NeverThatBored :: Third is the one with the treasure chest?

On 7/13/2021 at 12:06 PM, Sylvaa said:

YOU SHOULD COME DO THE NATIONALS SPARTAN WITH US

11 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

YES YES YES JOIN USSSS

DON'T DO IT @athousandwords DON'T JOIN THE DARK SIDE. 

• Haha 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

11 hours ago, fleaball said:

DON'T DO IT @athousandwords DON'T JOIN THE DARK SIDE. 

Umm, the dark side is great!!! She should definitely join the dark side!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I did a short yoga video this morning and gosh my hips have gotten tight while I've been at my aunt's! It's funny how you don't realize how stiff you are until you start trying to do certain movements. 

For those of you who also find Adrienne from Yoga with Adrienne talks too much in her videos, I recommend Yoga with Bird! So far I've found her videos are short and she gets right to the point, which I appreciate when I'm trying to squeeze in a quick video.

• Like 4

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

I don’t mind the talking in the videos I’ve tried for yoga with Adrienne, but she doesn’t have many options for short routines. So definitely going to give The video you linked a try :)

• Like 1

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

On 7/14/2021 at 9:50 PM, NeverThatBored said:

Alexandria! I lived there from 2017 until last year, and I'm going to go stay with a friend in the area who invited me for ~a month or so. 

Oh nice! I'm waaaaay out west in Loudoun (like as far west as you can go without hitting West Virginia) but I'd be down to come easterly if you wanted to meet up!

On 7/14/2021 at 9:50 PM, NeverThatBored said:

On 7/13/2021 at 12:06 PM, Sylvaa said:

YOU SHOULD COME DO THE NATIONALS SPARTAN WITH US

YES YES YES JOIN USSSS

I hope y'all know this sounds terrifying 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Level 16 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Conclusion: third is not the one with the treasure chest. Somehow the challenge is over and I didn't do the things, but it's not entirely surprising given my east coast tour. One thing I can focus on is focusing on more specific habit triggers next time. 

Now that the challenge update is out of the way... :P 

I am now in VA, visiting a friend for the next 4-6 weeks and it's super weird!! She offered to let me stay with her and it was her suggestion, so it's not me imposing on her unasked or anything. She works an early shift and goes to bed super early, so we see each other briefly in the evening and that's about it. 

I've only been here a few days, but I realized I've completely forgotten how to just have my own free time where I don't have to be coordinating with someone??

• With my dad, he constantly texts me to tell me when he does things (e.g. "going on a walk") and constantly asks me what I'm doing or planning to do during non-work times. I hate that he does that and don't want him to do it but it's the reality I've been living with for a while now.
  • When I was caretaking for my mom, it was intense 24/7 coordinating with my sister around her care
  • And then at my aunt's, I was caretaking for her a bit so I was coordinating with her. Even as she got better, I felt that I was visiting so I should stay in her presence in the evenings since I work all day.
  • When I stay with my former college roommate, I always feel like I should do the same thing, even though she and her husband put on boring tv and scroll through their phones most of the evening and there's no reason I have to sit there while they do it.
  • And before my bf moved away, living with him involved a lot of coordination around meals and where I was going if I left the apartment, etc. 

With this friend, because she's busy and also just because she doesn't expect it (??) I'm just free to do whatever I want?? Go somewhere or don't go somewhere. Watch tv, eat a meal, sit in different rooms - and none of it has any bearing on what she's doing with her time?? And it's so DEEPLY UNCOMFORTABLE for me because it's been so long since I just lived with someone (though it's just a long visit) who didn't expect or even want me to coordinate with them. 

I had a realization in therapy a couple months ago that I'm never relaxed. I'm always tenser than you are apparently supposed to be. And I think this constant need to coordinate coming from the people around me (or my own habits formed by being around it for so long) is a big part of that. 

While I'm here, I'm hoping maybe I'll start to remember how to relax a little and just be able to spend my time how I want again?? And maybe that'll help me feel more in tune with myself again??

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

With this friend, because she's busy and also just because she doesn't expect it (??) I'm just free to do whatever I want?? Go somewhere or don't go somewhere. Watch tv, eat a meal, sit in different rooms - and none of it has any bearing on what she's doing with her time?? And it's so DEEPLY UNCOMFORTABLE for me because it's been so long since I just lived with someone (though it's just a long visit) who didn't expect or even want me to coordinate with them. 

I had a realization in therapy a couple months ago that I'm never relaxed. I'm always tenser than you are apparently supposed to be. And I think this constant need to coordinate coming from the people around me (or my own habits formed by being around it for so long) is a big part of that. 

While I'm here, I'm hoping maybe I'll start to remember how to relax a little and just be able to spend my time how I want again?? And maybe that'll help me feel more in tune with myself again??

I can see this as both deeply uncomfortable (it takes me forever to not feel anxious in someone else's home) and SO RELAXING! I basically haven't owned my own time since I had kids (#selfcreatedproblems) and it sounds so luxurious to just do whatever you want, whenever. I hope you're able to lean into it and enjoy it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 16 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

CURRENT CHALLENGE