Okay so, where to begin.

The Sound Of GIFs — Let's start at the very beginning (source)

Maybe start with the end of the previous challenge. I did 2 OCR's in a weekend. Due to Covid my 2 planned OCR's for 2020 were rescheduled into the same weekend last weekend. I made sure i kept running, and since May started to mix in some lifting, with a little more emphasize on arm and grip strength towards the end. (Which helped a lot!)

The distance was not really a problem (13K on Saturday 19K on Sunday, so a total distance of 32K or 20 miles), even with the aggravated achilles, and a slight sprained ankle we never walked between obstacles, except for when we could already see the next obstacle. Even the dreaded cramps were not present. Which is a big win (cause i had a lot of trouble with that in previous OCRs, and a sign that the prep this time was better). But there were a lot of things that could improve too!

So what did i learn this weekend and how does this relate to my challenge(s).

Behold GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The masterplan!

Running: My stamina on running is on point. At the OCR running in between the obstacles at a moderate pace made me feel like i was restoring energy. So i just want to maintain that, which allows me to drop a little focus on it. I have been running on and off for a couple of years now, and i have had several times where i needed to rebuilt, which is not pleasant but it takes me little effort to get back to running over half marathon distances with relative ease. And i don't want to completely abandon it, just gonna run maintenance for a few weeks, just to see what it takes keep at my current level.

Funny Running GIFs | Tenor

Really hope i can make a better GIF after a couple of these challenges...

Strength: Always been a stocky guy. Started out with Powerlifting. After that i really liked Strongman classes at the Crossfit. The most recent development is a "Protege™". It's a young (16 years old) nephew of my wife. He quit soccer (for reasons) and it basically came down to the fact that he wanted me to guide him in getting stronger. We are doing a mix of Powerlifting and random other stuff lately. He really likes to be challenged, so i am working at his weak points (and mine) at the same time. It's fun having someone around to clown around with weights. It comes in real handy i've built a pretty decent homegym, and it's still growing with new equipment. He's back at school now which leaves us with nice windows in the evening to plan workouts. That will be a focus, steering a bit away from dedicated powerlifting to a more upperbody/strongman kind of workouts.

Gym GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Lift weights on do fun stuff in the homegum

Body composition: This is where things get ugly. The thing i already know but what really was apparent last weekend at the OCR's. I need to lose bodyfat! I am 1.73m (5'8) and weigh 82KG (180 lbs) my BMI is 27.4. Now i know BMI isn't the best way to measure, but it's pretty apparent that i need to lose fluff. According to my fancy scale i have a bodyfat percentage of 24.3%. That's too much. Losing bodyfat will help me in most of the things i want to get better in. Running, Calisthenics, Summerbody (cause i'm a bit vain). You know just the average, wanna look good naked thing. I just need to lose the excess weight that is not helping me out in any way! 

Before Pin on Gifs after Johnny Bravo Muscle GIF - Johnny Bravo Muscle Flex - Discover & Share GIFs

If you check last challenge you can see i did quite a lot of running, a fair amount of lifting workouts, and had an average of just over 2 resting days a week. During a time where i also had my summer-break at work. So i can pretty safely say i don't belong to the inactive group. Yet it does not shift my weight. Which means the source of the problem is found somewhere else. I already know where this goes wrong. Next to troubles with portion control, i love the wrong kinds of food (mostly high KCAL). Fastfood, pasta, BBQ and my love for beer. It feels like an impossible task to say no when those things are offered AND it's hard to control my portion size. Now i don't look forward to this, but this HAS to be my main goal!

Mando Way This Is The Way GIF - Mando Way This Is The Way Mandalorian -  Discover & Share GIFs

So onto a workable summary for this Challenge:

Short And Sweet No Problem GIF - Short And Sweet No Problem Smh - Discover  & Share GIFs

just like

Myself GIFs | Tenor

Running (weekly):

• 1 short run (sub 10k)
  • 1 long run (over 10k)

Lifting (weekly):

• 3 workouts with Protege™

Body Composition (weekly):

• Portion Control (7)
  • No Fastfood  (6)
  • No eating in between meals (7)
  • Strict Breakfast (7)
  • Strict Lunch (5)
  • No beer (per exception)

(number of times per week for a score on this goal)

(Exception will be stuff like my birthday or some other stuff which i feel comfortable exempting for)

I want to stay accountable and i'm riding a good wave at the moment. So i will be regularly (almost daily) checking in here. Sometimes posts will be long, sometimes just a quick update.

Next to reporting on things i need to nail as a goal i will also be keeping a record of weight and BF% here to see progress.

I'm gonna run some calculations where i am now and what i want to get to so i will probably edit that on right here! As for a far away goal i am going to use the Rat Race OCR in May 2022. Which helps cause i just based most of this challenge on previous experiences and realizations i made on the last OCR.

Calculations around BF%

Weight: 81.6 KG

BodyFat% : 23.8%

Fat: 19.4 KG

Fatfree: 62.2 KG

BF 5%: 65,5 KG

BF 10%: 69.1 KG

BF 15%: 73.2 KG

BF 20%: 77.75 KG

BF 25%: 82.9 KG

I know this is an oversimplified calculation!

