1 hour ago, Rookie said:

That’s good news about your feet! 

Yes, I'm happy for my giant happy feet.  🙂

26 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

you rock the hobbit GIF

I'm not furry enough to be a hobbit, but otherwise you're not far off.

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

10 minutes ago, Rookie said:

I am sure they are useful feet! The ground coverage likely gives you great stability and propulsion. 

Absolutely.  Don't mistake me; I love my feet.  Except for the crappy arches.  I could do without that part.

• Like 1

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

KBO. - Churchill

Tuesday update

Food was good today.  I was a little short so I have an apple and some peanut butter a little later than I would have liked, but it's all good.

I did get to come home at lunch and do some bench presses.  5 sets of 6 reps at 140#.

I fasted 18 hours, ending it after my workout.  I'm not sure I'll get 18 hours tomorrow, because my last snack was at 8, but I figure anything in the 14-18 hour window should be good, based on the recommendations I found on the internet.

49/53

92%

• Like 6

KBO. - Churchill

On 10/1/2021 at 3:41 AM, Cheetah said:

Anyone can train more pushups, but it's pretty much just training for bragging rights, so I don't bother with it.

This is why I don't try and get high volumes on my exercises.  People are often surprised when I tell them I can only do 5 pullups, but I don't see the point in doing more.  If I can do that I just make it harder and then work back up to 5.

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

15 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

why I don't try

One of the most encouraging things I ever heard about strength training came from my hero, Lou Ferrigno.   He runs a few gyms out in California, and an interviewer asked him for one piece of advise he would give to anyone.  Lou said, "Don't lift too heavy."  If you're not training to compete, it's not necessary.  I feel the same way about pushups, pullups, and pretty much everything now days.  I don't need to become really strong.  I only need to be strong enough to stay healthy and mobile into old age.  That's my goal.

Speaking of lifting, I'm picking up a burr in my left shoulder.  I might dial back the weight on my bench and OHP.  I've been trying to push it up a little bit, and that might not be the best idea while I'm cutting weight.  Of course, I also think I slept on my arm funny last night, because I woke up in the night with my shoulder hurting rather badly.  I'm pretty sure I need a new pillow.

• Like 3

KBO. - Churchill

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

One of the most encouraging things I ever heard about strength training came from my hero, Lou Ferrigno.   He runs a few gyms out in California, and an interviewer asked him for one piece of advise he would give to anyone.  Lou said, "Don't lift too heavy."  If you're not training to compete, it's not necessary.  I feel the same way about pushups, pullups, and pretty much everything now days.  I don't need to become really strong.  I only need to be strong enough to stay healthy and mobile into old age.  That's my goal.

Speaking of lifting, I'm picking up a burr in my left shoulder.  I might dial back the weight on my bench and OHP.  I've been trying to push it up a little bit, and that might not be the best idea while I'm cutting weight.  Of course, I also think I slept on my arm funny last night, because I woke up in the night with my shoulder hurting rather badly.  I'm pretty sure I need a new pillow.

This is essentially the advice I gave myself. I'm not trying to win any competitions, just be mobile my whole life.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Wednesday update

Food today was good.  I fasted about 17 hours.  Dinner tonight was earlier, about 6, so that should make tomorrow a little easier.  Today wasn't bad, but I got a bit hungry in the late morning.  

At lunch I came home and did sets of OHP.  After work but before dinner I ran with my daughter, about 1 mile.  All good stuff.

Oh, and we cut up a giant mushroom we found in the yard.

52/55

95%

• Like 2

KBO. - Churchill

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Oh, and we cut up a giant mushroom we found in the yard.

I think it's a Rancid Mushroom Pate mushroom.

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I would not have let anyone use my good knife on something that gross.

The knife is fine, and it's only medium- good anyway.  The cutting board on the other hand, is probably going in the trash.  Sacrifices to the gods of science.

5 hours ago, deftona said:

I think it's a Rancid Mushroom Pate mushroom.

You may be right.

• Like 1

KBO. - Churchill

20 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Lou said, "Don't lift too heavy."  If you're not training to compete, it's not necessary.  I feel the same way about pushups, pullups, and pretty much everything now days.  I don't need to become really strong.  I only need to be strong enough to stay healthy and mobile into old age. 

This is so awesome, and really encourages me to stop worrying about adding weight on my lifts all the time.   Maybe I can just go back there and squat a reasonable amount for reps and thank my muscles they are doing it happily, and pat my bones on the back and say "You'll be strong in old age thanks to this!"

Nice job on your days and progress.  Life sounds lovely right now!

• Like 2

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

19 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

thank my muscles

Exactly.  Some people approach weight lifting with the view of becoming as strong as they possibly can, and that's totally valid, especially if you plan to compete.  For the rest of us, the question you have to ask when you're considering programming is, how strong do you want to be?  Your body will continue to adapt as long as you continue to add stress, up to your genetically determined maximum.  However, doing that requires increasing amounts of weight and eventually volume, which demands an increasing amount of time.    For most people, you're going to hit a time and commitment limit long before you hit a genetic limit.   So for me, the answer to the question "How strong is strong enough?" is, I want to be as strong as my body decides to be given 3 sessions/week at about an hour/session.  If I do that consistently, and I have good diet and sleep, I can gradually add weight until I eventually plateau.  I won't be able to progress farther without spending more time on it, so that's how strong I will be.  After that I'll be lifting for maintenance and enjoyment.

Right now I'm cutting weight, so I'm not trying to push my lifts up, because I don't want to add stress that I'm not providing adequate resources to recover from.  I've read a few pros who say you can still increase lifts while dropping weight, but I've read plenty who say you shouldn't, and I have crappy joints so I'm choosing not to push my luck.  My programming might not be "optimal", but it makes sense for me, and it's keeping me active and happy, so that's mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 3

KBO. - Churchill

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned.

That's all that matters.  Keep it up! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

4 hours ago, Shello said:

That's all that matters.  Keep it up! 

Thanks, I think I will.  🙂

KBO. - Churchill

Thursday update

Food was good today.  No real challenges there.  I think I had right at 18 hours of IF.

No exercise today, because I had to cover a class, which means my lunch was too short to come home, then after work it was dnd night.  No biggie.

53/57

93%

• Like 2

KBO. - Churchill

I thought I could brave watching the mushroom video lol I could not. 

That's a very interesting take on only doing enough to keep yourself going into old age. I like that and I think it makes sense. That's my overall goal with all the things. I want to be functional and healthy into old age so I can continue with my horses as long as I can. And you know just have a good quality of life.

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

I grew up listening to this album, and it's always been one of my favorites.  Every time I hear it, it makes my heart happy.  I highly recommend it.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

KBO. - Churchill

53 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Every time I hear it, it makes my heart happy.  I highly recommend it.

Same, that album rules.

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Friday update

Food was good, and I got a run in.  I also lifted at lunch, so that's a pretty good day.

Saturday update

Food was untracked, because we went to a reenactment.  I made good choices and I feel good about it, but I didn't bother estimating.  I did get a lifting session in the evening.

58/61

95%

• Like 2

KBO. - Churchill

14 hours ago, Silmarilliane said:

I love getting a lifting session out the way at lunchtime, it makes me feel so much better in the afternoon/evening! 

Those reenactment events can be tough, good on you making good choices 👌

Thanks!

Sunday update

Food was good today.  I got a run in because I won't have time tomorrow.

60/62

97%

• Like 2

KBO. - Churchill