something, something, sylph, something, something

Last challenge went kaput. Ah well, here we go to try again.

Gym

Fell off the wagon pretty hard here. Need to get back to it. Still aiming for 2x/week in some shape or form.

Kitchen

This is small, but important to me. Each workday, ensure the kitchen counter is clear of dishes. If they fit in the dishwasher, put them there. If they need to be washed, wash them. A clean kitchen counter seems to do positive things for my daily outlook, so I'd like to prioritize this in some way. After I've eaten lunch is a natural break in the day and I should be able to handle this at that point.

Explore

We are carefully getting back out into the world post-vaccine. After being holed up indoors for a year+ in a new state, it's time to get out there. At least three times over this challenge, get out and do something in town (restaurant, shop, park, whatever) so that when/if people come visit, we have some sort of knowledge about the area.

• Like 2

Nothing in particular, really. Our closest town is apparently fairly touristy (lots of antiquing in the area, I guess) so there are good restaurants, cute little shops downtown, etc. so we should have lots of options. We could also venture out for day trips here and there which would count for this. Basically anything that isn't hermit-ing in the house or heading to the grocery store/hardware store/etc.

Of course, mask mandates are ramping up again so we may have to modulate this goal...

• Like 1

Here to vicariously explore your new home town :) 

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 7/28/2021 at 10:26 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Here to vicariously explore your new home town :) 

Hopefully the delta variant doesn't put too much of a damper on things.

17 hours ago, KB Girl said:

completely relate to this one! good luck with this challenge :)

Thanks! I keep re-learning how small things make a difference.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, sylph said:

I know this will hit some of you the same way it did me.

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/brain_compliments

Oh yes.  Very much

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 8/4/2021 at 3:19 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Oh yes.  Very much

22 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Hah just read that before coming here. 

The Oatmeal is so often on-point. Great stuff.

• Like 1

hrm... keeping the kitchen counter clear is going well. I've let hubs know that it's something I'm trying to do so he's doing his part.

Exploration of town may need to go on pause for a bit. Hubs and I had a conversation yesterday about the delta variant and tried to assess how worried we are about it (both being vaxxed). We came up with a lot of uncertainty and indeterminate feelings so we'll sit on it and think about it some more.

Possibly ditto for gym attendance. I think I'm okay with going and possibly working out in a mask, since the gym isn't that busy most of the time when I'm there, but more thought required and more data to be gathered.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Thinking about it a bit more makes sense. Which vaccines did you guys get? 

Pfizer for both of us. Our second dose was in... April I think? or very early May. Somewhere in there.

20 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

The last compliment I got I replied with a "thank you, I hear it's time for a pay rise". Maybe I've gotten cocky haha over the years.  :P 10 years ago that would've been me for sure.

Compliments at work are (to me) a whole different thing than someone complimenting me personally. Work compliments... well, I've seen the average level of stuff that other people produce.

This likely means I've gained confidence in myself over the last decade(s) as well.

4 hours ago, sylph said:

Compliments at work are (to me) a whole different thing than someone complimenting me personally. Work compliments... well, I've seen the average level of stuff that other people produce.

This likely means I've gained confidence in myself over the last decade(s) as well.

Hmm kinda, but actually the average level at my company is rather very high so that argument doesn't hold up very well for me personally.

But I don't know. These days it's more like... who am I to judge other people's opinions? By not accepting a compliment I'm invalidating their opinion and that's not cool.

4 hours ago, sylph said:

Excellent!

On 8/9/2021 at 5:42 AM, KB Girl said:

Pfizer seems to be doing very well vs delta at least? 

Yep. I'm wondering if (when?) there will be a recommendation to get a third shot as a booster, since apparently there is some evidence that that makes the Pfizer vaccine even more effective against Delta.

Kitchen has remained tidy for the most part. Every day there is at least *some* point in the day where everything is clean and put away.

...That may only last for five minutes, but it's something. I REALLY like waking up to a cleared off countertop and otherwise tidy kitchen. So nice.

Exploration and gym time are still on hold a bit.

However, we are FINALLY going to have to clear out the spare junk/storage room and put a bed in there because one of my friends from Michigan just booked tickets to come visit in the middle of October for a long weekend. EEE! I am so excited to see her and am SO GLAD that we have motivation to clear up that room, since it is a DISASTER at the moment.

• Like 2