Let's play a game!

I've been privileged to join several D&D games with the good folks here at NF. Some were short-lived, some ongoing, but all were a great way to build community and make friends. I would like to try to give back with a game offering of my own, but also wanted to create a thread where others can put up invites for games (or similar events) that they might like to run. It's a (preventable) shame to miss out on a game because you weren't following the right thread, or to fail to run one because you couldn't find your players! So I hope my post will be the first, but not the last. :)

• Like 2

Anyone interested in an experimental play-by-post Werewolf game on Discord? There's a summary of the rules for the standard game here (it's Mafia, if you're familiar with that). It is a bluffing game where you are trying to find out who are the secret werewolves, and the wolves are trying to hide their identity long enough to win. The rules are very simple, so please don't be intimidated if you've never played before. Neither have I. :)

Significant rule tweaks: I've purposely made the "days" very long to try to accommodate both busy schedules and different time zones, which will make the game probably about two weeks long. I might shorten them if it kills the momentum; we shall see. (It's an experiment for a reason.) Since it seems sadly common for the first round of accusations in forum Mafia games to be based on the colour of a player's avatar or something similarly random, which is not much fun, I'll also assign each player a generic role, such as "village baker" just to get things going. A little light roleplay should help fuel suspicions and accusations.

If you'd like to play, the invite link is here. The game will start next Friday at midnight Eastern. Please don't share it outside of NF without asking me first.

• Like 3

I've been trying to spend more time on non-challenge threads and this was a great find! I'm doing a list of 50 RPGs on my current challenge, with hopes of starting a series of one shot games to explore those that people seem to be interested in, once the new year rolls around, so there's that, I'm putting it here as well for anyone interested to join or at least discover stuff.

Can't say I'm a big fan of Werewolf (or any World of Darkness games, to be honest) but I've played with @juliebarkley in the past and would absolutely suggest having her in your game.

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Can't say I'm a big fan of Werewolf (or any World of Darkness games, to be honest)

Wrong Werewolf ;). This is the parlour game where the players murder one person each day, and the wolves one person each night. I just threw in more RP than is standard. Right now, the elves of Santa's workshop are looking for the traitors who want to make this Christmas the last.

Thanks for the ringing endorsement, heh. I would blush, but I can't find an appropriate emoji. :D

• Like 2

Ah, my bad, I never checked out the link. Apologies.

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

On 3/21/2022 at 11:46 AM, RubiksCat said:

It's not really a "game" so to speak, but I've seen on other forums where each user acts as a character from a video game or a TV show and we all create a new storyline acting out as our own character. The only problem would be finding enough users in the first place.

I'm pretty sure it's been done here before successfully, though it may have been before my time, and I've seen one or two attempts that didn't quite come good. If you wanted to put it together, there are certainly people who would be interested.