Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Glad you found a workout that you enjoy.  I bruise easily too. The sorta good thing is, my bruises are pretty light in color, so they are hard to see. The bad thing is , they just look like dirt smudges. I was doing heavy cleans today, and I'm pretty sure I will bruise, and now people are going to think I am Pigpen (from Charlie Brown)220px-PigPen_(Peanuts).png

  • Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to comment
18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Glad you found a workout that you enjoy.  I bruise easily too. The sorta good thing is, my bruises are pretty light in color, so they are hard to see. The bad thing is , they just look like dirt smudges. I was doing heavy cleans today, and I'm pretty sure I will bruise, and now people are going to think I am Pigpen (from Charlie Brown)220px-PigPen_(Peanuts).png

My bruises tend to be very visible. But it doesn’t really bother me. It’s the hurting when I bump into something exactly where the bruise is that gets me. And I seem to have a special talent for doing that!

  • Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to comment
On 9/23/2021 at 7:37 AM, Tateman said:

Sounds like a cool workout to me. The best ones are the ones you like :D

 

Echoing this^. The best exercise is the exercise that you do, and the exercise you will do regularly tends to be the exercise you enjoy.

 

@zeroh13, question on the rows, have you tried doing them one-handed as though you're doing them two-handed? Changing from one hand to two hand changes the angle of pull quite a bit, which in turn changes which muscles are doing most of the work. I'm wondering if this version doesn't make your shoulders pop because of the different angle, or just because you're sharing the weight between your hands.

  • Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

Link to comment
3 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

My bruises tend to be very visible. But it doesn’t really bother me. It’s the hurting when I bump into something exactly where the bruise is that gets me. And I seem to have a special talent for doing that!

I guess I've been very lucky in that even if I get bruises from the kettlebell, they don't usually hurt.

  • Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to comment
On 9/24/2021 at 9:48 AM, Jarric said:

 

@zeroh13, question on the rows, have you tried doing them one-handed as though you're doing them two-handed? Changing from one hand to two hand changes the angle of pull quite a bit, which in turn changes which muscles are doing most of the work. I'm wondering if this version doesn't make your shoulders pop because of the different angle, or just because you're sharing the weight between your hands.

It’s completely the change in angle. Doing the regular one handed row movement without any weight still made it pop.

 

I can try doing the one handed at the two hand angle. I don’t know how the grip would work though.

  • Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to comment
On 10/4/2021 at 9:32 PM, Manarelle said:

Poke poke! How are things going? Hopefully the job isn't sucking your workout motivation away? 

It’s more been sucking my time away. I have lost workout motivation from not working out for about a week though. It’s so much harder (for me) to do the workout when I haven’t done it for a bit.

 

I’ve also been feeling a little blah. Which means I don’t want to do much of any of the challenge things.

 

- -
 

In other news, I’ve started streaming a little on Twitch. It’s awkward. And scary. But kind of fun too. My BFF started several weeks ago. So I thought I’d give it a shot. Right now I’m just doing House Flipper. I had wanted to do Valheim. But… technical difficulties…

 

In the process of setting up and testing stuff out, we learned that our motherboard is dying! 😭 Our network card couldn’t handle playing and streaming at the same time. Blue screen while streaming. So I got a wireless WiFi adapter to bypass the network card (which is only Ethernet).  And shortly after booting up the PC, all USB devices stop responding. Unplug all USB except for the keyboard and the mouse, restart the computer, and no problems. Plug everything back in, same problem. Turns out, we can only have 3 USB things plugged in at the same time… Which then means that we can only have either the WiFi or the controller plugged in. And I play Valheim with a controller… (with some keyboard and mouse for inventory and hot keys).

  • Sad 3

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to comment
13 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

It’s more been sucking my time away. I have lost workout motivation from not working out for about a week though. It’s so much harder (for me) to do the workout when I haven’t done it for a bit.

 

I’ve also been feeling a little blah. Which means I don’t want to do much of any of the challenge things.

 

- -
 

In other news, I’ve started streaming a little on Twitch. It’s awkward. And scary. But kind of fun too. My BFF started several weeks ago. So I thought I’d give it a shot. Right now I’m just doing House Flipper. I had wanted to do Valheim. But… technical difficulties…

 

In the process of setting up and testing stuff out, we learned that our motherboard is dying! 😭 Our network card couldn’t handle playing and streaming at the same time. Blue screen while streaming. So I got a wireless WiFi adapter to bypass the network card (which is only Ethernet).  And shortly after booting up the PC, all USB devices stop responding. Unplug all USB except for the keyboard and the mouse, restart the computer, and no problems. Plug everything back in, same problem. Turns out, we can only have 3 USB things plugged in at the same time… Which then means that we can only have either the WiFi or the controller plugged in. And I play Valheim with a controller… (with some keyboard and mouse for inventory and hot keys).

I've streamed a bit, but never with a camera on. 

 

Having a failing system sucks! Hopefully, you can get things replaced quickly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/18/2021 at 3:29 AM, Tateman said:

I've streamed a bit, but never with a camera on. 

Yeah, I’m not using a camera. It sounds so intimidating. And doing voice is intimidating enough! I end up stuttering and tripping over words. And not really knowing what to say.
 

Maybe eventually, but we don’t even have a camera. More important is to get a microphone. Right now I’m using a workaround with discord and my Bluetooth headphones.

 

I’m pretty impressed with the streamers who do it full time, and do everything seamlessly. There can be a lot to keep track of!

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines