Epsilonte - back to school

Epsilonte

On 9/21/2021 at 12:43 AM, Epsilonte said:

watch the better part of the new season of "Sex education". So I didn't finish my minutes last week... (but the evening was awesome and much wine was drunk xD)

To be fair, this does sound a lot more fun than cardio. :D 

20 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

' really nice to come home after a long day and get a freshly cooked meal... ^^ He was always the one to cook a lot more in our relationship, he's just taking it a bit more seriously now. I love it. :D

I'm so jealous. :D 

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

To be fair, this does sound a lot more fun than cardio. :D 

It was! :D Though cardio isn't so bad either, I have a very nice very bad taste cardio bunny playlist. It helps. xD

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I'm so jealous. :D 

:D :D :D

Beware: incoherent thoughts ahead.

In my last post I totally forgot to write about my movement of the week. So this week so far we had: 2 pole classes on Monday (ok one pole (spinning) and one floorwork (choreo) :D ), one bellydancing class on Tuesday and another hour of cardio in the gym today. I did not want to go there. At all. But went anyway since Wednesday is my only "free" evening in the week right now, so the only time I actually can go there easily. Snatched up 121 precious minutes AND managed to read quite a bit of school stuff on my phone while being on the crosstrainer. :) So I need one more gym session this week for completing my 150 mins and to make good the missing 23 mins from last week. I'm hoping about tomorrow - I have another bellydancing class, a bit earlier in the evening, so I could totally go to the gym on my way home and finish my minutes... If I'm motivated enough to do the detour. Since I wrote about it here, it might actually happen. :D 

Sleep minutes are more difficult to get right now... My goal is 8 hours. Considering my waking up time tomorrow I would have had to go to bed over half an hour ago to get those 8 hours tonight... And I also failed yesterday... Hope I can sleep a bit more towards the weekend. xD 

I also drank some coffee yesterday and it didn't completely kill me like is usually does... Usually I drink one tiny cup in the morning (if at all) and won't sleep for the rest of the week, yesterday I drank a big cup in the afternoon desperately trying to stay awake during a rather long online lecure and... it helped. And I slept just fine. Maybe I just need to eat a lot (aka lunch) before drinking coffee? I never was a big breakfast person, so morning coffee is usually the first thing I drink (again, if at all, I think I drank 5 cups of coffee in the last three months or so xD). Anyway it's interesting and needs more research. :D 

Tomorrow I'll start work very early and have live school in the afternoon. So I might drink a coffee before heading to school and after eating something (btw at least the eating part of the challenge is going great. :) ). Let's see how it goes. :) 

• Like 2

Challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13, 14

No gym today.... no bellydancing class either, it was cancelled. 

BUT... I took a very swift walk today on my way to school and decided to track it for the fun of it. Managed to finish my weekly minutes with that. :D 

Now I'm just 9 mins short (from last week), but I think I'll get those with my pole classes on Saturday if I remember to track them.

Also: I don't own a body scale, so usually I have no idea how heavy I am. We have one at the gym though and yesterday I decided to step on it. I'm really pleased - I'm about 4kg lighter than I expected. :) While weight loss is not a primay goal of mine, it is greatly appreciated (makes it easier to get up that pole :P )

• Like 1

Friday was very nice. I spent the evening with friends eating some lovely Indian food and watching a dance performance (very impressive and a quite NSFW):

Spoiler

It was called "city of whores" and was part of a sex worker conference that took place over the weekend. They tried to shed some light on all the injustices sex workers have to deal with and spoke about their past and their relationship to their job inbetween dancing. I was really something. I already knew a lot of these issues (I follow quite a few strippers on instagram :D ), but it was interesting to see everything not from an us-american point of view but from an european (german, french, austrian...) point of view. Truely fascinating. 

Not much sport on that day, except some goofing around on a pole on a playground. :D 

Saturday: 2h bellydancing in the morning, 2 classes of pole in the afternoon. This time I did track them. And they added some minutes, so yay! The first one a lot more than the second one, I think because it involved a lot more spins, those tend to be a bit more on the cardio side than on the strenght side of things. 

Sunday: studystuff, cleaning the flat, now guildwars. :) It was so nice to spend a day at home again. xD Even though I did use most of it to do my statistics homework... xD

So stats for this week:

Activity minutes: 182/150 - enough for this week and to make up for the missing minutes of last week. :D 

Veggiedays: 6/7 - I ate some salami once because it needed to be eaten and reminded me of home (it's from there and yes our salami at home tastes differently than the one here does. xD Still fine challenge wise, because finishing stuff I already had is fine. :) 

Sleep: 6h 56min/8h - yeah this one is kinda bad, it's barely over 6 hours on most days. :( It's hard to get 8 hours of sleep during the week when I have this much to do (and still want to play at least a little bit before bed). I'll try to do better next week, but I'm not sure I can. And I even really felt the missing sleep this week, I had some trouble finding the right words when speaking a few times because I was kinda tired. Ah, it can only improve. :D 

I also got the photos from my little photoshoot back. They are super trippy and I love them. :D 

Not photoshop, just mirrors. :D I like these three best, but I still have some more. :) 

zl5Ps7K.jpg?2

u8I8HAE.jpg?1

fvASBiA.jpg?1

• Like 4

DUDE those pictures are AMAZING

On 9/23/2021 at 4:58 PM, Epsilonte said:

I'm really pleased - I'm about 4kg lighter than I expected. :) While weight loss is not a primay goal of mine, it is greatly appreciated (makes it easier to get up that pole :P )

Nice! And that's the goal, isn't it? Function matters more than numbers. That strength to body weight ratio.

• Like 1

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

4 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

I also got the photos from my little photoshoot back. They are super trippy and I love them. :D 

Those are great, I love how the mirrors reflect the same image from so many different perspectives

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

19 hours ago, deftona said:

Wow, I love the pictures, they're amazing! 

Thank you! ❤️ 

15 hours ago, Happienumber said:

DUDE those pictures are AMAZING

Nice! And that's the goal, isn't it? Function matters more than numbers. That strength to body weight ratio.

Thank you!!

Yes, totally is! And it's not that easy to keep the ratio right, since muscles weight more than fat. xD 

15 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Those are great, I love how the mirrors reflect the same image from so many different perspectives

Thank you! I have a few more that are even stranger, love them. :D Will post more soon. :) 

Funnily enough, on the day of the shooting I felt awful about myself (my skin acting up, not really being prepared, fluff everywhere etc - that feeling did NOT get better while sitting in between three mirrors xD), I just went there because it was already fixed and I couldn't really cop out... But now I really love hot the pictures turned out. All of them. It was really hard to decide between the pictures and pick just a few... 

Plan for this evening: I only have one pole class today since the second one got cancelled. So perfect for going to the gym afterwards (it's right around the corner of the pole studio). I'm actually excited about going to the gym. :D 

• Like 2

This week is starting great with my minutes! :D 

I finally remembered to track my Monday Pole class (50 mins, not bad considering the whole class is just 75 mins and most of pole teaching consists of standing around looking at people xD) and we went to the gym afterwards for a quick cardio warm up and some lifting, which brought me to a total of 98 mins on that evening. Nice. :D 

Today I took a swift walk again, so now I'm at 112 mins. :) Should be doable for this week. Had a bellydancing class as well, but didn't track it (I don't think it would add much... hmmm but who knows... :D

Tomorrow would be cardio day, but we are skipping it to go to the cinema and watch Dune. :) Looking forward to eating ALL the popcorn and nachos. :D 

Sleep is still less than desired, but I try my best. Though I really can drink coffee without the negative effects now that I'm tired all the time, so yay? xD 

Food is still great, starting to get the hang of this vegetarian thing. :) 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MezzotheLefty said:

I look forward to your thoughts on Dune. I read the book in preparation for this movie but I haven't seen it... yet. 

I will report. :D I read the book as well, but it has been years ago, really, that was before I got to know the mister... xD Damn I'm getting old... xD Don't remember it that well, but maybe it's better that way, movies made from books rarely deliver perfectly what the readers want... ^^

Update! :)

Dune. spoiler free: I reminded me of the books. The pace, the landscapes, the gerneral feeling... I liked that. It felt a bit slow at times, but that's because they have a lot of gorgeous landscape shots. It's a bit like Lord of the Rings in that regard. :D 

So I enjoyed it, most of the time. Biggest problem: I didn't realize when I bought the tickets, that there wouldn't be any subtitles and  some things were REALLY hard to understand acustically (like, I was sitting there thinking "wait, is he speaking English right now? Or one of the made up languages? Ah, I think I recognized this word, but that doesn't make any sense... Ah yep, it was English. Seemed to be important. Oh well..." xD). I have no problem understanding English, but I really struggled there... 

Today: I took over a pole class for a colleague and went to the gym afterwards for cardio day. (Too tired for anything else). I even managed to read some school stuff while doing cardio, two birds with one stone. :D That works surprisingly well. :D 

I'm at 185/150 minutes now for this week. :) And still have one gym session (tomorrow) and one pole class (Saturday) planned. :) 

Food: awesome. :D Had some pizza today. :) 

Sleep... Let's not talk about that... xD I'll go to bed sooner today, I'm super tired... 

And I was a bit premature with my theory about coffee... It's still killing me. xD Drank one cup on Tuesday morning, kept me up until 3am (reading a very bad but very addicting book xD). Oops. ^^

• Like 1

Friday! 

I planned to go to the gym on Friday, but I decided to stay home and play Guildwars instead. :D It was great. :) 

Saturday I had just one Pole class, so I stayed afterwards and trained a few combos I haven't done in aaaages. I actually dreamt of one of those the night before and decided to just go for it... Well it wasn't as pretty as in my dream, but at least I tried it and somewhat succeeded... (scary stuff xD And I was alone. xD Even fell off the pole one try, but after 8 years of this stuff I'm really good at catching myself mid air... xD).

Sunday we went brunching with friends, as a way to celebrate the wedding with them. It was also our one month anniversary. :D So we ate some wedding cake in the evening and had a lovely day overall. :) 

Stats: 

Minutes: 185/150 (plus one evening of pole I didn't track)

Sleep: 6h 43mins :( 

Eating: 6/7 veggie days (I had some salmon with my eggs and mango and avocado for brunch because this just goes together so well. :P

Monday: Did a bellydancing class and had a poledance/floorwork class afterwards. Sadly I forgot to track it, I was drenched afterwards and really feel it in my quads right now (it was basically one hour of continuous dancing on the floor with lots of kneeling waves, I'll sooo feel this tomorrow xD). I might just log this as 60 mins of cardio because it felt like it :P (the class itself was 75 mins long). 

This week is very dense and filled with stuff, don't know if I'll make it to the gym at all, so I'll need all activity minutes I can get... :D 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Epsilonte said:

Saturday I had just one Pole class, so I stayed afterwards and trained a few combos I haven't done in aaaages. I actually dreamt of one of those the night before and decided to just go for it... Well it wasn't as pretty as in my dream, but at least I tried it and somewhat succeeded... (scary stuff xD And I was alone. xD Even fell off the pole one try, but after 8 years of this stuff I'm really good at catching myself mid air... xD).

This week is very dense and filled with stuff, don't know if I'll make it to the gym at all, so I'll need all activity minutes I can get... :D 

THat's amazing! You thought it up and just went for it! Very glad you're okay after a fall!

Good luck getting you minutes in! :)

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

EPIC Quest

On 10/1/2021 at 5:05 AM, Epsilonte said:

there wouldn't be any subtitles

Don't feel too bad about it, I need subtitles a lot too for English language media (especially video games) and I am a native speaker.  Trying to watch movies without subtitles in a foreign language is way hard

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 10/4/2021 at 10:58 PM, MezzotheLefty said:

THat's amazing! You thought it up and just went for it! Very glad you're okay after a fall!

