Jump to content

Mad Hatter - This is not a challenge


Recommended Posts

Hello friends!

 

I won't be challenging this time but I'll be here for the chit chat. 😄

 

The work deadline last challenge really knocked me out and I'm STILL in recovery mode. I took a long weekend off, but it wasn't until this Sunday when it hit me. I was sitting in a coffee shop, with a long awaited art book I'd picked up from the post office and I had a moment where I got completely and utterly lost in the book and the smell and the world. 😍 It was wonderful. But it struck me that WOW I hadn't felt truly relaxed for weeks and weeks. I thought I had, but apparently that was just me ramping down from like 120% to 90%. 😛 And I've been sooo tired. I even skipped all my classes.

 

Now I'm finally getting my energy back and getting excited about things but I just wanna take things day by day because work is still a bit chaotic and I'm tired of failing challenges. 🙈

 

Super boring but unchallenge it is!

 

  • Like 10
Link to post
6 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I was sitting in a coffee shop, with a long awaited art book I'd picked up from the post office and I had a moment where I got completely and utterly lost in the book and the smell and the world.

 

Omg this sounds GLORIOUS

 

I think an unchallenge sounds fantastic.

  • Like 1

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Tobbe said:

Here for the unchallenge! 👋  

 

Me too!

 

@Tobbe, do you have a challenge for this period? (I don't! :D )

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

Link to post
5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

The work deadline last challenge really knocked me out and I'm STILL in recovery mode.

 

Recovery is a challenge.

 

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I was sitting in a coffee shop, with a long awaited art book I'd picked up from the post office and I had a moment where I got completely and utterly lost in the book and the smell and the world. 😍 It was wonderful.

 

I am envious. Not least because we're looking at some interesting covid times. (It appears the vaccines are losing efficacy, and it's still basically a shitshow out there without them.) But I basically need more relaxing coffee in my life.

 

3 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

@Tobbe, do you have a challenge for this period? (I don't! :D )

 

Recovery is a challenge.

 

Like, let's not model it as something "other" that has nothing to do with the whole process of fitness and goal-setting and so on, because this is why people rush it: they think they're not doing the real work. Guys, recovery is a challenge.

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Link to post
33 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

 

Like, let's not model it as something "other" that has nothing to do with the whole process of fitness and goal-setting and so on, because this is why people rush it: they think they're not doing the real work. Guys, recovery is a challenge.

 

Let me rephrase:

 

@Tobbe, do you have a new challenge thread for this challenge period? 😛 

  • That's Metal 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

Link to post
7 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I won't be challenging this time but I'll be here for the chit chat. 

I have some stated goals but in effect I am really just here for the chit chat as well.  The "goals" are just a ruse to get people in ;)  

  • Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post
8 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

But it struck me that WOW I hadn't felt truly relaxed for weeks and weeks. I thought I had, but apparently that was just me ramping down from like 120% to 90%. 😛 And I've been sooo tired. I even skipped all my classes.

 

You deserve less than 90%! Wait, that came out wrong. I mean I wish you great chill and contentment! What art book are you reading?

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

Link to post

Yay for everyone unchallenging with me! 🤗

 

21 hours ago, Happienumber said:

Omg this sounds GLORIOUS

 

I think an unchallenge sounds fantastic.

It was!!! Until I smelled some people who decided to sit on the sofa across from me and completely ruined the magic...

 

19 hours ago, Nymeria said:

Following!  An unchallenged is just an opportunity to talk about the climbing that you were planning to do anyway. ;) 

Exactly. 😛 Though first I need to fix my poor falling apart body. I sprained my toe in my sleep and I have some ulnar nerve crap going on.

 

16 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I am envious. Not least because we're looking at some interesting covid times. (It appears the vaccines are losing efficacy, and it's still basically a shitshow out there without them.) But I basically need more relaxing coffee in my life.

Honestly I don't particularly have the emotional bandwidth to care about covid and I'm ok with taking some calculated risks. Though keep in mind that Finland's death toll is like 1000 people, to keep things in perspective before you judge me too harshly. 😉

 

14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I have some stated goals but in effect I am really just here for the chit chat as well.  The "goals" are just a ruse to get people in ;)  

At least you're doing cool stuff! 😄

 

13 hours ago, Harriet said:

You deserve less than 90%! Wait, that came out wrong. I mean I wish you great chill and contentment! What art book are you reading?

Haha. Thank you! 

 

I got Iris Compiet's Fairies of the Faultlines. I adore her creatures!

  • Like 1
Link to post

Today was supposed to be a chill day with no meetings, but nobody got the memo but me. Every time I was about to take a break there was some important random meeting I got pulled into. SO RUDE. And my brain fried before I got the chance to do anything fun. Also I need to have "a talk" with one of my new team members because I'm concerned she's just not up to scratch. I mean technically I don't have to, I can ask my boss/grandboss to do it but that'd be a dick move. Like dumping someone over text. My boss told me to trust my instincts, but I really don't want to do that because I really really like her as a person. UGGGHH! I really hope it won't come to the worst.

 

I'm gonna go doodle now.

  • Like 5
Link to post
40 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Honestly I don't particularly have the emotional bandwidth to care about covid and I'm ok with taking some calculated risks. Though keep in mind that Finland's death toll is like 1000 people, to keep things in perspective before you judge me too harshly. 😉

 

Yeah, no, us having interesting covid times doesn't mean everyone else is. I'm sure much of Europe and, like, the Pacific Islands are very steady. Over here, it's just what grade of shit-show we're having today. :D (I missed my window! There was one brief, glorious window where it was safe to be vaccinated and do things, and I missed it, dammit.)

 

42 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I sprained my toe in my sleep

 

WHAT.

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Link to post
46 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

Yeah, no, us having interesting covid times doesn't mean everyone else is. I'm sure much of Europe and, like, the Pacific Islands are very steady. Over here, it's just what grade of shit-show we're having today. :D (I missed my window! There was one brief, glorious window where it was safe to be vaccinated and do things, and I missed it, dammit.)

 

 

WHAT.

Aww man! I'm worried about missing my travel window if I don't get my shit together soon. 

 

I don't even. I woke up a few days back with a swollen toe and walking hurt. Now it's ok but it still swells up on longer walks. I don't understand how these things happen to me. :D 

Link to post
5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

It was!!! Until I smelled some people who decided to sit on the sofa across from me and completely ruined the magic...

 

You smelled them from across the room? 😲

 

Or across the table? Not good either way, but one of them is a lot less bad.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

Link to post
6 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I don't even. I woke up a few days back with a swollen toe and walking hurt. Now it's ok but it still swells up on longer walks. I don't understand how these things happen to me. :D 

 

*sigh*

Yet another person I have to wrap in permanent bubble wrap

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines