...on Asgard

Yes it’s another Loki themed challenge. I have so many gifs I didn’t get to use lol.

Last challenge I didn’t do so great in some of my goals, and even the one that I smashed, I’m not content to let it stagnate. 

tumblr_inline_pawf5rrexe1swtwu4_640.gif.f5262d7b977d38e04191343e30009280.gif

So much of this challenge will be carried over, with adjustments to my methods.

1. Training grounds 

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Loki isn’t only proficient in daggers. 

main-qimg-81fb2d637ee550d552d7b11828716dtumblr_inline_prcd1qWWtl1qeoe34_500.gifvtumblr_p47e5qQdrE1ra8x1ao4_500.gifv

I'm itching to get back to some staff work, but I also haven’t lost a microt of my love for knives, and I’m stoked about my new bow. Having goals in all of these areas would be too much to focus on, so I’m making one simple overarching goal that contains them all.

Goal: a collective three hours per week weapons/props work

2. Learning halls 

qm72th2jbi.jpgjon-mccoy-mourning-asgardlibrary-v015-011-jmc.jpg?1457621658

This is a two parter. For the first week of the challenge I’ll be attending an intensive 6 day course. Zero week I’ll be studying for it, and although I usually don’t count zero week, I’ll be tracking how much I study to keep me on track. Then week one, the class itself is going to count for this. 

I have lots of books that have been sitting on my shelf begging for my attention and I’ve been neglecting them due to making myself too busy. I know I’ll be a happier person if I get reading back in my regular habits.

Also, NaNoWriMo will be starting and I’ll be half-heartedly participating in that (not pushing for the 1200/day, but ramping up the volume and putting some effort into it)

13f75a853408b19e67292efa9833187b.gif.80d2581a767f4ab4c5d45ca95a895c8f.gif

After the class is over, the goal will be: read or write 1 thing per day. 

I’ll post a snipit of what I wrote, and try to share something I learned from what I read, if I learned something. 

3. Harness my powers

1617cf72aeb9ba39842119791317.gifloki-magic.gif

I will do the friggin mindfulness!! I remain dedicated to making this a daily habit. If I have NOT done it when I post my daily update, I will take ten minutes to do it BEFORE I post. This is the new rule.

Everyone is allowed one free swing at me if I don't do this. 

Pinned to the first page for easy location, the table of code names for the people in my life:

Spoiler

Piglet: one of my best friends, lives in the apartment above the garage

Zaphod: piglet’s husband

Belle: piglet’s sister who lives in the adjacent property

Wallace: belle’s husband 

Data: belle’s 9 year old daughter

Puck: belle’s 7 year old son 

Rashka and Dale:  piglet and belle’s mom and dad, who own the main house that I rent part of.

Thor: logically, my brother. 

That being said,

X8OV.gif.ad74071539bae50c23875933285bda74.gif

• Like 9
  • That's Metal 2

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Week 0 Sunday

1. Training grounds

Wasn't actually planning on doing anything today but Data and Puck have started a new epic game where they are prince and princess, and the princess was stolen as a distraction for bandits (from Madagascar, apparently) snuck into the treasury and stole the "Royal Chalice" (the symbol of rule and something that is necessary for proving legitimacy to the throne) in order to usurp the throne-- their imagination amazes me. Anyway, Puck decided I was going to play their tactician and royal advisor so I got read into this game, and we went on a massive quest to save the princess (while unbeknownst to us, the palace was being robbed) and because I have a sword, the kids wanted me to show some moves in a pretend battle with the kidnappers. 

So I did some lightweight sword stuff today LOL. 

2. Learning halls

8 hours of study. Do I annotate too much?

Before:

1843732808_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.c27a150d9c01f56e9319265bbc0ab7b1.gif

After:

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.3b7e5fa74961a75ce90099cf34f29d40.gif

tumblr_p6jl44AKqw1wf775uo1_400.gifv

"My child is fine!"

"Ma'am your child has dried out two packs of highlighters in 48 hours and has stopped blinking."

3. Harness my powers

Yes I am starting this in zero week. 

Have I done it yet?

tumblr_86ee102c0d5324ba93d8db5ee31cbe3e_f972cefa_540.gif.804ec7f2d1866b07acddfb1e1d39bb01.gif

I am PAUSING and DOING IT NOW spare my face

*jeopardy music*

Ok I am back. 11:22 seconds of mindfulness done. I did "Stepping out of the cycle" on headspace and I havn't heard that one before. It just came up on the daily recommendation. I rather liked it.

Was this inconvenient?

Yes.

Will it motivate me to do my mindfulness in the morning as scheduled? 

I sure hope so. 

• Like 10

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

23 hours ago, Rookie said:

Doing a follow my friend! 

What did you do to that poor book 😂 it’s okay to leave some white space 😉

i am the arch enemy of white space. If I see any, I have to fill it with my silly little thoughts. And then when I’m out of white space I get postits and filll those 😂 

23 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Yay, another Loki-themed challenge. Following! :) 

good to hear from you! how’s things going?

(why isn’t my phone auto-capitalizing anything….?)

21 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey there, following along :D go get it!!!!!! xx

morning Sal! Thanks! I know what the saying means but jokingly I was thinking to myself, “what am I going to get? Idk but I’m going” and it reminded me of this:

4073D42A-2AF4-43C1-B1F1-84B27FEC0280.jpeg.8bf21aba949ffb527ee0b2005cc04b09.jpeg

and that piece of arcane wisdom will follow me throughout my day 😂 

20 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

*clicks follow and waves* :)

A74520B0-F21D-4913-BB1A-D8A755B7DF7D.gif.5eb19afae1c109ef783ceee3e3a5717a.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

@Aquarii 

7B498177-8CC2-4EDA-BA9D-4E3C9084FDED.jpeg.8d27dec0a577faa34002dbc320bb7c59.jpeg

1E74B601-8E33-4BB2-8549-FAB64ACF1FB0.gif.6359cf1e8b854d59e1ba287d336a67ed.gif

the video doesn’t quite capture the color change (it goes green-blue-purple, this rainy day lighting is doing it no favors) but im pretty happy with them. I decided not to cut them Because i like a symmetrically balanced knife.

i accidentally left them out in the rain last night because I’d painted them and left them to dry hanging off the swing set snd forgot about them, so I was terrified id ruined it, but it looks like the paint had already dried. 

• Like 6

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Looks like a great challenge!  Following!

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Week Zero Monday

2. Learning halls

7 hours of studying. I might keep going for a bit because my brain isn't quite liquid pouring out of my ears yet. 

Shared Tidbit that I have learned today: 

I already knew the part about how translation cannot be literal word-for-word because of a million reasons, but I learned a new example in that the Hopi people don't view time as countable chunks, but as one linear continuum, and therefor the Hopi language doesn't have words for units of time or the counting of time. 

3. Harnessing my powers

damn-loki.gif

Hold on....

b8e7f1dfd8995048b6f7e1dba3e8e077.gif

Ok 11:14 of mindfulness, done. "Resting in uncertainty." Even though it doesn't call for it, I'm experimenting with doing a breathing technique I learned from Stop, Breathe, and Think which is to fill up your belly first, then your chest, then empty chest, then empty belly. Idk if it has a proper name but I like it and it seems to help ground me more than others. 

11 hours ago, Shello said:

Looks like a great challenge!  Following!

Yay! Glad you're here! Welcome!

• Like 5

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

1 minute ago, Salinger said:

Hey, how has your day been?xx

Busy! Piglet needed help with one of her cleaning jobs so I was out with her from 8am until 3pm, and then did 7 hours of studying lol. Somehow I'm not braindead yet though? 

Tomorrow she needs me to drive her to a drs appointment at the hospital (a little over an hour away) and we'll be there most of the day, so I'm going to try to find the hospital library and tuck in to study while I'm there. We'll see! 

She's checking to see if she's still allergic to oranges, and if not, we'll be celebrating with an orange feast (not really a feast, but eating a few oranges and having champagne.)

• Like 3

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

On 10/18/2021 at 8:56 AM, Happienumber said:

Loki isn’t only proficient in daggers. 

Oh, yeah, the staff is BACK!

