• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
spezzy

Weekly Bonus Challenge!! (week two)

(!!!)

Week Two:

You get awoken in the middle of the night by a scream and a flash of light. You roll to your feet to find that your party is being attacked by fire breathing dragons. You now have two choices: sit back and watch everything you worked for get destroyed or face your fear and fight!

Challenge: Do something that scares you.

I already wrote it as a comment on one of Steve's last posts (the one about his grandpa) that I want to start selling my crafts, but that I don't really feel confident enough yet. Well... Sunday, I'm going have a stand on a little market with some friends of mine and we'll see how it goes. I'm a bit afraid about how people will react to my stuff, especially because it's face to face. When it's on the internet, you can ignore nasty comments. But in real life? Jikes.

I'm looking forward to it, but with mixed feelings.

OK, I think I know what I can do. I'm building some shelves and the wood we are using for the supports are too thick for Lowe's/Home Depot to cut.

Tomorrow, a friend of mine is going to bring his circle saw to help me cut them.

I will cut them.

this is a little one, and I still plan to do karaoke (Monday now, see previous challenge re flakes... and here I thought booze would get their attention) and climbing (Sunday), but: Balanced on the train home without holding on to a handhold. Not scary, but I've always been kinda afraid to try it for a full ride because faceplanting in front of strangers isn't my idea of a good time. But, tried it, and only had to grab a handhold a few times. Lesson learned: I am in control as long as I think I am. The moment I lose confidence, I lose concentration and shortly thereafter, my balance.

I'm thinking of starting to work on a One Arm Push-Up. I know that if I work on it, regular Push-Ups would be easier, but I'm really afraid of getting tendinitis again, or falling to one side and smashing my face. Maybe I could make this a week long goal, with Friday being an attempt. And I'm talking about legs not spread a mile wide, maybe 12 inches or less. I used to be able to do one with legs spread a lot, but I lost it.

Might be worth a shot.

Well, scary thing done. We drove from Cleveland back home to St. Louis today. I have 4 words for you: Indianapolis, holiday weekend, construction.

I only cursed twice. Oh, and we were nearly killed in Columbus by some idiot that didn't grasp the concept of looking before changing lanes. Idiot ran us onto the shoulder. Then there's the interchange in Effingham, IL where despite being given several miles advance warning no can seem to figure out which lane they need to be in until the last minute. Also, this entire trip was done either while driving west into the blinding sunset, or in the dark.

Woot Kahn! I grew up woodworking, but powertools still unnerve me a bit (moreso after my partner put his hand through a saw. He's okay, but that was a whole LOT of stitches). Way to show them who's boss!

Climbing cancelled on account of my stupid foot and its stupid hurtiness. Karaoke still on. Kind of petrified. I'm a better silent-ninja-in-the-night than I am a diva.

On Monday evening, Is sang 2 songs in front of 80 people. Couldn't decide what to sing, so had my friend pick them out. She is a cruel woman and went with: Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler and You Were Meant for Me by Jewel. Lesson Learned: For the most part, by and large, people want to see you succeed.

i finally came up with one, and completed it, but it'd be a little TMI to post here, so i'm not counting it :)

great job everyone! week 3 challenge will be up later today!

I think I might be late on this one, but tonight I am telling off a company I use because of bad customer service. I never send back food or complain about bad services. I deal with them, I assume they are having a bad day because everyone has them. But I have given this place a fair chance (and a great deal of money) and they are not coming through.

I have written out the points I want to say in a calm and intelligent manner and not go in, avoid eye contact and say "sorry never coming back", as I race out the door.

More word later on my hopeful success.

Not really dealt with but I did get 1 box out of the storage shed that we are trying to clear out. I'll tackle it later this weekend. Just getting down and opening up the shed was a big deal though.

Sign in to follow this