Last challenge was basically a success. Improvements were made in all areas, but more improvements could be made. This challenge is really just a continuation of the last one.

Nutrition:

Calories – Last challenge was 1800/day with one day at 2300. This should put me at a loss of 1-2lbs per week depending on exercise. I only stuck to the goal 63% of the time, but I lost around 10lbs, which tells me my average was good. So this time around my goal is 13000 calories per week which is averaging 1850/day. It comes out to the same over the course of a week as last challenge, but I don’t get dinged if I’m over a day.

Soda – Still a goal of none. I don’t need it and I don’t even enjoy it all that much. I just need to re-wire my brain to stop craving it as a comfort or reward food

Energy Drinks – My energy drinks are those flavor mixes you add to a bottle of water. Feels better than an “actual” energy drink, but each one still has 120mg of caffeine which exacerbates my anxiety. Last challenge was a max of 2/day and I stuck to it 100%. This challenge I’m gonna try to go down to 1/day an average of 1.5/day (decided against a full shift down to 1/day). Wish me luck.

Fitness:

Kickboxing – 3/week. I really enjoy this and am back in the habit so this shouldn’t be hard

Lifting – 2/week. In addition, I need to come up with a full body program of exercises that I actually like, will do consistently, and will do regardless of who else might be in the gym.

Hip mobility – 6/week. Last challenge I started going to a PT and learned that my gluteus medius (triangular muscle right on the outside of the hip) is super tight and the main cause to the hip pain I’d been dealing with. She’s given me stretches and exercises to help get my hip back up to snuff. Ideally I’d do them daily, but am giving myself a little leeway for life happening

Bonus: Shoulder mobility – My shoulder has been iffy too. I haven’t talked with the PT about this yet, but I might as well start adding in some shoulder mobility with my hip work

House:

Oh my beautiful, never-ending project of a house. I have a list of things I want to get done and the goal is to do at least one thing from the list each week.

Spoiler

1.       Call someone about the gutters (they need repaired or replaced)

2.       Have an electrician look at some shady wiring we found this weekend

3.       Actually install the light fixtures we bought like a month ago. If we like the one we bought as a tester, buy the matching ones we need and install them as well

4.       Refinish the upstairs half bath. It needs some holes in the wall patched, repainted, a new toilet, the faucet replaced, and toilet paper and hand towel holders installed. Maybe a new mirror. The biggest hurdle to getting started is figuring out what color to paint (which @Novaurora is helping me with). The rest will fall into place easily

5.       Sort out financing. We will have to borrow some money to pay for the projects we’re doing. I need to decide what sort of loan we’re doing and get it moving

6.       Finalize details on new HVAC

7.       Figure out how to detach the massive cast iron sink from the basement wall

And do at least 30 minutes of work in the yard each week. It’s a lot of yard with a lot of work to be done

• Like 1

I am here for your challenge, and paint, and everything else!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

I Believe In You GIF by memecandy

• Like 1

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

Week 1 Sunday

Meh start to the challenge. It was a productive day, but not great on the challenge goals. I didn't weigh myself yesterday, but this morning I was 204.0 which was 1.8lbs higher than where I ended the last challenge but seems appropriate since that weigh in seemed awfully low and the last two weeks haven't been great nutrition-wise. 

We spent the morning filling up a second dumpster (about 1/3 of old insulation we took out of the kneewall attics last weekend and the rest random stuff left in the shed and basement). We had planned to make chili for lunch but weren't feeling up to cooking or anything particularly warm so we made pizzas on french bread which is not very filling. Hubs had friends over for D&D in the afternoon while I did a deep clean in the upstairs (taking out insulation is dirty work). They do a potluck type thing for dinner so I had a handful of pringles and a PB&J. 

