In 61 days time I'll be running in a 5k event for a Children's Cancer charity. It's booked and paid for, I'm running it with a friend who has also paid and is locked in. 

Right now I can't run very far, maybe 500m to 1k so I'm going to be following a couch to 5k program. It's supposed to be 12 weeks, I'll do it in 9 as I'm too close to the date. 

I'm the heaviest I've ever been at 104.7kg. That is way beyond anything I've ever weighed in at before, my diet is totally out of control and at times I'm unhappy. It's getting harder to do simple stuff like put shoes on. I really need to make a change and get back to an active life. 

Goals:

- Record here every day, even if it's to say nothing happened. 

- Track calories

- Run 3 times a week to the Couch to 5K program 

I would like to be eating sensibly and doing some walking as well, however experience being at this kind of low tells me to keep my goals simple and achievable while I build some momentum.

Here we go! 

• Like 5

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 57 (Thursday)

Another run  from my C25K program

Nutrition good.

Day 56 (Friday)

No exercise, had a few drinks 

Nutrition not so good.

Day 55 (Saturday)

No exercise, had a few drinks 

Nutrition not so good.

Busy day building an Internet solution for my friend. 

Day 54 (Sunday)

No exercise, was busy cleaning the Ute and tidying up though

Nutrition not so good.

I knew the weekend was going to be a difficult one to get through, nutrition and drinking wise, planning to ramp up the focus this coming week. 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 53 (Monday)

Weigh in: 102.4kg (-2.3kg)

Run from my C25K program. IT band is very tight, below knee sore to the point I could hardly finish my run :(

Nutrition good.

European Cup result spoiler below. 

Spoiler

Watched England lose on penalties...again. 

• Haha 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

14 hours ago, Yuen said:

Good luck with the challenge mate!

Keep those regular updates coming (preferably with good news on the exercise/nutrition front :))

Thanks mate, appreciate the encouragement, bit up and down at the moment so need to keep trying to build momentum and consistency! Over this lockdown already...at least I've had 2x Pfizer. Hope you and the family are going ok. 

By the way if you wanted to join us for the run:

https://run2cure.org.au/

I'm doing it with a colleague who's in similar shape to me (round!), I haven't told Dawsey, he's too fast! 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 51 (Wednesday)

Nutrition good..until the evening. Couple of ice creams and some popcorn 😕 

Few drinks 

No exercise. 

Pretty obvious where all this weight came from....

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 50 (Thursday)

C25K run, this one felt good. Check my HR max during the run, 178!! Bit too high but I was pushing it a bit as I was feeling good. 

Wow, where did 10 days go already?! 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Keep it up mate, don't let a few stumbles along the way lead you to a downward spiral.

• Thanks 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

Day 49 (Friday)

Whole lot of nothing. 

Nutrition reasonable

Few drinks

Day 48 (Saturday)

Lot of running round doing errands before the harder lockdown came into force. No running but I did unload 3 barrows of firewood and ended up at 8000 steps. Short walk with the dog. 

Nutrition reasonable

Few drinks

Not sleeping well at the moment which makes everything harder.

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 47 (Sunday)

C25K run, that's 3 for this week which matches the plan. Quite hard but I think I'm starting to get a bit fitter, tiny improvement but enough to remind me what it will be like to be able to run 5k again.

The program still has me on run/walk but the runs are getting extended a little bit each week, I think another week then it'll be non-stop running and the distances will go up a bit. Next week will be week 5 of 9. I thought it was 12 weeks so I'll finish early, probably repeat the last week again or maybe just rest for a few days before the race.  

Fortunately have not seen any further IT band pain, I can tell it's lingering but not painful at the moment. 

Nutrition pretty good. 

Lovely sunny day, I've been clearing out a load of old crap from the garage and throwing away, quite satisfying.  

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 45 (Tuesday)

C25K run on a cold windy day. 

Nutrition pretty good

Few drinks

Undergoing a great deal of stress at the moment, someone bought the house next door and has put in a DA for the biggest possible house within the rules. It's going to cast shadow over my house and encroach on our privacy, never mind the stress of months of building work 900cm from our house. Nightmare. 

• Sad 1
  • Angry on your Behalf 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 44 (Wednesday)

Nothing of importance

Day 43 Thurs

We're at war. I'm rallying the troops to fight the neighbour's Development application. I've got a community group involved who fight to protect trees and am rallying others. 

No running

Diet not great,  wife brought crap home which i ate of course. 

Few drinks. 

Feel like I've put some weight back on....

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I'd bet the neighbor situation has you stressed, so it's easy to slip. Recognize it, don't be too hard on yourself but don't let it get you off track either, mate.

• Thanks 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

On 7/23/2021 at 6:28 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

I'd bet the neighbor situation has you stressed, so it's easy to slip. Recognize it, don't be too hard on yourself but don't let it get you off track either, mate.

Thanks, it's so stressful, combined with some other stuff that's going on it's a very bad combination. I'm trying not to let it all get on top of me. Definitely eating shit sandwiches at the moment. 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 42 Thurs

Drafting submissions against the house next door and then training course all day (8 hour zoom, 11am -> 7pm), pretty exhausted. 

Day 41 Friday

C25K run/walk, the next one is where the all running starts. Today I really enjoyed a minute or two of the run at the end. Endorphins kicking in at last!

Heavy duty work day, all day training again on zoom. 

Been ripped off hard on a town planner report, very very expensive mistake engaging this person to assist us. Instead of removing stress it's added a lot more. 

Super tired, hope I can get some rest this weekend, next week is going to be crazy busy with work and the submissions need to be entered by Thursday against the neighbor as well. 

• Sad 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

1 hour ago, AwayLifter said:

I have taken up jogging in the last 6 weeks or so.

How's it going? I find i need to go easy at the start and build up slowly or i end up with IT band issues. I think we're a similar age (I'm 46) so I'm interested to hear how you go.  

Feb-March 2022 Challenge