Good luck getting you minutes in! :)

Thanks :D Yeah it wasn't very far down, the fall, and I landed on my feet... I do have a video of it, it's on my Instagram...

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Don't feel too bad about it, I need subtitles a lot too for English language media (especially video games) and I am a native speaker.  Trying to watch movies without subtitles in a foreign language is way hard

Ah it's fine, I already know that English speaking actors like to mumble a lot of lines into their beards (no matter if they actually have beards or not. :D ), I just forgot to book the movie WITH subtitles... ^^ I can listen and understand English podcasts and audiobooks just fine (even while working), but they don't have all the background noise and bad mixing of sound volume that movies tend to have... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

Ah it's fine, I already know that English speaking actors like to mumble a lot of lines into their beards (no matter if they actually have beards or not. :D ), I just forgot to book the movie WITH subtitles... ^^ I can listen and understand English podcasts and audiobooks just fine (even while working), but they don't have all the background noise and bad mixing of sound volume that movies tend to have... 

Movie sound editing is a huge pet peeve of mine. Why are the music and sound effects always SO MUCH LOUDER than any dialogue?!? I suspect some of that is because sound editors wear headphones for their jobs and it really does affect how easy it is to understand spoken words. When I watch YouTube on the TV or computer for example, I have to turn it up sooo much more to hear people speaking than I would if I had my ear buds in. Same thing times 10 for a movie theater vs editing booth, I imagine.

My father is hard of hearing (though he'd never admit it) and I grew up watching everything with subtitles and now its just my default. It's particularly helpful in fantasy shows with lots of fun accents! It used to drive my husband crazy that everything we watch had to have subtitles but he's gotten used to it. :)

EPIC Quest

Yes I'm late to the party, but those pics are GORGEOUS!

3 hours ago, MezzotheLefty said:

I suspect some of that is because sound editors wear headphones for their jobs and it really does affect how easy it is to understand spoken words.

Never thought about this, it's a really good point! Their headphones are also going to be way way better than most people's sound system.

Generally I don't mind subtitles, but it's terrible in cinemas here as they're both in Swedish AND Finnish and take up half the screen. :D And even if I can't understand the Finnish I still have to read them simply because they're on the screen and it gets rather distracting.

On 10/6/2021 at 5:26 PM, MezzotheLefty said:

I suspect some of that is because sound editors wear headphones for their jobs and it really does affect how easy it is to understand spoken words.

You could be on to something there... 

On 10/6/2021 at 8:38 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Generally I don't mind subtitles, but it's terrible in cinemas here as they're both in Swedish AND Finnish and take up half the screen. :D

Don't you have films with English subs only? :D I tend to choose those. Reading subs in a different language than I'm hearing (when I understand both) is way to distracting, because then I tend to judge the translation more than actually trying to keep up with the film... xD

On 10/6/2021 at 8:38 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Yes I'm late to the party, but those pics are GORGEOUS!

Thank you ❤️ 

Updates:

Sleep is a bit better than last week, but still not at the level I want it to be... I try. xD

Minutes: Tuesday I had a bellydancing class, didn't track it though. Yesterday I taught 2 pole classes and did track them, got amazing 128 mins out of this. :D Now if I remember to track everything today and on Saturday, I might just make my 150 mins without counting the class on Monday. :D I hope I do - tomorrow is my only free evening this week, so the only day when I could go to the gym, but I don't really want to (since it's my only free evening this week... xD Need to play guildwars! Friday is WvW reset! Always lots of fun... And the Halloween event is also going on... xD).

• Like 1

Thusday:

Went to the first pole class as a student since May or so... xD And it was soooo much fun! It's a special choreo class called Chicks in Chucks where we wear Converse and dance to 90ies/2000s punk rock. Best class ever. :D Posted the video again on Instagram, it's just waaaay easier this way. :) 

And I tracked it and am now at 251 minutes. Muahahahaa. So fast pole choreos ARE some serious cardio. :D But a lot more fun... xD

Went to a bellydancing class afterwards that also was great fun. Now it's super late, I just got home and need to leave the house for school in exactly 8 hours. Ah who cares, I needed that today. xD 

So I'll probably skip the gym tomorrow and have a chill evening at home (restdays are important, yoooo!)

