Day 17  Mon

Weigh-in: 99.8kg (-0.1)

Floating around the 100 mark. This was a bad week for food, a lot of takeaway and too much boozing. 

Planning to have next3 weeks mostly off alcohol to reignite my weight loss and get ready for the 5K.  Looks like my friend has dropped out due to a bad knee, shame. I will still do it, too far into it now to waste all that training. 

• Like 2

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 8/22/2021 at 2:59 AM, Lara said:

I'm really sorry about the house. I hope they will stop the mess.

Thanks it's an ongoing fight unfortunately and will be for months to come. 

• Sad 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 16  Tues

Err can't remember but it's not been good. 

Day 15 Weds

C25K run, 30 mins. 

Day 14  Thurs

Err can't remember but it's not been good. 

Day 13  Fri

Knees and ankles sore so decided to take a few days off from running

Day 12  Sat

Busy day working on my solar setup and planting some chillies. 

Socially distanced drinks with the neighbours over the fence was nice, haven't seen anyone for a week or so.  

Day 11  Sun

6k walk in the morning, repotted some chillies. 

Talked to my brother, he's older than me, he's snapped his Achilles tendon...made me think twice about whether I should be running....

Day 10  Mon

Weigh-in: 99.9kg (+0.1)

Lucky to get away with staying under 100, been another poor week for food and drinking. 

Only 10 days to go so will try to do better this week.

Small chance my area may come out of lockdown early next weekend, I hope so...

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

5 hours ago, Endor said:

Talked to my brother, he's older than me, he's snapped his Achilles tendon...made me think twice about whether I should be running....

Snapping your Achilles tends to be much more common from a sudden increase in force. The stereotypical thing is a middle aged guy trying to get back into soccer/squash/tennis/basketball. Basically something that has lots of sudden stops and starts, and wants you to explode/accelerate into action. They try a sudden acceleration, but their deconditioned Achilles can no longer withstand the force and snaps on their first day back to the sport.

Steady pace running is much less likely to cause an Achilles tendon rupture. If anything, the constant low level force will cause your Achilles to become stronger so you can more safely return to more explosive activities (in a gradual fashion).

In summary: I would only stop running because you are worried about your Achilles, if you are constantly getting Achilles pain that is being exacerbated by running.

Don't lose motivation. Keep up the C25K practice!

• Like 1

Bugger,  there's another excuse out the window!! He was playing soccer,  been playing for years but had bought new "3D" boots which he thinks got caught in the ground.  

I am getting a sore left leg again, behind the middle of shin on inside and on the outside just below knee. I'm guessing tight itb again. 

And it's raining!

Maybe I'll run tomorrow if the weather clears up, only about 9 days to go....

Appreciate the advice.  

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

21 hours ago, Endor said:

No exercise today but stayed off the grog.  

I've seen how easy and how far you can slip with that at times, so I know that's bigger than it sounds. Kudos to you, sir.

• Thanks 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Day 9 Tues

Cold and wet, dreadful weather, inside all day. Roast beef dinner with red wine and muscat. Nom.

Day 8 Weds

Weather still shite. 

Didn't leave the house, got tons of work done.  No booze, ok diet. 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

12 minutes ago, AwayLifter said:

Same for me! I’ll be on the treadmill on a Friday night 🤦‍♂️

Got to be done! I'll checkout your log  to see how ur trip went.  

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 7 Thurs

C25K run. This time i only takes Running in Strava not warm up. 4k in 30 mins so I'm well off my previous pace but I'm also 15-20 kg heavier.  

Have hurt my ankle somehow,  typical. See how it pulls up next couple of days, feels like a sprain.  

Finally the rain and wind abated,  few sunny but cold days ahead. Our lockdown got extended another 2 weeks so I'll be busy with jobs round the house again this weekend.  

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

2 hours ago, AwayLifter said:

Have you thought about buying a barbell as well as the running? 

In A Box Reaction GIF

I have a power rack, 2 bars and Olympic weights...used to Deadlift 180kg's and squat 130. Been out of the habit for a long time, but really must get back to it, I probably couldn't pull 100 now.  I used to do Crossfit for a few years and was pretty fit and strong, let it go over the last couple of years.  After my 5k maybe I'll get back to lifting....

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 6 Fri

Nothing special...not eating well.

Day 5 Sat

Nothing special...not eating well.

Repotted most of my Chillies, 10,000 steps just walking around the yard. 

Day 4  Sun

Finished repotting the Chillies and some other jobs around the house. 

Day 3 Mon

Weigh-in: 100.7kg 

Yikes, took my eye off the fitness and diet and put some weight back on straight away....

Need to do my final C25K run today so I can do the 5K this week. 

Ankle is still sore but improved a bit, should probably be resting it but I may as well get this run done. 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 9/16/2021 at 5:10 PM, Yuen said:

Any updates?

Have you done the 5K yet? I saw on the website you could choose any date in September to do the run.

I hope you haven't fallen off the wagon too much! Hopefully I'm just reading too much into you not posting for a while :)

Thanks for checking in on me. I sort of did it, warm up + run + cool down was over 5k.  I've been getting really sore feet the last few weeks, the soles, so I've not been running at all.  Maybe I will pick it up again for the rescheduled event in a few months time. 

I'm still very overweight so I've decided to go all the way back to the start and count calories. Tedious but I have to do something. Will also be starting weight lifting again this week in some form and walking again. 

We should line up that walk together once this lockdown ends.

On 9/9/2021 at 7:32 PM, AwayLifter said:

How’s the injury?

Ankle is good now, thanks for asking :) 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 10/5/2021 at 10:27 AM, Endor said:

Thanks for checking in on me. I sort of did it, warm up + run + cool down was over 5k.  I've been getting really sore feet the last few weeks, the soles, so I've not been running at all.  Maybe I will pick it up again for the rescheduled event in a few months time. 

I'm still very overweight so I've decided to go all the way back to the start and count calories. Tedious but I have to do something. Will also be starting weight lifting again this week in some form and walking again. 

We should line up that walk together once this lockdown ends.

Sorry to hear about the sore feet stopping you from walking. I like your idea of starting weight lifting again. That way when you have sore feet, you just do upper body stuff instead :)

Counting calories is definitely tedious but it does work!

Catching up post lockdown ending sounds good :) There is a great walk around Narrabeen lake ~8km.

• Like 1

I'm finally back in action,  lifted twice this week and walked 6k every day.  No booze and will be following a low carb,  low cal diet for a few weeks.  Early days but weight coming off quickly.  Doing a comp with 2 guys at work so pretty determined to get back to health. 

Enjoying lifting again,  particularly deadlifts. Starting slow, bar only first session then +10kg today. Looking forward to pushing some heavier weight in a couple weeks.  

Mood and energy much improved with low carb and no booze,  not really a surprise but still a good feeling.  

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 10/8/2021 at 9:12 PM, Yuen said:

Sorry to hear about the sore feet stopping you from walking.

I think my running shoes were the problem,  i think they've had it. Changed to hiking boots and seems ok. Going to lay off running until I've lost some weight though.  

On 10/8/2021 at 9:12 PM, Yuen said:

There is a great walk around Narrabeen lake ~8km

Sounds good,  let's line it up, I'll txt u.

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Time flies...

I'm doing a weight loss comp with 3 guys at work, following fast 800, so far down 8kg.

Walking 6k every day and lifting 2-3 times a week. 

Same lifting plan every session so far

5 sets of each by 5 reps, superset with 1m30s rest between sets. 

First combo

Back squat - 55kg

Bench - 55kg

Bent over DB row - 17.5kg

Second combo

Deadlift - 60kg

Bar Bicep curl - 22.5kg 

Bench tricep dip - bodyweight

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Been beavering away in the background. I finish a 6 week weight loss competition tomorrow. It's been a really good motivator, I've been powerlifting 2-3 times a week and walking 6km every day.

Also been no alcohol, low carb and low calorie (fast 800) 5 days a week.  I've dropped 12kg in 6 weeks, down to 91kg. Most pleasing is 3.5 inches off my waist measurement and gone down a jeans size.

I'd like to carry on going down and I'm enjoying the exercise so I'll keep going with the weight loss as long as i can.  

• That's Metal 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge