Correspondence graduation courses

Is there anyone here pursuing their graduation through correspondence courses?

I, finally,(after years of procrastination) want to go through graduation. Rather than doing it from my own country (India) I'm looking for greener pastures.

Please post up a link of the University you are doing it from and any interesting tit-bits about the college.

My wife is doing Environmental science, via distance education as we live miles from a university.

she is doing it full time, it is a lot of work, all day she studies then she works 3 nights a week. she is getting top grade through all the effort tho, am proud of her.

so my tip, make sure you have the time, make sure you have the dedication, it will take up near all of your free time.

If you go for it, best of luck I hope you achieve your goals.

Fitocracy - Intro - Facebook

[table=width: 100, align: center]

STR

DEX

STA

CON

WIS

CHA

[/table]

What school?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Hye! Can you post a link here for the site where you got your tapatalk 2 from?

I'm having problems with my own here.

I just completed my TESL certification through the University of Saskatchewan.

I'd definitely recommend it, but with the following caveats:

- Not all teachers will be easy to get a hold of via e-mail. I had to phone some of them, at a not insignificant cost.

- Scheduling exams was a pain, but this was largely due to the unreliability of friends. If there are places nearby willing/able, it'll be pretty painless.

- The sheer terror of the possibility of things being lost in the mail, or fax machines not working. E-mail as many assignments as allowed, and this won't be as bad, but I was surprised at how much comfort I took in physically handing in assignments during my undergrad.

PR's

5k - 21:29

10k - 47:26 43:29

21.1 - 2:05:26 1:44:21

I am doing a graduate degree entirely online, through University of Colorado, Denver. Everything is taught through lessons on the course site, and all assignments are submitted online as well. When I was applying, I found quite a few universities are offering online programs or classes which are equivalent to the programs they offer on campus. My degree will not be any different from the students attending in person.

If you find programs you are interested in, do your research. Make sure that the school and the specific program are accredited by a national or regional organization. This will tell you if the program is of a high quality, and not just a "diploma mill." Good luck!

I recently (Aug 2011) completed my Master's Degree in Applied IT/Database Management Systems at Towson University in Maryland, USA entirely online. I had students from Australia, China, and India in almost all my classes, as well as from the USA. I also work at a college which deals exclusively in online degrees (Walden University).

I would advise the following:

1. For all US-based schools, including the two I cited above, make sure that both the college AND the program are accredited. Towson is a state-run school, so they must be accredited as a school and for each individual program; Walden is a private college, and while accredited overall, some programs are not (though there are very few of these). If you cannot find specific accreditation info about a school/program, then it's probably not worth it.

2. There has been a lot of controversy over online VS in-person schools, and which one is "valid" or useful. In my experience, having completed a Bachelor's degree in person and a Master's degree online, neither option is inherently better UNLESS you have the need for personal contact to keep you going. If you have the tendency to lose focus when you study on your own, then online degrees are not for you.

3. Cost: figure out what you can afford, either via loans or while paying out of pocket. All US-based colleges are now required by Federal law to provide total estimated costs for all programs, so you can make an informed decision. Figure out what the billing cycle is for the school, and do the math to see if you can afford it. DO NOT START A PROGRAM YOU CANNOT REASONABLY AFFORD. Sorry for the caps, but I have seen so many students leave their programs unfinished (at both Towson and Walden) because they couldn't afford to keep taking courses.

4. The biggest challenge, in my opinion, with online degrees is keeping yourself on task and getting your assignments in on time. You *need* to be able to manage your time effectively to make it work, both for studying and for completing assignments.

~Chris

I've taken a course in Canada through Athabasca University. Some of the programs - especially those involving science or lab work - do require a few weeks on campus. It's a public university.

The main drawback I see to online education is that the networking and social aspect can be more difficult. If you are at a stage where that is less important, then by all means, go for it.