• Like 2

90s/2000s alternative music is my happy place. That class sounds like an absolute blast! 

0.o Look at all those minutes! and to think you were worried about getting them in this week!  

Rest days are important. If you skip them, the body eventually forces you to take them as Sick Days. Rest is good, Sick is bad. You are wise to take rest days. :D

• Like 1

EPIC Quest

90s/2000s alternative music is my happy place. That class sounds like an absolute blast! 

Mine too. :D And it was ❤️ 

0.o Look at all those minutes! and to think you were worried about getting them in this week!  

Yeah I kinda just wanted to count actual gym-cardio-minutes and I won't have any of those this week... xD But I take what I can get. :D

Rest days are important.

Yes!! And I'm totally winning at this one. Played some Guildwars, now it's eating burritos and watching Netflix for the rest of the night. :D❤️ 

I tracked my pole classes today and am now at 370 mins. xD That is not counting the class on Monday (which was much more cardio than today's classes since I could participate a lot more there) and three bellydancing classes... xD Ah I missed this kind of life, where I get to dance almost every day. ❤️ :D 

Rest of the day today was very nice as well, I slept in (boosting my statistics for this week^^) and then went to our yearly worldwide bellydancing flashmob (where groups around the world dance to the same song at the same time, it's really nice every year. :) This was my fourth time participating. :D ). Afterwards we treated ourselves to some sweets. It was really nice. And surprisingly warm and sunny. 

Tomorrow will be a rest day again - I plan to clean the flat since it's DnD time and this time we will be playing here... ^^ I should also finish some stuff for school, I hope everything will fit in nicely, I only have until lunch before our DM and his wife arrive... ^^

• Like 1

Weekly resumee:

Minutes: 370/150. xD

Sleep: during the week it was mostly around 7 hours, on the weekend its 9-10 hours, total I have a bit more than 8 hours... It's slightly cheated, but the best I can do right now.

Food: 7/7 veggie days. :)  Fun fact: Since doing this veggie thing, I have eaten a lot better in total - more real food, less sweets (since the mister made it his mission to cook something a few times a week and most of the time there is enough to eat for 2-3 days at a time or to fill up the freezer). And the result is... my skin has cleared up a lot. It was always kinda bad ever since I was a teenager (face, arms, upper back mostly), but right now it looks better than it has in ages. :) wheeee. :) I just need to keep my hands off of it (I'm one of those stupid people always picking at their skin) and it might actually stay nice for some time. That would be awesome. :) 

We had soooo much fun playing DnD yesterday... I love playing a bard. It's great. I get to make up so many stupid songs, it's awesome. :D 

The new week started great, a full day of school followed by some pizza and a bellydancing class, finished by a late date night at the gym. xD Today we lifted heavy stuff. Since I was there a bit early after my class I spend some time on the crosstrainer beforehand and got 47 mins for it. :) 

• Like 3

The week was long and full of terror (nah, just work, school, dancey stuff. :D

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday I had bellydancing classes, didn't track those, but had a lot of fun in all of them. :D 

Wednesday I was teaching Pole, tracked it and finished my minutes for this week, I'm at 168 now. :) I'll probably still gather some tomorrow, when I'll teach again. Those classes really saved me this week, apart from the dance classes all my time awake was spent studying or working... Wednesday I stared work at 7am and finished with my last online class right in time to leave for the pole studio... But I had so much fun in my classes, it was great and really lifed my mood. :) 

And I managed to keep Thursday morning free from everything, so I slept until 10 am and it was awesome. Haven't felt that rested in quite some time... 

Apart from Thursday, sleep has been a bit wonky again. 

Food has been good though. Today I was really craving some salami, so I bought some kind of veggie salami and it wasn't too bad. Could get used to it. I need some sort of non-melting veggie salami for pizza though, I really miss pizza with salami...

• Like 2