Epsilonte respawns - summer vibes

Hey friends! :)

Busy season is almost over and I finally have some more time for fun challenges again! :D

This week will still be very busy (I'm doing my first practicum right now, like... treating real patients and stuff. :D It's amazing, but also full time and with work and stuff on the side, not much time remains...), but starting next week I will have 5 weeks of blissfull holidays (well, except for work, but that doesn't take too much time ;) ), with a cute little wedding at the end of it, so perfect for some NF action! :D 

I don't really have a battle plan so far, I just know I want to do all the things I didn't have time for in the last months: TONS of dancing, some stretching, maybe another pole challenge, playing lots of Guildwars 2, going back to the gym, reading some books... :D I need to make a reasonable plan this week, probably more towards the weekend... Will follow some time. 

But I wanted to get the thread here up and running. 😎 

dance bunny GIF

Soooo ready for summer to start! :D Three days to go! :) 

• Like 6

Challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13, 1415

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Yay you're here! That will truly be a well deserved break. :) What kind of pole challenge are you thinking?

❤️ I'm not sure yet. I have some of the videos from the challange back in January and might do those, or I make my own challenge, we will see. :D 

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Here to follow, it's good to see you! 

Wheee, nice to have you! :) I'm feeling a bit bad about always being so quiet on your challenges, I really enjoy reading them, but rarely have anything to contribute. ^^

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Following along and excited to see you back again :) 

Welcome, welcome! :D 

Previously on "Epsilontes life" aka "what happend in the last few weeks":

School: Exam season was tough (but everything went well :) I'm pretty happy with how I managed to finish my first year of school. :) ), didn't do much besides studying and surviving and thus didn't have much time or energy left for NF and other fun stuff. I had a few days off between my last exam and the start of my practicum, which I spent playing Guildwars all day to unwind a bit. Much needed. 

Three weeks ago my practicum started, I still have two days to go, but I'm almost done. It's really great! I'm working at a rehab center (I hope that's the correct term - it's for orthopaedic patients to get ambulant therapy, not for people trying to stop to drink xD) learning from finished therapists and treating real patients myself (supervised and I always have someone there to ask questions, but I can already do a ton of stuff myself). It's been awesome for my self assurance and nice to see how much I really did learn in this past year. Having a patient come back after a few days and telling me how much better they feel is the best feeling in the whole world (ok, one of the best feelings. :D ). So I'm really quite happy there, but still looking forward to having a few weeks off soon. :) 

This thing even makes me get up at 5:30 in the morning (so I can start at 7) and... liking it?? Couldn't do this in winter and it won't last much longer than this week probably, but it hasn't been too bad and it's nice to know I can do stuff like this. :D Usually getting up at 8 is early for me. xD 

Work: Still working, though I've just been doing 5-7 hours a week in the last weeks instead of my usual 10-15 since I have this little 40 hour practicum going on. xD I will work more during August since I finally have time for it, but just 5 hours a day, so still plenty of time to do nothing, play around, have fun and dance. :D And a reason to get up in the morning, something to structure my days, I think this will help with keeping my life together during the holidays. :) 

Additionally I was teaching a few pole classes as well, so the days have been rather long. 

Life: My friends threw me a really great hen night one Saturday. It was amazing! I didn't know of any of the plans beforehand, just that we would go to the Prater (our local amusement park) since it was my wish to eat ALL the cotton candy and ride ALL the rollercoasters. :D And we did. And it was awesome. :D But our first stop of the day (at noon) was actually a tattoo studio! They knew I wanted to get another tattoo for some time now and couldn't really afford it, so they just took me there and treated me to one. Best friends ever. :D I now have a cute little snake on my forearm, and a great memory. 

At the evening we went to a really spectacular burlesque show where another friend of us had her great burlesque stage debut (which I also didn't know - she actually blocked me on Instagram to keep it a secret xD). Best surprise ever. :) And also the reason why the hen night was almost two months before the wedding. xD 

Snake and Cotton Candy in spoiler. :) 

Spoiler

bkMljv2.jpg

Biggest cotton candy of all time :D 

6UErAZk.jpg

my cute little danger noodle (next to the rune I got as a souvenir last year in Iceland - I guess this will be my "great memories" arm now. :D ). There it was fresh, now it's almost fully healed. 

So: everything was well, I've just been rather busy. 

