Here I am for another comeback! One of these has to stick eventually...

I have no idea how I left things in my last challenge, or even how long ago that was, and I'm way too lazy to check, so some updates which may or may not be known:

I got a new job with a Real Adult Paycheque. This has allowed me to get a shiny new computer, which makes these forums much less of an onerous task (my 13 year old Mac would get me there eventually, but it left me lots of time for idle contemplation and getting distracted). It has also allowed me to indulge just a bit in my Ranger Brain and join a HEMA class. Between work, holidays, and events being held by, or attended by, the class organizers, it's been a while since I've gone, so this might take a bit to really settle in, but I've enjoyed what I've done and plan to keep with it if I can. It has also allowed me to try a new program for weight management, so hopefully I can shed a few. Alas, the Real Adult Paycheque has not yet allowed me to move out of my parents' basement, but hopefully that'll come some day...

Along with the new job and the new-found financial security (ish), my mood has taken a definite upswing. Though the job is more stressful than my previous one, mainly because I care about it and want to do the best job I can do, rather than that I find it overly stressful in and of itself, so my sleep (already not great) has suffered a bit. I still have my down days and struggle to get my arse off the couch, but I'm feeling like I'm in a place where I can move forward, albeit slowly.

So, my goals:

Goal 1 ~ The Dude Abides

By the macro goals, that is. The group I joined is called the Focused Adipose Reduction Team (yes, that spells FART, and yes, that was on purpose, apparently), and among other things, the person running things gives you macro goals to abide by. This is nothing new to me, but it's the same goal every day, unlike previous programs I've tried, which is nice and simple. It also requires periodic check-ins, daily weigh-ins,  and participation in a dedicated Facebook group (not usually my thing), so this goal is mainly about the macros but also about Doing the Other Things Too.

Goal 2 ~ Run, Forest, Run!

So apparently my goals have a movie theme going on...?

I used to run regularly, and hated every second of it. I do, however, feel much better just in general when my cardiovascular health is better, and running is the least of all evils when it comes to cardio. Also, while gyms are open again, there's nothing stopping The Unvaccinated Masses from spewing their germs everywhere while Dancing to the Oldies, or whatever, so I'm not real cool about going, so running outdoors is about all I've got (home workouts will not work, I've given up trying and just accepted that's how it is). My physio suggested trail running, since trails are rugged and require more focus than sidewalks, and are also softer on the ol' joints, and I didn't hate the idea. I've been working through an injury that was aggravated by running, so it's been a while, and I need to take it slow. So the goal is to go for some kind of run 3x/week. I went today on a trail that I've walked my dogs on many times and am familiar with, and it wasn't horrible, so this will be my starter trail (plus ample doggos means ample excuses for a short break, cuz you can't not say hi to the good bois and girls). I'd like to be able to do the whole trail without stopping by the end of the challenge (breaks for pats notwithstanding).

I'd also like to walk on my off days. I've never preferred to run 2 days in a row, and usually the other days would be gym days. I'm not gymming at the moment, though, so walking will get me a bit of activity without being overly taxing. In a perfect world I'll run Monday, Wednesday, Friday, then walk Tuesday and Thursday with swords on Saturday and rest on Sunday. On the weekend where I have to work, I won't make it to swords so I'll do an extra walk that week.

Goal 3 ~ Goodnight, Sweet Prince

I'm sure Kenneth Branagh has made a movie of Hamlet at some point in time, if nothing else...

Stick to my bedtimes. This has long been a contentious issue for me, and one I struggle with constantly. Right now, in a sort of ideal world, my bedtime is 10:30pm on work nights and 11pm on non-work nights. I rarely meet this, but I'mma try again to be diligent about it.

Goal 4 ~ Moving 'Boxes'

I'm sure there's a movie quote somewhere using a box as a metaphor, but I've not seen that movie, so just imagine your own reference here.