By evening my hip was was really bothering me, 26k steps in 2 days will do that to you. So I was grouchy and kinda hungry since I had too much simple carbs so I had a dark chocolate cherry granola bar which put my calories at 2200 for the day. And I had a second energy drink because...I deserved it? Since my hip was bothering me I decided against going to either gym. I did spend extra time doing my hip rehab and it felt better (if not quite good) by bedtime, but I neglected getting bonus points for shoulder work. 

I'm counting 30 minutes of yardwork since some of the stuff for the dumpster came from the yard, and I also gathered some errant loose rocks and added them to the ever growing rock pile. A previous owner really liked using red rocks in landscaping. 

Nutrition:

Calories: 2200/2200 (daily/weekly average)

Soda: None

Energy Drinks: 2/2 (daily/weekly average)

Fitness:

Kickboxing: 0/3

Lifting: 0/2

Hip Mobility: 1/6

Bonus- Shoulder Mobility: 0/-

House:

List: none yet

Yardwork: 30/30 (daily/weekly)

• Like 1

Week 1 Monday

Already behind on updating because I'm already behind on goals. 

Monday food was good but that was about it. I purposely skipped the gym because I knew from Insta that it was a round kick heavy day and after the weekend I didn't think my hip was up for it. I straightened up the house a bit and when Hubs got home we installed one of the light fixtures from the house goal list. We decided we liked it so we went to Menards and bought some matching ones. Didn't get them installed yet but hopefully we'll do that tonight. I snuck in my stretches before bed

Nutrition:

Calories: 1850/2010 (daily/weekly average)

Soda: None

Energy Drinks: 2/2 (daily/weekly average)

Fitness:

Kickboxing: 0/3

Lifting: 0/2

Hip Mobility: 2/6

House:

List: Started on one

Yardwork: 30/30 (daily/weekly)

• Like 1

Week 1 Tuesday

Busy busy day. Worked in the morning and had PT at 1pm. I told the PT that with the gluteus medius loosening up I was really starting to notice issues with my hip flexor so she poked and prodded and agreed that my psoas was really really tight. So she worked on getting that to release and I definitely felt a difference. She said that hip flexors tend to compensate for lower ab muscles so more proof that I should be working on my core. 

After PT I went home and worked in the yard for a little bit. Then I met Hubs downtown for an early movie (The Green Knight....I did not enjoy it). Before PT I went out for lunch and was applauding myself for getting a veggie wrap and skipping the fresh made brownies that I know from past experience at that restaurant are amazing. But at the movies I got a Jr popcorn (free on Tuesdays), M&M's and shared a huge soda with Hubs. Then we got Greek for dinner and I got another soda there (free with an entre). I ended the day at an estimated 2550 calories. 

I didn't have time to hit the gym and we didn't have time to install any more light fixtures in the evening. 

Nutrition:

Calories: 2550/2190 (daily/weekly average)

Soda: Two

Fitness:

Kickboxing: 0/3

Hip Mobility: 3/6

House:

List: .5/5

Yardwork: 30/60 (daily/weekly)

Week 1 Wednesday

Yesterday did not start out well, but I pulled it together okay. 

I was dragging ass in the morning and didn't get up in time to make breakfast, but as soon as I was on the road realized I was starving so I stopped and got a peanut butter smoothie and breakfast burrito, to the tune of 950 calories 😳 Then I had a work lunch thing where they ordered us Panera and I got a half Caprese sandwich and cup of corn chowder plus a baguette.for another 750 calories.

I have not, however, had a successful day at sticking to one energy drink yet

But then after that I came home, spent about 10 minutes working in the yard, did some cleaning up of the house, and went to kickboxing. It was a nice day of minimal kicks so my legs felt great. Then I made dinner and listened to my not very hungry body and only had half a normal serving so I ended the day at a semi-reasonable 1970 calories. And I still did my stretches before bed even though my hip was feeling good and that's when I historically slack off. 

Nutrition:

Calories: 1970/2135 (daily/weekly average)

Soda: none

Fitness:

Kickboxing: 1/3

Hip Mobility: 4/6

House:

List: .5/5

Yardwork: 10/70 (daily/weekly)

• Like 1

Week 1 Thursday

Thursday was another busy day. Work in the morning. Came home and changed out a light fixture (so now our kitchen matches!). Went to PT, got told by the other PT in no uncertain terms that I should work on my ab strength to help my hip flexor. Then went to get my legs zapped (laser hair removal). I've officially "graduated" and have basically hair free legs, but can get free touch ups for life as new hair follicles become active. Afterwards I returned a fan we decided we didn't want and bought a different light fixture that will hopefully work for the laundry room, and picked up some more paint color tabs to try and figure out what color I want the master bath. 

When I got home I changed out another light fixture and when Hubs got home we did the downstairs vanity light (four fixtures changed, 5-11 more to go.... just for the downstairs). We realized we want an electrician to come out and see if he can rewire two fixtures before we put in ceiling fans in the living room and dining room. Not only would we like separate switches for the fan and light portions....but the wiring to those are the old (probably knob and tube) wiring which I would like gone. 

I made dinner and we vegged for the rest of the evening. Hubs has been working long hours this week since they're down two techs (one tested positive for covid, the other is unvaccinated and not allowed to work until he gets a negative test due to the exposure). 

Calories were low for the day, but I just wasn't hungry. I still kept at the two energy drinks, this will be harder than getting down to two last challenge. 

Nutrition:

Calories: 1350/1975 (daily/weekly average)

Soda: none

Fitness:

Hip Mobility: 5/6

House:

List: .6/5

Yardwork: 0/70 (daily/weekly)

Week 1  Friday

Looks like I'm going to be pulling longer hours for a while too. We're coming up on a deadline next month and one of our accountants (out of 5 that came over from the previoius small firm) is going to take two weeks off to get married. So I got asked to pick up some of his normal work. By longer hours I mean I might actually work one or two 40 hour weeks in the next month :D Tax season might be rough after 7 months of 15-25 hour weeks. 

I don't feel like I got a whole lot accomplished. The house is fairly clean. I called the electrician, but he's on vacation. I think we're on hold for lights for a bit except maybe the laundry room since two fans need re-wired first, we want to see how those fans look before replacing the fans in the bedrooms (bedrooms wiring are updated and has the second switch, but the fan might be too big), and we have six wall sconces that we'll only replace with the new style if we can figure out how to add a switch to the sconce itself (they're hard wired with no light switch). 

I went to kickboxing in the afternoon where I was actually sociable and talked to one of the trainers that was just there working out (I'm very unsociable and realized recently that I have 2 of my own friends and they're both from elementary school). 

I'm trying to put together a program for my lifting days that focuses on my PT exercises, but also does some stuff that I like.....and there's just too much! How do I effectively work on everything when I'm only committing to 2-3 days a week of strength work, without spending 2 hours each session? So I have a start, but it needs pared down badly. 

Calories were low again, still just wasn't very hungry. My weekly average is accidentally back down to my goal after being way high at the beginning of the week. Energy drinks are still at 2/day though. I did my stretches and glute exercises in the evening, attempted a few core ones. We'll call that a half-assed lifting session. And even did some shoulder mobility!

Nutrition:

Calories: 1350/1875 (daily/weekly average)

Soda: none

Fitness:

Kickboxing: 2/3

Lifting: 1/2

Hip Mobility: 6/6

Bonus- Shoulder Mobility: 1/-

House:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Maigs said:

we have six wall sconces that we'll only replace with the new style if we can figure out how to add a switch to the sconce itself (they're hard wired with no light switch). 

If you find anything good for this let me know. I have two wall sconce lights in my office/spare bedroom, which would have been bedside lights but are no in a stupid place because there isn't a bed there anymore.

3 hours ago, Maigs said:

Calories were low again, still just wasn't very hungry. My weekly average is accidentally back down to my goal after being way high at the beginning of the week.

That's a great bit of mindful eating there; clearly you don't need the calories after stocking up early in the week, so good on you for recognising that rather than just eating out of habit.

3 hours ago, Maigs said:

Energy drinks are still at 2/day though.

That's not a bad start though; you managed to get down to that last challenge so it's good that last challenge stuck.

4 hours ago, Maigs said:

I'm trying to put together a program for my lifting days that focuses on my PT exercises, but also does some stuff that I like.....and there's just too much! How do I effectively work on everything when I'm only committing to 2-3 days a week of strength work, without spending 2 hours each session? So I have a start, but it needs pared down badly. 

Oh I love looking at how people build workout programmes; what have you got so far?

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

5 hours ago, Jarric said:

If you find anything good for this let me know. I have two wall sconce lights in my office/spare bedroom, which would have been bedside lights but are no in a stupid place because there isn't a bed there anymore.

Apparently super easy, we just haven't found the right switch to go with our sconces

That's a great bit of mindful eating there; clearly you don't need the calories after stocking up early in the week, so good on you for recognising that rather than just eating out of habit.

If only I could start the week with mindful eating and not have the big swings :) 

Oh I love looking at how people build workout programmes; what have you got so far?

Spoilered  for word vomitting

Spoiler

The bits that are specifically recommended (prescribed?) by my PT:

• Glute bridges
  • Single leg glute bridges
  • Clamshells
  • Reverse clamshells (not sure that's what they're called, but knees together pushing ankles apart)
  • TRX squats 
  • Single leg TRX squats

Plus now I'm supposed to work on my lower abs but being careful not to aggravate my hip flexors which means I have to be very careful about anything that involves lifting my legs....which is how you work your lower abs

• Leg raises - only as much range of motion as I can do before my back arches
  • Double crunches
  • Reverse crunches
  • Dead bugs
  • ....maybe russian twists but starting with my feet on the ground

My shoulder issues are at my shoulder blade partway down my back so I wanted to do some back exercises to see if that helps. I came up with these possibilities

• Machine rows
  • Lat pulldowns
  • Kneeling dumbbell rows
  • Reverse flys

And for my own preferences. I want to work on my arms/upper shoulders. Plus I love deadlifts :) 

• Deadlifts
  • Dumbbells curls
  • OHP
  • Tricep extensions
  • Lateral raises
  • Pushups

So most of it is not huge, tiring lifts, but if you tried to do a 3x8 it would take forever. PT is only having me do the glute stuff 5-15 reps each, but that just doesn't seem like enough. And overall I want my strength training to be heavy since I do HIIT with kickboxing

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Maigs said:

Spoilered  for word vomitting

Hide contents

The bits that are specifically recommended (prescribed?) by my PT:

• Glute bridges
  • Single leg glute bridges
  • Clamshells
  • Reverse clamshells (not sure that's what they're called, but knees together pushing ankles apart)
  • TRX squats 
  • Single leg TRX squats

Plus now I'm supposed to work on my lower abs but being careful not to aggravate my hip flexors which means I have to be very careful about anything that involves lifting my legs....which is how you work your lower abs

• Leg raises - only as much range of motion as I can do before my back arches
  • Double crunches
  • Reverse crunches
  • Dead bugs
  • ....maybe russian twists but starting with my feet on the ground

My shoulder issues are at my shoulder blade partway down my back so I wanted to do some back exercises to see if that helps. I came up with these possibilities

• Machine rows
  • Lat pulldowns
  • Kneeling dumbbell rows
  • Reverse flys

And for my own preferences. I want to work on my arms/upper shoulders. Plus I love deadlifts :) 

• Deadlifts
  • Dumbbells curls
  • OHP
  • Tricep extensions
  • Lateral raises
  • Pushups

So most of it is not huge, tiring lifts, but if you tried to do a 3x8 it would take forever. PT is only having me do the glute stuff 5-15 reps each, but that just doesn't seem like enough. And overall I want my strength training to be heavy since I do HIIT with kickboxing

Ok so, my random workout plan thoughts:

Spoiler

It's probably worth talking to your physio about how best to structure what they prescribe.

