I'm really bad at challenges right now, but I'm going to keep trying until it sticks again.  This time around I'm just going to accept that it isn't my current priority, so I'll be playing fast and loose with the format just to get some momentum going.

My wedding is now 45 days out, scheduled for the middle of next challenge cycle.  All the big stuff is done, but we're still making decorations and finalizing plans.  So that's my priority right now.

My current to do list:

-Finish head table backdrop

-Finish reception outfit (R2-D2 vest)

-Finish ringbearer outfit

-Receive and detail groomsman gifts (swords)

-Finish (sand/polish) resin table decorations

-(If time allows) add eyeballs to giant sunflowers for aisle runners

-Pre-buy drinks during normal shopping runs

I'm also going to be trying to get back into good eating and exercise habits, but I'll be easing into it as energy and willpower allows.  I did breakdown and redownload MyFitnessPal, so I'll be making an attempt to track my calories.  I'm not really following a calorie goal yet, but I know that tracking will make me cut back anyway.  I'm also back in the office full-time, which means I can get paid to workout again, and with some coordination do so on my way home.  That removes a couple barriers I've been struggling with while teleworking, but I still have to actually do the thing.

Pictures to come as I remember. :P

• Like 5

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

14 minutes ago, Anim07734 said:

I'm really bad at challenges right now, but I'm going to keep trying until it sticks again.

Achievement unlocked.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

59 minutes ago, Anim07734 said:

Finish head table backdrop

-Finish reception outfit (R2-D2 vest)

-Finish ringbearer outfit

-Receive and detail groomsman gifts (swords)

-Finish (sand/polish) resin table decorations

-(If time allows) add eyeballs to giant sunflowers for aisle runners

Alove of this is epically awesome.  I have a feeling that you guys are really focused on the right stuff with his wedding :)

I can't wait to see the pics

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Well done not giving up. That's like, 100% of success.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Got word this morning that my swords shipped and should arrive this weekend.  Leather for wrapping the handles should also be here this weekend (in everyone's favorite colors), so I get to start on those next week.

It's been very rainy/stormy, so I haven't gotten much done on the table backdrop, but it dried out a little, so I just put another base coat on it  I'll decide tomorrow if it needs any touchup, and work on the detailing this weekend.  Then my fiancee and her friends are planning to add leaves over the next week or two and it'll be done.

Ringbearer outfit is almost done.  Pants need hemming and tunic and tabard need buttons, so hoping they can come over this weekend for final fitting.

I did my calorie tracking last week, and averaged just below predicted maintenance, but stopped over the weekend and haven't restarted yet.  I have been using the threat of restarting to ward off extra snacks though, so that's better than nothing. :P

• Like 4

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

On 7/8/2021 at 9:10 PM, Anim07734 said:

I did my calorie tracking last week, and averaged just below predicted maintenance, but stopped over the weekend and haven't restarted yet.  I have been using the threat of restarting to ward off extra snacks though, so that's better than nothing. :P

I mean, if it works, it works. Sounds like things are coming together, although I'm sure it doesn't feel like it. You've got this. 

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Not the best pictures, but finished my R2-D2 vest last weekend:

IMG_20210719_074834155 IMG_20210719_074906151

Ringbearer outfit is also finished.  Backdrop and drink acquisition are in progress and swords are all here and ready for work.  Next step is digging through paints to see if I have the correct type/color for each of those projects.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Looks great! What did you use for the silver area? It's sewn like cloth, but looks like leather. 

All of the colored areas are Cricut Iron-on Vinyl.  The silver is just poorly applied because I tried to do too large of an area at once, so it wrinkled and the seams underneath are showing through. :P

Making progress on swords.  Here's my brother's long knives, since they're the furthest along.  Still playing with the handles to get the right finish on the leather, then have to figure out sheathes.

IMG_20210725_184519739~2

• Like 4