Next time on "Epsilontes life"... We will see. :D Don't know yet. :D Tomorrow I have dance practice after the practicum, so I probably won't write much, but I have a plan forming in my head that will probably be ready for revealing it on Friday. ;) :D 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yay for the new tattoo but an even bigger cheer for the good friends who made it possible :) 

Yessss, they are the best. ❤️ And now I will always remember them. :D 

14 hours ago, Athena said:

Hurrah! We are both back! Practice sounds like much fun and fulfilling. Enjoy ❤ Looking forward to the pole stories/challenges as well, and all else.

It's great! :D 

I'll try to post videos and stuff. :) 

5 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

Congratulations on everything!

Thank you!! :) 

Dance practice was great fun today! ❤️ I'm still a bit wonky on my feet (had a spontaneous tiny little surgery on one of my toes last week xD it's healing well, but not totally healed yet), but it was great dancing with people in the same room again. :)

Tomorrow: Last day of practicum! Last time getting up super early! Wheeee. :D

Though I kinda plan to keep the early rising time (well, maybe 6:30 instead of 5:30 though) to get in some stretching before work. Maybe. This will be Part 1 of my August Challenges. :D

• Like 2

Time for challenge goals! :D 

Keeping it easy and simple:

- get up at 6:30 and stretch before work, I want to work on my middle split again. 

- pole or gym twice a week (Why so little? I have a TON of dance practice coming up for our festival at the end of August, thus most evenings are already filled with stuff xD)

- get serious with intermittend fasting again.

That's it. Not much different from previous challenges, but I finally have time to dedicate to this again. :) 

There will be one week where I'm visiting family, so probably not much challenge stuff will happen, but I think I might have some fun stories there anyway. :D 

• Like 4

I'll keep an eye open for it. :)

Challenge start! Went super wonky. xD 

Yesterday we had a little  dance video shoot which took a wee bit longer than expected. Which meant I came home much later than expected, thus ate a lot later than I wanted which makes fasting hard. And getting up in the morning as well... Oops. :D At least I had a blast with my friends trying to get a nice video. 

So today I did get up earlier than I needed, but more like at 7 than 6:30. I wanted to start my stretching routine (at least some mobility stuff or something, just a nice video to ease myself back to daily stretching), and tried to log into the website I always used to renew my subscription there... But I couldn't. Something was off, it just redirected me to the login page over and over (I tried differend devices and different browsers and even reset my passwort). So didn't stretch either... Meh. 

Rest of the day will consist of costume making (we have our photoshoot tomorrow, so it has to look nice until then xD) and dance practice in the evening. About 4 hours of it. Because I'm doing waaaay to many performances this year and didn't have much time to practice until now. xD 

• Like 3

On 8/2/2021 at 8:48 PM, Mad Hatter said:

It might be a wonky start, but it sounds like you were both productive and had fun, which are both wins!

True! I had a ton of fun. :D

Sadly Monday was as wonky as Sunday was - again I came home late from dance practice and was starving, so of course I ate... But we had soooo much fun dancing, it was great! We were a really big group for once and it's just more fun that way. I was a bit almost burnt out before, but now I'm fully in love with improvisational belly dancing again. xD 

Tuesday: I kinda slept in, doesn't matter much, I still can't log in to the stretching site... I either need to contact them (sigh) or I search for a different program and try something new (I will probably to this, switching it up from time to time benefits the stretching goals. :D ). After work I needed to finish my viking costume (at least enough to make some pictures) since we had the photo shooting in the evening. I got it mostly done. :D Braiding my hair took the better part of the afternoon (ok not really, it took me about 45 mins, but still xD) but meeting up with my friends and taking fun pictures in full costume was great again! We went to a playground with a "Viking ship" and took sooo many stupid and a few earnest pictures, it was awesome. :) Again I came home rather late, but this time I just didn't eat anything so I finally managed to start my new IF cycle. xD Once I have it going, it works really well, but starting is sometimes hard. 

So today I fasted for 18 hours (I'm aiming for 16), first win. :D 

And I did get up at 6:30, but not for stretching... For cleaning the flat since a friend comes over today after work and I had everything cluttered with costume making stuff... xD

So while the last few days weren't perfect (or even ok xD) challenge-wise, I really enjoyed them and am quite happy with how I spent them. :) 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

Sadly Monday was as wonky as Sunday was - again I came home late from dance practice and was starving, so of course I ate... But we had soooo much fun dancing, it was great! We were a really big group for once and it's just more fun that way. I was a bit almost burnt out before, but now I'm fully in love with improvisational belly dancing again. xD 

Tuesday: I kinda slept in, doesn't matter much, I still can't log in to the stretching site... I either need to contact them (sigh) or I search for a different program and try something new (I will probably to this, switching it up from time to time benefits the stretching goals. :D ). After work I needed to finish my viking costume (at least enough to make some pictures) since we had the photo shooting in the evening. I got it mostly done. :D Braiding my hair took the better part of the afternoon (ok not really, it took me about 45 mins, but still xD) but meeting up with my friends and taking fun pictures in full costume was great again! We went to a playground with a "Viking ship" and took sooo many stupid and a few earnest pictures, it was awesome. :) Again I came home rather late, but this time I just didn't eat anything so I finally managed to start my new IF cycle. xD Once I have it going, it works really well, but starting is sometimes hard. 

ok xD) 

I'm glad your group was able to get together and that you're enjoying bellydancing in a group setting again!

I'm excited to see the costume and the braiding! 45 minutes is a LOT of work but I bet the results are pretty great! :D

4 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

So while the last few days weren't perfect (or even ok xD) challenge-wise, I really enjoyed them and am quite happy with how I spent them. :) 

I love this for you; this is what's most important!! I love challenges and working towards accomplishing goals but the point of them is to help make life more enjoyable in the long run! Living a life you enjoy is the ultimate goal and you're doing it. ❤️

• Like 2

EPIC Quest (under construction)

3 hours ago, MezzotheLefty said:

I'm excited to see the costume and the braiding! 45 minutes is a LOT of work but I bet the results are pretty great! :D

Haha 45 mins sounds impressive, but it's really just 5 braids (4 tiny ones, one bigger one and the rest was free and flowing - I tried something I saw Lagertha wear in the Vikings series)... My hair is just quite long so the tiny braids take aaaaages to finish. xD But I'm still wearing them and might even keep them until tomorrow, so: 45mins of work for 3+ days of pretty hair is not too bad. xD

3 hours ago, MezzotheLefty said:

Living a life you enjoy is the ultimate goal and you're doing it. ❤️

❤️❤️ I try to. What good is a life that you don't enjoy at all? ^^

16 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

We went to a playground with a "Viking ship" and took sooo many stupid and a few earnest pictures, it was awesome.

That does indeed sound supremely awesome

16 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

but not for stretching... For cleaning the flat since a friend comes over today

Haha, always the best motivator for cleaning :D 

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

18 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Haha, always the best motivator for cleaning :D 

Oh yes, and I did it again today. :D (well, vacuum at least... xD)

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Can't wait to see viking outfit! You'll share some photos right?? 

Of course! :D I don't have the "official" ones yet, but I do have some behind the scenes ones... :D

Costume requirements were: visible belly and upper arms, needs to have something blue. 

I played Khal Drogo when we did Game of Thrones, so I took my Drogo costume and pimped it up. Only thing I needed to buy for this were the beads for the necklace-thingie, the rest I already had at home or got from friends. Including the furs. Sorry for any vegans here... ^^ (those are old fur rests my vegan friend inherited from an aunt - her way of thinking: the animals are long dead anyway, it's already done, so let's make something useful from the fur).

I also don't have an axe since I don't need one for my part of the choreo, that's why I'm posing with my dance scimitar... xD Not very viking, but better than nothing. :P Also: we are FANTASY vikings, so it's fine. :P 

Pics are huge again since I forgot to shrink them down, sorry^^

Spoiler

609FCus.jpg

2dFze84.jpg

mWEXZc2.jpg

There are still a few things I need to tweak, but overall it should survive the dancing. xD 

Can't wait for the group pics, those will be very nice as well. :)

So yesterday my friend came over, we baked some monkey bread and ate it all. The end. xD I did my fasting before stuffing my face with cake, had a loveley evening and didn't even think about stretching... Funny, I thought the stretching part would be the easiest part of the challenge since I already did this over months last year. Turns out it's the hardest part... xD

Today was similar to yesterday, got up early, went to work, cleaned the flat (vacuumed - I wouldn't have bothered just for myself, but well, I got a visitor again. xD), played some guildwars, enjoyed my evening with a friend. This time I made some Spinatspatzlen. Today's friend was here to get to know my cats since she will be cat (and flat) sitting while we are visiting family later this month. The cats seem to like her, so everything is well. :D (They have already seen her a few times, but they are rather shy...)

• Like 5