Body by Bach Volume 1: Party Like It's 1725 [KeysMcGee]

So after taking it easy last challenge (not to mention hammering out an identity shakeup), I think it's time to get back into the game this go-round. Stuff's starting to get a little slack around here, and it's showing.

And since people farting around with long, pointless introductions and other pleasantries is a personal pet peeve of mine, let's get to the damn challenge already.

1989649308_BodybyBach.jpg.7609639033fc56df270ecf478f75e79e.jpg

The (Agile) Routine

Sprint Planning and Daily Stand Ups:

1. One-week sprints that shall be planned on Sundays with a retrospective on Saturdays.

2. Daily NF Stand-Up each day. What did I work on yesterday, what am I working on today, what are my impediments?

3. Daily planner checks.

The Workout:

3 X per week. Inverted Rows and squats. 

-Still trying to get to the point where I can do a full pull up. Still can't do one yet, and after taking off the last challenge, I've fallen behind somewhat, but that's okay. I'll pick up with where I'm at.

-I was doing Stronglifts 5X5, but the problem with Stronglifts is that it takes me almost an hour and a half from start to finish each session. That's fine on the weekends, but on the weekdays, given that I'm also doing things like preparing meals, doing CPE, doing all this planning stuff, and taking care of my sanity, it simply isn't sustainable. 

The Piano

4. Sprints will include updates on my piano progress each day. Rather than spell all that out here, I'll say just keep an eye out for the "daily stand-ups."

Alcohol:

5. Not gonna do it. Full year or bust, baby.

• Like 6

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford

"The older I get, the more I understand that the only way to say valuable things is to lose your fear of being correct." -Malcolm Gladwell

Nice!

How are you doing stronglifts so that it takes an hour and a half lol? 

712415ba4a89133adbe82493a2210f76.gif

(maybe i'm doing stronglifts wrong 😂🤣)

What methods are you using to get to the full pull up?

Looks like an awesome set up for your challenge! Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

9 minutes ago, Happienumber said:

Nice!

How are you doing stronglifts so that it takes an hour and a half lol? 

(maybe i'm doing stronglifts wrong 😂🤣)

I think most of the blame rests with a disorganized garage / gym. Loading / unloading plates takes forever because I don't have a proper plate rack, so they end up sitting on boxes or lawnmower seats or lying on the floor. My working theory is that a lot of time is literally wasted just walking back and forth from weight rack to stack of boxes in the corner or to chair / lawnmower in the other corner. Plus having to step around a bicycle / other lawn equipment to get to things like a bench. Also resting for 3 minutes between each sets burns a lot of time (I think 42 minutes spent resting if my math is right (5 sets per exercise for 3 exercises times 3 minutes less 3 minutes because after the last set, you put the plates back and go back into the house).

I think that I did time it once and it came out to more like an hour and 20 minutes or so, but rule of conservatism means that I round that up to a full hour and a half which makes sense if you also include all the ancillary things such as showering, getting water, etc.

Again, I still think most of the time sink can be mitigated by a more organized gym set up (or even just an organized gym set up). It would also be a much safer way to work out. Problem is, there's only so much I can do without spending money, and spending money is pretty much a non-starter until our finances improve. 

34 minutes ago, Happienumber said:

What methods are you using to get to the full pull up?

This. I'm currently at Level 2 in the NerdFitness "Do Your First Pull-Up progression." 

37 minutes ago, Happienumber said:

Looks like an awesome set up for your challenge! Looking forward to it.

Thanks! I need to finish building the thing out, but (1) I'm in kind of a mood, so I'm having a hard time writing / thinking atm and (2) Even after all this time, I still can't come up with a daily piano routine that I'm happy with. 

• Like 1

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford

"The older I get, the more I understand that the only way to say valuable things is to lose your fear of being correct." -Malcolm Gladwell

1 hour ago, KeysMcGee said:

I think most of the blame rests with a disorganized garage / gym. Loading / unloading plates takes forever because I don't have a proper plate rack, so they end up sitting on boxes or lawnmower seats or lying on the floor. My working theory is that a lot of time is literally wasted just walking back and forth from weight rack to stack of boxes in the corner or to chair / lawnmower in the other corner.

And just thought of this-For what it's worth, it's not an hour and a half at first. When I first start Stronglifts, especially after not having done it for a long time, it doesn't take nearly that long.

What happens is that the warm-up sets take an inordinate amount of time. If I'm squatting 195, that means that I start a warm up at the empty bar for 5 reps, then, following the instructions as I remember them, increment up to bar +20 lbs, add that weight, do 4 reps, swap out the weights on the bar so that I increment up to +40 lbs, and so on. Since I'm doing this at the start of each exercise, that is ultimately what burns so much time. 

Having said all that, I'm at about a 40% confidence level that that's how a proper warm-up should be done for these. Those are the official instructions in the app, though, which gives me a little peace of mind (my logic is that if a lawsuit comes out of it, the official instructions are what the courts are going to look at, so whoever is writing those instructions is under a lot of pressure to get things right). Personally, I'd much rather continue with a structured workout program, so I'm open to advice about how to reduce the time for these workouts.

But for all I know, it may be just like food preparation. The official guidelines say to cook chicken to an internal temperature of 160 because that's when you can be absolutely positive nothing bad will happen, but I never get my chicken up to that point because then it's like biting into rubber and most of the creepy crawlies were dead at around 140 anyway.

All that to say, I might be safe doing my warm-ups in increments of 40 as opposed to 20. Or maybe it varies depending on the type of movements.  And I probably need to get around to organizing that garage at some point, especially with the holidays coming up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KeysMcGee said:

What happens is that the warm-up sets take an inordinate amount of time. If I'm squatting 195, that means that I start a warm up at the empty bar for 5 reps, then, following the instructions as I remember them, increment up to bar +20 lbs, add that weight, do 4 reps, swap out the weights on the bar so that I increment up to +40 lbs, and so on. Since I'm doing this at the start of each exercise, that is ultimately what burns so much time. 

Ayyyyy ok. I wasn't counting warm up sets at all because I don't do them (so it is actually a case of "im doing stronglifts wrong" lol) I'm sure its probably far less than ideal but i've always done like a full body calisthenics warm up before the lifts. Then the lifts are like 35-45 minutes. (I mean, now i'm doing a very modified version but that's how it went when I was "following the program") 

You're probably right in sticking with the official warm up. There's a lot of logic to doing warm-up lighter weights on the same exercises. 

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

And here's the update for week 0.

1. Planner: Done.

2. NerdFitness: Hi.

3. Workout: Done.

Inverted Rows: Did 3 sets of 5 reps. Bar felt pretty high, but since I'm coming back from a long hiatus, I am okay with this.

Squats: 5 sets of 5 reps at 95 lbs (bar + 50). 3 minute rest in between sets. Warm up was empty bar and then 65 lbs.

Next time, I think I should do the squats first, so I'mma swap those out. I also probably should have waited until Tuesday so I wouldn't be doing workouts 3 days during my workweek, but whatevs. I'll skip 2 days and do the next one on Thursday.

4. Piano Sprint: Week 0.

Since this is a 0 week, I'm looking for consistency and a repeatable process more than anything. But that's a constant battle, so at least for this week, here are the objectives:

Repertoire:

1. Tansman Book: Both Ways up to 75 bpm both hands.

2. Anna Magdalena Notebook: BMW 113. Hands Separate up to 75 bpm.

Technical Work:

Right Hand: Descending triplets in measure 3 of BMW 113 are muddy, so I'll be working to make these lighter, faster, and more fluid. Goal is to get those triplets up to 75 bpm and still sounding nice and controlled.

Left Hand: I've had an ongoing problem with leaps and general moving around the keyboard with my left hand, so I bought a Stride Hanon book to help me with this. For this week, I'm starting with the 4th exercise, left hand only, no tempo, to get a feel for it. The goal is to be able to play that entire left hand pattern at a slow speed without looking at my hands ever ever ever.

5. No alcohol: Still a thing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Happienumber said:

Ayyyyy ok. I wasn't counting warm up sets at all because I don't do them (so it is actually a case of "im doing stronglifts wrong" lol) I'm sure its probably far less than ideal but i've always done like a full body calisthenics warm up before the lifts. Then the lifts are like 35-45 minutes. (I mean, now i'm doing a very modified version but that's how it went when I was "following the program") 

You're probably right in sticking with the official warm up. There's a lot of logic to doing warm-up lighter weights on the same exercises. 

I mean, true, you're not doing them, but it sounds like it hasn't caused you any issues. No injuries or nothing like that? What sort of full body calisthenics do you do? I've heard the argument made that "your body just needs to be warm and that's why we call it a 'warm up'" and if I can achieve the same goals but without all the incremental bumping up of weights, then that means doing Stronglifts during the week goes back to being feasible. Like I said, it's a great program. I just can't afford the time sink as it stands right now.

4 minutes ago, KeysMcGee said:

No injuries or nothing like that?

None yet, but I'm probably playing with fire. I was up to a 195 bench, 165 squat, and 300 dl when I had to take a break due to an injury doing something entirely different. But I didn't get any injuries from the workouts. Then again, these are somewhat middle of the road numbers so I'm not sure if it would be sustainable at heavier weights (I never aim to be much higher than these numbers, because my primary focus is acrobatics so I'm not looking to put on lots of extra muscle. I'm aiming for around 200 for squat, which is the only thing I was lagging in.)

11 minutes ago, KeysMcGee said:

What sort of full body calisthenics do you do?

Its nothing that I have set in stone, just getting my heartrate up, feeling like I'm about to break a sweat, and activating all my muscle groups. So like, some jump rope, jumping jacks, burpees, push ups, body weight squats, some animal moves (bear crawls, crab walks, kong vaults on the floor) and then some very dynamic stretching like arm and leg swings in every direction, windmills. I pull a lot of stuff from my old gymnastics warm ups like windsheild wipers and hip circles, which I noticed helps me with my squats.  It sounds like a lot of things, but I'd get pretty darn warm after about 10 minutes. Which is probably not enough time, but I guess so far it's worked for me. Sometimes it'd be 15 minutes if I was really stiff or had been sitting/just woke up before the workout, but I usually do lifts at night so I'm already up and active to start with.  

• Like 1

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Daily Stand-Up:

What I did yesterday:

-Relaxed mostly and enjoyed the waning hours of my three-day weekend. Formally mapped out my trouble spots in Tansman's "Both Hands" piece and identified a starting tempo (60 bpm). I also assembled this challenge. And cleaned the carpets (what's left of them) and officially ordered our new flooring panels from HD (should arrive by around the 20th). Did a little bit out of the Stride Hanon book-exercise 4 done super duper slowly with LH only. Making my pinky hop the distance of a 4th without looking at it is proving to be quite the challenge, especially when I have to jump back up a 6th or so with my 1 and 2 fingers. Stride is tough as hell, but I'm hoping that if I can get it down, I'll be able to navigate the keyboard much more confidently.

What I'm doing today:

-Getting back into the swing of things at work. Prepping for meetings, and generally getting my mind right for the weeks ahead. Piano-wise, I plan to map out my trouble spots with BMW 113 in more depth today and identify a starting tempo. I'm also on the hunt for some scale exercises that sound pleasant and musical. Pianote had a few good ones in the past, so I may check those out.

What my impediments are:

-Life-wise, I'd say a jacked up sleep schedule. I didn't fall asleep last night until maybe 1:50 or 2 am-ish, and that caused me to not drag myself out of bed until around 8.

-Piano-wise, mainly getting bored. I struggle with doing anything structured because sometimes I just want to screw around on the thing. So I'm going to try to make a point to spend some time improvising and just having fun making sounds on the instrument. I need little check-ins like this to remind myself how much joy I get from playing this thing. It shouldn't always be work.

• Like 2

Daily Stand-Up: 9/8.

What I did yesterday:

-Mapped out fingerings and trouble spots for both LH and RH for BMW 113. It's interesting how putting myself under the pressure of a metronome forces me to think differently about my fingerings. Stuff that made since when I went through the piece without the metronome just seems weird doing it with a metronome, and I ended up revising at least a couple of fingerings because of this. 

-Grabbed one of my jazz books and messed around just playing the chords to see if I was inspired to do anything. I wasn't, but at least I got the chord practice in. Also did a little bit of the Bb minor scale just to do it.

-Didn't pay as much attention in my personal planner. That said, there's not really that much going on for me in the week, anyway. Ended up falling asleep at 1 am which is an improvement from the previous night's bedtime at 2 am.

What I'm doing today:

-Back into Tansman's "Both Hands." Going to solely focus on working the trouble spots that I marked up to higher speeds (maybe 95 bpm?). 95 bpm is unreasonably fast for that particular piece which is perfect because if I can play it at 95, then 75 bpm should be a breeze.

-Still on the lookout for some nice sounding scale patterns. Never got around to watching the Pianote videos yesterday. Maybe this afternoon.

-Intentionally skipping today's workout for reasons noted earlier. Basically, I want my schedule to show a Tuesday / Thursday / Saturday cadence. So I'll do tomorrow, then Sat, and then that following Tuesday.

What my impediments are:

-Similar problems as with yesterday. I'm just not feeling all that inspired or motivated to play. That all changed once I sat down and started working on BMW 113 yesterday, so it may be the case that some of the pieces I'm working on are a little too easy. Still. I want to at least see these pieces through. I have an ugly habit of bouncing around from piece to piece, and as such, I don't even have a repertoire of pieces per se. I can never seem to settle on one, and as soon as I think I have it worked up, I abandon it out of boredom.

Working through this first Bach piece is showing me that yes, I really am getting better at this piano thing. I'm also getting an appreciation for the value of putting in the work at the super duper early stages and how important it is to first spend time with each individual hand. Sure, it's mostly just quarter notes and eighth notes, and sure, I'm only playing one note at a time, but still. Both hands are doing a lot of activity just with that, and it's paying off to spend time hashing out what each individual hand is doing first.

• Like 1

And I've officially hit 75 bpm consistently with "Both Ways." So, changing that goal to 90 bpm for "Both Ways" by the end of the week which, according to my metronome is officially "Moderato" which is the marked tempo on the piece according to Alexandre Tansman. Once that's done, I'll have my first official piece that I'm willing to count as part of my "repertoire." Might even do a video of my playing it if I can figure out the recording part.

• Like 1

Love the Agile method being used. I have thought about it and using it to help organize my backlog of stuff.

Have you tried going to 3 sets X 5 reps? This was the original Starting Strength method until the strong lifts guy hijacked it to 5 sets.

• Like 1

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

2 hours ago, doctorake said:

Love the Agile method being used. I have thought about it and using it to help organize my backlog of stuff.

I'm big on efficiency and having stuff serve multiple purposes. Since I have to learn all of this Agile stuff for my job anyway, I might as well find a few non-work applications as well. 

2 hours ago, doctorake said:

Have you tried going to 3 sets X 5 reps? This was the original Starting Strength method until the strong lifts guy hijacked it to 5 sets.

You know, I actually have that book lying around here somewhere. I think I stuck with the 5 sets because that's what the Stronglifts guy said to do, but I also think that if it comes down to a contention between what Mehdi says or what Coach Ripp says, I'm more apt to take Ripp's word over his. This would definitely reduce my time spent on the lifts for sure, so I might try that. 

I think that the other reason why I don't go full starting strength is because he has a lot of the Clean and Jerks and other lifts that aren't such a good idea if one doesn't own rubber plates.  But, there's no reason why I can't do some kind of hybrid between the two. I think the other issue is that I am keen to eventually be able to do my first pull up, and it doesn't seem that any of Mehdi's lifts directly move me toward the goal (though I think the assumption may be that if I get far enough through these lifts, I should eventually be able to do one--problem is that I'm starting to get impatient).

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

I need to see you guys using Agile for organizing.

"You've got your Agile in your Agile so you can Agile while you Agile."

Ditched the joke about Bach and replaced it with this (come on Keys, there's no need to cast aspersions on the appearance of one of the most prolific European composers of all time).

Revised workout which (might I add) got finished in under 30 minutes. Built it off of the Starting Strength workout.

A day:

Squat:

-45lb X 5 reps X 2 sets

-95lb X 5 reps X 3 sets

Bench press: (damnit, realized I should have done press. Oh well).

-45lb X 5 reps X 2 sets

-65lb X 5 reps X 3 sets

Deadlift:

-95lb X 5 reps X 2 sets

-105lb X 5 reps X 1 set

Other adjustments-Rather than going by the formal "wait 1.5 minutes" or "wait 3 minutes," instead, I'm just kind of eyeballing it. If I feel ready to lift again, I'm going to lift. 

• Like 1

Daily Stand Up-9/9

What I did Yesterday:

-I got "Both Hands" up to my goal speed in sprint planning, and then spent the rest of the evening working on my left hand on BWV 113. Granted, I was doing all of this at 11:30 pm last night.

-Aside from that, didn't really do much else. Yesterday was a huge meeting day, so afterwards, I blew off some steam playing Skyrim and...well, time sorta got away from me, I guess.

-Went to bed at 1:30 am. Oops.

-Didn't really check the planner much. Maybe a little bit. But not really. Also oops.

-BUT I still haven't had any alcohol.

What I'm doing Today:

-I'm going to go after BWV 113 again today, but this time, all right hand stuff, with the metronome. I'm also not touching anything before that first repeat since I'm falling into the habit of always starting at the beginning of the song and running into that issue where the beginning is really solid but the rest of the piece isn't so...hot.

-Might go back to that stride book, too, to work on my left hand stride patterns.

-Going to clean up my planner a little bit. It's getting overly complex (I now have sub tasks upon sub tasks), and that's making it unwieldy which is making it less likely that I'll want to look at the thing.

-Going to bed at 12:00 am this time. Swear to Joe Pesci, I will.

What are my impediments:

-Yesterday, I would have said my impediments were flashes of anxiety that interfered with my playing. It happens sometimes where I say something on a call that I think is dumb or some other random thing happens and my mind dwells on it after the fact. I end up thinking "oh my god, they're gonna tell so and so, and then this thing is gonna happen, and then world war III." And it's not even a thing that happens all day. It feels more just like a quick flash. Like my brain gets a squirt of some kind of chemical, and next thing I know, I'm all panicky and I just feel icky and I can't concentrate. That probably happened to me several times while I was playing, and each time, it completely derailed me.

Kenny Werner goes on for several pages in Effortless Mastery where he waxes philosophical about the benefits of meditation. I'm not sure I want to add yet another thing to my list, but I can say that when I take the time to mentally and physically prepare for the instrument (usually relaxing with a cup of hot tea, then a super duper hot shower, followed by some static stretches), I'm able to be much more productive than if I just plop down in a hurry after zapping my brain with a video game for the past couple of hours. So there may be something to that. And perhaps 11:30 pm is not the best time to start a practice sesh.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KeysMcGee said:

Might even do a video of my playing it if I can figure out the recording part.

Yes please

I have to say I admire the consistency at which you practice the piano.  If I had kept up that level of consistency I would be a much better player than I am

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132, 33Humbug[Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yes please

I have to say I admire the consistency at which you practice the piano.  If I had kept up that level of consistency I would be a much better player than I am

Thank you for saying that. Truth be told, this is the first instrument that I learned where I actually want to sit down and play the thing. I think maybe because it doesn't require assembly like a bass guitar or a trombone or something. It's weird.

As for recording, the problem is 10% a nervousness thing and 90% an engineering thing. (Okay, maybe more like 20-25% nerves, 75-80% engineering). If I shot any video it would be through my cell phone, and I need to find some sort of rig I can mount somewhere so I can video myself playing.

• Like 1

Daily Stand Up-9/10

What I did Yesterday:

-Right hand work on BWV 113 starting after the first repeat. Wasn't really structured practice, and a lot of it happened while also listening to Harry Potter Book 6, so it also wasn't focused practice. Also took some stabs at playing a few measures with both hands. I'm finding certain sections where it comes together pretty easily and other pieces less so.  Also dipped my toes into BWV 114 (If you know the oldies song "Lover's Concerto" by The Toys, it's that melody). One thing I like about Bach's stuff is that even if I play it super duper slow, it still sounds really pretty. I don't have to wait until I get it up to tempo for it to sound cool.

-I went to bed at 12:45. Sorry Joe Pesci. I'll try harder next time.

-Did not get around to cleaning up that planner.

-No alcohol, though.

-And I did get the revised workout done, so that's another win.

What I'm doing Today:

-Going to edit that top post with my updated Starting Strength workout.

-Still need to fix that planner.

-Going to shoot for a midnight bedtime again tonight. I'm going to try telling myself "But Keys, you got A WHOLE DAY to do stuff tomorrow! You don't have to do all the things in the next hour or so before you crash for the night!" It won't work, but I gotta start somewhere.

-I'm gonna take jabs at playing individual measures in BWV at 75 bpm with the right hand to just identify which ones are already at speed and which ones need additional ironing out. Other than that, who knows. I might just do what I did the other day and mess around with some random songs.

-Also will go back to "Both Hands" just to make sure that one's good and worked up.

What are my impediments:

-The same ones that have been my impediments all week: Namely, all the other things that aren't piano getting in the way. Work stuff, playing video games after work, other distractions. Some of these distractions (e.g. work) I don't have a lot of control over. Most, however, I do. It's a matter of getting myself to sit down and get in that focused practice time before I head off to do other stuff.

• Like 2

Week 0 Retrospective: 9/13.

Combining the planning and retrospective in one update since stuff pretty much fell by the wayside over the weekend.

Much Wins.

1. Piano-I succeeded at both objectives for week 0. "Both Ways" is up to the goal speed. BWV 113 is now up to 75 bpm HS for left and right hand.

2. Still no alcohol.

3. Although delayed a day later than planned, and although I got interrupted on my second set of squats to take my wife to brunch and then went to a buddy's birthday party, I came home later that evening and actually managed to finish my workout routine that day. I could have easily just said to hell with it and decreed that since I couldn't get a proper workout in, the thing to do was to just skip it, I chose to finish the workout anyway.

So-A day

Squat: 45X5X2; 100X5X2.

OH Press: 45X5X3;

Deadlift: 95X5X2; 110X5X1

Not so wins:

4. Pretty much no planner or NF stuff happened over the weekend. Lots of pointless Skyrim things happened. No planner or NF things happened.

-----------------------

Week 1 Planning:

1. BWV 113 up to 50 bpm HT.

2. Maintain "Both Ways."

3. Practice trills using the information in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLQ015M5_HI

4. Reorganize personal planner to make it more user-friendly.

5. One work-related article per week*

6. Stronglifts on Tues and Thurs.

7. No video games except on Wednesday and Friday.

8. And, as always, no alcohol.

• Like 1

Update: 9/14.

What I did yesterday:

Worked most of the day, and that was pretty much it. I did make a few feints at BWV 113, but I'm not sure I'd go as far as calling it a dedicated practice session. What I did not do was while away the evening on Skyrim. Instead, I whiled away the evening enjoying the nice weather outside and listening to lectures on the origins of Western Civilization.

-I also did get a couple of work-related articles in.

What I'm doing today:

1. Stronglifts B Day here in just a little while.

2. Going through the Tansman book to check in on "Both Ways" and pick out another song to work on.

3. Maybe some light trills work.

4. Probs should hunt down a work-related article or two. 

What are my impediments?

-The intense temptation to say "screw it, I don't feel like doing any of this nonsense."

• Like 1

And Starting Strength B day done (note to self-need to fix that in the previous post. It appears that my brain is still on the Stronglifts methodology.)

Squat at 105 X 5 X 5 (shoulda done 3 sets, but whatevs.)

Bench press at 70 X 5 X 5 (ditto).

Deadlift 115 X 5 X 1.

• Like 1

1 am bedtimes are not sustainable long term.