First challenge for the Survivor

Survivor

My first challenge. I've set myself four goals for this time.

1.  Do a physical activity every day. This can be a run, or cycling to work, or climbing or aerial yoga. It can (and should) be the current NF workout in the app on days that's a goer. For rest days an on purpose walk or some gentle yoga.

I know life, so I'm aiming for like a 90% hit rate here.

2. Meditate daily. This can be as little as a minute, but obviously I'd like to rack up a few decent wins here too. 

The challenge here will be that with all I've got going on, those two may often be competing for the same limited free time. So I need to think about that. Maybe some early morning meditation?

3. I'm learning te reo Māori, using these old but great TV episodes available online. I want to do at least 3 episodes a week. I can do this at work, so at least it's not in competition for that scarce free time.

4. Get this new job I want. A new job is likely to come up at my work that would be amazing. I want to put lots of effort into my application so I either get it or feel confident I wasn't meant to.

• Like 7

Kia ora! Welcome to the forums and good luck with your goals. Meditation, movement and Maori sound awesome. And good luck with the job application!

• Thanks 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Alright, reporting in on day 1!

1. Physical activity ✅ - aerial yoga for the first time in a long time! Was so much fun.

2. Meditation ✅ - just a few quiet minutes at the start of the day, but still counts! I'm going to try and do this first thing on waking up anytime I wake up early enough to do it.

3. Te reo - not today, but aiming for M-W-F on this, so that's all good.

4. Job not posted yet. Should be soon!

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Survivor said:

1. Physical activity ✅ - aerial yoga for the first time in a long time! Was so much fun.

Nice! Is that with those climby ribbon things, or?

17 hours ago, Survivor said:

2. Meditation ✅ - just a few quiet minutes at the start of the day, but still counts! I'm going to try and do this first thing on waking up anytime I wake up early enough to do it.

It definitely counts!

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

Day 2 (13th):

Train wreck of a day haha. Kids were super intense at bedtime so took a long time to settle them and by the end I just needed to go to sleep myself.

1. No physical activity

2. I did meditate in the morning. ✅

3. No te reo 😕

4. Still waiting on job to be posted

Day 3 (14th):

1. Did both chin up and flexibility workouts!✅

2. Meditate ✅

3. Te reo ✅ worked out how to download episodes to my phone so I could listen on the drive home from work, yay. Also it is Māori language week so possibly opportunities to practice 

4. No job yet

• Like 2

Aerial yoga sounds soooo cool. Definitely something I want to try eventually. Or that bungee chord dancing stuff I have seen on TikTok. I obviously don't know the name of it.

I get to hear my friends struggles with her kids and bedtime. Does not sound like a good time! She has 3 littles that are like 2,3, and 4. 

Great job today on getting your check marks! 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

On 9/14/2021 at 1:13 PM, Survivor said:

Day 2 (13th):

Train wreck of a day haha. Kids were super intense at bedtime so took a long time to settle them and by the end I just needed to go to sleep myself.

1. No physical activity

2. I did meditate in the morning. ✅

3. No te reo 😕

4. Still waiting on job to be posted

Day 3 (14th):

1. Did both chin up and flexibility workouts!✅

2. Meditate ✅

3. Te reo ✅ worked out how to download episodes to my phone so I could listen on the drive home from work, yay. Also it is Māori language week so possibly opportunities to practice 

4. No job yet

Lots of green checks yesterday! And even just meditation is good, for a train wreck type day 🙂