With that said, physio exercises seem to behave differently to other exercise, in that you do a lot more reps at much lower intensity. I know the physio exercises for my hip were 1 set, 15-30 reps, every day. On that basis I would separate out the low intensity stuff - glute bridges, single leg glute bridges, clamshells, reverse clamshells, and bodyweight TRX squats - and either make them a separate thing you do most days (I tend to do that kind of stuff in front of the TV of an evening), or make those things a warmup to both lifting and kickboxing 

Again, if you're planning on doing that, probably run it past your physio and see what they think. I am not a doctor.

I'd probably split the rest of the stuff into two different workout days, maybe one day back, biceps and core, and the other legs, shoulders, and chest, so something like:

Workout A: Deadlifts, kneeling dumbbell rows, leg raises, crunches (pick one variation), dumbbell curls

Workout B: single leg squats (or weighted squats), lat pulldowns, OHP, lateral raises, pushups

If you can fit more than 5 exercises into a session then great. If not, I would skip:

Russian twists - you've put these as a maybe, so if you need to lose something they're top of the list

Tricep extensions - these are good, but if you don't have time you'll probably get enough tricep work from lat pulldowns and pushups

Reverse flys and machine rows - if you can only choose one of these two and dumbbell rows, I think you'll get the most out of dumbbell rows

These are just my personal opinions, and I am in no way qualified to give proper advice, but hopefully it helps the thought process.

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

9 hours ago, Jarric said:

Ok so, my random workout plan thoughts:

Hide contents

It's probably worth talking to your physio about how best to structure what they prescribe.

With that said, physio exercises seem to behave differently to other exercise, in that you do a lot more reps at much lower intensity. I know the physio exercises for my hip were 1 set, 15-30 reps, every day. On that basis I would separate out the low intensity stuff - glute bridges, single leg glute bridges, clamshells, reverse clamshells, and bodyweight TRX squats - and either make them a separate thing you do most days (I tend to do that kind of stuff in front of the TV of an evening), or make those things a warmup to both lifting and kickboxing 

Again, if you're planning on doing that, probably run it past your physio and see what they think. I am not a doctor.

I'd probably split the rest of the stuff into two different workout days, maybe one day back, biceps and core, and the other legs, shoulders, and chest, so something like:

Workout A: Deadlifts, kneeling dumbbell rows, leg raises, crunches (pick one variation), dumbbell curls

Workout B: single leg squats (or weighted squats), lat pulldowns, OHP, lateral raises, pushups

If you can fit more than 5 exercises into a session then great. If not, I would skip:

Russian twists - you've put these as a maybe, so if you need to lose something they're top of the list

Tricep extensions - these are good, but if you don't have time you'll probably get enough tricep work from lat pulldowns and pushups

Reverse flys and machine rows - if you can only choose one of these two and dumbbell rows, I think you'll get the most out of dumbbell rows

These are just my personal opinions, and I am in no way qualified to give proper advice, but hopefully it helps the thought process.

I do plan on talking to the PT this week about ab exercises, I want to make sure what I'm doing is actually helping. And things like Russian twists hurt my hip flexors and my back (which is why they were a 'maybe'). After some thinking last night I came to a similar decision as what you put. I'll keep my PT exercises as a separate daily thing I do with my stretches and my strength workouts will come from Strong Curves. 

Spoiler

I was originally kinda annoyed with the program because I read the book during COVID shutdowns and even the 'home workout' needed a whole slew of things I didn't have (yoga ball, bench, bands, etc). And it mentioned subbing out exercises, but (probably since I was reading it on my phone) I couldn't find guidance on how to properly sub them out. But I took another look and did some googling and came up with this:

Each workout pick one exercise from each type:

Glute dominant

Horizontal/vertical pull

Quad dominant

Horizontal/vertical press

Hip dominant

Activation/Glute accessory - I'll probably leave this out since it's mostly my PT exercises I'm doing anyway

Linear core

Rotary Core

Isolation (not in his beginner plan but gives me curls, tricep extensions, and lateral raises)

I'm using the pdf from this link to pick exercises, being very careful to take into account how I'm feeling, and what I've worked at kickboxing recently. 

It may still be too much and as I experiment I may cut down on categories that I'm less interested in right now (like quad dominant) or split it into Workouts A and B. 

So I've got a start of a tracking spreadsheet and will print out the pdf to bring with me and I actually feel really good about this plan. Granted, I haven't tried it yet, but I feel better about this plan than any half-assed plan I've come up with before :) 

• Like 1

Week 1 Saturday

It was a very lazy day. Hubs went to work in the morning and I stayed in bed. Even when I woke up I stayed in bed messing around on my phone. I ate a late breakfast, the moved to the couch and messed on my phone there. I reassessed my workout plan as I explained to @Jarric above, but didn't go and do it. When Hubs came home we watched a few episodes of Expanse. Neither of us were hungry for lunch until about 4pm so I made curry and it was a 2 meal day. So no exercise happened, I totaled less than 2k steps for the day, calories were good, I only had one energy drink, and did not work on any house projects. I did do my hip mobility before bed at least

Nutrition:

Calories: 1500/1825 (daily/weekly average)

Energy Drinks: 1/1.85 (daily/weekly average)

Fitness:

Hip Mobility: 7/6

Bonus- Shoulder Mobility: 1/-

House:

• Like 1

Sounds like a different plan - I look forward to seeing how it goes.

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

Week 2 Sunday

Another super lazy day. I made it to kickboxing and finalized my plan/spreadsheet for lifting days....and that was it. Almost literally. I went grocery shopping, cooked dinner, and make cupcakes for Hub's birthday. I ate a single cupcake and told Hubs to take the rest with him to work today. Calories came out perfectly. I had two energy drinks. I did my stretches. 

Nutrition:

Calories: 1850/1850 (daily/weekly average)

Energy Drinks: 2/2 (daily/weekly average)

Fitness:

Hip Mobility: 1/6

House:

Yardwork: 0/0 (daily/weekly)

Week 2 Monday

I somewhat made up for my laziness over the weekend. I worked in the morning, then came home and cleaned up the house. Then I put my new lifting program to the test with an at-home workout (so I could keep an eye on my work email in case something I was waiting on came in). Took me about an hour total, but a lot of that was deciding what to do and finding the ebook page numbers for exercises. Should go faster next time. 

Spoiler

Glute Dom - Dumbbell Hip Truster: 15lbs x 10 x 3

Pull - Dumbbell 1 Arm Row: 10lbs x 8ea x 3

Quad Dom - Goblet Squat: 15lbs x 10 x 3

Press - Incline Pushups: 10 x 3

Hip Dom - Bodyweight Single Leg RDL: 8ea x 3

Glute Accessory (because I was feeling it) - Dumbbell Donkey Kick: 5lbs x 8ea x3

Linear Core - Reverse Crunch: 15 x 3

Rotary Core - Russian Twist (with feet on a laying down dumbbell): 20 x 3

Isolation - Front Raise: 2x5lbs x 10 x 3

I started researching good shoulder stretches and learned that none of them have nice short names that mean anything to anyone who isn't a physio. But I've got a start of good ones to try and work into my daily stretching routine. And I did my hip rehab. 

It was Hub's birthday so I made his  requested dinner and we played some of our favorite 2-player board/card games and went to bed early ;) 

Nutrition:

Calories: 1550/1700 (daily/weekly average)

Fitness:

Hip Mobility: 2/6

Bonus- Shoulder Mobility: 1/-

House:

Week 2 Tuesday

Decent if high calorie day. I worked in the morning then had PT. I talked to her a bit about the Strong Curves workouts and she approved, especially since I said I will be pulling from the list of types of exercise based on how I'm feeling that day and what exercises I may have done in kickboxing the day before. I decided to skip kickboxing partially for time and partially because I knew that one round would be 3 minutes straight of side kicks which didn't sound like a good idea just yet. I did my hip rehab at PT, then my shoulder stretches when I got home.

We extended Hub's birthday celebration and went out to dinner and a movie. We went to Red Robin and I was good with my selection (got my burger on a lettuce bun and broccoli for a side) but we split a chocolate malt and an order of onion rings so my dinner was almost 1200 calories. At the movies we skipped the popcorn and soda and just ate the candy we brought in. Total calories for the day were 2500 which all things considered isn't terrible. 

Nutrition:

Calories: 2500/1950 (daily/weekly average)

Fitness:

Hip Mobility: 3/6

Bonus- Shoulder Mobility: 2/-

House:

Week 2 Wednesday

Well yesterday did not go as planned. I tried to work in the morning but was distracted by my lizard brain and only got in a couple of chargeable hours. Then the electrician came by to look at my old wiring. I'm split between very optimistic on some parts (no issue and/or Hubs and I could probably do it ourselves) and very pessimistic (not sure two of our lights/fans can be rewired without more damage to the plaster than we're willing to do). He's going to put together some numbers to send me in the next couple of days. 

I had planned on going to kickboxing, but I just didn't have time between the electrician, a quick work thing I needed to be on a Zoom for (hard to completely not show up to the belated celebration of me and 4 others getting our CPA license in the last year), one of Hub's coworkers showing up to pick up some more scrap metal from the property and his amended tax return I did for him, and our Wednesday night D&D session. 

Food was kinda of terrible. I also didn't get time feel like making time to make dinner so we ordered pizza and I finished off the chocolate covered peanuts I had bought for the movie Tuesday. I did however talk myself into only having one energy drink for the day. I figured if I had one day last week with only one, having two days this week would be an improvement and the sooner I get one in the more likely I'll get a second. 

I almost missed my hip rehab. D&D got done after my bedtime and I had flopped fully clothed into bed ready to pass out but then talked myself into doing them. I did the stretches but not the exercises, but I also added my new shoulder stretches. Oh, and I spent a few minutes working on the yard

Nutrition:

Calories: 2650/2150 (daily/weekly average)

Energy Drinks: 1/1.75 (daily/weekly average)

Fitness:

Hip Mobility: 4/6

Bonus- Shoulder Mobility: 3/-

House:

List: 2/5 (counting the lights as done since the others may be a ways out)

Yardwork: 15/15 (daily/weekly)

Week 2 Thursday

It was a decent day. Worked in the morning and actually got some stuff accomplished. Had PT in the afternoon and we're going to try going down to once a week for the next couple of weeks and see how I do. Went to kickboxing after. 

Food was good. Two energy drinks were had. I didn't do extra stretches in the evening since I'd done them at PT, but that meant no shoulder rehab either. 

I got the quote for the electrical and Hubs and I decided that we'll try and do it ourselves. It wasn't outrageous but we've got enough electrical know-how and handyman common sense between us that we think we can figure it out, increasing our know-how and saving money at the same time. We did decide on the direction we're going for HVAC so I just need to let the guy know. And let the insulation guy know that while we still want to do the exterior walls, we need a rain check while we attempt electrical work ourselves. 

Nutrition:

Calories: 1550/2025 (daily/weekly average)

Energy Drinks: 2/1.8 (daily/weekly average)

Fitness:

Hip Mobility: 5/6

Bonus- Shoulder Mobility: 3/-

House:

List: 2.5/5 

Yardwork: 0/15 (daily/weekly)

• Like 1
On 8/9/2021 at 2:57 PM, Maigs said:

I ate a single cupcake and told Hubs to take the rest with him to work today.

This is true willpower.  Awesome!!!!

• Like 1