Jump to content

Recommended Posts

After a depression & no motivation break, I’ve returned. Yay me!

 

A little bit about me first. I’m a gamer who enjoys music, hiking, and photography. I would love to learn parkour and snowboarding. I’m a non-binary asexual person who is on the autism spectrum. My two biggest weaknesses are that I’m a perfectionist and vain as hell. And I struggle with depression and C-PTSD. 

 

This is a 3 goal challenge, designed to build up to what I want my actual goals to be.

 

#1: Build up to exercising every other day. I’ve written down the days I plan on doing an at home kettlebell workout. The 4th, 8th, 11th, 17th, 19th, 21st, and 23rd. It roughly translates to progressing from twice a week to every other day. Or something like that.  It makes sense visually on a calendar. It’s a beginner workout that I was doing the last challenge I was here. So I already know how my body deals with it, and that every other day won’t physically be a problem. Mentally, it might get a little rough.

 

#2: Take both of my meds every day. I have a morning medication (mood stabilizer), and a nighttime medication (anti-depressant).  This should be relatively easy. I just easily forget to take them no matter what “sure fire” methods I’ve used to make it easy just do it. For my first challenge week, the goal is 3 times a week. And then 5 times a week. And finally the last week is every day.

 

#3: Hydrate myself. And being hydrated is drinking however much Plant Nanny 2 says I need. Which right now is about six 16 oz cups. I’m counting everything I drink, except any alcoholic beverages. And how many days is exactly the same as the take my pills goal. 3, to 5, to 7.

 

I’ve set up a cork board in my room to track everything. There’s a couple papers with the days/numbers written down. And I get to put a sticker when I do a thing! Because stickers are awesome,

 

And yes, I’m starting today.

  • Like 8

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post

It's so hard to get into a habit of taking meds every day. I'm really glad you posted a challenge.

  • Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53,54

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post

hello hello!

  • Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

                                                                                                                                                                 Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Link to post

Hello friends!

Wave GIF by Spirited Away
 

It’s good to be back. Now I just have to work on sticking around. 
 

I’ve done good so far with taking my pills. Hydration is still a struggle. I’ll start the day off doing my old not really drinking much. And then my BFF will ask if I’ve been drinking water. Or I’ll look at my cork board and remember. But by then it’s a game of catch up.

 

I did my workout on the 4th.  I’m still a bit sore from it. But this is also the first time I’ve exercised in… maybe two months?

 

In other news, I’ve been unpacking/decluttering/putting away/displaying all my stuff. I have a small pile of things that I don’t really have a place to put. I need more storage solutions…

 

I’m very proud of how my bookcases turned out though! It took a couple days, but it was worth it. I had to really cut down on the number of books I own. Basically, I made a rule that I can only keep what fit on the shelves dedicated to each category. Which took a bit of rearranging and additional paring down when I learned that I had more music than I thought! In the end, I ended up with three shelves of music, one of those dedicated to Korn. One shelf for my playing card collection. Two for fiction books. One for manga/comics. And one for non fiction. I think at some point the playing card collection will be moved, and that’ll give some growing room for more books.

 

I think my next step will be to go through my posters, artwork, and photographs, shorten to “things that hang up”. With the rule being to only keep what I’m actually going to put up. And then put it up. Because I have a box of these things that were never hung up in our last apartment. And why keep something to display if it’s never displayed? There are a few things that weren’t up because I never got frames for them. And some of my own photography that I was planning on selling, but never really figured out a good way to do that. Okay 

 

In other, other news, I painted my nails today. But they didn’t turn out how I wanted. I guess I can call it practice?

  • Like 5

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post

Zeroh! Late to the party, but glad to see you again! I would definitely call painting the nails as practice... means next time, you'll have more experience under your belt. :) I like the cork board idea, it seems to be a good visual reminder. How has the week been for you?

  • Like 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

 

Link to post
21 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Zeroh! Late to the party, but glad to see you again! I would definitely call painting the nails as practice... means next time, you'll have more experience under your belt. :) I like the cork board idea, it seems to be a good visual reminder. How has the week been for you?

I was late to the party, so I think that makes you on time!

 

I redid my nails, and they look so much better this time. Maybe the practice helped. LOL (It’s mostly just that I picked better colors this time around.)

 

The week was… not bad? Nothing much happening, but doing nice with my challenge, but hot and humid as hell.

  • Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post

The challenge has been going pretty good.  I seem to be getting the hang of it. But there’s still a few times of “oh crap, I totally almost forgot to do the thing!”

 

I did end up dropping my kettlebell for the first time during my last workout. Oops. It didn’t hit me at all, but it did make a very solid impact on the floor. In my third floor apartment in my bedroom. It scared the crap out of the people I live with. And probably did the same to the people living below us. My bad. LOL (Sorry not sorry for scaring the neighbors. They’re super annoying.)

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post

I dropped the kettlebell again. *sweatdrop* Actually, it’s cause it’s hot* and my hands get sweaty, which makes the handle slick, and then whoops! I’m glad I figured it out. Now I know to wipe down the handle between circuits.

 

*Not like sweltering OMG I’M GONNA MELT!!! hot. But during the summer we (I) set our thermostat to 78F (25.6C) except during (my) sleeping hours. (I rule the thermostat because I pay the electric bill.)

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post
1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

*Not like sweltering OMG I’M GONNA MELT!!! hot. But during the summer we (I) set our thermostat to 78F (25.6C) except during (my) sleeping hours. (I rule the thermostat because I pay the electric bill.)


