1 hour ago, Athaclena said:

For those that like a relaxing hot cup of tea - I've recently discovered a blend from Tea & Absinthe (they do the Fantasy\Sci-Fi convention circuit) called Fireside Cocoa. It's a Rooibos blend (so soothing\caffeine free) that immediately transports me to sitting around a fire and making s'mores. It's AMAZING. I sweeten mine with stevia and squirt some whipped coconut cream on top :)

Non-Affiliate link if someone wants to give it a try (or browse their other teas - they've been my go to tea vendor of late). https://www.teaandabsinthe.com/tea/fireside-cocoa-tea

Thanks for sharing I might try to snag a cup as I'm getting back into the world of teas!

Fresh Druid Graduate Lvl 0

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

I'll have a pumpkin spice White Russian please! 

• That's Metal 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

A very battered and battle-worn Mandalorian sits...no, closer to collapses into one of the chairs by the fire.  As she takes off her helmet, the bartender sends a server over with the beer from the Chaplain.  She looks at it for a second, then picks it up gratefully.

Ugh.  I don't even like beer, but that does actually sound *really* good right now.  It's been a year.  I'm still alive, but that's about all I can say for myself right now.  Which isn't nothing, but it's a lot less than I'd like.  So, I'm going to try to refocus on myself for the rest of the year so I can better take care of my family.

Here's to an awesome rest of the year. *salutes*

• Like 5

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Rho heads to the fire, grabs a blanket and sits down gratefully. 

"I'll take whatever you think I need, Barkeep."

*Fights a yawn and stares into the fire*

"These always make me so sleepy...."

• Like 6

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: Rhovaniel looks Inwards, to change Outwards

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26

8 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Rho heads to the fire, grabs a blanket and sits down gratefully. 

"I'll take whatever you think I need, Barkeep."

*Fights a yawn and stares into the fire*

"These always make me so sleepy...."

"I'm not the barkeep, but may i suggest some good company?" As a little green man hops on a seat. His left hand holding down his top hat while he makes a jump for a regulr sized chair. Putting up the his other hand and 2 fingers towards the barkeep.

• Like 5

... a little odd in the head ...

I'll take a hot cider and join the fire.

slomo bonfire GIF

• Like 8

Lover of all things Dragons and stuff

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

Books in Progress: The Silmarillion (52%), Left Behind (60%)

2021 Books completed: Storm Warning, Into the GauntletTying the KnotThe Rising: Antichrist is Born, The Glass castleThe Regime: Evil AdvancesThe Rapture: In the Twinkling of an Eye +8

Previous Challenges:  5,4,3,2,1

On 10/19/2021 at 10:26 PM, Mr_Willes said:

"I'm not the barkeep, but may i suggest some good company?" As a little green man hops on a seat. His left hand holding down his top hat while he makes a jump for a regulr sized chair. Putting up the his other hand and 2 fingers towards the barkeep.

"Good company is absolutely what I need. It's wonderful to see you again, my friend!"

• Like 2

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: Rhovaniel looks Inwards, to change Outwards

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26

Still in process of moving but getting to experience fall this year, so my usual drink is appropriate 

tenor.gif

• Like 7

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE Moves

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 63

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

5 hours ago, RES said:

Still in process of moving but getting to experience fall this year, so my usual drink is appropriate 

tenor.gif

In our house it's Capt Morgan Black in our coffee LOL.

• Like 2

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

8 hours ago, Athaclena said:

In our house it's Capt Morgan Black in our coffee LOL.

Ryan Newman Yes GIF by Alexander IRL

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE Moves

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 63

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Terra wanders in and looks around for a comfy seat.  Finding an empty oversized chair near the fire she crawls in and orders a lovely pumpkin spiced tea to sip on and people watch.  

Reclining Best Friends GIF by TV Land Classic

Hello friends!  Could you pop over into my challenge?  I'm looking for halloween costume votes and could use a few more before Saturday.  Thanks!  

• Like 8

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: FULL CUP

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Hey friends. Here is some Inspiration for the end of week one:

Thanks for the dwarf music soundtrack, Tank, cuz I have a not-unrelated announcement: the Discworld edition of Movie Club. It is endorsed by the Low King of the Dwarfs.*

*Statement may not be true.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Anyone have a favorite way to eat up meat patties without buns/bread? 

I'm working on staying away from all flours,  but have an abundance of turkey patties and was wondering if anyone had faves they enjoy them with? Or even just the sides you like to eat with them?

(I know one youtuber that just roasts veggies and eats the patties on top calling it garbage bowl style). Just looking for other ideas incase I nope out of that. 

Just attempting to have it so I can grab a dish or two and eat up without thinking... as if I have my happy plate setup things tend to get eaten. 

• Like 1

Fresh Druid Graduate Lvl 0

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

1 minute ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

I'm working on staying away from all flours,  but have an abundance of turkey patties and was wondering if anyone had faves they enjoy them with? Or even just the sides you like to eat with them?

(I know one youtuber that just roasts veggies and eats the patties on top calling it garbage bowl style). Just looking for other ideas incase I nope out of that. 

Just attempting to have it so I can grab a dish or two and eat up without thinking... as if I have my happy plate setup things tend to get eaten. 

Topped with terriyaki sauce, grilled pineapple and stir fried veggies on the side

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

On 11/13/2021 at 12:49 AM, Fairly_Bouncer said:

Two ideas spring to mind.

1 - treat it exactly like a burger without the bun. Add burger sauce, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and gherkins. You could even wrap it in lettuce leaves if you want to eat it with your hands.

2 - treat it like a steak. Add chips, a side salad, roast veg, or whatever you would have with a steak. Bonus points for peppercorn sauce.

• Like 3

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

If you're avoiding gluten, but not carbs - chop it up, sauce it up and serve over rice or in a corn tortilla (think Chipotle burrito with a corn rather than flour tortilla  or burrito bowl). You can use any flavor profile, I'll steam some cabbage and use a soy sauce base for an Asian dish, Indian curry or of course Mexican, or make some Pho (I buy a vege based "instant" Pho bowl) and add whatever left over meat (or veggie) is handy - or fry some eggs - for a super quick lunch.

• Like 1

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

I had a bunch leftover from a graduation party.  I cut them up and made cheeseburger gnocchi! 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Happy Turkey day to all US-based Nerds!

Behind the spoiler is a video of my favorite Thanksgiving pageant. It's a clip from a great family movie, about the single greatest movie family ever. :) 

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32