Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I hope you had a great weekend with your son!!!

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

How was the baseball game? I like listening to games on the radio, but can't stand watching them on tv. I've never been to a game, though, so I can't really claim to ever watched one at its best. Also, I'm in western PA, so the baseball scene around here is pretty dismal.

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Hope you had a good weekend!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Currently Posting in -->Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] 

On 7/3/2021 at 8:36 AM, jcmgm said:

oh now I'm famished.

Looks like a full of fun weekend!

😀 It was a fun weekend.

On 7/3/2021 at 9:51 AM, fearless 2.0 said:

Have fun tomorrow! :) 

Thanks, I did.

On 7/3/2021 at 9:59 PM, Red1263 said:

I'm here to offer my support, despite my timing :P 

Hey there, happy to have you on board.

On 7/5/2021 at 6:10 AM, Novaurora said:

I hope you had a great weekend with your son!!!

IT was

12 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

How was the baseball game? I like listening to games on the radio, but can't stand watching them on tv. I've never been to a game, though, so I can't really claim to ever watched one at its best. Also, I'm in western PA, so the baseball scene around here is pretty dismal.

It was super fun. I don't actually watch on TV or listen on the radio much.I just wander in when my husband is watching, and then wander out. But it's fun going to the game with my guys. The game went long(I swear the pitcher took 5 minutes between each pitch) so it was a bit boring, but overall I loved being with my guys and among the crowd cheering my team on.

7 hours ago, cn3wton said:

Hope you had a good weekend!

I did thanks

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Had a great holiday weekend.  Friday we went to the baseball game. It was the first day the stadium was fully opened, and the crowd was hyped. Everyone was cheering, and booing the calls they didn't like. It was very much a party atmosphere. And my team won!

Saturday was good too. Got some things done. Not as much as I intended. I was going to clean the deck, but decided to spend some time outside in the sun reading a book. Summer is short, and sometimes it is just nice to sit and relax in the sun.Then, game night at my brother in laws. Sunday morning was church. Then my son came over and we planned our Montana trip.We are going to a wedding in Montana in October, and decided to make it a trip. We booked a lodge at Yellowstone. We are doing three nights, one night outside of the park, one night at a cabin , and one night in the lodge. The lodge is more expensive, thus why we are staying there only one night. I was procrastinating on planning, and my son was the one who said they were selling out fast and we needed to get on it. I'm glad he did. Hubby made homemade real ice cream and I made coconut milk ice cream, and we took it to our friends for barbecue. Enjoyed burgers with our friends, and then went and watched the firework show. It was amazing. Monday hubby had off.A boy from our church was interested in geocaching, so we grabbed him and went. It was a beautiful trail.Woods, beach, and meadow.The weather started off cloudy, but by afternoon it was sunny with a nice breeeze.We found all 7 of the caches. And a bonus one when we stopped at a parking lot to look for directions.

I still need to do a wrap up of the week. Not sure if it will happen or not.I'm cooking dinner right now, and then after dinner we are going to look for closet organizers.

Today's workout was light 5 sets of ladder presses, and pulls, Then 10 minutes of snatches. Seemed easy at the time, but DOMS are happening. Went for a walk, did some gardening, planned meals.  Instead of working out Monday,Wednesday  and Friday this week it's Tuesday,Thursday and Saturday.Tomorrow will be leg day.I also did a small bit of staff training , but very little. I was tired by the time I finished my workout.Another reason to make tomorrow's workout short, that  give me more time to play with my staff.

• Like 6

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Ok, waiting for hubby to finish grilling the burgers update time:

Meh, not the greatest week.

Did 1 of the three quests for the week.

Did alright on daily goals.It was hard with Monday and Tuesday being so hot. Wednesday was better, but then it was just catching up on the daylies.  I liked how I adjusted my workout  on Monday so I could still do it, just a shorter workout. I felt drained all week.Partly the heat just zapped me, and then I  did hard workouts Wednesday -Friday to "make up" for lighter days.And that just left me feeling drained. My goal for my workouts is to energize me. This week I will work on finding that balance.It's an adjustment.For a long time , my workouts were all pretty much the same effort Monday-Friday.Now with a light , medium, and heavy day, I need to remember to leave some in the tank for Friday(as that is the purpose)

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Ok, waiting for hubby to finish grilling the burgers update time:

Meh, not the greatest week.

Did 1 of the three quests for the week.

Did alright on daily goals.It was hard with Monday and Tuesday being so hot. Wednesday was better, but then it was just catching up on the daylies.  I liked how I adjusted my workout  on Monday so I could still do it, just a shorter workout. I felt drained all week.Partly the heat just zapped me, and then I  did hard workouts Wednesday -Friday to "make up" for lighter days.And that just left me feeling drained. My goal for my workouts is to energize me. This week I will work on finding that balance.It's an adjustment.For a long time , my workouts were all pretty much the same effort Monday-Friday.Now with a light , medium, and heavy day, I need to remember to leave some in the tank for Friday(as that is the purpose)

Sounds like a great plan! Some days things just feel harder than they normally do as well. The human body is a weird machine to be sure! Sounds like you've got great goals and a great plan moving forward.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

On 7/7/2021 at 7:16 AM, cn3wton said:

Sounds like a great plan! Some days things just feel harder than they normally do as well. The human body is a weird machine to be sure! Sounds like you've got great goals and a great plan moving forward.

Thanks.

Oops. it's been since Tuesday since I updated. I posted on other people's thread. Been kind of busy in the evening, which is when I update. Been doing my thing. Workouts have been going well. Yesterday I cleaned up some of our deck, which is my big quest to finish this week. I procrastinated, and dawdled, and started later than I wanted, but I got some done. Today I will finish.  It's a wood look (plastic) deck.So, instead of staining it each year, I need to clean the dirt and moss off a couple times each year. The upkeep is easier than painting or staining, but still needs to be done, and something I don't really like.

In gardening news, my hydrangea bloomed right before the heat wave. After the heat wave, all the blooms died, and the leaves withered. After extensive watering the leaves perked up, but I thought the blooms were done for the year. But yesterday, there  were big beautiful new blooms covering it!

Today's workout L-sit work, which I am getting really tired of. Going to keep at it until challenge end. Then NF youtube had a video on pistol squats, so I decided to try those again. I was able to do heel elevated negatives, which was cool. I was sort of tired, so decided to just keep it to those. Yes, I had about 5 other leg exercises I wanted to do, but didn't. My quads are super tired though from the pistols.

After that I did some staff work. The flow I'm learning is the one I learned before. But, I know the movements so now I can work on making it pretty. Enjoyed it. I'm only doing it about 10 minutes. Last year I would spend tons of time on, now  I get bored after a bit. I'm not pushing it though. 

I'm rereading Josh Hillis's book Eating Skills.  I learned a bunch from it before. I was never succesful at implementing his tracking system though.I think the issues were 1) it was at the height of Covid, and I just didn't have the bandwidth 2) He does it once a day, and by evening , I had no memory of what skills I had implemented at breakfast.  I do pretty good at tracking calories, and all this is is choosing the skills you want to work on, and then noting whether you had or not.  Also, maybe it's a bit subjective to track? Say my guideline is to put my food down between bites, but I only remembered this halfway through the meal, does that count?  So, I'm re-reading it , and thinking of some way to remember the skills and be mindful of whether I am practicing. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Yesterday I cleaned up some of our deck, which is my big quest to finish this week. I procrastinated, and dawdled, and started later than I wanted, but I got some done. Today I will finish.  It's a wood look (plastic) deck.So, instead of staining it each year, I need to clean the dirt and moss off a couple times each year. The upkeep is easier than painting or staining, but still needs to be done, and something I don't really like.

I'm this way with most outdoor tasks.  Kudos for getting it done!!

But yesterday, there  were big beautiful new blooms covering it!

YAY!!!  I'm glad it was able to survive the heatwave!

Say my guideline is to put my food down between bites, but I only remembered this halfway through the meal, does that count?

I would say yes.  Improvement is still something.

• Like 1

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

On 7/9/2021 at 9:47 PM, Elastigirl said:

In gardening news, my hydrangea bloomed right before the heat wave. After the heat wave, all the blooms died, and the leaves withered. After extensive watering the leaves perked up, but I thought the blooms were done for the year. But yesterday, there  were big beautiful new blooms covering it!

Love that! 

I enjoyed reading along with some of your thoughts around 'eating skills' last time, looking forward to doing so again :) 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current hiding out in a battle log: KB Girl's journal

my instagram - my gym's instagram

6 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Love that! 

I enjoyed reading along with some of your thoughts around 'eating skills' last time, looking forward to doing so again :) 

I was super happy to see it blooming.  

weekend quests:

Finished cleaning the deck

On 7/10/2021 at 6:07 AM, Novaurora said:

I'm this way with most outdoor tasks.  Kudos for getting it done!!

YAY!!!  I'm glad it was able to survive the heatwave!

I would say yes.  Improvement is still something.

I actually like most outdoor tasks, since I'm an outdoorsy type gal.  And, for all the not wanting to do it, when I was actually doing it, I enjoyed it. Listened to an audiobook, the weather was perfect, and it was fun to see the deck railings looking shiny and new again. On eating skills, yes you are right, that's part of it being a skill

Week 2

Tianna work hard:

Finished cleaning my deck. I'd been procrastinating doingit. But, once I started, I was happy doing it. We talk about self care as things like reading a book (which I love) or long baths, but sometimes doing a job  that  makes the world prettier is good "self care" too. The railings had green stuff on it, and washing it away gives everything a nice sparkly touch.

I didn't finish my other task .I was supposed to pick a closet organizing system  for my crafts. I looked at the hardware store, and online, and I don't really have a vision for what will work. I'll think on it more this week.

Strength; I tested the 30 lb kettlebell, and I was able to press it twice! The made me happy. But then I was not able to add a rung to my rep ladders in my workout. This could be because on week 1 , I went up several rungs, and not I just need to maintain for a bit. Or it could be because I had really bad leg DOMS from the day before.... On Thursday I did elevated heel squats, and they went great. But I was super sore the next day, and the next, and the next. I'm still sore. I'm  struggling with pushing myself too hard on my rest days. I really didn't think I was!  I didn't do that many. So, I'm cutting back. No rowing, on rest days I'm doing the L-sit training. Maybe stretches or walking but that is it. Next challenge I may do the elevated heel squats, and skip the L-sit. But for this challenge, my workouts are the Enter The Kettlebell and L-sit.

Prince Naveen: Remember to play

went geocaching this week and had a great time

went to a wedding .It was so wonderful to celebrate with friends. Having a year where we couldn't do such things makes me appreciate them even more

spent some time sitting outside in the sun reading a book

Other stuff:

Thoughts from reading Eating Skills;

Right now what I want to do is to eat to maintain. Just eat sensibly. I struggle with that when I'm not calorie counting. I think the calorie counting gives me accountability .But , I don't really want to do it now. So what I need to do is just develop some good skills and habits. One of the things that gets me is having "just a little bit more" where after I finish a meal , I go and graze. Here is my plan:

Plate a good balanced meal

after  the meal go and do something that keeps me engaged

If I want something more; wait at least 10 minutes. If I haven't finished my water , finish a glass

If I decide I still want something ; sit down and eat it

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

but sometimes doing a job  that  makes the world prettier is good "self care" too.

This, all of this!

When I recently bought my home I did some projects that most people didn't understand. Such as putting in a fire pit, axe throwing target, and stairs in the garage to the unusable attic that was only accessible by a ladder into a whole that, if I am being honest, I couldn't fit through.

It was because that these projects made me happy and provided me places to do things that I enjoy doing and bring joy to my life. Sometimes cleaning up the porch so you can sit back and enjoy the view is just what is needed!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Plate a good balanced meal

after  the meal go and do something that keeps me engaged

If I want something more; wait at least 10 minutes. If I haven't finished my water , finish a glass

If I decide I still want something ; sit down and eat it

This seems good, full of autonomy. Do you usually crave seconds? or is it more wanting something sweet after a meal? 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current hiding out in a battle log: KB Girl's journal

my instagram - my gym's instagram

5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

This seems good, full of autonomy. Do you usually crave seconds? or is it more wanting something sweet after a meal? 

It's a few things

1) sometimes it's a sweet craving

2) sometimes something just tasted so good , I want more

3) sometimes it's just grazing as I put away the meal

4) rarely is it actual hunger

• Like 1

What I did for food today;

Weighed and measured today.Weight is about the same, measurement down very slightly in belly the same everywhere else. That's good. 

Breakfast was oatmeal with protein powder, I don't really have an issue with snacking after breakfast

For lunch, I  had a hamburger patty, greens Sieta No grain chips, and cucumber. I set out a  serving and a half of chocolate chips to have too. I weighed a serving of chips, and then added some more. My goal was to have enough where I felt satisfied, both in satiety and taste. I think the amount probably comes out to about the same as if I had a serving, and then grazed, and then decided I really wanted chocolate chips too. The difference was that it was a conscious choice, and I was sitting down eating it and enjoying. Then after lunch, I started on my to do list.

For dinner:  Made chicken stir fry. I also made blueberry muffins. I planned to eat one blueberry muffin, and then have one later for a snack. What I used to do was just say I was going to have one, and then feel guilty for eating two. So, the amount is the same, but I'm just working on making a decision about it. 

Also did my kettlebell workout.That went well. Worked out in the yard a bit.Remember how I major cleaned the back yard? Well some berries and ivy dared to grow back, so I whacked and pulled some. Went on a walk after dinner with hubby. My legs still have doms from Thursday.

Now I'm off to watch American Ninja Warrior

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

. What I used to do was just say I was going to have one, and then feel guilty for eating two. So, the amount is the same, but I'm just working on making a decision about it. 

I'm learning a lot from watching your thought processes.  Thanks for sharing!!

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 7:35 AM, Elastigirl said:

We talk about self care as things like reading a book (which I love) or long baths, but sometimes doing a job  that  makes the world prettier is good "self care" too.

For sure! For me cleaning is often an act of self care. And crossing things I’ve been procrastinating off the ick list. I hate doing it, but it provides a bit of a relief once it’s done, freeing up brain space.

15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

What I used to do was just say I was going to have one, and then feel guilty for eating two. So, the amount is the same, but I'm just working on making a decision about it. 

Excellent, better to properly enjoy it both times!

On 7/12/2021 at 9:07 AM, cn3wton said:

This, all of this!

When I recently bought my home I did some projects that most people didn't understand. Such as putting in a fire pit, axe throwing target, and stairs in the garage to the unusable attic that was only accessible by a ladder into a whole that, if I am being honest, I couldn't fit through.

It was because that these projects made me happy and provided me places to do things that I enjoy doing and bring joy to my life. Sometimes cleaning up the porch so you can sit back and enjoy the view is just what is needed!

Yes, that is how I feel. And what crazy person didn't understand the joy of a fire pit and axe throwing target?!

57 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

For sure! For me cleaning is often an act of self care. And crossing things I’ve been procrastinating off the ick list. I hate doing it, but it provides a bit of a relief once it’s done, freeing up brain space.

Excellent, better to properly enjoy it both times!

Freeing up brain space is a great act of self care.  Yes, If I am going to eat something, I want to enjoy it, not feel guilty for it

• Like 1

Quad DOMS were better today.Still sore, but the kind of sore that just tells you  that you did a good workout.Not the kind that makes walking downstairs painful.

Did a few bw squats (reverse lunge, side squat, wide squat) and stretches for the GMB hip building. Then I did an easy L-sit workout. Instead of  straight leg raises, I did tuck raise. This works the legs  a little, but mostly abs.

Went on a short walk. We got called in to help at the food bank at the last minute, as another volunteer was sick. So , no after dinner walk. Sometimes I will get more steps in at the food bank, but there were tons of volunteers, and I mostly just stood around.

Food: I did the bigger lunch than normal, with some chocolate chips. I was really tempted to eat more. I think part of it is just not wanting to have to move and do stuff. I think after lunch, I'm going to do something fun for 15-20 minutes, so I have something to look forward to. My plan was to not have an afternoon snack, because we were eating dinner early,But , I was hungry, waited a bit and still felt hungry, so I had a smoothie.  Dinner was easy to not have seconds, as we ate and left right after. Had an evening snack of a blueberry muffin. I made the muffins with applesauce instead of oil, and Truvia (blend of sugar and sweetener) They were good, and that  reduces the calories. 

Last year, I worked on defining my values for eating. It seemed like it was semi helpful, but I wasn't sure how to apply it to every situation. My values are self discipline and joy. But I didn't really find it helpful to ask myself "Is this choice aligning with my values?'  It didn't seem to stop me from grabbing the extra handful of chocolate chips to snack on.   But, maybe it was somewhat helpful. Because what I am doing now, with trying to allow myself more food, and just say yes to the treats, but then keeping it to the chosen treats seems to be a good way of combining joy and self discipline. So, when I felt like I was struggling to live by my values, I thought about how I could set myself up for a win , instead of feeling like I was not following them. Does that make sense? 

• Like 4