On 10/18/2021 at 8:56 AM, Happienumber said:

the table of code names for the people in my life:

Very helpful, thank you! :) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Looking good friend!

and those colour changing knives?! *chef kiss* 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Harriet said:

Hey! Happy knifing, staving, bowing studying and mindfulling!

Thanks! I think it’s gonna be a fun ride.

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Oh, yeah, the staff is BACK

380F3368-EEC3-49D9-9E5E-EE9EEA10F8E6.jpeg.d7e50259b0429d7165d0192ac3beb511.jpeg

1 hour ago, Yasha92 said:

and those colour changing knives?! *chef kiss* 

i am so happy with how they turned out! I’m going to have to get a better picture in decent lighting. Unfortunately not today because it’s raining for realz (actually it’s still like 5C but I am sure it was snowing earlier. Piglet disagrees but she will also say the same once there’s 3 inches of snow on the ground and she’ll be like “nope I don’t believe it I reject your reality and substitute my own it’s too early for snow nope”)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

I just had the most Autumn breakfast ever. Nice hot bowl of chicken soup, and Rashka is making a pie snd she gave me a small bowl of apple pie filling. 

i feel like I should go out and rake  leaves or something but we are almost out of leaves as we move into stick season lol. 

• Like 5

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Taking a break from studying to eat dinner. I don't remember the last time I ate so that's a downside to hyperfocus. Oh wait....I literally posted it. I ate 9 hours ago, it was soup and apple pie filling 😂🤣😆 send help and brains from the sky. 

tumblr_f33b43f8519975a4d3563c37e873d2dc_c682a098_1280.jpg.4f2b25af58d4ffddd723eaa18dafa99b.jpg

My dinner is six billion kelvin so it's forcing me to take a longer break than planned just to cool it off and not just ingest pure superheated plasma. 

Are you cooled down yet?

No....

1065582781_giphy(16).gif.878a65e487fe6d8380e2eedb5ff8f674.gif

I am feeling impatient and squirrely. 

• Like 4

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Week zero Tuesday

2. Learning halls

10 hours of studying. I didn't even finish what I had scheduled for today because there was more material than I expected in the second chapter. I was planning on finishing the chapter after my meeting tonight but someone pissed me off during the meeting and now I'm not in a focus-y head space and I'm kind of spiraling. I shouldn't even be as upset as I am it just set me off and I'm back in the "I don't want to even go to this class I just want to disappear and become an Emu in Australia so why would I care about studying."

5emyr3.jpg

I'm sure I'll get over it but not tonight. 

Hmmm... a tidbit to share that I learned....

Nothing is coming to mind, I was mostly compiling things I already knew into an easy to explain package for class discussion. I did however spend 30 probably unnecessary minutes trying to find a concrete source for a thing I thought I knew about Greek and Roman education systems, but was slightly unsure if I just made it up, but it was a neat point that would be kind of impressive to share because of how nicely it tied together several topics in the book and perhaps I'm a little vain? 

897305316_giphy(10).gif.1815f6be25a0acaafd3e8854c58516f1.gif

I mean, I don't ever want to make other people feel like they are stupid, I just like to share some of the weird esoteric bits I've picked up and help people see new angles. But will that topic even be brought up? It's a tiny fact that I just find interesting and I like connecting dots. I probably won't even get to talk about it but I did spend a half hour wasting my time to find a source, and yes I did find it, it was just very esoteric....google gave me nothing and I had to break out all my physical books on the subject, and yes, it was in there. 

3. Harnessing my powers

Actually for ONCE in my LIFE I did the thing. Headspace has a whole new section on focus and I did one of those exercises before I began studying. I am unsure how much of my focus came from that and how much came from the energy drink. 

This is not a proper way to conduct science. 

• Like 7

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Not counted as part of the goal, but related to Training Grounds (which is on hold until I finish studying) I'm watching this film on traditional archery to wind myself out of a tizzy and so far it's really good (and has lots of rave reviews.) Havn't finished yet so I don't know the ending... I'm getting pretty excited about my recurve now and learning new non-compound techniques.

• Like 4

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

3 hours ago, Happienumber said:

a thing I thought I knew about Greek and Roman education systems

Bored GIF

• Haha 2