18 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Calvin and Hobbes are brilliant.

Calvin & Hobbes and The Far Side were by far my favorite comics growing up.

18 hours ago, Kishi said:

Yeah man. Anything that involves a handstand-like component (like a flag) will light the rhomboids up pretty good. As for the erectors, my spine doesn't tend to like a lot of the flexion-heavy stuff, but they're worth strengthening and I believe there are some isometric ways to do that. Hope the pain is good pain.

Typical vertical handstands I don't find to be particularly core intensive, although that does change the more I get away from vertical.  front & back levers are both very core intensive but I haven't ever had them light up the rhomboids almost exclusively.  Even my old human flag progressions didn't because it was all packed tight with everything working together.  This one was new and seemed to work the middle of the back along the spine in seeming isolation, which was a new experience for me.

The pain was definitely the good kind of pain though :) 

---------------------------

Yesterday was D&D day which took up all of my morning.  The group finally cleared out an entire section of the dungeon but only just at the time we needed to wrap up.  They will need to wait until the next session to find out if the thing they found is the thing they need 

After D&D I fired up the xbox and spent pretty much the rest of the day playing Skyrim.  I did stop in the evening for a bit to heat up some noodles for dinner (it was Beijing style ZhaJiang Mian, but the sauce was already made so it was just heating stuff up).  After dinner Ghostlet had a turn on the xbox while I finished up reading Fellowship.  

• Like 7
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

10 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

But do you know this guy:

I read a bunch of Garfield strips but I don't know that I have ever seen many that I found to ne very funny.  Just not my humor style.  I am more about things like this:

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I read all the Garfield comic books with my brother  at my Granny’s while she served up burned cookies and snark. So much fun

Sounds like a great memory for you

-------------------------------

Yesterday morning I made my way to the park for a final workout before the holiday.  It was push day again and it once again proved to be quite a killer workout.  Surprisingly, the part that struggled the most with the workout was my wrists and forearms.  I I guess it shouldn't have been that surprising, though, seeing as all four of my target skills are some version of hand balancing with only my hands touching the ground.

In the afternoon I got some stuff ready for out trip and then played a bit of Skyrim.  In the evening while Ghostlet was on the xbox, I finished up the rest of the preparations.  We will leave shortly for the airport and I will likely be scarce around here for the next week or so.  I will try to update, but I won't be taking my computer so I will have to do it all through my phone.

• Like 6

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

20 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

to the park

Sounds good!  Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

Sounds good!  Keep up the great work!

Will do!

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Yes, Calvin and Hobbes are my favorite! 

Bill Waterson is a genius :)

-----------------------

Yesterday I spent the morning getting everything else packed and ready and headed to the airport right around noon.  The flight was pleasantly unexceptional and I spent the while flight reading The Two Towers.  When we arrived the in-laws had a big dinner ready for us and we (our family and Ghostess's crew) had a huge meal that felt like a big Chinese New Year dinner.

• Like 6

Level 2 Ninja

Yesterday morning we got up fairly early (for vacation) and hired a can to take us to he botanical Gardens.  I have been to a bunch of botanical Gardens in my life but this was the most interesting one for me of the bunch.  Instead of random flowers and trees, this one was full of stuff that I encounter in everyday life.  I saw the source for coffee, vanilla, cocoa, cashews, rubber, lychee, pineapples, and others.

In the afternoon I took the kids (Ghostlet and the daughter of one of Ghostess's crew) out swimming while Ghostess took her crew out to the beach to take pictures.

After dark we went out to he beach again to go crabbing but the water was way warmer hang usual and there were barely any crabs there.  Normally we can catch 50~100 crabs each but yesterday we only caught one between all of us.

• Like 7

Level 2 Ninja

That sounds like a very interesting garden!

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

9 hours ago, Cheetah said:

That sounds like a very interesting garden!

It was. I don't typically care much for botanical Gardens but this one was really interesting.

-------------------

Yesterday morning we headed to the marina and rented a yacht for the morning.  We hoped to find a nice place where we could be generally alone but there were restrictions on how far out we could go so we ended up staying in the harbor with several dozen other yachts doing the same thing.  Most of the time was spent playing on the jet ski and taking pictures.

Ghostess's and her crew spent the afternoon photoshopping thier pictures so they could be shared on social media while I and the kids played mahjong. 

In the evening the in-laws took over for me as the kids continued to play mahjong and I went with Ghostess and her crew for a moonlight walk on the beach.  

• Like 4

Level 2 Ninja

Double update this morning

Monday morning I got up and played some tennis with Ghostlet while the others went out to the fruit market to buy several cases of mangoes to bring back home.  They also stopped by the wet market and came back with a bunch of shrimp, crabs, clams and fish.  We had another huge new years style feast for lunch.

In the afternoon we headed to another part of the island where I, the kids, and one of the ladies went to a water park while the rest of the crew went with Ghostess to the duty free shopping center to buy all of the cosmetics.  The water park was packed and in the first 3 hours managed to only go down 4 slides so we decided we had enough with lines and spent the rest of the time on the lazy river.  That ended up being the most enjoyable part of the day.  We stayed until the place closed at 9pm and then went over to the duty fee place to pick up the others before heading home.  We ended up getting home around midnight.  We then had to pack up all of our stuff because we needed to leave at 5:30am at the latest to get to the airport for our flight home.

On Tuesday we managed to get to the airport on time and had another uneventful flight home.  I finished up The Two Towers and made good progress on Return of the King.  We rested and unpacked most of the afternoon and then in the evening Ghostess and I went out to watch a movie.  Ghostlet wasn't interested so he stayed home and played xbox instead.

The movie was very interesting.  It was a new Korean War movie (or as it is called here, the War against US Aggression and the Protection of Korea) and it was from the perspective of the Chinese units that were sent in to stop McArthur from pushing up past the Yalu River  after the Incheon Landing.  I was worried it would be a bunch of jingoist propaganda but it was actually pretty fair in how it depicted the US and whereas I was expecting the theme to be "China can defeat the US" it was much more of a passivist piece showing the horrors of war for both sides and the actual theme was "lets not have war anymore because it sucks".  Overall I thought it was pretty well made.  

I got on the scale this morning as was pretty shocked to discover that I only gained one pound over the course of the holiday, even though several bags of Snickers were consumed and I was pretty much living off of coconut milk.

• Like 10
  • That's Metal 1

Level 2 Ninja

6 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Sounds like a great little vacation. :) 

It was, but I do wish we could have stayed there longer.  It is now full on autumn here at home and I am not ready for cold yet.

-------------------------------

Yesterday was a day of rest and relaxation.  I got all caught up on NF and spent pretty much the rest of the day reading.  I finished Return of the King and even most of the appendices (which I understand a lot more after watching some great explanatory videos on a Youtube channel called In Deep Geek)

Nutrition was really bad, and I ended up eating loads of snacks all day.

• Like 8

Level 2 Ninja

Yesterday was the last day of holiday but I can only sleep so long, which meant I was up by 9 while everyone else slept until noon.  I have no idea how anyone can sleep for more than 10 hours straight, but somehow they manage.

I spent my morning alone playing skyrim.  In the afternoon, Ghostess went to get her hair cut, but the building where she does that also has the only Taco Bell in town so I went there with her and had some lunch while she was cutting her hair.  I had some extra time and since we were over in the Embassy area I stopped by a few stores that sell international products and bought some cheese.  I picked up some Parmesan, Gorgonzola and some Pecorino Romano.  I also picked up some American style hot dogs which were super expensive but it was that or nothing.

After the haircut, Ghostess and I went shopping for some stuff she needed and we ended up staying there until dinner time.  The mall we went to just opened a new burger place called Shake Shack so we tried that out.  It was no In-n-Out but it was probably as close as we are going to find here.  The best part was they had Root Beer.  I shared a couple of sips with Ghostlet, and it was the first sugary soda I have had in more than a year now.  We got it to go so we could bring some back for Ghostlet and he was VERY appreciative.   I had my first ever salted caramel milkshake and it was OK but probably not something I will order again.  It was also the first milkshake I have had in recent memory since most placed here don't sell them.

The scale this morning once again reflected my food choices...

• Like 7

Level 2 Ninja

Ghostlet's teacher asked me if I would be wiling to be a traffic monitor this week so I signed up to do that yesterday.  It basically involves standing by the street in front of the school gate and telling parents to drop their kids off somewhere other than right in front of the gate so as to not block traffic.  I was also supposed to make sure kids weren't riding their bikes once they got inside the gate so it was kind of fun to yell at other people's kids for a change.

After I got back I went to the park for a workout.  I decided to change things up and did my pull workout first.  At one point I pulled out my gymnastics rings and they were a hit with the group there and everyone wanted to try them out.

I was going to do a full run after but Ghostess needed to me to run back home to take care of something so instead of running around the park I just ran home. The park is only about 1.5km from my house so it was a much shorter run than usual.

I spent all afternoon playing Skyrim and then for dinner I made some Teriyaki chicken which was really pretty good.  Food would have been decent for the day if I had not consumed two sleeves or Oreos as I was playing in the afternoon.  

FZ67NnQ.jpg

• Like 7

Level 2 Ninja

20 hours ago, deftona said:

Nevermind the oreo thing, it happens to the best of us!

I know, I just wish it would happen less to me.  It wouldn't irk me so much except that I know I ca do better (and was doing much better before this holiday).  I will get back on the wagon, I'm sure.  Just a question of when

Yesterday was a school/work day which means I normally would have gone to the park but it was raining so I skipped the park and stayed home with my xbox all day.  I think it must be the recent sudden turn of the weather but now I feel super hungry all day long, no matter how much I eat.  (Before holiday it was normally in the mid 20s, now after holiday it is suddenly n the low 10s for the high).  This is exacerbated because Ghostlet's snacks are on the coffee table in the kitchen, easily within reach when I am playing xbox.   I really should move them but I know it isn't really the problem because  would just go get them wherever they are.  I think what I really need is to get back on my regular exercise schedule which should happen next week.  

I wont even have tattoo work interrupting my schedule for a while because my tattoo artist crashed his motorcycle over the holiday and wrecked his hand.  My tattoo is on hold until his hand recovers, which will probably be several months. 

• Like 7

Level 2 Ninja

20 hours ago, Happienumber said:

Exactly, 1 sleeve = 1 serving.  The problem is that 1 serving is like 2 days worth of calories :( 

-------------------------------------

Yesterday was a complete and total rest day.  I did nothing but sit on the couch and play Skyrim for the entire day.  I enjoyed it, but it really isn't a great way to live long term.  At least not it I want to reach any of my goals...

• Like 5

Level 2 Ninja

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yesterday was a complete and total rest day.  I did nothing but sit on the couch and play Skyrim for the entire day.  I enjoyed it, but it really isn't a great way to live long term.  At least not it I want to reach any of my goals...

Well, but you know that, though. Not everybody does. You tracking and being aware of the days probably does you a lot of good, and I'm sure you'll hop back on when you're ready. It'll probably be soon enough.

• Like 1
On 10/6/2021 at 8:19 PM, WhiteGhost said:

It was, but I do wish we could have stayed there longer.

Welcome back from vacation.  Wouldn't it be nice if it could always be longer?  

On 10/8/2021 at 8:35 PM, WhiteGhost said:

two sleeves or Oreos

I try not to keep these in the house but I recently found apple cider donut flavored Oreo's.   They are very addictive.  

• Wow 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

On 10/11/2021 at 11:08 AM, Kishi said:

Well, but you know that, though. Not everybody does. You tracking and being aware of the days probably does you a lot of good, and I'm sure you'll hop back on when you're ready. It'll probably be soon enough.

Daily reporting in here is huge for me.  Just knowing that I am going to be announcing my junk food really helps me to keep my hands off

14 hours ago, Shello said:

I try not to keep these in the house but I recently found apple cider donut flavored Oreo's.   They are very addictive.

Wait, apple cider donut oreos?   How can such a thing exist?  And more important, where can I get one??? :D  

I wish we didn't have these snacks in the house, but most of it is after school snacks for Ghostlet.  Normally I do pretty well staying out of them but recently has been tough.  I'll be back on it soon, though

----------------------

Yesterday I headed out to the park for my push workout.  I struggle with even the easiest progressions on most of these exercises but I know that trying to cheat them isn't going to help long term so I just grind.  One of them I can barely even move so it looks like I am not even doing anything even though I am pushing with all my strength.  Someday I will have something I can show off :) 

After I got back I hopped on the xbox and played a bunch of Skyrim.  I am running out of quests to do and I still have two sections of my planned character progression so I am going to need to figure out something.  Right now I am just wandering around finding all the places that didn't get used for quests or cleaning up outstanding side quests.

For dinner I had a Brat Bowl for which I boiled the last of the brats I made in beer with some diced onions and mustard.  Once they were cooked through, I threw them in the air fryer for 20 minutes to crisp up the skin.  While that was happening, I took the onions from the pot and threw them together with some minced pickles to make relish and then threw everything into a bowl with ketchup and mustard.  Like a regular brat but without any bread (we are out of bread right now).  It was very tasty.

mSEz4AL.jpg

• Like 7

Level 2 Ninja

On 10/8/2021 at 2:06 AM, WhiteGhost said:

The scale this morning once again reflected my food choices...

I hate it when that happens (and it happens too often)

On 10/9/2021 at 3:35 AM, WhiteGhost said:

At one point I pulled out my gymnastics rings and they were a hit with the group there and everyone wanted to try them out.

Must be cool being the guy bringing the cool stuff to the playground. And you can feel pride in showing other enthusiasts other ways of working out. Recently i have been on a resistance band thing. I think they are awesome. I bought them for some specific stuff and i find that i am using them more and more. Thinking up ways to incoporate them. Almost all of the arm work we do is with resistance bands. I just need to get some gloves, cause the stretching and destretching? of the band is not a nice feeling when your skin gets squished together. Or the bands roll in your palms from tention.

On 10/11/2021 at 1:33 AM, WhiteGhost said:

OR...

You could make it one of your goals. You would be doing Skyrim AND nailing a goal at the same time!

Smart Clever GIF - Smart Clever Think - Discover & Share GIFs

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Daily reporting in here is huge for me.  Just knowing that I am going to be announcing my junk food really helps me to keep my hands off

Keep that goal in your challenge too, and know that a lot of people like to read what you are doing on a daily base. So keep us posted, and make sure to write all the things you eat!

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Someday I will have something I can show off :) 

Haha No GIFs | Tenor

• Like 3

... a little odd in the head ...

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yesterday I headed out to the park for my push workout.  I struggle with even the easiest progressions on most of these exercises but I know that trying to cheat them isn't going to help long term so I just grind.  One of them I can barely even move so it looks like I am not even doing anything even though I am pushing with all my strength.  Someday I will have something I can show off :) 

Yeah, that bodyweight library you created isn't really that much to brag about... you really should start setting goals that actually impress people.  😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

12 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Wait, apple cider donut oreos?   How can such a thing exist?  And more important, where can I get one??? :D

If I can still find some I'll send you some.  

12 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Brat Bowl

Genius!

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4