A Simplefit Beast

About me:

30 years old. Dad of a toddler, and wife and I expecting twins in just a few weeks time. I wanted a workout that gives me all over general fitness as a baseline, that I can add to as time permits and goals are setup. My chief goals this year are to lose fat, get stronger, and get to Simplefit level 8. I have to say Cheapo's progress was a massive inspiration for me, hope he's still smashing his fitness goals somewhere.

Just bought a weight vest in the hope it helps, and largely influenced by Jim Wendler's 'Walrus' training ideas.

So I'm currently on level 7, and I've been stuck on this for a number of weeks. I've even given up and done some weight sessions,before coming back to Simplefit again.. 

This week I bought a 10kg weights vest, so the plan is to use this on Day 1 and Day 2 for an added strength stimulus, with Day 3 being the standard bodyweight only test day.

Another alternative idea I've had going forward, is to create a 'WALRUS version' of Simplefit, where the test day is based on 30 minute progression instead of 5 minutes, leaning the workouts towards more strength instead... but we'll see.

L7D2 +10kg - 16m 16s

Light curls.

Definitely experienced sone muscle ache/DOMS from incorporating the vest, mostly in my lats and core which was surprising. Once I got into this workout I noticed pushups were pretty tough with the vest too.

Completed the workout fasted. 

I've messed around with fasting the past few days as was experiencing some bloat, and feel loads better for it.

Just doing some quick calculations so see if my goals are even possible. The master level being level 8 day 3 in 5 mins.

50 pullups, 100 pushups, 100 squats = 250 reps

250 reps at 3s average pace = 12.5 mins

250 reps at 2s average pace = 8.3 mins

250 reps at 1s average pace = 4.1 mins

Looks to me like that end goal is pretty much impossible and maybe I now have to re-evaluate everything! My goals and methods. 

I've been looking at Wendler's WALRUS training so maybe thats the avenue to explore.. 

Or perhaps keep SF as my baseline program but with the understanding that 10 minutes are a much better progression method on Day 3.  Or even 15 minutes really!

Thoughts?

Onwards with SF!

I've invested so much time now in this program, with a whole belief system alongside it, that I HAVE to continue. At least up to the new year and through the early months of twin parenting.

After that I may 're-brand' with WaLRUS type training and goals, and/or looking at Stew Smith type workouts. It's all good. Beyond that,maybe even basic calisthenics or ring work. 

But one step at a time.

For now I remain training with SF but will use a 10 minute progression method rather than 5 minutes, which is impossible for the normal human. 

Thus puts me at level 8! 

The goal for the end of the year is to beat level 8 in 10 minutes, then push on with a weights vest....