My sleep deficit is officially under 7 hours. Six hours and 45 minutes. I'm in the vicinity of normal sleep.

It's definitely taking my siesta to get there. 90 minutes dead to the world in the middle of the day. Part of the issue, though, is that I'm getting dinner done late. I'm just too tired to make it after jumping through all those schedule hoops. Honestly, I need another nap after that, but it's too close to bedtime to take one. (Probably.)

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Yesterday was a fail. After two days of 95+%, I got maybe 30%, and I was struggling for it. Also, like zero sleep, despite lying down for my nap and for sleep at night. It was a huge ADHD failure; after my failed nap, I just hyperfocused on all the wrong things, for nine whole hours.

Well, on the bright side, I did get 30% done, and attempted rest, and maybe moved enough to count as half a movement credit, and I was very on time for my errands this morning.

But it was a mistake to rest my lower back for half a day. It was getting in the swing of all that packing. Now it's tightened up and hates me, even for the simplest of things. "Oh, you want to take a walk that's shorter than the recycling run you've done multiple times in the past three days? I veto this! Is that a stair I see? A stair? What horrors of soulless civilization are you inflicting on me, woman? I will stay strong. And rigid. And unbending."

• Sad 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

"Oh, you want to take a walk that's shorter than the recycling run you've done multiple times in the past three days? I veto this! Is that a stair I see? A stair? What horrors of soulless civilization are you inflicting on me, woman? I will stay strong. And rigid. And unbending."

My compassion for your situation is at odds with my awe at your command of the English Language for depicting your situation. The compassion won out, just barely, which is why I gave you a sad react rather than a laugh one.

• Haha 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Tomorrow's morning job list, so I don't forget:

Spoiler
  1. Chill the wine, if I forget tonight
  2. Roast Brussels sprouts (and a few chunks of butternut squash for miso soup)
  3. Steam cauliflower and make mash with cheddar and green onions and bacon and sour cream
  4. Make cranberry sauce
  5. Chop and sautee stuffing ingredients
  6. Make something approximating a pumpkin cheesecake
  7. Rosemary-onion-olive flatbread
  8. Roast bird with a lemon shoved up it
  9. Ribbonize a cucumber
  10. Steam some edamame

Appetizer: Flatbread and cantaloupe and cranberry sauce

Soup course: miso and fresh spinach (and maybe a few autumnal butternut chunks, I'll throw them on the roasting list), and maybe some edamame on the side

ETA: Cucumber ribbon and snap pea salad

Main: lemon-assaulted bird, sausage stuffing, roasted sprouts, mashed cauliflower, and more cranberry sauce

Dessert: pumpkin cheesecake and coffee

Normally I try to get a soup and salad course, although that's usually because my family's Thanksgiving feels very heavy. Mine has a lot more green and fresh veggies. Still, I do believe in having lots of courses for holidays... maybe I could do something with ribbons of cucumber?

Miso soup is a slight cheat, but I have a ton of miso paste to use up and it's easy, and I only need to please me.

3 hours ago, Mistr said:

Sorry about your back. Would a hot bath or lounging on a heating pad help?

I think a heating pad would be overkill. Mostly it needs stretching, maybe a therapeutic crack. Hot bath is tempting, though. I have tons of Epsom salts to use.

• Like 1

Week 5 Day 3

Okay. I ran some serious errands and got a little rest and food, and now we're getting back on the clock.

Work units scheduled: 16 probably

Work units completed: 8

So boooooooored. Scheduled work is dull and draining and has very little reward, guys. But it's slightly better than falling off schedule by accident, even if it doesn't seem that way. Time to make a list. And find something to listen to. And earn some sleep. Which hopefully I will actually get tonight.

Avatar The Last Airbender GIF by Nickelodeon

• Like 1

Okay. My new list is truncated down to 3.5 hours. I can do that and deal with groceries, but I can't do that and deal with groceries and have a proper nap. This is a dilemma.

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

• Sad 1

I compromised like a wise old person (with emphasis on the old). I am learning from Avatar.

I decided this was probably not a manual labor night. I didn't sleep last night, I did five exercise units and eight work units of errands, plus heavy lifting, and I got eight vaccinations. My hamstrings and lower back were not having it, and I didn't have a lot of energy reserves. Picking up my groceries was an exercise in enduring suffering.

So my first compromise: hot bath with Epsom salts and a lecture on mindfulness rather than diving straight into a nap, to see if I could loosen up those tendons and muscles, and get a graceful failure out of the night rather than a sudden crash. (The lecture, coincidentally, spent about half an hour on how we need to rest to heal and even animals know this, but humans have forgotten it, with all the tension they physically hold onto. Message received, old wise Zen dude.)

After that, I have recouped enough energy to put the groceries away and make a meal. Maybe I will chop vegetables for tomorrow, but I'm not going to push myself. This is not a night for pushing myself. If I'm done, I'm done. But there will be food and DS9 and grocery putting away.

Blech, I do not like this new pandemic level of unfitness. I got into the bath and stretched a little, and immediately felt vertebrae cracking. Oh well, it is what it is.

brit GIF

• Like 1

As a person who is completely out of Epsom salts, and whose primary supplier is out of stock of them, I am madly jealous of your hot salt bath.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

9 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

As a person who is completely out of Epsom salts, and whose primary supplier is out of stock of them, I am madly jealous of your hot salt bath.

If only you lived across town from me, I have like 16 pounds to get rid of.

• Like 1

The good news: how much food prep can be done while watching Deep Space 9.

The bad news: how much needs to be done while my lower back complains about bending and standing and everything.

Ah well. Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

If only you lived across town from me, I have like 16 pounds to get rid of.

And in return, you could borrow a dog for an hour or so. 

If only.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

And in return, you could borrow a dog for an hour or so. 

ANOTHER LIVING BEING? A WHOLE HOUR?

Dog GIF by The Dodo

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

ANOTHER LIVING BEING? A WHOLE HOUR?

And one that is demanding of attention and affection, and after receiving it, will curl up and nap next to you. Highly recommend.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

On 11/25/2021 at 1:36 AM, sarakingdom said:

Blech, I do not like this new pandemic level of unfitness. I got into the bath and stretched a little, and immediately felt vertebrae cracking. Oh well, it is what it is.

I feel you.

18 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

The bad news: how much needs to be done while my lower back complains about bending and standing and everything.

Do you have something squishy to stand on? It might make it a little more comfortable. Or take the chopping to the floor/low table?

Great work on all the food prep!

14 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

And one that is demanding of attention and affection, and after receiving it, will curl up and nap next to you. Highly recommend.

You are living the dream.

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I feel you.

It is the worst. That's partly on me, but various lockdowns and virus-wise decisions did not make that easier.

Do you have something squishy to stand on? It might make it a little more comfortable. Or take the chopping to the floor/low table?

The chopping was indeed done while watching episodes of something at the table. Standing was actually okay, it was stuff like leaning over the sink and bending to check the oven that were less good. But I managed.

And I think it's better today. Which is good, cuz I have a full cleaning and packing schedule.

I finally cleared some floor space from packing and did that back stretch where you lift your knee to the opposite bit of floor, and, uh. I'm very tight. Unbelievably tight. I'm about a foot or more away from my usual "I haven't stretched in a long time" position. This is gonna be painful. I think I'll have to make some yoga time before bed. I need to be stretchier for packing.

Guys. I hate packing and cleaning so much. This has to go faster. And less boringly.

Yay! Hopefully the extra stretching will help too. 🙂

I think it's a big improvement. Not 100%, but much better. All my muscles are so, so tensed up. Gah.

• Like 1