Can relate 😅

  • Like 1

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Instagram

"...You must always keep the star in your heart
shining strong to defeat the dark and evil souls." - Queen Serenity

 

 

Link to post

First, a storm knocked out our power for like 3 hours. Then it came on and everything was working great. Until the internet stopped working. Presumably because weather. That was 2 hours ago. I think. Time is weird. And no idea when it’ll be fixed. Their handy dandy outage map just says “as soon as possible”, And that the outage is affecting thousands of people. What a wonderful afternoon, and now evening.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post

The challenge is going very well. I think the way I structured it, with increasing the goal days each week, is working pretty well. As is having it all up on my cork board.

 

There’s only, what, 5 days left? (Including today.) I guess it’s about that time to be thinking about what I want to do for the next challenge.

  • Like 3

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post

Have you considered using lifting gloves for the kettlebell? I find they're very handy (no pun intended, sorry) for preventing blisters and slippery hands. 

 

Glad the cork board is going well for you! Is that something you'll consider carrying forward?

  • Like 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

 

Link to post
On 7/14/2021 at 4:20 PM, zeroh13 said:

I dropped the kettlebell again. *sweatdrop* Actually, it’s cause it’s hot* and my hands get sweaty, which makes the handle slick, and then whoops! I’m glad I figured it out. Now I know to wipe down the handle between circuits.

 

*Not like sweltering OMG I’M GONNA MELT!!! hot. But during the summer we (I) set our thermostat to 78F (25.6C) except during (my) sleeping hours. (I rule the thermostat because I pay the electric bill.)

I use this for my hands. Amazon.com : Togear Liquid Chalk, Sports Chalk, Hand Grip Chalk, Weightlifting Chalk, Gym Chalk, Work Out Chalk for Cross Training, Powerlifting, Pole Dance(50ML) : Sports & Outdoors

  • Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
22 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Have you considered using lifting gloves for the kettlebell? I find they're very handy (no pun intended, sorry) for preventing blisters and slippery hands. 

 

Glad the cork board is going well for you! Is that something you'll consider carrying forward?

I’ve considered lifting gloves, but I’m not sure how I feel about them.

 

The cork board is nailed to my wall. It kept falling. LOL So yeah… But I’ll keep using it because it does seem to help. And it’s simple to keep up once I’ve made the sheets for the challenge.
 

20 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

My eczema has been acting up really bad lately, so I don’t want to risk making it worse. And I feel like it’d make a mess?

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post
55 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

I’ve considered lifting gloves, but I’m not sure how I feel about them.

 

The cork board is nailed to my wall. It kept falling. LOL So yeah… But I’ll keep using it because it does seem to help. And it’s simple to keep up once I’ve made the sheets for the challenge.
 

My eczema has been acting up really bad lately, so I don’t want to risk making it worse. And I feel like it’d make a mess?

As far as a mess, not at all. It's just a liquid, about the consistency of lotion. I put a small drop on my hands and rub it in and it dries. Not sure on the eczema. I  do have sensitive skin, and  tend to break out easy, and I haven't had a problem. I try and  wash my hands as soon as I finish. I haven't noticed that it even dries out my hands at all.

  • Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

As far as a mess, not at all. It's just a liquid, about the consistency of lotion. I put a small drop on my hands and rub it in and it dries. Not sure on the eczema. I  do have sensitive skin, and  tend to break out easy, and I haven't had a problem. I try and  wash my hands as soon as I finish. I haven't noticed that it even dries out my hands at all.

After it dries, does it rub off onto stuff, or stay on your hands pretty well?

 

Eczema is tricky. When my skin is behaving, it’s good if I put lotion on it a couple times a day. Right now? Even just washing my hands with moisturizing soap dries them out. And I have to apply lotion or hand salve/balm every hour or so, in addition to after I wash my hands, to keep it from getting worse (and hopefully healing my hands).

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post
1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

After it dries, does it rub off onto stuff, or stay on your hands pretty well?

 

Eczema is tricky. When my skin is behaving, it’s good if I put lotion on it a couple times a day. Right now? Even just washing my hands with moisturizing soap dries them out. And I have to apply lotion or hand salve/balm every hour or so, in addition to after I wash my hands, to keep it from getting worse (and hopefully healing my hands).

Yeah, if you are trying to heal them, adding something new may not be wise. 

  • Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

I came up with a plan for the next challenge, but now I’m second guessing the workout part of it. The plan is to add starting to run into it. But it’s gonna be August. And that means the hottest time of the year.


During a bad year, temps that feel like 100+F (38C) once you add in the humidity. A good year, only about 90-95F (32-35C) with humidity. Around 80F (27C) overnight.

 

Is going out in that and running really a good idea when you’re just starting out?

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post
10 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I came up with a plan for the next challenge, but now I’m second guessing the workout part of it. The plan is to add starting to run into it. But it’s gonna be August. And that means the hottest time of the year.


During a bad year, temps that feel like 100+F (38C) once you add in the humidity. A good year, only about 90-95F (32-35C) with humidity. Around 80F (27C) overnight.

 

Is going out in that and running really a good idea when you’re just starting out?

 

Personally? No it's not. BUT note that i am biased against running anyway. If you are not categorically against running to start with, it's probably worth at least a try.  Good luck.

  • Like 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

 

Link to post

Well, yesterday was the last day of the challenge. And it looks like I did very good!


There were 3 goals: take my pills, stay hydrated, and exercise. And I did 100% on all of them!!! I think the ramping them up method works very well for me. As does the cork board. And what really helps with the cork board is that it’s in a highly visible place in my room, and the challenge tracking is the center of attention on the board. Which I think more helps my BFF remember to nag me.

 

And here is the cork board:

Spoiler

3449EE0A-4F11-489C-B1F2-8D27FD556F11.jpeg

 

Now, the trick is keeping this up for the next challenge…

  • Like 3

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines