Maigs Hangs out in the Battle Logs

I'm going to try hanging out here for a bit. 

Characters:

Maigs - 35F desk jockey

Hubs - 36M skilled technician

Kittens - 7M&F cats

Farmhouse - 100 year old farmhouse we bought last fall that is getting lots of work done do it over the next few years

Background:

I've been hanging around NF for probably 6 years now. I started my health and fitness journey in 2012 at a bit over 220lbs, got down to ~160lbs in 2016 and stayed there until early 2020 when COVID and back-to-back tax seasons from hell hit and I ate all of my delicious frustrations and got back over 200lbs. As of today I am right at 200 which puts me a hair under "obese" by BMI standards. 

Fitnessing:

I really got into mudruns/OCRs a while back, but I really hate running. So when COVID put a stop to the events I decided I'm probably done with them in general other than the occasional one for fun. I'm at a HIIT kickboxing gym now and love it. I also want to be strong so I'm trying to incorporate more strength work. 

Nutrition:

I'm vegetarian who prefers cooking from home most of the time. When I'm not working tax season hours this means I usually eat pretty healthy stuff. I have a weakness for chocolate and Dr Pepper which flairs up when I'm stressed. And when I'm working long hours I have no spoons left to cook and Hubs isn't a willing enough cook to take over completely when that happens so we tend to get take out or convenience foods. 

Goals:

150lbs

Visible arm muscles

Not addicted to caffeine

Not awful food choices when stressed

Current Plan:

At the beginning of September I started tracking my daily weight, calories, steps, energy drinks, and whether or not I did my hip rehab* or exercises. I'm calculating weekly averages of weight, calories, and steps to see what my trends are. My only goals that I'm trying to hit are 1800-2300 calories (2300 is TDEE without exercise) and 2 energy drinks a day during the week and 1 on weekends (I went down to 2 a day a few months ago and this week and started cutting out the second one on weekends). I want exercise to happen but for now it's not a specific goal. 

*I've been having issues with my hip that I started seeing a PT for a few months ago. It's getting better and I may technically graduate from PT soon, but need  to keep up on my rehab to make sure it stays better

Here to provide a wide variety of poke memes on the rare occasion that I am also not ghosting!!  

• Haha 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Sept 1 - Sept 4

Average weight: 201.7

Average calories: 1905

Average Steps: 5668

Hip rehab: 2 times

Exercise: 3 times

Sept 5 - Sept 1

Average weight: 200.3

Average calories: 1901

Average Steps: 3742

Hip rehab: 2 times

Exercise: none

Food was good and weight responded appropriately. I worked over 60 hours so not much else happened. Luckily this round of craziness at work is done so I can go back to my 25 hours weeks and have time/energy to workout