It's just to get something to work too!

I wanted to work to BF15% as the Magical number.

Which works out to a loss of about 10% of my bodyweight

8.2 KG in absolute numbers

Before May 2022 (RatRace)

8 Monhts or ~1 KG per month average

• Like 11

... a little odd in the head ...

Here to watch your number 2! 

Wait, no. No I am not. 

But I am here to support you! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

19 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I am 1.73m (5'8) and weigh 82KG (180 lbs) my BMI is 27.4. Now i know BMI isn't the best way to measure, but it's pretty apparent that i need to lose fluff. According to my fancy scale i have a bodyfat percentage of 24.3%.

This is about where I was at my peak (1.72/81).  You can do this and I think your strategy is on point.  Here to help you stick to the plan :) 

• Thanks 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

(Blatantly stolen from @Yasha92 and adopted to my challenge)

= done 

= fail

⏹ = not yet done

️ =allowed to miss a day

= See explanation at the bottom

WEEK 1 DAY 1

Weigh in: 81.4 

Average: 81.5

BodyFat%: 23.7

Running:

• 1 short run (sub 10k) 
  • 1 long run (over 10k) 

Lifting:

Body Composition:

• Portion Control (7)  ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹
  • No Fastfood  (6) 1 ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ 
  • No eating in between meals (7) ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹
  • Strict Breakfast (7) ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ 
  • Strict Lunch (5) ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ 
  • No beer (per exception) ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹

1. 2 slices of Leftover pizza was part of todays dinner

Monday Sept 6: Day after the OCR's. Monday is a scheduled resting day, and i was so glad (somehow both physically and mentally). We had some pizza leftovers from sunday's post-OCR dinner. The fact THAT we had pizzaleftovers, says something about portion control. Got a haircut and watched TV the rest of the evening.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Calculations around BF%

Weight: 81.6 KG

BodyFat% : 23.8%

BodyFat in KG: 19.4 KG

Fatfree in KG: 62.2 KG

BF 5%: 65,5 KG

BF 10%: 69.1 KG

BF 15%: 73.2 KG

BF 20%: 77.75 KG

BF 25%: 82.9 KG

(calculations seem to work out)

• I know this is an oversimplified calculation!
  • It's just to get something to work too!
  • I wanted to work to BF15% as the Magical Number.
  • Which works out to a loss of about 10% of my bodyweight
  • 8.2 KG in absolute numbers
  • Before May 2022 (RatRace) which is about 8 months away
  • ~1 KG per month average
  • Like 3

thief GIF

Following for the theft!!!

• Haha 3
19 hours ago, deftona said:

Here to watch your number 2! 

Creepy Smile GIFs | Tenor

19 hours ago, deftona said:

Wait, no. No I am not. 

Disappointed GIFs | Tenor

But I am here to support you! 

Pin on Panverdetalla

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

This is about where I was at my peak (1.72/81).  You can do this and I think your strategy is on point. 

i can't do this without you gif | WiffleGif

Here to help you stick to the plan :) 

Speciale Friends-serie draait binnenkort in de Eindhovense Vue bioscoop

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr_Willes said:

Maybe it just was a trap. To get you here to follow...

Subtle GIFs | Tenor

Naughty Smile GIFs | Tenor

Sa1 Kobolds GIF by zoefannet

i was looking for a “well it worked” gif, but this one was way more nerd appropriate.

is there a pvp for losing dem kgs? Do we need to summon @Rurik Harrgath to guide us?

• Thanks 1

Are our minds linked?

I just read through the old weight loss pvp that seemed to die out in june...

I don't think i need it this time, but i will join up if it's being done.

But Shes Confident And Completely GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Also...

13 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

Sa1 Kobolds GIF by zoefannet

That would have nailed it if it said Goblin (as that is what i am playing in my first DnD campaign)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love the plan man, 1kg/month sounds infinitely sensible (sorry for using a bad word ;) ), and I'm sure you'll smash it.

1 hour ago, Yasha92 said:

is there a pvp for losing dem kgs? Do we need to summon @Rurik Harrgath to guide us?

1 hour ago, Mr_Willes said:

I don't think i need it this time, but i will join up if it's being done.

If this is a thing, I might be game

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

Here I Am GIFs | Tenor

• Thanks 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Making my rounds this afternoon and sliding in to see my very favorite Willes.

Yo Hello GIF

This is a solid plan.

Also, I hear you on the bit about just having 100% restrictions.    I have had great success in the past by allowing things, on certain days / reasons.   It takes the 'you can't!' out of the brain and replaces it with a 'you get it soon'.

200.gif

I'm having to rein things in a bit for a while myself, so we can be partners in that!   For me, it's counting calories to break my 'oh I am sure this little bite won't matter in the long run' trend that snuck back into my pattern. 

BleakRespectfulFossa-max-1mb.gif

Ok, I have satisfactorily giffed all over your thread and said hi!   Off I go now!! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

11 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I guess that validates summoning @Rurik Harrgath

Wait

Erdinger Hefe Dunkel - Vlaamsche Reus World Of Warcraft GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY Protein Cake Chocolate with Orange 400 g | Fruugo NL

i think this should do it!

Aladdin Genie GIF - Aladdin Genie Summon - Discover & Share GIFs

Phenomenal Cosmic Power GIFs | Tenor

I have arrived!  Good choices on that summoning reagents ;) 

I'll set up a PvP this week :D 

• That's Metal 6

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

17 hours ago, Rookie said:

1000% 

Jimmy Fallon Agree GIF

I tend to make them, every once in a while.

It's probably gonna be a while till my next one so...

Well, don't hold your breath || Peggy Carter || AC 1x01 Now is Not the End  || 245px × 130px || #animated … | Oh captain my captain, Agent carter,  Captain my captain

14 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Here I Am GIFs | Tenor

Welcome To The Club Feel Free GIF - Welcome To The Club Feel Free Belong -  Discover & Share GIFs

11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Making my rounds this afternoon and sliding in to see my very favorite Willes.

Yo Hello GIF

Approved GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

This is a solid plan.

Also, I hear you on the bit about just having 100% restrictions.   

It works wonders for my brain. Like i want to do stoptober with regards to not drinking. Though if we meet up with a certain online crew, i want to enjoy a  few beverages, so i will make an exception for that, also cause it only happens a few times a year. Same goes for my birthday. That doesn't happen a few times a year, but i DO want to make an exception for that.

I'm having to rein things in a bit for a while myself, so we can be partners in that! 

Well, since living in my attic is probably not gonna work out, i will take you up on this...

Im Dissapointed GIFs | Tenor

(about the living in my attic thing of course!)

counting calories

Be Gone Demon GIFs | Tenor

BleakRespectfulFossa-max-1mb.gif

Ok, I have satisfactorily giffed all over your thread and said hi!   Off I go now!! :D

Why does that make me giddy...

Enthousiasm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Thanx for dropping by FREN!

11 hours ago, Terra said:

1kg = 2.2 pounds

My brain had to see the actual conversion.  1kg per month is very doable, count me in! 

I Like Swimsuit GIF by MOODMAN

Count me in, as in you are gonna try to do that too? In that case, follow Rurik's breadcrumb in this thread!

Also congrats on your slips!!! That's bad-ass!

Badass GIFs | Tenor

6 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Aladdin Genie GIF - Aladdin Genie Summon - Discover & Share GIFs

Phenomenal Cosmic Power GIFs | Tenor

I have arrived!  Good choices on that summoning reagents ;) 

It's one of my superpowers, to remember what someone likes, for when i screwed up and it needs fixing....

6 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I'll set up a PvP this week :D 

Awesome Sauce GIFs | Tenor

= done 

= fail

⏹ = not yet done

️ =allowed to miss a day

= See explanation at the bottom

WEEK 1 DAY 2

Weigh in: 80.6 

Average: 81.4

BodyFat%: 23.1

Running:

• 1 short run (sub 10k)  
  • 1 long run (over 10k

Lifting:

Body Composition:

• Portion Control (7)   ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹
  • No Fastfood  (6)  ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ 
  • No eating in between meals (7)  ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹
  • Strict Breakfast (7)  ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ 
  • Strict Lunch (5)  ⏹ ⏹ ⏹  
  • No beer (per exception)  ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹ ⏹

1. 2 slices of Leftover pizza was part of todays dinner

Monday Sept 6: Day after the OCR's. Monday is a scheduled resting day, and i was so glad (somehow both physically and mentally). We had some pizza leftovers from Sunday's post-OCR dinner. The fact THAT we had pizza-leftovers, says something about portion control. Got a haircut and watched TV the rest of the evening.

Tuesday Sept 7: I did a small run after work just before dinner. It was a bit awkward. In the OCR i managed to annoy my achilles even further, and lightly sprain my ankle. First mile felt pretty awkward, like i needed to relearn running. After about 2K it felt much better and i found a stride (and probably my achilles was  sufficiently warmed up) that mostly worked. It was still acting up a bit but it was doable. Good thing is that i don't feel my sprained ankle at all when running. It also was pretty warm, it was the warmest day since the heat wave early June, which made it easy to run slowly, and still be soaked at the end. Today will probably be the warmest day since early june. And i sabotaged my challenge a bit. I changed up the lifting workout scheduled for today to a BBQ with Protege™ and his family. But hey, i'm certain this is gonna be the last super nice day of the year! Also worth noting, i have changed my running goal to 2 small runs a week instead of 1 long and 1 short. This until my achilles and ankle are cooperating better.

SNOPES DEBUNKED: Yelp versus South Park and Comedy Central: A Frivolous  Lawsuit? - Florida Justice

• Like 7

Following, without gifs though because I can't compete with your gif game.

Adjusting goals as needed to avoid running injuries is a power up skill!

okay I lied, one gif for you

f42c655b8c1751ba-600x338.gif

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman