Well here we are again,

Netflix Seriously GIF by Stranger Things

hoping this is not another case of insanity, doing the same things over again, and expecting a different result. I feel like I always start these challenges with the best of intentions to update regularly and keep with it, but it always fails for one reason or another. Usually it's the simple fact of trying to do too much all at once.

All The Things Money GIF by Ramsey Solutions

So we're going to try things a little differently. We're going to give myself grace, and wiggle room, and we're going to keep it simple stupid ūüíč.¬†

I always feel guilty, because I want to cheer others on and check out their pages and keep updated with what's going on with everyone else, but I feel like thats where everything starts to spiral out of control; that guilt when I fall behind. So this challenge, I will be focusing on myself for the most part. If I have the energy to respond to comments, or follow other people's challenges, awesome! I'll do that! but, if I don't, that's perfectly fine, I really need to work on myself, and that's not selfish... that's just reality (I'm typing this just to remind myself. If you write it out, it becomes truth, right?)

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

So my focuses this challenge will be as follows

Fitness: I am working on c25k program, and am aiming for 3x's a week, but with how easily I've been getting overwhelmed lately, I am going to be content with as few as 1 run per week. 

2nd Fitness: I will also be getting back to work on some bodyweight/flexibility work.

200.gif

I haven't decided if I will go back to doing core play again (since that's supposed to be a 6x's a week program, and that's just too much for me right now, and I don't know how scaling it back to 1-3x's a week will affect the effects of the program) or just work on the beyond flexibility, which will still work my muscles, just not quite as rigorously, and is a program designed for 3-5x's a week, so it is easily scaled back to a doable amount of times for me. So I'll probably be doing the BF, but it's still up in the air and I still have a few days to officially decide. I'll let you know when I make a decision, probably lol.

Nutrition: I have started using an app called Eat This Much, which helps you plan meals based on your caloric needs and macros without me having to do all that math myself. The nice thing about this app is also that the meals are actually foods I regularly have on hand, and find delicious, and am not too scared to attempt cooking, and also the ingredients don't cost me an arm and a leg to get. So my plan for this challenge is to eat at LEAST one meal from the plan each day, but aim for 80% on target meals. I also have been using the Ate app to track my meals, although very sporadically, so part of this goal is also to log all my meals on the app. 

So what is all of this going to help me accomplish? Why would I put myself through all of this? (You may not be asking this, but I sure do some days... especially on run interval 7 of 8ūüíÄ)

The fast and loose  explanation is, I would like to lose 100 lbs. The more nuanced explanation is: There are several things I really really want to do, but often times my body, and lack of stamina hold me back from doing them, like gymnastics, dancing, and running (which a newfound torture that I love ). There are also things that I want to do that my heavier body make more expensive and therefore unattainable, such as clothes shopping, or making my own clothes. Lastly, I really want to set a good example for my son of eating well, exercising regularly, taking care of myself, both physically and mentally, and just generally being a happy healthy adult. I want to show him how fun this lifestyle can be, and all the things you can do with a functional body. 

Alright, here goes!

• Like 4

Current Challenge : Ohlemontine Grindin'

str    ??  |   dex  ??  |   sta   ??  |  con  ??  |    wis  ??  |  cha  ?? 

Mistry  |  Level 1  |  Assassin  |  Half-Elf 

Well we're not off to the greatest start, eating like crap(ish) so far today, because I had zero energy, and a lot of things planned. Planning to make sure I still get in one planned meal for dinner tonight, and get it logged. I'm worried about my ability to do my run tomorrow morning though, with everything feeling blah from eating horribly. Guess we'll see when we get there.

On a positive note, I am going grocery shopping today, which means I'm on schedule to get everything prepped and ready for the new week of meals (my weekly plans start on Saturday, based on my Friday grocery shopping) So that should set me up for success for next week already.

shopping market GIF

On 6/17/2021 at 1:57 PM, ohlemontine said:

I always feel guilty, because I want to cheer others on and check out their pages and keep updated with what's going on with everyone else, but I feel like thats where everything starts to spiral out of control; that guilt when I fall behind. So this challenge, I will be focusing on myself for the most part. If I have the energy to respond to comments, or follow other people's challenges, awesome! I'll do that! but, if I don't, that's perfectly fine, I really need to work on myself, and that's not selfish... that's just reality (I'm typing this just to remind myself. If you write it out, it becomes truth, right?)

All of this.  I've just accepted that I will likely only check in with others about once per week, but try to hit  up my own challenge a few times.  And, yep, it's not selfish.  The whole reason we're here is to work on ourselves :)  and gifs

Following for the "one is better than none" goals!

• Like 1

daily dare 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

On 6/18/2021 at 1:57 AM, ohlemontine said:

I always feel guilty, because I want to cheer others on and check out their pages and keep updated with what's going on with everyone else, but I feel like thats where everything starts to spiral out of control; that guilt when I fall behind.

That feeling of guilt for not following challenges you said you would follow is real.  Completely unwarranted, but still real nonetheless.

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

okay, so this week sucked. not even gonna try and sugar coat it. I did a whole big fat lot of nothing. 

in my defense, it is kinda hard to go out running when you're in some apocalyptic flooding rain that seems like it will never end...

rain flood GIF

okay, that might be a little dramatic, I'm on the West side of Michigan so we haven't got it quite as bad as, say, the Detroit area, but it has been pretty darn wet and hard to get out and do anything. 

I also have been sick the last couple days. Just the dizzy, nauseous variety of sick.

Spoiler

Don't think I'm pregnant, but... it is a worry on the plate, however small of a worry. (Kinda hard to get preggers when you don't really do the deed almost ever. big brother bbceleb GIF by Pop TV 

but forgetting to track stuff makes it a bit of a guessing game sometimes.)

But we continue on, we don't give up. There's nothing I can do about yesterday's crap, but I can always choose to kill it today, which is what I plan on doing! And hey, the rain has even stopped! So, I think it's time for a run! 

cactus running GIF by Bare Tree Media

• Like 2

On 7/1/2021 at 6:03 AM, ohlemontine said:

cactus running GIF by Bare Tree Media

This is an excellent gif.

Yes, wet conditions can be a little much, especially if there are a ton of puddles, water runoff, slippery surfaces, etc. Just regular rain, though, that can be fun in my (person who likes running) opinion. :D

How's the running this week?

Respawn Story: Fox and the Lost Kit || Current Challenge: Fox Carries On

So it's been a hard couple of weeks, and I haven't done much but work, and try to sleep.

I did get out for a run sporadically, but nothing regular and that kinda bums me out, but I also feel like I did what was best for my body at the time, at least exercise wise (Nutrition-wise is a totally different, horror story)

scared horror GIF

But work has been... extremely taxing, so adding extra stress by way of running on top of that just didn't sound like a good idea. I'm sure my body, and my chiropractor, will thank me on that lol

Sad The Office GIF

but now I have 2 weeks or so off work while they redo the flooring and put in new ovens at work, so for the upcoming challenge I have a totally beautiful clean slate to get everything put in order to actually start crushing my goals. Plus the chance to really get some good relaxation in and stop stressing so much for a little while and give my body a break. I'm really looking forward to it. I also look forward to a much more normal sleep pattern for a few weeks. Oh sleep... how I've missed you so. 

No Stress Relax GIF

So while this challange did not go anywhere close to how I would have liked it to go, I definitely learned a lot from it, and it went better than it could have gone, so I'm glad for the experience, and the lessons, that I can't wait to take with me and apply in the next one! 

Hooray for personal growth!!

Growth Progress GIF by Insecure on HBO

• Like 2