Jump to content

Epsilonte respawns - summer vibes


Recommended Posts

On 8/6/2021 at 5:41 AM, Epsilonte said:

I do have some behind the scenes ones...

The costume looks great!.  I especially like the one with the drinking horn.  

  • Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to comment

Thank you all! :D

 

I also love how it turned out, but need to tweak a few things to make it more dancable... This is what I'll be doing for the better part of today, since we have another practice session in full costume later today. 

 

I'm totally failing at this challenge so far, but not even mad about it. xD Live is good the way it is, so I just choose the wrong challenge goals, right? ^^ Only thing remotely working is the intermittend fasting. Because it's easier NOT to do something than to do something... So far: no stretching, no pole, no gym. Oops. Waking up early: 50:50, I did it some days this week, but not all days. But it's been so nice to actually be able to sleep in for once, so it's fine. 

We'll see what next week brings. ^^

 

Yesterday I helped my cat sitting friend with putting together some IKEA furniture, afterwards we treated ourselves to some sushi while watching Sailor Moon. Great way to have lunch. :D In the evening I met up with another friend who invited us to some barbecue on her roof-deck and it was marvellous. In between I played a lot of Guildwars 2 - I really got into playing World versus World again, it's been so much fun the past few days. Usually I'm just running around in PvE alone, so sitting in discord with 50 people trying to smash up other players has been a great change of pace. Also made me realize how much I miss being in a guild - my former guildies stopped playing years ago. :( Really need to get myself a new guild. :D Maybe that should be my challenge goal instead of gym and pole... :P :D 

 

Anyway, I have a costume to finish! See you later, my friends. :) 

  • Like 6

Challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13, 14

Link to comment

Finished the costume, smashed the rehearsal, played some more Guildwars 2. Good Sunday. xD

 

Today I finally started stretching again. Got up early, installed the Stretch It App (recommended by a friend of mine, first week is free so I'll give it a try), started the Middle Split Challenge there. Today was a very nice fullbody beginner session, very short. Great to get back into stretching again. Felt good to move. ❤️ Even if it was a bit early. xD I feel like I can finally get somewhere with this challenge again. :)

 

I have another dance rehearsal tonight and until then: more Guildwars it is! :D 

  • Like 3

Challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13, 14

Link to comment

Aaaaand my mojo is gone again. xD

 

I was a naughty girl yesterday and drank a tiny amount of (black) coffee for breakfast. Around 9am. I had such cravings... And felt great all day. And did not fall asleep for AGES in the evening... Thus I couldn't get up early, so no stretching yet, and everything is weird. xD When will I finally learn that I really don't do well with coffee? :( I love how it tastes, but it always keeps me up at night, no matter how early I drink it. 

 

So the plan for today is: finish work, stretch, leave the house - I have some errands to run, want to go to the pole studio and have a bellydancing class in the evening. Wheeeeee. :D I can still save this. Somewhat. xD And after all this running around I'll hopefully be so tired tonight, that sleep won't be a problem. 

  • Like 4

Challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13, 14

Link to comment
On 8/11/2021 at 8:14 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Decaf?

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers:D 

 

 

Long time no update, sorry. :D 

 

So what have I been doing... Ah yes. Tuesday I didn't get to pole and stretch after all since my errands took me too long :(  but I had a very nice bellydancing class in the evening. :)  And stretched afterwards. :P

Wednesday started with stretching, then work, then DnD. Awesome. :D

Thursday was a long day, I got up early to stretch and then went to work, like real life driving there and meeting people for the first time in a year. xD So I did a full day instead of half a day. Afterwards I met up with friends and ate ALL THE JAPANESE THINGS. It was like anime heaven... First time eating Okonomiyaki and I have to say: love that stuff. I want those to be my breakfast forever, thanks. :D Oh and I drank some coffee again, since we have great coffee at the office. And a bubble tea for lunch. I was super hyped that night. xD

Today was the start of my work free time. I needed to get a new passport, run some other errands and spent the rest of the day cleaning the flat (so my friend has it nice when she is sitting the cats tomorrow :D ) and playing guildwars. :) 

 

I'll take a week off now, going to visit family and since I don't have a laptop and find writing in forums on my phone very arduous, I'll probably not be online much. I wish you a happy week! :)  See ya later! :D 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13, 14

Link to comment
On 8/8/2021 at 3:02 AM, Epsilonte said:

Thank you all! :D

 

I also love how it turned out, but need to tweak a few things to make it more dancable... This is what I'll be doing for the better part of today, since we have another practice session in full costume later today. 

 

I'm totally failing at this challenge so far, but not even mad about it. xD Live is good the way it is, so I just choose the wrong challenge goals, right? ^^ Only thing remotely working is the intermittend fasting. Because it's easier NOT to do something than to do something... So far: no stretching, no pole, no gym. Oops. Waking up early: 50:50, I did it some days this week, but not all days. But it's been so nice to actually be able to sleep in for once, so it's fine. 

We'll see what next week brings. ^^

 

Yesterday I helped my cat sitting friend with putting together some IKEA furniture, afterwards we treated ourselves to some sushi while watching Sailor Moon. Great way to have lunch. :D In the evening I met up with another friend who invited us to some barbecue on her roof-deck and it was marvellous. In between I played a lot of Guildwars 2 - I really got into playing World versus World again, it's been so much fun the past few days. Usually I'm just running around in PvE alone, so sitting in discord with 50 people trying to smash up other players has been a great change of pace. Also made me realize how much I miss being in a guild - my former guildies stopped playing years ago. :( Really need to get myself a new guild. :D Maybe that should be my challenge goal instead of gym and pole... :P :D 

 

Anyway, I have a costume to finish! See you later, my friends. :) 

Yay costume pics! I love it! ❤️ and the hair is fabulous too :)

 

I'm watching Sailor Moon too. I'm maybe halfway through season 1. I feel like it's going at warp speed...  the plot lines are going by so fast! Like, did she really fall for Mamoru in 3 episodes??? Overall I'm enjoying the nostalgia though. Usagi is a better character than I remember. She seems more aware of others' feelings and stands up for them instead of being self-absorbed like I remember her.

 

3 minutes ago, Epsilonte said:

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers:D 

 

 

Long time no update, sorry. :D 

 

So what have I been doing... Ah yes. Tuesday I didn't get to pole and stretch after all since my errands took me too long :(  but I had a very nice bellydancing class in the evening. :)  And stretched afterwards. :P

Wednesday started with stretching, then work, then DnD. Awesome. :D

Thursday was a long day, I got up early to stretch and then went to work, like real life driving there and meeting people for the first time in a year. xD So I did a full day instead of half a day. Afterwards I met up with friends and ate ALL THE JAPANESE THINGS. It was like anime heaven... First time eating Okonomiyaki and I have to say: love that stuff. I want those to be my breakfast forever, thanks. :D Oh and I drank some coffee again, since we have great coffee at the office. And a bubble tea for lunch. I was super hyped that night. xD

Today was the start of my work free time. I needed to get a new passport, run some other errands and spent the rest of the day cleaning the flat (so my friend has it nice when she is sitting the cats tomorrow :D ) and playing guildwars. :) 

 

I'll take a week off now, going to visit family and since I don't have a laptop and find writing in forums on my phone very arduous, I'll probably not be online much. I wish you a happy week! :)  See ya later! :D 

 

Sounds yummy... and bubble tea (boba tea?) is my #1 guilty pleasure.

 

Enjoy your break!

  • Like 1

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

 

EPIC Quest

Link to comment
On 8/14/2021 at 3:18 AM, Epsilonte said:

First time eating Okonomiyaki and I have to say: love that stuff. I want those to be my breakfast forever, thanks

Oh, me too (unless you are doing it Hiroshima style, and then meh).  I should probably make some again sometime

  • Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to comment
On 8/15/2021 at 8:09 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Oh, me too (unless you are doing it Hiroshima style, and then meh).  I should probably make some again sometime

Oooooh you probably have a great recipe that you want to share, right? :D

 

On 8/21/2021 at 6:36 AM, Mad Hatter said:

How's the week been @Epsilonte?

It was awesome :)

 

No fasting (haha, on the contrary, we ate so much great food!), no dancing or stretching (but lots of walking and a bit of hiking), getting up reasonably early to eat breakfast together with my parents. And lots of naps.

Both Saturdays were spent driving - it is a good 600km distance and it was a heavy traffic weekend, so it took us some time... Usually I'm going there by train, this time the future MIL offered to drive with her car. Actually almost takes longer than the train, but it's nice to have some space for stuff (especially on the way home - my mom likes to give me ALL THE FOOD and this way it was easier to carry. :D

 

Sunday we went for a little (3 hour xD) walk in the woods of my village to visit the earth pyramids

Monday was my birthday, we went to the city by cable car because we could (I'm from a tiny mountain village, this is just how it's done there :D ) and hiked back home (about 1h from the cable car). And afterwards we ate a lot of really big and really good Marillenknödel (sweet dumplings filled with one apricot each. It's a dough made of potatoes and rolled in a mix of sugar, cinnamon and bread crumbs (and lots of butter). See picture below. :D 

Tuesday we drove upward and hiked around the peak of my little mountain (2200m high), where you can see all the surrounding mountains, it's really quite beautiful there. Again, some pictures below. 

Wednesday we visited some friends for... you guessed it - hiking and eating. xD 

Thursday we went for a little walk again, to some different earth pyramids. There are really a lot of those where I'm from, they are really quite pretty. :D 

Friday was eating day again, we went to a fancy restaurant to celebrate the wedding since my parents can't come here for it (they, especially my father, are quite old and he was rather ill last winter and is still a bit weak since then... He went on most of the walks with us, but my mom is very afraid that driving 600km and celebrating a wedding will be too much for him. :( ) and in the evening we made a little trip to another city to eat some ice cream and stroll trough the city. 

 

All in all it was a great week. :) It was good to be back, I haven't been there since X-Mas of 2019 because of covid... I'm glad we visited and it was very nice, but I'm also happy to be back in Vienna again. 

 

Pictures here :D

 

  • Like 3

Challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13, 14

Link to comment

Sunday:

Spent the day playing Guildwars 2. :) I missed this. ❤️ 

In the evening we went to the gym and I'm really feeling it today, I haven't been there in quite some time... 

 

Fasting: still running, almost done. :) We are going to play DnD today soon, so I plan to fast until then. xD Don't really have time to eat anything before that anyways. :P

Sleep: Ignored my alarm at 6:30 (set it new to 7:30) because it was sooo cosy in bed - it was raining outside, the window was open, perfect cuddle weather. ❤️ :D 

  • Like 2

Challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13, 14

Link to comment

Quick update: 

Monday: Gym again after DnD! I'm proud of that. :D 

 

Tuesday: DOMS. xD And dance rehearsals. 

Wednesdas: More dance rehearsals. 

Today: Guildwars ❤️

 

Tomorrow: The big show! It will be watchable online via zoom if anyone want's to look for themselves ( @Mad Hatter? :D ), see here: https://www.caravanseray-vienna.info/en/theater-show-en/ 

I'm dancing in the second and last act (last will be the Viking stuff). Can't wait!! ❤️  (But this is the reason I've been quiet again here, we had a lot of rehearsals and I needed to finish some costume stuff atop of work and you know how it is... :D ) 

 

Wheeee can't wait for tomorrow and the weekend, filled with dance, laughter and friends. And cookies. We always have cookies. ❤️ 

And next week is wedding week. Aaaaah! :D So much excitement right now!! :D ( I might or might not have drunken some coffee again this morning (16 hours ago... xD) because I was pysically at work and the coffee there is amazing... Ahem. xD) Wheeeee. :D 

Btw, fun fact: one of my work collegues is also getting married next Friday. At the same little town where we will be having our wedding, just three hours later... :P (and my work place isn't that big that something like this might happen, we are only about 40-50 people total, my wedding is the fifth in four years that I know of there... xD) Her wedding is much bigger though, I think her dress alone costs more than our whole wedding. xD Whelp. xD I like it small and cosy. :P 

  • Like 4

Challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13, 14

Link to comment
On 8/22/2021 at 2:57 PM, Epsilonte said:

Oooooh you probably have a great recipe that you want to share, right? :D

It's been a while so don't remember what goes into the batter but it is pretty much the same thing as pancake batter with shredded cabbage in it.  The key is making sure the pork strips are fried up first before pouring the batter on them and then adding the right stuff on top (Kewpie mayo, seaweed powder, dried fish flakes, and okonomiyaki sauce).

 

On 8/27/2021 at 6:45 AM, Epsilonte said:

we will be having our wedding

Excited for you guys :)   I hope you have a wonderful wedding

  • Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to comment
On 8/28/2021 at 4:45 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Excited for you guys :)   I hope you have a wonderful wedding

Thank you!! :D

 

 

I had an amaaaazing weekend. Filled with dance, cookies, laughter, friends, more dance and even more cookies. ❤️ 

All in all I did 4 performances in 2 shows and two workshops. Loved it. ❤️ 

Tonight we had an online show - prerecorded videos streamed via youtube (since many of the usual participants can't be here right now), so if you count that as well I did 5 performances in 3 shows. :P Video is here, our choreo is the first one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9-g5hZ0kis inspired by witches and divination. We had a lot of fun filming it... Though we wanted to do it outside, but there a was huuuuuge thunderstorm going on that day, so staying in the studio it was. ^^

 

Challengewise: Total failure. xD But who cares, the whole week was great, I had a lot of fun, life is good. :)

Next week will probably also not be the best for the challenge - my nieces arrive tomorrow so I'll be doing a lot of touristy stuff with them, I'm looking forward to that. :) My brother and his wife will arrive on Thursday, Wedding is on Friday, then the weekend will be spent with clean up and relaxation... And then school starts again. xD 

I guess my next challenge will be pure survival again since I won't have much time for anything else. :) Already booked new bellydancing classes and pole will start again that week for me as well... xD I need more than 7 days is a week please. Can we make it 10? with 5 days weekend? and 30 hours days? That would be great, thanks. :D 

  • Like 2

Challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13, 14

Link to comment

Quick update: Still running around the city with my nieces (they are still sleeping today, might have overdone it a bit yesterday xD We went to the prater and tried out ALL the rollercoasters and then went to visit my other brother to play some beat saber. :D ), tomorrow is the wedding day, aaaah! So excited! :D

Still need to do my hair and nails, those will be done this afternoon while watching the Lord of the Rings (my nieces haven't seen it yet and I need to make sure they get a proper education in nerdy stuff. :D But I'm actually rather proud of them - on Tuesday we went to the biggest shopping district, spent 2 hours in a bookstore and went home again. xD ❤️ ). Good times. :) 

 

Hope you all are well!

  • Like 2

Challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13, 14

Link to comment
On 9/2/2021 at 7:04 PM, MezzotheLefty said:

Herzliche Glückwünsche zur Hochzeit!! ☺️

(My phone believes in umlauts lol)

 

It sounds like lovely and wholesome family time! I'm so excited for you!!! 💕 Try to soak it all in and enjoy, it's a whirlwind of a day... It was for me anyway. 

 

Vielen lieben Dank! :D 

 

On 9/3/2021 at 1:47 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Pics or it didn't happen :P 

 

Hehe, see below. :)

 

On 9/4/2021 at 4:23 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Congrats hope you'll have a magic wedding day!!! ❤️

 

 

Thank youuuu! We did have a magical day. ❤️ 

 

 

Wedding stuff: IT WAS AWESOME. :D We had a ton of great food (cooked by the mister and his family, they worked so much for this day and made it really special - my family was very impressed and they are not easy to impress if it comes to eating... xD), a lovely time with family and friends, great weather (last week was kinda coldish and a bit rainy - friday it was 25°C, sunshine, not one cloud to see. And no wind. That basically never happens here. :D ), overall it was awesome. :) Super chill as well, it was a nice little garden party, everyone was sitting in the grass on blankets (of course we also had tables and stuff), there was a little fire in the evening... It was perfect. :) Oh and we had tons of cake (there is still a lot left of the wedding cake... Of course we have a slice to eat on our first anniversary, but we have enough slices to do this every second month until then as well xD). :D 

Since the mister is the romantic one in our relationship, he had the most wonderful wedding vows prepared, made almost everybody cry, himself included. xD ❤️ 

Favourite gift: Our RPG people got us a little "adventure of marriage" kit, including "character sheets", awesome dice, mana potions (selfmade liqueur), healing potions (selfmade massage oil :D ), some more selfmade food stuff and the Ctulhu rule book, since we both enjoyed playing it so much. :)❤️ 

 

bj0MAf5.jpg

 

My new phone background, since it has everything important in it. :P :D

More pics here.

🥰🥰🥰

 

I'll probably post some more when I get the "professional" ones, right now it's just snapshots made by our guests. :) 

  • Like 3

Challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13, 14

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines