2401eab52e3bb2edda3c301016b351e7.jpg

Time for another challenge: Lots of goals, probably too  many.But the sun is shining, and I'm pumped and ready so let's so what happens: Thanks to @milythael for the challenge set up idea

Fitness

Strength:

Exercise : Kettlebell press

Baseline : can press 30# bell three times

Strength goal: press 30# 4 times, 5 for bonus

Plan; Follow ETK for presses with 25# bell, test with 30# on week 3 and 5

Award: 1 point for strength for  4 times, 2 points for pressing the bell 5 times

Exercise L-sit

Baseline ??? test and video on week 1

Plan Follow NF L-sit level 10 , 4 x2 seconds , 2 x  a week, video week one and week five

Goal: 2 x 10 seconds; 

Award: 1 point for Dexterity for at least one 10 second hold, 2 for   2  10 second hold

Charisma: You may ask why running fits into Charisma, Because, in my mind , a Ranger should be able to run at least a mile.  I want to not only be able to walk the miles, but run a bit as well. I'm slowly starting a bit of running. I did this a while ago , and dropped it.Now is the time to pick it up. It didn't work to do rowing as cardio, and do the volume I'm doing of pressing.. So running seemed like a good thing to take up.It's  my third fitness goal, and it's also third in importance. If I'm tired, or pushed for time, this is the one that will be dropped. I'm not tracking it. Points are awarded just by  pure how I felt it went, not SMART at all. Also, I'm re-reading Kelly Starrett's book Ready to Run, and trying to implement some of it.

Exercise

Jogging

Baseline: 1 minute jog, 3 minute walking

Goal; improve that

Award; 1 Charisma

Exercise

Mobility work; spend 10 minutes a day doing mobility work

award: brag about it here

Preparing/Life

Bible: keep up with Bible reading, memorize Ps 91:4

Goal memorize verse, keep up with reading

Award: 1 wisdom

Weekly plan;

Each week (Sunday evening or Monday morning) I will write out the things I need to do to win the week

.5 awarded each week for 80% completion

Daily write out a plan

no award, 

Food:

I'm working on implementing the skills from the book "Eating Skills...." By Josh Harris

Here's my plan for this challenge

Implement my food values of thankfulness, mindfulness , and joy.

My goal is  to set out the amount of food I want to eat. Eat it slowly and enjoy it. and delay 15 minutes before having  second. Most of the time I will have 3 meals and 1 snack. 

If I want  seconds, or more than one snack

I will; wait 15 minutes; during that time find something engaging to do (drink tea,read a book, do a chore, do something fun)  Then I will decided if I want the food.Sometimes I will say yes, sometimes no. If I say yes, I will sit down and enjoy the food. Every evening I  will write 1-3 sentences on how the plan went.

Award for doing this about half the time; 1 wisdom. 80% of more completion = 2 wisdom

276151319-edna-mode.jpg

• Like 11
  • That's Metal 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

• Elastigirl changed the title to Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared

Here to follow all your goals!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Following! 

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

16 hours ago, milythael said:

I'm very excited to see your progress on the L-sit.  This is one of my want to do skills.

It's  been one of mine for a while

16 hours ago, Novaurora said:

Here to follow all your goals!

Pup Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following! 

Wave Hello GIF by corgiyolkThan

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

There's going to be some excellent fitnessing, I can tell. The juggling sounds particularly awesome.

Thanks! Did I say something about juggling? I meant jogging.Or maybe jogging while juggling

Joggle.jpeg

• Like 1

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

49 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Thanks! Did I say something about juggling? I meant jogging.Or maybe jogging while juggling

Joggling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • That's Metal 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Following!  I'm really interested in the L-sit progress!   Also, I love the idea of waiting 15 minutes if I wanted a second serving or more snacks.  I'm going to steal that for my own challenge!

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Just watched this movie again recently and couldn't stop thinking of you!

Here to follow!!

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

On 7/31/2021 at 12:00 PM, KB Girl said:

Here! I always really like your weekly plan, such a good idea. 

Hello! The weekly plan does help me focus and prioritize.

On 7/31/2021 at 12:00 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Following!

Yay, glad to see you

On 7/31/2021 at 4:06 PM, Son of Rylos said:

You got this! Always up for your goals! 

Hi, thanks!

On 7/31/2021 at 5:10 PM, Nymeria said:

Following!  I'm really interested in the L-sit progress!   Also, I love the idea of waiting 15 minutes if I wanted a second serving or more snacks.  I'm going to steal that for my own challenge!

The 15 minute rule does seem to stop some of the mindless snacking that I had gotten into the habit.

17 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Just watched this movie again recently and couldn't stop thinking of you!

Here to follow!!

The Incredibles Disney GIF

Hi!

10 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

Hi EG, great challenge! Im waiting for my injury to heal so I can get back to jogging too. I am as always impressed by what you already can do and wish you a fantastic challenge!<3

Thanks, and hi!

• Like 1

I had plans to write about the challenge yesterday, but it didn't happen. I don't usually post on Sunday, but the fact that it was the 1st of the month, and the first day of the challenge, seemed like a momentous cosmic event that needed marking. Ah, well, I did have a good day.

Saturday; I hadn't planned on jogging, but I woke up, and was all excited about seeing how I would do .So, I did go for a jog. My back was a bit sore while I jogged. I then started to try and focus on an point ahead of me, and that seemed to help. 

Sunday was my son's birthday. There was steak,  and veggies, and baked potatoes. I made a cucumber and onion salad with non dairy yogurt that was so good.  The cucumbers and grilled zucchini were  from our garden. We played a game (Roll For The Galaxy, expansion pack Ambition) then we went to watch my son play softball. He's play on a church team for a few years, but never wanted us to watch, but he said we could go.That was super fun. I enjoy watching my son, and rec league softball.The weather was perfect.

I do wish we'd brought our own chairs. The bleachers were all covered in bird poop. There is a giant osprey nest on the light pole right by the bleachers. We sat over on the other's team's side. We did get to hear the baby birds chirping, and see the osprey's flying around.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I do wish we'd brought our own chairs. The bleachers were all covered in bird poop. There is a giant osprey nest on the light pole right by the bleachers. We sat over on the other's team's side. We did get to hear the baby birds chirping, and see the osprey's flying around.

Sounds like that park does a crappy job keeping the benches clean.

8 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sounds like that park does a crappy job keeping the benches clean.

Possibly, that was my first thought.But the rest of the park looked pretty well  kept up. It could just be that with a bunch of baby ospreys, and a mama and papa , they just generate A LOT of poop. And  ospreys are rare enough , that  people just tend to leave the nests and not bother with them. Though, it seems like washing down every couple of days would do a lot. 

• Like 1

Today's journal on food skills

After my protein smoothie, I really wanted chocolate chips. Walked to the fridge to get them. Then I remembered my goals. Decided to wait. Sat outside in the sun for 15 minutes. Decided I still wanted them. Had a  square of dark chocolate, probably about the same calories, but less likely to keep eating them. Decided that self discipline may sometimes be waiting it doesn't have to always be no. Planning on having ice cream (non dairy)  after my walk. That doesn't really fit into my goals, as it's more snacks. But, I think it is happening anyway.

Did my workout (presses and snatches) and then did some staff play. I didn't put staff training as a goal. I didn't know whether I wanted to do it or not. I've been a bit meh about it.  But, after I did my workout, I thought it would be a good cool down, so I just decided to play around with it  during 2 songs (about 6 minutes) Just did what I wanted, and called it good. I'm also a bit tired of presses. My plan is to continue until I  can do 5 sets of 1-2-3-4-5 ladders, hopefully by challenge end.

Watched Brad Kearns jogging  tutorials. The weather forecast says  we may have smoke, which would mean no jogging. But, he had some drills, and I can do those indoors, and some jump rope, and that will be good training. Also, after reading Ready To Run, it reminds me of the need to sit less, so I am working on that. Right now, I am typing this will standing up.

Worked in the garden today. Last month, we put up a fence to keep the rabbits out. But then  there was an area of grass that the lawnmower couldn't reach and that was between our landscape brick and the fence. So, on Saturday, hubby took out the brick, and pulled a lot of the grass out. Today I finished.It was pretty tough to get it all out. Now the rabbits will probably crawl under the fence.Oh No Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

But I am spraying some rabbit repellent .So maybe there is hope.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

waiting it doesn't have to always be no.

Mindfullness win!!!  

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Food journal thoughts;

My goal is 3 meals and 1 snack. I have been having an evening snack. But I have been eating a smaller dinner so that I could do that. Which I'm fine with. Today I made some blueberry mousse, and we are going to have that as dessert. I pureed blueberries, coconut cream and Truvia in the blender. 
I decided today that I would have a smoothie after my workout and a cookie.  Right now I am doing things like that if I want a treat. Saying yes, but then keeping it to a good amount. I was satisfied, and didn't have a craving. About 4 in the afternoon I wanted something. Decided I was hot, and went in the AC bedroom, drank some ice tea and read a book for a bit. Then it was time to fix dinner, so I figured I'd be eating soon anyway.

DId another jog today.Tried to focus on the techniques I learned. The second week of the jogging progression I had said to do 2 minutes on, 2 minutes walking. Since last week was 1 minute on, 3 walking, that seemed a big leap. I did 1 minute jog, 2 minutes walking x 6. Then some more walking. That seemed good. Just about the end of the minute, my calves were sore, and I was breathing hard. I'm fine with going slow. Too many times I've followed progressions with big jumps, and then gotten burned out. I am not 23, I'm over 50, and that affects my progress.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Today I made some blueberry mousse, and we are going to have that as dessert. I pureed blueberries, coconut cream and Truvia in the blender. 

I decided today that I would have a smoothie after my workout and a cookie.  Right now I am doing things like that if I want a treat. Saying yes, but then keeping it to a good amount.

Very wise. And blueberry coconut mousse sounds amazing.

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Good job taking it slow on the running. Every time I try to get back into running, I jump into it like I'm 16 on the high school track team again and it does not end well.

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf