Morning y’all! For anyone who doesn’t know me I am Rookie. A 31 year old who refuses to grow up and is constantly trying to live her best life 😂 My ultimate goal is to create a functional body that can last for a long time. Part of that puzzle would be dropping 60lbs.

20191107_101949-2.jpg.14a059cca6bd39cc9f2dced93e4495af.jpg

I love my 3 dogs, my horse Daisy and painting. So naturally my challenges usually turn into a show and tell. I hope you guys like pictures 😋

Goal: Lose 5lbs

> Eat 1800 calories daily

> Walk up and down the hill 2 times / week

> Work through my “Riding Fear Free” book and do any exercises it recommends by the end of this challenge

• Like 11
  • That's Metal 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

I’m currently playing the is my sore throat from covid or stirring up all the dust in my house game. Super fun. It could just be a plain old cold too just from my body being overly exhausted from all the friends wedding stuff then being in the heat to the rain back to the heat. I’m pretty sure it was the dust that did it though. I decided it would be a great idea to brush my shepherd then sweep the whole main floor after trimming the dogs nails. I managed to fill a whole bag with dust and hair. Probably not my best idea. I should of waited a week or two until I knew I didn’t get covid from the wedding. But apparently itchy throat is not a symptom of covid so I am leaning more towards the whole dust thing. 

• Like 4

My todo list

> Bring bleach, coconut oil and vinegar to barn

> Clean mom's locker with bleach / vinegar

> Put coconut oil on Daisys hooves

> Wrap sisters present for her birthday tomorrow

> Finish 3 horse head designs for tattoo lady

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Hope its not Covid Rookie, rest up ❤️ 

xx

What is ....rest. LOL Kidding. Kind of. At least the wedding and all the events are over ;) until next year apparently.

• Like 3

Howdy!

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Just sore throat - likely dust. Keep an eye on the symptoms though! Try to get SOME rest (and no - I don't know what that is either LOL).

• Like 2

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

8 hours ago, Athaclena said:

Just sore throat - likely dust. Keep an eye on the symptoms though! Try to get SOME rest (and no - I don't know what that is either LOL).

Just sore and itchy throat so far. Certain things irritate it like the AC, hot air and perfumey things. Makes me feel a bit better to hear someone else say that! Every time now I feel a bit under the weather my line goes “oh no the rona!” But it hasn’t been yet thankfully. Usually it’s allergies. 

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

you look AMAZING in that photo - i just saw it ! xx

Thank you! That was taken 2 years ago I think lol the last November when things were still open. 

4 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Such a beautiful horse! 🥰

Fingers crossed that your throat feels better soon!

Thank you! I love her 😍

Apparently wearing a mask is 31+C weather in a car then riding in said weather then going back to a mask when you are huffing and puffing isn’t great for the throat… weird 🤷🏻‍♀️ Totally didn’t see that one coming lol

• Like 5

So obviously it wasn’t as hot today as it was last week for my lesson…. But it was still freaking hot. Plus I lessoned inside so we could be out of the sun but that also means less breeze. On top of the heat I obviously had my irritated throat AND my legs are just so tired from that hill. Mainly my shins. So all of that combined it made for a interesting lesson. I enjoyed it but I think I would of performed better if I didn’t have 3 things working against me. 

I still need to wrap my sisters present. Part of me is wanting to wait until tomorrow but the other part of me is saying my legs will be worse tomorrow and I’ll regret it. But I’m pretty much just at the point where I want to drink tea, eat popsicles or icecream she watch sailor moon or play breath of the wild. Unfortunately if I want icecream I’ll need to leave the house and drive which currently sucks with my shins. 

• Like 6

It is at this point that I find myself working + also trying to make an icecream cake for my sisters birthday tonight..... Godspeed Rookie. 

Also theres a fun adult only "wine show" tomorrow and I am mighty tempted. I could do the 18" / cross rail class. But I don't know lol I haven't really jumped anything in a good few months.

