Squid Game (The Blind Assassin Part 2) - Deffy #73 *No Spoilers*

deftona

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Dirt In Your Eye (@or1256) | Find & Make GIFs on Gfycat

I'm afraid I did give in but it was the correct decision and has only energised me. 

40 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Do you have a favorite Christmas decoration that puts you in the festive spirit? 

I really love my tree now because we put the main one up in the bedroom and just have a little one in the living room because I decorate my mantlepiece so that's the centre of attention in that room. So my answer to this question is 1. My bedroom tree and 2. my beautiful mantlepiece because it makes me feel like I am living in the move Scrooge (Albert Finney version ie The best version ever)

• Like 3

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

8 hours ago, deftona said:

steak, ale and stilton pie

This sounds amazing.  What kind of crust will you do?

Do you hand-raise your pies, or bake them in a tin?

I'm slowly working up the courage to do a savory dinner pie, and I'm just not quite there.

7 hours ago, deftona said:

So it's within an ounce

I have to say I was skeptical about how well this would work.  I'm glad that it worked very well! Great job!

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Now I kind of wish it was.

Me too, after all this stress we've been having that sort of stuff has been that last thing on our minds and it's been tiiiiiime.

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

This sounds amazing.  What kind of crust will you do?

Do you hand-raise your pies, or bake them in a tin?

I'm slowly working up the courage to do a savory dinner pie, and I'm just not quite there.

I used puff pastry. My preference is for shortcrust but TH doesn't like it. I bake them in individual pie sized rammekins - it has a lot of gravy so hand raised wouldn't really work with these. Savoury pies are amazing, 

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I have to say I was skeptical about how well this would work.  I'm glad that it worked very well! Great job!

I know this has worked for me when I have eaten pretty low calorie, led a largely sedate day to day life but exercised intensely but I wasn't sure if it would work as well when most of my activity was coming from an active job, no exercise and loosey goosey eating (but careful tracking) and now it has shown itself to be accurate in both extremes I am happy to say I have full faith in Fitbit calculations.

• Like 5

Saturday Update

We woke up to lots of snow outside and the roads hadn't been gritted properly. I live directly opposite a junction that's a slight hill start, so  when this happens there tends to be carnage and yesterday was no different, as every car that had to stop at the junction then got stuck with no traction and had to rely on the kindness of strangers for a push, of which there were many which sort of excused myself and TH just watching everything unfold from the warmth of our bedroom with coffee. There was also this bellend who decided he didn't want to wait for the two cars ahead of him to go, the first of which was waiting to turn right onto the ungritted junction but couldn't because there were three cars stuck in the snow, the second of which was going straight on but needed the car ahead to go first, so decided to overtake and got stuck on the wrong side of the road. At that point, the traffic cleared and if he had just had some gosh darn patience he would have been on his way but instead he got stuck for an extra half an hour. And of course he was an Audi driver. Schadenfraude was in spades yesterday morning. 

We had a really bad storm in the night and when we opened the curtains to the back garden we saw we had a tree that had fallen so we tried to deal with that with the few tools we have for jobs like this. It was insufficient so I walked (I was never going to drive in that bullshit) to the hardware shop at the end of my street and bought a saw. TH sawed down the tree and prepped it for logs for my mom and dad's open fire. We also had a man pop over to give us a quote on the drainage work we need doing. It's a big job involving a bit of structural remediation so I was expecting thousands but the quote was for £900. He was lovely too so I think we're just going to book him in and not bother waiting for any other quotes. 

We spent the afternoon putting up the Christmas decorations and the house looks so lovely now. The tree is in the bedroom and so far the cat has only had a few dings of the lower hanging bells in the night but it's a matter of time before she tries to scale it. 

Spoiler

csqyrsL.jpg

jajqXIO.jpg

Spoiler

zKWj7cM.jpg

I used the miniature pumpkins that have been decorating my fireplace throughout autumn to make pumpkin soup for my lunches at work this week, and I made some steak, ale, mushroom and stilton pies for our dinner. I made extra for my mom and dad too and I think they'll be pleased with them :) I have also bought them some advent calendars this year, which I always do and I usually go for standard chocolate but I found them the perfect ones this year. I got a sweets one for my mom because she loves Black Jacks and Fruit Salads, and my dad is diabetic so I found a pork scratching one online with different flavours of crackling and I have been excited to give it to him since I bought it about a month ago. I'll take them over today with the pies and soup and I think they're going to be really happy and I am very excited!

I got 4 goals ticked off yesterday, I ate over my calories (thank you pies and milkshake ❤️) missed my booty goals because I fell asleep on the sofa before bed (still no sexytime too for the same reason), and I don't think I drank enough water so I took the point loss just in case. 28.7 lbs to go. 

I am so happy at the moment. All the stress has slowly dissipated bit by bit because we've dealt with our problems effectively and I feel able to breathe again now. 

Kinder Bueno Presents: Adulting (short edit) on Make a GIF

• Like 7

On 11/28/2021 at 1:57 AM, deftona said:

I am so happy at the moment. All the stress has slowly dissipated bit by bit because we've dealt with our problems effectively and I feel able to breathe again now. 

I am so happy to hear this.  And there are so many good bits in your posts from over the weekend.  I'm glad your stresses got sorted.  Your Christmas decorations are stunning and festive!  Also watching idiots struggle in the snow from the coziness of your house sounds like a lot of fun!  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

I'm so glad your calorie/Fitbit tracking worked out 🙌

Also, beaut decorations - I was at my sister's at the weekend and got to see the full Harry Potter Lego in the snow is laid out with lights as a centerpiece to the lounge/diner!

• Like 1

Level 20 Rogue Ranger

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23