comfortable. Most people I talked to said "well do what you are comfortable with" and I'm like but I'm not doing this for me... I was doing this so no one felt uncomfortable.... My biggest thing was that I didn't want to decide on behalf of the people I come into contact with that its okay and should be fine. If I do end up not taking a break from the barn I'll just need to make sure I'm wearing a mask all times unless I'm riding alone, don't get too close to people and keep my hands as clean as possible. Looks like I might need to change my challenge. 

• Like 6

• Rookie changed the title to Rookies Stays Vigilant Instead