• Like 4

Spoiler

2256E91F-DCD0-4883-BCB0-1F70295908D5.thumb.jpeg.ff4ee5b993a446561904638f7ee8e591.jpeg9F8C7F14-906D-443C-8686-B2EC54E27B6C.jpeg.ab2d2100fc02ff4f25bc27fa19901992.jpeg

It turned out pretty decent looking. But it still hasn’t froze enough haha. It didn’t help that it’s frozen yogurt which is already on the softer side… and it probably needed a full day in the freezer. But I’m sure it will taste good. 

And I’m the only one so far at this birthday party haha. Just chilling in my parents  backyard. I should of brought  a book. I guess I could go swimming though before people get here. But I’m not sure I feel like from wet lol

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

Thats a good idea, hope you are negative, but well done for being responsible xx

I don’t feel super responsible lol since I still saw my family the day before and I still went for my riding lesson.  Granted I tried to keep distanced and was wearing a mask. But probably should of just canceled. At least that will be my thoughts if it doesn’t come back negative. 

——-

I ended up having a mini micro nap this morning in my bed (I’ve been sleeping on the couch until we get my results). I wish I could spend a bit more time lol but I need to get up for work. There’s a really nice storm happening outside! Downpour, lightning and thunder! Love it. 

Still no results so I will check closer to lunch again.

• Like 3

Still no results. I wish they just let me refresh the page instead of having to keep putting in all the information over and over again. Or better yet, just send me a text when my results are in. I feel they could figure that out. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Still no results. I wish they just let me refresh the page instead of having to keep putting in all the information over and over again. Or better yet, just send me a text when my results are in. I feel they could figure that out. 

Yeah, text messages would be very convenient for this kind of thing.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

8 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

Yeah, text messages would be very convenient for this kind of thing.

Seriously. I need to enter in 2 different numbers which each are 9 numbers long, a code, my name, birthday and gender every single time. 

And people keep asking me if I got results lol and I am like I will obviously tell you when I get them.

am just irritated I think. It feels like the end of a cold where the congestion is dying down but I am still sneezing and my throat randomly dries up making me have to cough or it has stuff in it and I need to clear it and no amount of water will stop those things. And because of the coughing my chest is starting to feel uncomfortable.  😑 And I am trying to work but I keep checking for results then getting annoyed they aren't there.... and at lunch I was trying to paint and the painting wasn't going well lol. </rant> 

• Like 3

Annoying that it still hasn't come through. Hopefully it's just a false alarm.

Anyway, first time visiting. I've enjoyed the pictures a lot. Blue nails rule. 

The goals sound good too. Overcoming fear takes a lot of determination but it'll feel great when you get there. 

• Like 3

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

2 hours ago, 18ck said:

Annoying that it still hasn't come through. Hopefully it's just a false alarm.

Anyway, first time visiting. I've enjoyed the pictures a lot. Blue nails rule. 

The goals sound good too. Overcoming fear takes a lot of determination but it'll feel great when you get there. 

Yup false alarm! I can continue to back out my lungs guilt free 😃

I got teal fingies and grey toes! But they do look pretty blue lol 

It would be great to get to that point! 

• Like 4

Woo negative on the rona! 

I forgot how annoying cold are since I haven’t had one since this started. But I am relieved it’s not the plague. I was fairly confident I didn’t have it but I also know my luck lol

• Like 8

Morning everyone!

Last night was interesting. I was sleeping on the couch which I have so far had a mostly positive experience with but for some reason I just couldn't fall asleep last night. I ended up falling asleep around 1am. Then I woke up at 4 choking/hacking out my lungs because every time air hit a certain part of my throat it triggered a coughing fit lol. Eventually I passed out again and woke up at 7 having my foot poked by Poncho. I then went to actual bed and slept in a bit. I am feeling better now. Not 100% but getting there. I am actually going to go to the barn tonight :) Then maybe tomorrow morning I will do my first official challenge walk up the hill. We will see.

This weekend is a long weekend so thats fun :)

• Like 5