My boxes are metaphorical (though there are a few actual boxes kicking around), and are related to a clean room. My room is habitually a disaster (I hate putting things away and I don't know why!), and actually I'm ok with it. What I'm not ok with is being ok with it (this has been a lifelong internal conflict), so I really need to clean (I've been ignoring this directive for some time now and reading Kishi's goals made my brain go ping, so I'm adding this goal). I'm going to try to 'move' one 'box' per week. My boxes consist of the following: The Floordrobe, The Office Corner, The Carpet, and The Other Random Detritus. I'm only listing 4 despite it being a 5 week challenge (it is a 5 week challenge, right?) because The Office Corner in particular, but also possibly The Other Random Detritus, might actually end up being a box consisting of 2 or more sub-boxes that must be split between weeks, because all work and no play makes obax a cranky human (this is a surprisingly recent realization, believe it or not).

And that's it! Some other things I'd like to work on is reading more and vegging in front of the tv/my phone less, and picking away at the writing course I signed up for (it's free, and has no set due dates, which is good because I can work at it whenever, but also bad, because I can procrastinate forever with no consequences...). No formal goals for those, though, just some things for me to keep in mind.

• Like 6

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

20 hours ago, obax said:

I'm sure Kenneth Branagh has made a movie of Hamlet at some point in time, if nothing else...

Uh, definitely. Unlike most Hamlets, he did the entire thing unedited, which means it needed an intermission. Four hours.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

5 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Uh, definitely. Unlike most Hamlets, he did the entire thing unedited, which means it needed an intermission. Four hours.

Oooh, and Derek Jacobi, I may have to give it a watch. It is my faviourite Shakespeare, play after all. Kenneth Branagh is not always my faviourite, however, but I feel like this could fit a rainy afternoon nicely.

Cuz I was curious, I just looked up the cast, and Billy Crystal and Robin Williams?!?

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

1 minute ago, obax said:

Oooh, and Derek Jacobi, I may have to give it a watch. It is my faviourite Shakespeare, play after all. Kenneth Branagh is not always my faviourite, however, but I feel like this could fit a rainy afternoon nicely.

Cuz I was curious, I just looked up the cast, and Billy Crystal and Robin Williams?!?

Sounds familiar? This was when he was casting Denzel Washington and Michael Keaton in Much Ado.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Wednesday 9 September

Macros managed! Well, mostly, I overdid it on the protein a bit but I'm used to eating a fair bit more than is currently called for and I guess I didn't tone it down enough. I'll figure it out in a day or two.

No run. My foot was a bit sore today (that's the running injury) but not ridiculously so, and I know what I need to do to manage it, so I'm not worried, but 2 days in a row right at the start seems like potentially a bit much. I'm a bit sore, but not as much as I thought I'd be. Mostly my soleus and feet a bit (muscle soreness on top of the injury soreness), which is expected and will be fine once I get back into it. I'm sure some of that is the uneven terrain too. I probably should have gone for a walk instead of doing nothing just to get the steps, but work was long a tiring today and I didn't have it in me.

I did not make good choices about my bedtime last night. I got into bed later than I should have, then dicked around on my phone for a while, which breaks my 'no phone in bed rule' and also my 'no Tiktok after 10pm' rule. This is probably going to be the hardest, lack of sleep makes me cranky and depressed, which makes me more likely to stay up later, which makes me more cranky and depressed, which makes me stay up later, and so on, gotta love a vicious circle. I don't understand my brain sometimes...

No 'box' moving, that'll probably be a weekend project, I almost certainly won't have the energy for it after work.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Obax!!! Soo good to see you again!  We are the champions of comebacks you and I!  We been at this for years, and I am always glad to see you around and keeping at it. :)      Great news about your new place of employment and the good benefits of it!   I think you'll settle eventually and then hopefully the sleep gets better too.

As for the bad bed time, remember the rule of 2?  Don't let it happen twice in a row?  Hah, easier said than done.

Anyway, here to follow!!

• Like 1

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

18 hours ago, Starpuck said:

As for the bad bed time, remember the rule of 2?  Don't let it happen twice in a row?  Hah, easier said than done.

Easier said than done indeed... I have, in fact, let it happen twice in a row. Thrice in a row, actually. Bedtime is my nemesis, it's like I'm 5 all over again, except now my tantrums are all internal

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Friday 10 September

Had a perfect day, macro-wise, planned out, then realized tonight is family dinner at my sister's house (in celebration of us all finally being fully vaccinated, yay!) and I have no idea what she's making. I don't think it'll be an issue, kcal-wise, so I'm not overly worried, but some of my macros might be a tad off. I'm ok with it, my sister cooks healthy just in general and as a family we're not the type to go over the top when getting together so it'll be good enough. Tomorrow is another story, a friend is coming to town and we're going out to eat, and to my favourite restaurant no less...

Got another run in. Same short route, same number of stops but I went longer between the stops and I didn't stop and walk the last bit, I stopped, then ran the last bit. Still getting the same burning soleus but that's to be expected for the first while back. One of these days I should try to figure out how long the loop actually is, but some of the trails aren't even on the map, so I'll probably never know for sure.

I continue to make bad bedtime choices, and holy by golly, was morning early today. I'll catch up over the weekend but it's probably not the best to be sleep deprived all week then sleep for eternity on the weekends...

No 'boxes' moved yet. This weekend looks to be a bit on the busy side so I think I'll choose the Floordrobe as the first one to tackle, it should be the least time consuming.

• Like 2

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Saturday 11 September

I had a perfect day planned today, macro-wise. I knew I was going out to dinner with some friends tonight, so I looked at the menu last night and picked something I could make fit, then made it fit. Since it was already logged I knew I'd stick with it because I don't actually like tracking my food very much and would rather just stick with the plan than to have to re-log my dinner (this is a restaurant I've been to many times, it's one of my favourite places in town, and I'm a sucker for their fries. I will almost always choose something with fries if I don't plan ahead). And then we got there and they changed the damn menu and my choice wasn't there any more. So of course I chose something with fries.... So, not a perfect macro day, but when I logged it all it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it'd be, and it was a good time had by all, so I'm not really upset.

HEMA class today and OMG it was exhausting. I've only done a few classes, and maybe it's because I'm so out of shape, but I'm always more exhausted after swinging swords around than I expect to be. Probably some of it was being out in the sun for so long, I was for sure dehydrated when I got home, but some electrolytes and a shower helped with that. They did not help my hip flexors, though, oy vey... Lacrosse ball, here I come!

Bedtime was actually good last night. It being not a work night, bedtime was 11 and I got into bed almost immediately after getting home from my sister's, which was at 10:30. I did dick around on my phone for a little, but it wasn't Tiktok so I was able to put it down not too long after and was lights out just after 11 ( my usual routine, if I stick to it, is to go to bed at bedtime, then read a magazine until I get sleepy and then turn out the lights. Last night I barely made it through a couple paragraphs before I was nodding off). I was real tired, though, which seems to be the only time I make it to bed on time... I slept until 10am too, Fitbit says just over 10 hours actually asleep, which is what I would have said based on my restlessness too (usually Fitbit and how I feel don't line up, but it also thinks I'm asleep when I'm laying on the couch watching TV so I expect it to overestimate). I'm pretty tired tonight too, despite all that sleep last night, but it's a good tired, like I had a big day kind of tired, so hopefully I get a decent sleep tonight too.

No boxes, I was legit out of the house for most of the day. I'm putting some laundry on tonight, though, so all my clothes will be clean and I can put my Floordrobe away all at once tomorrow. Usually I get what's on the floor done, then do laundry, then don't have the staying power to put away the load of laundry after it's done, which starts the accumulation process over immediately. Hopefully if I have all clean clothes I'll put it all away and it'll stay away for a while.

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

On 9/10/2021 at 2:34 AM, obax said:

This is probably going to be the hardest, lack of sleep makes me cranky and depressed, which makes me more likely to stay up later, which makes me more cranky and depressed, which makes me stay up later, and so on, gotta love a vicious circle. I don't understand my brain sometimes...

That’s far too familiar!

welcome back again :) congrats on the real pay check!

I want a class that involves swinging swords around, that’s awesome.

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

On 9/9/2021 at 8:18 PM, obax said:

Wow, i am just....I think I need to watch this now?

19 hours ago, obax said:

HEMA class today and OMG it was exhausting. I've only done a few classes, and maybe it's because I'm so out of shape, but I'm always more exhausted after swinging swords around than I expect to be.

This. Sounds. AMAZING. What kinds of stuff are you doing?

I'm not sure why you'd be surprised to be exhaused after swinging swords lol :D

19 hours ago, obax said:

Bedtime was actually good last night. It being not a work night, bedtime was 11 and I got into bed almost immediately after getting home from my sister's, which was at 10:30.

Success! 

• Like 1

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

I keep thinking I should get into one of those fancy, well respected 'bed time routines' -- buuuut, then games, friends and rabbit holes do me wrong 100% of the time.   Glad you got some of your sleep back!  Maybe that will help going forward!

• Like 1

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

On 9/12/2021 at 5:11 PM, Happienumber said:

This. Sounds. AMAZING. What kinds of stuff are you doing?

I'm not sure why you'd be surprised to be exhaused after swinging swords lol :D

It's because I'm not really sparring or anything, just learning guards and cuts and doing a bit of slo-mo, controlled practice with a partner. Ostensibly, it shouldn't be a lot of hard work, but it is.

9 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I keep thinking I should get into one of those fancy, well respected 'bed time routines' -- buuuut, then games, friends and rabbit holes do me wrong 100% of the time.   Glad you got some of your sleep back!  Maybe that will help going forward!

My 'fancy' bedtime routine usually gets derailed by the very same things. The stupid thing is, I know it works when I stick to it, because I've stuck to it before and it worked, but I just can't stick to it permanently

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Sunday 12 September

Macros were met.

Got the Floordrobe cleaned up, it took less time than I anticipated. I have learned I'm missing some undies, which is puzzling and creepy all at once (the later mainly because I've been binge watching Criminal Minds a lot lately and my imagination is vivid, they're probably in my gym bag or something from the last time I went to the cottage). Also tackled a bit of the Other Random Detritus, specifically my coffee table, which I wanted to clear off so I had room to do a puzzle. It's now covered in a puzzle, so it's cleaned up, if not exactly more usable.

Debated with myself  about going for a walk, I've updated my running goal to include walking at least 2x/week to keep the steps up and maybe do a little active recovery instead of having multiple full rest days through the week. I finally worked up the energy after an early dinner, and then it was raining, so I noped out real quick (I might have gone anyway, I don't actually mind light rain, but there were severe thunderstorm watches all throughout my area and the sky look right ominous in the distance, and I really didn't want to get caught in a downpour), so Sunday became a rest day. I think this will likely be usual.

Bedtime last night was almost good. The show I was watching ended right at 10:30, and instead of watching another one and continuing on my puzzle, like I wanted to, I turned it all off and went to bed. By the time I actually got into bed it was about 10:50, and my brain took me straight to Facebook, so what would have been a middling success turned into a small failure. Which sounds like I'm disappointed but I'm not, which is maybe part of the problem...

Monday 13 September

Working the late shift this week, from Monday - Wednesday. This means I get to sleep in but presents a big hurdle to working out, as mornings just in general are loathed and the last thing I want to do is anything other than laze on the couch. I actually planned on cooking dinner food this morning so I had something to eat when I got home, but my motivation tanked and I lazed on the couch instead of anything productive, including exercise. That already derails my perfect plan. That said, with this being my weird work week I can probably adjust, and Run Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, walk Wednesday and Friday, and call that close enough.

Macros have been met, or at least I've planned to meet them, I haven't technically eaten everything for today and I'm not really feeling hungry. I've had a bit of a hard time adjusting my meals and meal times to the late shift, it's only 3/month so I haven't had much practice yet, but I'm thinking instead of my usual bedtime snack I should have a morning snack, then eat my 'breakfast' when I start my shift like I usually do (breakfast right now is just a protein shake, so it's easy to ingest while doing paperwork or while driving). Might give that a try tomorrow, depending on how I feel in the morning.

I'm pretty tired so hopefully I do a better job of bedtime. That being said, I'm not anticipating a good sleep tonight, I got a scheduling email with no explanation for a meeting tomorrow with my boss about a case at work and my imagination is way too vivid, and past job-related  baggage way too heavy, for no explanation. As I said to my friend, I'll just ignore my anxiety by watching TV, then stew about it until I'm too exhausted to stay awake once I go to bed, like I always do, which will probably make for some restlessness...... I'm sure it'll probably be fine, rationally I'm not worried, but my feelings brain doesn't ever listen to my rational brain, so here we are!

Thus far I've maintained the cleaned up Floordrobe, but it's only been 1 day and I haven't done laundry yet since Saturday, so it hasn't been hard. We'll see how this goes as the week progresses and my energy wanes...

• Like 2

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

1 hour ago, obax said:

slo-mo, controlled practice with a partner

Slo-mo is a killer sometimes, though. That's when the muscular endurance comes in. Fast mode is cardio, slow mo is like....wow the muscles. 

35 minutes ago, obax said:

Got the Floordrobe cleaned up, it took less time than I anticipated.

cheering-dancing.gif

37 minutes ago, obax said:

the later mainly because I've been binge watching Criminal Minds a lot lately and my imagination is vivid, they're probably in my gym bag or something from the last time I went to the cottage)

OMG Criminal minds does this to you so much. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. It's like hey, that thing that you keep telling yourself you're paranoid about? Here's a situation where it happened. You're welcome. 

(I don't care that it's fiction it still validates deep dark fears and is therefore on thin ice LOL)

43 minutes ago, obax said:

there were severe thunderstorm watches all throughout my area and the sky look right ominous in the distance, and I really didn't want to get caught in a downpour

Or be struck by lightning which is my far greater fear for you. 

!!!!

Friend

845871768_egberts-yik-just-dont-do-that-v-pet-yike-just-dont-61141107.jpg.7f11e8e89f73b9edf6a2defae0fa0427.jpg

47 minutes ago, obax said:

I'll just ignore my anxiety by watching TV, then stew about it until I'm too exhausted to stay awake once I go to bed, like I always do, which will probably make for some restlessness...... I'm sure it'll probably be fine, rationally I'm not worried, but my feelings brain doesn't ever listen to my rational brain, so here we are!

You've probably heard this suggestion before but mindfulness can help here. This is certainly the pot calling the kettle black because currently me and mindfulness have the relationship of:

download.jpg.3cfc5ec3fec647e2d0dcde85d5bff5fe.jpg

But it sometimes does freaking help and I glare at it from the corner, a little annoyed that it worked. It's definitely not a catch-all or the most quick acting solution, but it's something to consider lol. 

• Like 1

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

On 9/9/2021 at 5:18 PM, obax said:

Yes!  Watch it!  It's incredibly well done, and Derek Jacobi is magnificent!   

When do you have to be up in the mornings?  I have to be up at 6:30 every weekday morning, and I'm very much not a fan.  

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

I love this floordrobe term!  never been a thing for me, I am too OCD in that regard, but this word just flies off the tongue and I love it!

• Like 1

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

23 hours ago, Happienumber said:

You've probably heard this suggestion before but mindfulness can help here. This is certainly the pot calling the kettle black because currently me and mindfulness have the relationship of:

download.jpg.3cfc5ec3fec647e2d0dcde85d5bff5fe.jpg

But it sometimes does freaking help and I glare at it from the corner, a little annoyed that it worked. It's definitely not a catch-all or the most quick acting solution, but it's something to consider lol. 

I have heard that before. I have a similar relationship with it, and it does work for me sometimes too. I also find that sometimes I just need to let my feelings brain freak out and get it over with and then I'm fine, which is exactly what happened last night. The trouble is, often when that happens my brain goes off on all sorts of random tangents nothing to do at all with what's actually my current stressor, and that's usually an unpleasant process, which is why I ignore my feelings by watching tv or doing puzzles until I can't avoid it any longer. It's a coping mechanism, if not exactly a good coping mechanism...

22 hours ago, Kishi said:

Wow, I didn't know you were doing HEMA! That's awesome! What sword do you tend to use? Are you doing more fencing type stuff or is it more German-style stuff?

The club I joined teaches German longsword and British saber. Longsword was what I wanted to learn by they have a decent deal to learn both at once, and I'm actually really enjoying the saber. I've watched a lot of sparring and a few matches and I think it'd be really cool to compete one day, but that's far off.

9 hours ago, Nymeria said:

When do you have to be up in the mornings?  I have to be up at 6:30 every weekday morning, and I'm very much not a fan.  

3/4 weeks per month I get up at around 6:30 (though I often don't roll out of bed til after 7), and OMG it's early. I'm lucky that I work from home, so I can just migrate from the couch to my desk in my pj's and do paperwork/phone calls/emails/organize my day while I finish waking up. I also usually have to drive 30-60 minutes to attend the calls I get, so that helps with waking up and gives me a chance to drink my protein shake.

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I love this floordrobe term!  never been a thing for me, I am too OCD in that regard, but this word just flies off the tongue and I love it!

It's entirely possible (and by that I mean 100% true) that I stole it from someone here (maybe Raptron?), I'm not that clever all on my own. But I know a good word when I see one and snapped it right up.

• Like 2

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Tuesday 13 September

Macros managed, or planned to be managed I ended up working a bit late and didn't get dinner on the stove 'til late, so I still have dinner to eat, but I'm hungry so I'll eat it.

I was real tired and cranky when I woke up this morning and did not get out the door for any exercise. I'm going to have to reassess how I go about my 12-8 days, which is to say I need to actually think about it and commit to some sort of plan.

My prediction about how bedtime would go was accurate. I also ignored the clock and watched 1 more episode and worked on my puzzle far later than I should have. Gonna try to do better tonight but dinner won't be ready until 10pm (not ideal, I know) and I'll probably want to let it settle a bit before I actually get into bed. I'm somewhat less concerned about getting to bed exactly at 10:30 when I'm working 12-8, since I'm able to get decent sleep even if my bedtime is a bit later than in should be.

My first real test of the cleaned up Floordrobe will come shortly, I did laundry today. I'm currently ignoring it in the dryer, it's going to be tomorrow or Thursday's problem.

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

2 hours ago, obax said:

I was real tired and cranky when I woke up this morning and did not get out the door for any exercise. I'm going to have to reassess how I go about my 12-8 days, which is to say I need to actually think about it and commit to some sort of plan.

Thus is it always when job and training meet. But the training you accomplish is better than what you don't accomplish, and also you can't know until they meet and either match or reject each other. You'll figure it out!

• Like 1

Wednesday 15 September

Macros managed. Still have a snack to go though.

No exercise before work I was super tired and just lazed about.

Ignored my bedtime last night.

Laundry is still in the dryer and has not formed a new Floordrobe yet.

• Like 3

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

At least it’s in the dryer and not the washer for all those days. Nothing more demoralizing then having to rewash clothes left in the washer 😂

Aint that the truth!

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr