Scaly Freak searches for a sleep spell

On 8/20/2021 at 5:39 PM, Scaly Freak said:

Ooo, I had not considered taking a nap! I must read this article immediately.

Your next book is Rest, by Alex Soojung-Kim Pang. Also pro-napping,

On 8/22/2021 at 9:18 PM, Scaly Freak said:

It is Sunday, which means it's is time for the latest weekly averages. Despite having the week off from work, there were a couple of days when I had to get up relatively early, first to drop off the Happy Sidekick for her regular wellness check and shots, and once for volunteer training. These early mornings reduced the amount of sleep I had those nights, and as a result my average for the week is 7 hrs and 8 mins of sleep, with a sleep score of 82.

And how did it feel, getting 7-8 hours a night?

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

56 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

And how did it feel, getting 7-8 hours a night?

Anti-climactic. 😛 

Being well rested is very nice, but aside from not feeling tired mid-afternoon, I don't recall a substantial difference during the week. :) 

• Like 5

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37

3 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Anti-climactic. 😛 

Being well rested is very nice, but aside from not feeling tired mid-afternoon, I don't recall a substantial difference during the week. :) 

The road to good habits is often anticlimactic. :D Not being tired mid-afternoon is nice, though. Keep at it, it took me a long time to see some brain movement.

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Anticlimactic... yes. 

To sleep well you need to dig a nice, satisfying rut by pacing back and forth over the same path repeatedly. 

But that rut is cozy. Keep pacing.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Back at the gym again, and once again our is empty. This is awesome. 

Went to the big water dispenser to fill my bottle and found this rather amusing proof that the gym has at least one very rude member....

EDIT: Didn't realize how large the picture was when I was on my phone... so I added a spoiler tag.

Spoiler

20210826_221642.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37

Deadlifts really did give anxiety related benefits straight away? :) I almost got a little bit nervous that they wouldn’t! 
It’s most excellent that you found a place you feel comfortable! And it’s purple too. Win. 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl stomps on some frogs and goes to sleep (maybe)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

A day late, but here are the sleeping numbers for last week, which also happens to be the first week with setbacks.

Thanks to sleeping for over 7 hours the night before Saturday and over 8 hours the night before Sunday, last week's sleeping average went up to 5 hrs 37 minutes. The sleep score is 79. So the average is above the unofficial goal of averaging 5 hrs 30 mins per night, though just barely, and the sleep score is one point before the goal of 80.

The lack of sleep time the first nights of the week is due to a combination of reading and losing track of time, anxiety spiking earlier in the week and making sleep difficult, and the general overall increase in stress that comes from approaching a project deadline at work. 

As for the gym I have been there four times so far, twice per week since we joined. Our free 7-day trial ended last Thursday, and Husband went in during the day when they are staffed and signed us up for a year, since that lowered the monthly rate to $29 per person for us. A worth y investment and money well spent. I forgot to meditate this weekend, and didn't notice!  The last time that happened was... before the pandemic come to the US, back when I was going to the gym regularly. 

Maybe barbells are magic after all? 

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 2

27 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

As for the gym I have been there four times so far, twice per week since we joined. Our free 7-day trial ended last Thursday, and Husband went in during the day when they are staffed and signed us up for a year, since that lowered the monthly rate to $29 per person for us. A worth y investment and money well spent. I forgot to meditate this weekend, and didn't notice!  The last time that happened was... before the pandemic come to the US, back when I was going to the gym regularly. 

Maybe barbells are magic after all? 

Nice! And yes, it's a field of magic for sure. Eisenmancy. Barbellogy. Ironocation.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

Nice! And yes, it's a field of magic for sure. Eisenmancy. Barbellogy. Ironocation.

Thank you for not succumbing to the cliché temptation to use some contrived version of the word "irony" there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

What's up? Barbells?

I hope so, but it depends on how the energy levels are feeling. The monthly bleeding period has begun, and it likes messing with my ability to grip the barbell and lift it properly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I hope so, but it depends on how the energy levels are feeling. The monthly bleeding period has begun, and it likes messing with my ability to grip the barbell and lift it properly.

Alas! That sounds rather worse than mine, which is mostly symptomless. Well I hope your energy is good and you find something lightly strengthy to do. But only if you feel like it.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

New challenge thread:

• Like 1