Salinger's forty second challenge!

Hello all!

I am thinking about doing this challenge weekly....setting some goals for the week on a Sunday and focusing on it in short bursts. 

I think it may help me achieve things. (goals and events will be jotted down!) Also ticking them off on a Sat night/Sunday morning will be great. 

So this week -

- Take medication daily

- Submit application to Sick Fest

- Promote last few days of my crowdfunder

- Work hard on the funding application and send to three people for feedback

- Go to a gig (Thursday eve)

- Read for 30 mins minimum, on three days of the week

- When paid (Wednesday) unfreeze gym membership

- GO to the gym

- Keep plants alive by watering when needed

- Do a food shop on Wednesday

These are the main things i want to achieve this week :)

Already feel the smaller bursts will motivate me. 

Hope you will come hang out with me! x

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 2

Hi there. its 2.45am (sorry Sara!) 

I did go to bed around 11pm, but woke up at 2 and couldnt sleep and i was being a fidget so came down as didnt want to wake Rox!

Got a nice cup of tea :)

Watched a David Lynch documentary last night which was inspiring. Makes me want to PAINT...

I wonder if i will hear this week, if i have gotten on the Masters course!? Nervous about that. 

Also im about 4 weeks away from hearing about the funding bid...FUCK. 

Trying not to over think it though...no point. Its so subjective. Just hope i get someone who likes my stuff, reading it!

Anyway...

Totally skint till Wednesday - as in £50 OVER overdrawn :( damn it. Be ok though - got some mince in the freezer and will make spag bol today which will last a couple of days for us. Then will do some food shopping on Weds. 

Todays tasks:

- Take medication 

- Take Rox to work

- Work on Sick Fest app

- Work on funding app

- Put washing on then out to dry

- Promote CF

- Nap (if needed)

- Tidy the kitchen a bit and put the bins out

- Make spag bol

- Pick Rox up from work

- Read for 30 mins

- Watch a film

Not a mad busy day thankfully. Just trying to manage the anxiety and get on with things. 

xx

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Damn @Tanktimus the Encourager put in wrong forum, should i redo it?

it's forcing us to post in this forum right now.  When you click the button to create a new challenge it takes you back to the previous challenge page.

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Hey all. 

Didnt get much on my list done....

- Take medication 

- Take Rox to work

- Work on Sick Fest app

- Work on funding app

- Put washing on then out to dry

- Promote CF

- Nap (if needed)

- Tidy the kitchen a bit and put the bins out

- Make spag bol

- Pick Rox up from work

- Read for 30 mins

- Watch a film

Not too bad actually!! About to put the pasta on and eat mmmm im starving. Then i will read for a bit and then perhaps put that film on. 

Then bed ❤️

Its ok - I have sort of salvaged the day by working hard this eve. 

Tomorrow night will get paid woooooo thank god. So poor right now. 

Feeling ok, will cuddle up with Roxy in a bit and relax 

x

Hey all. Last night was nice, me and Rox lay on the sofa with my arms wrapped around her, and we watched the Going Clear - Scientology documentary. I have seen it before, and enjoyed it just as much. Roxy loved it!

So interesting, very crazy, terrifying too. 

This morning i woke around 5am, popped the olympics on, drank tea, sorted a food delivery that will come tmoro (we get paid tmoro) 

Dropped Rox at work and now im home. 

Todays tasks are smaller:

- Take medication 

- Tidy kitchen/put dishwasher on & empty

- Work on Sick Fest app

- Read for 30 mins minimum

- Water the plants

- Nap 

- Email for letters of support for application

- Pick up Roxy

- Re-heat spag bol for dinner

- Shower

- Watch a film/relax

As you can see, a quieter day.  Much needed quieter day. 

My crowdfunder finishes tomorrow, i'm on £1020 ( so 102% funded wooooooo) pretty pleased with the support! :D 

xx

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Salinger said:

My crowdfunder finishes tomorrow, i'm on £1020 ( so 102% funded wooooooo) pretty pleased with the support! :D 

Woooooohoooooo!!!!!!

• That's Metal 1

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

Hey all. midday on Wednesday....sun is peeking out so i may try to put a wash on and get it out to dry before forecast goes bad. 

Oh i dont know...... it looks like heavy rain within the hour .... damn it. 

Anyway. I slept well last night, but really DID NOT want to get up this morning. Roxy had to drag me out of bed haha

I will likely nap soon for 40 mins, then get on with some work. 

Talking of chores and work, its half way through my week so i will see about the goals for the week!

- Take medication daily

- Submit application to Sick Fest

- Promote last few days of my crowdfunder

- Work hard on the funding application and send to three people for feedback

- Go to a gig (Thursday eve)

- Read for 30 mins minimum, on three days of the week

- When paid (Wednesday) unfreeze gym membership

- GO to the gym

- Keep plants alive by watering when needed

- Do a food shop on Wednesday

Looking decent so far! 

I read last night for just under an hour :) thats one day done. I will do so again tonight. Then the gig tmoro. Then gym over the weekend. That will be a week smashed.

Had to buy something for a wedding i am going to next week (7th) im dreading it to be honest :( feel sick at the thought. 

oh well. 

But its eaten into money i got today. Plus the food shop was £100. ffs Rox will give me half back though later. 

Plus gas bill came out, and electric bill and phone bill. *sigh*

Next get money on 6th Aug. Cant come soon enough. 

Constant stress all the fucking time. I know i go on about it but i work myself ragged, and for barely ANY money. Unless i get funding. Which is absolutely hard work and stressful and anxiety inducing in itself. And never guaranteed! 

Bleurgh 

HERE COMES THE RAIN!

I can still do washing, just put it on the maiden. Inside. 

- Take medication 

- Put clothes wash on and then out to dry

- Email regarding letters of support for funding

- Top up gas

- Get petrol

- Buy milk and cereal

- Work on funding app - get notes / feedback

- Pick up Roxy from work

- Read 30 mins minimum

- Watch film

- Shower and bed!

Relatively easy (ish) day as waiting around for feedback etc . 

Just going to try take it steady. xx

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Salinger said:

But its eaten into money i got today. Plus the food shop was £100. ffs Rox will give me half back though later. 

Plus gas bill came out, and electric bill and phone bill. *sigh*

Next get money on 6th Aug. Cant come soon enough. 

Constant stress all the fucking time. I know i go on about it but i work myself ragged, and for barely ANY money. Unless i get funding. Which is absolutely hard work and stressful and anxiety inducing in itself. And never guaranteed! 

I feel this so hard right now.  But you got this!  You're working on funding apps and doing the best you can!!!

Great job on your weekly goals so far!

• Like 1

I have no idea how you were able to wait for your results before. I am literally sitting here like "maybe they updated the results...." -its only been 3 hrs-  like OKAY ... TELL ME NOW PLEASE. 

Oh I am right there with you on the wedding and wedding outfit. I was so stressed about that. In the end it all turned out but man, I was stressing before and after I saw other peoples outfits haha but looking back on pictures I think it turned out really well. 

Sorry to hear about the money. Money is just so hard. You need it to live but it's not exactly the easiest thing to come by. 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

13 hours ago, Rookie said:

I have no idea how you were able to wait for your results before. I am literally sitting here like "maybe they updated the results...." -its only been 3 hrs-  like OKAY ... TELL ME NOW PLEASE. 

Oh I am right there with you on the wedding and wedding outfit. I was so stressed about that. In the end it all turned out but man, I was stressing before and after I saw other peoples outfits haha but looking back on pictures I think it turned out really well. 

Sorry to hear about the money. Money is just so hard. You need it to live but it's not exactly the easiest thing to come by. 

Im confused, have you applied for funding?! :)

Glad it turned out well for you! Im mainly panicking because these people that will be there, i know from school, not seen them since i left (apart from the bride ofc, who im close to...) but i wasnt out as queer back then and im stressing about my weight and everythng :( 

Thank you Rookie xx

• Like 1

Morning all...9.30am here, raining a lot and cold. Got a blanket round me :o last week was SO HOT and a few days later its freezing haaha madness. 

Last night I got some feedback on my big funding app. Was really great feedback and im defo on the right track and doing pretty well with it. Lots of good tips to add in as well. So i will work on that today. 

Going to a gig tonight which im looking forward to!

Rox goes away tmoro for the weekend, will miss her a lot! xx

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Glad it turned out well for you! Im mainly panicking because these people that will be there, i know from school, not seen them since i left (apart from the bride ofc, who im close to...) but i wasnt out as queer back then and im stressing about my weight and everythng :( 

1. Fuck 'em, and 2. fuck 'em. Big and powerful Viking.

Viking Battle Thor GIF by THE BEARD STRUGGLE

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

3 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

1. Fuck 'em, and 2. fuck 'em. Big and powerful Viking.

This is the best advice.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

Im confused, have you applied for funding?! :)

lol oh gosh no. I couldn’t handle that stress. I meant covid test lol

reply up here to the quote down there because mobile is dumb….

big hugs. Yeah that can’t be easy.  I like Sara’s viking approach personally lol

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Hey all 

3:30pm....

done pretty much nothing today. Slept a hell of a lot. Feel exhausted and kinda nauseous.

made a hot dog for lunch which wasn’t as good choice :(

hating myself a lot and could do with some perspective really. I don’t know.

I need to get out of fucking bed....tidy up. Do work. But I’m struggling!!!! Xx

49 minutes ago, Salinger said:

I need to get out of fucking bed....tidy up. Do work. But I’m struggling!!!! Xx

Let me try this bard thing: YOU ARE AMAZING AND YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE THE COURSE OF YOUR DAY RIGHT NOW!!!!  IT'S NOT EASY, BUT YOU ARE STRONG AND YOU GOT THIS!!!!

HERE'S YOUR INSPIRATION GIF

go go go dog GIF

• Like 1

Sal you're a beautiful and wonderful person. Please take care if yourself. Even if you don't Feel good about yourself, please treat yourself well anyway. Can you think of one thing you can do right now to make things a little better? A short walk? A glass of water? Have you had your meds? Can you put one thing away or wash one dish?

Sending you love!

• Like 2

Matthew 25:34-40

35 minutes ago, Novaurora said:

Let me try this bard thing: YOU ARE AMAZING AND YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE THE COURSE OF YOUR DAY RIGHT NOW!!!!  IT'S NOT EASY, BUT YOU ARE STRONG AND YOU GOT THIS!!!!

HERE'S YOUR INSPIRATION GIF

Thank you Nova ❤️ yes i can change the course of the day....

I wish those puppies were running to me right now haha !!

xx

4 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

Sal you're a beautiful and wonderful person. Please take care if yourself. Even if you don't Feel good about yourself, please treat yourself well anyway. Can you think of one thing you can do right now to make things a little better? A short walk? A glass of water? Have you had your meds? Can you put one thing away or wash one dish?

Sending you love!

THANK YOU MIA ❤️ thats so kind. 

Thanks also, for the medication reminder, i just took them. I came down and the kitchen is clean and tidy (i did it yesterday but had forgotten) so phew. xx

_______

Hey all. 5pm now. Still raining. Need the grass cutting but its relentless rain for days! 

I posted at 3.30 then dragged myself out of bed, as i said to Mia, the kitchen is clean so i was thankful for yesterdays me, for cleaning haha made a cup of tea then lit some nice smelling candles, and started some work. 

Doing quite well tbh, 45 mins and writing quite a bit on the funding application. Getting through it. Need it to be ok to send for feedback by tmoro eve. 

Im so fucking exhuasted guys, yawning and eyes watering! Slept so much today though?!?! 

Will do a weekly plan in diary in a moment. Maybe getting things down will help my anxiety? 

Roxy is away this weekend in Wales. She just messaged to 'remind me that she loves me' ❤️  i miss her already haha she is back Monday afternoon. Tonight, just going to chill out probably, might have chicken stir fry for dinner mmmmm 

Maybe watch a film.....

Tomorrow - work on app, meet friend at 6pm for drinks. Sunday - relax, read, relax, relax, relax and GYM :P

Monday SEE ROXXXXX!!!!!

*yawn*

xx

• Like 2

I'm a big fan of doing one thing. Maybe after you get up and get a drink of water you'll feel like going for a little walk. Maybe you won't, but hey, you're better hydrated now. Maybe if you wash one dish you'll go ahead and do the whole sink. Maybe you won't but that's one less dish that needs washed later.

The brain gremlins will tell you that doing one thing doesn't make any difference and you might as well not bother, but the brain gremlins lie, Sal. Don't listen to them. Blast some music to drown them out and get one thing done.

Also, you don't need to drink some water and go for a walk (or complete any other task) to validate your worth. You can drink water and go outside because you deserve to take care of yourself and stay hydrated and absorb some sunshine. But it doesn't make you a terrible person if you don't. 

EDIT: You updated while I was writing this, glad to hear you're doing better. Now go rest!

• Like 3

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Hey all. again. 7.45pm. For the past 2 hours or so, i have worked very hard on the funding app. 

Ive now sent the first finished draft to three people to read and offer feedback :) feeling quite good about it i think?!

Hoping  i dont get feedback saying, START AGAIN ITS CRAP hahahhahaha

Now i can relax this weekend tbh, as im waiting.....

Think i will make a tea and read for a bit, lying on the sofa. Then i may get a bath and an early night. xx

• Like 4